Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki (50143 Views)

How Senate Rules Were ‘amended’ For Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Elections – Clerk / PDP Against Igbo Presidency – APC Group / Senate Presidency: APC May Conduct Primaries For Lawan, Saraki, Akume (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by lalasticlala(m): 7:58pm On Apr 04, 2015
Prominent leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have expressed their preference for the former governor of Kwara State, Dr Bukola Saraki as the next Senate President.

Though, a former governor of Benue state, George Akume was said to have been penciled down for the exalted position, key leaders of APC, it was learnt are backing Saraki for the position.

The choice of Saraki, it was gathered, was informed by the enormity of his sacrifice for the party’s success at the presidential and national assembly polls.

The APC leaders pushing for Saraki’s Senate Presidency followed the zoning of the position of the Senate President to North Central zone by the party.

With the victory of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (North West) and Professor Yemi Osinbajo (South West), some of the top positions left to be allotted are Senate President, Speaker of the House of Representatives and their deputies.

Other positions are the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), and the Chief of Staff.
Prior to the presidential election, the party had considered the option of rewarding the North-Central with the Senate Presidency and the South East with the Speaker. The Secretary to the Federal Government or the Chief of Staff is reserved for the South-South.

However, with the presidential election over, the party leadership may no longer be disposed to the earlier arrangement as one of the National Working Committee members said that, “it would amount to robbing Peter to pay Paul.”
The party leader from the North-East who pleaded anonymity argued that: “How can the party reward the zones that worked against the party and our presidential candidate with juicy positions while the zones that delivered the party are allocated mere deputies.

“I am sure the party will reward hard work.” APC in South-South returned only one Senator in Edo North while South- East returned two members of the House of Representatives from Imo State.
“PDP also posted massive victory in North-Central where it won states like Plateau and Nasarawa.
The APC’s leadership, it was gathered has scheduled a meeting for Abuja after the Easter break to continue with the discussion on power sharing.

http://leadership.ng/news/423111/senate-presidency-apc-leaders-push-for-saraki

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by kodded(m): 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Firefire(m): 8:00pm On Apr 04, 2015
ok oo

Flets:

With Saraki seeking senate president, Nigerians should forget about any law at the favour of the masses

Who is more PDP than Bukola? .... 8 years as governor under PDP, Almost four years as Senator under PDP.

Where is the change?

We at this end are only laughing and observing the CHANGE cheesy cheesy

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Gbawe: 8:01pm On Apr 04, 2015
I support Saraki as well. I think he is a good choice given the options available.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ChinemeOkpan: 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by daveP(m): 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
Click "Like" if you think he fits so well.

And share if you think there is a better candidate.

184 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 04, 2015
As one of the heavy-weights that formed nPDP, Saraki stands a good chance of emmerging as the Senate President. Let Imo get the post of the Speaker. Whoever emmerges, ensure you lace his mouths with 'horse briddle'.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by TRADELYN: 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2015
grin

I am not surprised based on his political profile, but he's still too young in the house. tongue
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by DuchessLily(f): 8:06pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by sarzwizard(m): 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2015
Senate and presidency will harmonize and work well in this dispensation. Sai baba Hundreds of "like" pls for our President-elect #babanowthatyouarethere please don't disappoint us .
Who ever is appionted ah don't gv a fùck.
Abi saraki na my father?

39 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Gbawe: 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
I am not a fan of Saraki- too much baggage but he has paid his dues, he took risks to work for the APC and boy he delivered. Kwara is now a APC state.

If the PDP did not rig heavily in Anambra, Ngige would have won hands down. He would have been my preferred choice. Going forward, it is only sensible that Saraki from the NC gets the Senate Presidency.

