Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,832 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult (71703 Views)

Kairo’s Embassy Church, Uyo Pastor's Wife Lied To Him (Photos) / 2-Year-Old Girl 'Ministers' At Christ Embassy Church (video) / Fire Guts Christ Embassy Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by WinsomeX: 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2015
deborah777:

I will pm to you and then i can find you in fb.
please send me the message at electronic_mails_4me@yahoo.com
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Marchman: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
Still waiting Deborah. You can send a link or email and will contact you.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 6:51pm On Jun 02, 2015
WinsomeX:

please send me the message at electronic_mails_4me@yahoo.com

I sent the invitation to that group to your email.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by maryyo: 5:00pm On May 04, 2016
WinsomeX:
EXAMINING OYAKHILOME

I just saw this on front page. Follow me to examine it closely as I try to prove my central thesis here that CE is a cult.

The truth is that the Nigerian tabloid had been reporting a lot more scandal of Pastor Chris and a publication like this will go a long way in redeeming his image.

"Apostolic wonder"... Quite some title don't you think?

Now that's what I have been looking for which I had not seen anywhere else. Every cult requires the founder/prophet/god to have some supernatural encounter. This encounter is what elevates them to the level of the superhuman and that separates them from ordinary members. It could be an angekic encounter, a mystwrius happening when the chap was in the wimv, some dream, a voice that spoke to him, etc. The bible is never enough. Faith is never enough. There must be some ENCOUNTER...

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

OK. Following...

Who are these "neighbours in the faith"? Fellows Pentecostals or Fellow WoFaither?

There is only one way to prove the god-man nature, to equate yourself with the bible apostles, and that is to claim to speak in tongues more than anyone else.

Following...

Well, it is your word. I wish I could believe it. Though it could be true, considering the billion these people reap people of.

Like he is Apostle John or Praying Hide. Myth. Can we see some pictures please?

I will not dispute this. Its quite possible.

Hero worship at best. Man worship. The making of god Oyakhilome.

What we used to know in those days was that the holiest men were those most keenly aware of their own depravity. It is the other way round now.

Well if you insist, I will say the only other person that rivals him at this level is T B Joshua.

OK.

Impressive.

How does it add to the gospel?

Can you offer a link to this teaching please?

Impressive.

I quite agree. One aspect of CE is the really beautiful music they make. Though what does it take to make music? Be really smart and talented. Ask R. Kelly, Rihanna or Beyonce.

Well, is this really a spiritual thing? To have rich folks in church.

Same way Oyo State is the pacesetter state in Nigeria? Common. Let's cut down on this self glorification. Nothing spiritual about it.

Yes. Like rivalling Jesus' teaching ministry. gods in the making...

Very tempting offer. I'm not moved. Gospel preaching is not salesmanship.

Congratulation. How is this spiritual in anyway?

Now this got my attention. Please provide school and year of attendance, pls. No honorary degrees from loveworld schools o!

Impressive. Congrats.

O yea. Like many rich and worldly CEOs. I'm yet to see what is really spiritual about this.

Compare all this self glorification to another apostle of scripture:

1 Corinthians 4:4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. 4:6 And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. 4:7 For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it? 4:8 Now ye are full, now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you. 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men. 4:10 We are fools for Christ's sake, but ye are wise in Christ; we are weak, but ye are strong; ye are honourable, but we are despised. 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace; 4:12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: 4:13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day...

The day we and other atheists, agnostics alike begin to understand that the God you're tirelessly trying to defend/keep supreme here, isn't the least intimidated or irked by man sharing in His glory, by man achieving global status in His Name;

The day this sinks into us is the day threads like this will end.
...for I have said, ye are gods.... Ps. 82:7
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by LambanoPeace: 8:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
What a thread. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 3:22am On Feb 23, 2017
LambanoPeace:
What a thread. grin
For me it helped to understand CE more as while helping in there i had my own questions about it. Now i have moved on and not help there anymor only passing english rors into harku detention centre as one friend has requested it.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 7:02am On Feb 23, 2017
deborah777:

For me it helped to understand CE more as while helping in there i had my own questions about it. Now i have moved on and not help there anymor only passing english rors into harku detention centre as one friend has requested it.

Whether you help CE or not... Whether you slander them or not... The church will March on. I hope by now, you've understood that you cannot fight the church of God.. No matter your personal grouse with it?

Keep spreading the word. God bless you real good.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 12:44am On Feb 25, 2017
Gombs:

Whether you help CE or not... Whether you slander them or not... The church will March on. I hope by now, you've understood that you cannot fight the church of God.. No matter your personal grouse with it?

Keep spreading the word. God bless you real good.
Yes show of course goes on....but it will be exposed anyway to true believers when there anything wrong from treatment of first lady ce and so on.
It is said in my country that fish gets rotten from head. I really hope that truth may raise again in that church and honest believers are not cheated anymore by this church.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 8:30am On Feb 25, 2017
deborah777:

Yes show of course goes on....but it will be exposed anyway to true believers when there anything wrong from treatment of first lady ce and so on.
It is said in my country that fish gets rotten from head. [b ]I really hope [/b] that truth may raise again in that church and honest believers are not cheated anymore by this church.

Well, till then.