My opinion too. It should be Ngige. Yet he is no longer a Senator after May 29th. After all is said and done, Saraki is probably the best choice. Like you, I agree he has baggage but he seems to have come of age and appears to be at that level where Politicians begin to eye a positive legacy. He might see his position as redemption and a second chance to be a dynamic and pro-people Senate President perhaps preparing the grounds for a future presidential challenge. His commitment to the APC cause and hard work on behalf of the Party is commendable and indicative of how he is a determined and resourceful character who could be very useful helping the APC pass laws beneficial for Nigeria.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by miqos02(m): 8:21pm On Apr 04, 2015
since the s. east sold their birth right

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Realdeals(m): 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2015
He'll have it! see the arrangement below

Senate President - North Central
Deputy Senate President - South West
House Speaker - South South (Assuming Magnus Abe won, he would have gotten the slot, expect a rep from Edo state to have it)
Deputy Speaker - North East

Watch Attahiru Jega Damming Response To Orubebe Allegations

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by crownprince102: 8:25pm On Apr 04, 2015
Saraki, the surest bet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by abduljabbar4(m): 8:29pm On Apr 04, 2015
Its all about my party APC so I doncare about who becomes the senate president but I think Saraki did more for APC

16 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by MEILYN(m): 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2015
Hmmmmm Saraki is fit for that position. Like they say 'Hard work pays' and Saraki's hard work will surely pay off. I pray he becomes the Senate President we all want him to be.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Alphaoscar: 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2015
Seriously I can't see another person getting the position apart from Saraki.

Sai Bukky!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Texcoco(m): 8:43pm On Apr 04, 2015
It keeps getting worse for Nigeria with that rogue at the helm...

12 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by Macelliot(m): 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
BREAKING NEWS
Goodluck Ebele
Azikiwe Jonathan

Defects to APC.

14 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by MEILYN(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
Texcoco:
It keeps getting worse for Nigeria with that rogue at the helm...
Keep crying like a little baby okay? Nobody gives a damn what you think. Whether he is a rogue or not, he is still going to be the Senate President. Now go and hide where the sun doesn't shine, Mr Ichido.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by patrickmuf(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2015
It's expected since my SS and SE people decided to put their eggs in one basket...Saraki deserves it but he should please wash his hands off corruption cos APC cannot afford to fail...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by ruggedboy01: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
Am observing angry
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by masseratti: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2015
i dont understand this arguement,George Akume also won in benue,Benue voted for APC in the Presidential elections and George Akume is the minority leader,its only natural hew becomes the president of the senate.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by asha80(m): 9:12pm On Apr 04, 2015
patrickmuf:
It's expected since my SS and SE people decided to put their eggs in one basket...Saraki deserves it but he should please wash his hands off corruption cos APC cannot afford to fail...
lol at saraki washing his hands off corruption...politicians do not think like commoners

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by giantstrides(m): 9:37pm On Apr 04, 2015
I hope saraki will be loyal to the APC cause, he is a very ambitious man. Great choice though because of his leadership abilities.

4 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by hassan85(m): 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2015
#TeamAkume Senate president. #TeamKwankwaso Majority leader.

8 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by meforyou1(m): 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

ngige came 3rd, mind you

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by sammyj: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
Saraki played his politics well and deserve to be the next senate president compared to people from the other side that put all their eggs in one basket by voting for only PDP for both Presidential and senate during the last election.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by adeymoj(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
good
Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by doctokwus: 9:48pm On Apr 04, 2015
Just getting to know APC produced 2 HOR members from Imo state,that's great,very great.
If means d next speaker might be from d east since d east has lost out in d race to be f Senate president.
I just hope Imolites would be sensible and return okorocha to that seat by resisting all attempts to rig him out.

14 Likes

Re: Senate Presidency: APC Leaders Push For Saraki by swagsguy(m): 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2015
Saraki does he have what it take to control the assembly. If yes then goodluck to him.

SAI BABA

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Shows Off His "Shaku Shaku" Dancing Skills At His Daughter's Wedding. / Okorocha Meets With Buhari, Ambode, Ngige In Enugu, Attends APC Rally (PHOTOS) / Shuaibu Audu Prostrates Before President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.