I'd sure be here to remind you.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 12:17pm On Mar 05, 2018
Gombs:

Well, till then.

I'd sure be here to remind you.
Remind what?
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Gombs(m): 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2018
deborah777:

Remind what?

remind you of your false hopes grin grin grin
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Egoboyo: 6:14pm On May 20, 2018
It's only those that have not personally encountered the holyspirit that will argue all this..its really because you don't all understand, and please no one forces you to give, if its because of givings of others you ate here lamenting stop drinking panadol on another's persons headache.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Egoboyo: 6:15pm On May 20, 2018
You see a Man that is used by God, and all you could do is write a long epistle on your gullible backbiting.. God help you all
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Marchman: 11:04pm On May 20, 2018
Of course, Christ Embassy is a cult. So there's no point arguing with a staunch member. Their brains have been taken out.

Ran away from there with my family. I wish the cultists the best.

2 Likes

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Maestro21: 3:03am On May 21, 2018
Marchman:
Of course, Christ Embassy is a cult. So there's no point arguing with a staunch member. Their brains have been taken out.

Ran away from there with my family. I wish the cultists the best.

Hope you find peace wherever you are man.

You need it.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Maestro21: 3:12am On May 21, 2018
Egoboyo:
It's only those that have not personally encountered the holyspirit that will argue all this..its really because you don't all understand, and please no one forces you to give, if its because of givings of others you ate here lamenting stop drinking panadol on another's persons headache.

Of course bro.

I have always said, anyone who is deeply interested in the things of God and has an unquenching desire to know God through and through will fall in love with Pastor Chris.

As your hunger is increasing, where you are will not satisfy you. Especially when you desire to put the word to work and see changes in your life and in the lives of others.

Then you would want someone who uses the word the same way you desire to. Someone who you see work the word with incontrovertible signs and wonders. Someone who obviously works in a power the body of Christ has not seen in years.

If that is you, Pastor Chris is or should be your mentor.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Marchman: 4:30pm On May 22, 2018
Pastor Chris is a slave master. He has created a system that is very financially beneficial to him, turning the sincere quest by numerous folks for God into a money making industy. That is not the gospel of Christ. His focus is not heaven, it is to make it here and now. Fake pastor and brainwashed followers.
Maestro21:

Of course bro.

I have always said, anyone who is deeply interested in the things of God and has an unquenching desire to know God through and through will fall in love with Pastor Chris.

As your hunger is increasing, where you are will not satisfy you. Especially when you desire to put the word to work and see changes in your life and in the lives of others.

Then you would want someone who uses the word the same way you desire to. Someone who you see work the word with incontrovertible signs and wonders. Someone who obviously works in a power the body of Christ has not seen in years.

If that is you, Pastor Chris is or should be your mentor.

1 Like

Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by solutionarena: 7:03pm On May 22, 2018
www.eadesms.com is offering you her SMS service for as low as N1.70kobo/unit
*Are you interested in starting your very own SMS reseller business contact us today for a quote
*Do you have an existing website and wish to use our API for your SMS service delivery, you have come to the right place integrate o it Api on your website and get SMS units at a cheaper rate; the rate is outstanding
*Do you want to reachout those within your business area?
Eadesms provides GSM Database numbers based on LGA, State and Nationwide to enable you reachout to more customers for patronage
Visit www.eadesms.com to get started....
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Maestro21: 4:39am On May 28, 2018
Marchman:
Pastor Chris is a slave master. He has created a system that is very financially beneficial to him, turning the sincere quest by numerous folks for God into a money making industy. That is not the gospel of Christ. His focus is not heaven, it is to make it here and now. Fake pastor and brainwashed followers.

You are truly talking like your new master. And no, I do not envy you. My prayer for you is peace, because it is clear you don’t have it.

As you stopped giving or attending the church; they have done more with more money than you would ever see or count. Pastor Chris must truly be foolish not to just eat all the money and keep Mum yet they are spending more on things that pertain to Christ and reaching the lost for him.

One who is already filled cannot drink. So carry your filled self and stay where you are. In 5 years we would revisit you and you will see where we are.
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by imanray37(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2019
If you say Christ embassy is a cult i have no doubt to believe you due to my many experiences when I was in Member of the church )from what you said everything about your summation about Chris embassy is true
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 25, 2019
Like Apostle Paul, I know who I have come to believe. Jesus said, "he that believeth in me the works that I do he shall do also... and greater works than these shall he do" ...Do you see that Pastor Chris is up there fulfilling his destiny in Christ. And some of you are down here scratching the ground for dirts and everything disgusting. If you feel like you've got some higher revelation. then let God give you the charisma... It's only fools that doubt proofs... "And he said... and these signs shall follow them that believes..." Mind what you say about God's church and His body... Folks, don't be tempted to stand against God's body!!!
Re: The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult by deborah777(f): 6:37am On Apr 29, 2020
imanray37:
If you say Christ embassy is a cult i have no doubt to believe you due to my many experiences when I was in Member of the church )from what you said everything about your summation about Chris embassy is true

you are welcome to process your experiences in ex ce fb group Finding way in the emptiness. you can msg me privately.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Masturbation? / Full Text Of Apostle Suleman's Prophesies For 2014 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Faces JAIL In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.