Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha (4737 Views)

Abdulsalami Abubakar Reacts To Quit Notice Given To Igbos By Arewa Youths / Jonathan Reacts To Ultimatum Given To Igbos By Northern Youths / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Gasout(m): 8:57am On Apr 05, 2015
A time of reflection for Igbos! - Okorocha speaks again.

Dear Igbo compatriots:
One of the closet Igbo man to the president elect is Dr Chris Ngige onwa, a senator who was defeated in the senatorial election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't override a pathological hatred for Gen. Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the senate to enhances his chances at senate president in case Gen. Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chances to make history as senate president.
That's what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Arthur Eze, and peter Obi, hustlers after their own interest instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pledged that we were making a huge mistake to our wagon on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe. Only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment but nothing beats being a senate president. Igbos are very bad at politics. Fifty years after independence, we yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns.our answer? Blames others! Only if Hausas didn't do this or yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with others instead of our better than thou attitude when dealing with the Hausas and yorubas. We are not better than anyone, those folks we thumbs our noses at are God's creatures like us. We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their states in search for our livelihood.

Our politics should mirror our economic aspiration not the other way round. There is no wisdom in living in the north, earning a living, yet despise the northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of politics don't like that.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from meaningfully seating at the table, making contribution to Nigeria's political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today because we are realizing that we were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbos leaders.

Where they?

Are they at home?

Hmmm! I sincerely hope some people are listening?
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by DickDastardly(m): 8:58am On Apr 05, 2015
Open letter to Igbos from JUDAS of Imo cool

FTC with Original C of O wink

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by CHM11: 9:06am On Apr 05, 2015
As much as I don't like the APC, Rochas is very very right. If your brain is working, you will see sense in his advice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Gasout(m): 9:08am On Apr 05, 2015
This is greatest mistake the Igbolite have done so far in the history of our democracy. When GEJ was elected into office in 2011, what was the position of Igbos in the 3 arms of government? Now ruining their chances of becoming the 3rd or 4th in command in the senate and fed. House of rep. Respectively. That's the result of politics of religion and tribalism. I no be Igbo, but their actions is vexing me.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by chidiebere2020(m): 9:36am On Apr 05, 2015
Who cares, is d average life of a northerner that have rule dis country 4 many years better than igbo

6 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by AlomoReloaded: 9:41am On Apr 05, 2015
If he is done whining like a mule, someone should wake me! angry angry

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2015
The best thing that would happen in Igboland is to vote out Rochas Okorocha!

He is among those that betrayed our trust and confidence!

Even PDP members from the North worked for APC, because they see Buhari is "family"!

Okorocha is an "oka nma na ama"!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 05, 2015
You get ready to pack out of Douglas House you Judas, we will give you the dose we gave Ngige in Anambra so that both of you will die together

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by obailala(m): 9:50am On Apr 05, 2015
It's a shame that the Igbos have reduced themselves to the most vocally tribalistic humans in Nigeria... Others may be tribalistic but at least they hide it but Igbos have just taken this too far.

Hate will do nothing but eat up the soul of the hater; right now the irrational hate for anything with links to APC has been transfered to fellow Igbo men like Ngige and Rochas who were the first to foresee the emergence of a new government at the centre. Perhaps the new found hate for these men is for their effrontery to see what other Igbos refused to see. I may be wrong on this and that is why I ask, what is this hate on Rochas based on?... Is it Rochas that gave Buhari 15million votes to dethrone GEJ?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by lameda07: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2015
Maybe they would learn after 2nd term of Buhari in office and A Yoruba candidate emerges. Yorubas wouldn't reckon with consensus, yoruba would support another Hausa and Igbo should they join the race.

Our land is gradually becoming a neutral environment for all to thrive. Maybe that's largely responsible for the continuous growth we keep recording.

When the Senetorial result came in, I wept for indigbo for disallowing that long-serving Senetor of the Federal republic.

Maybe they would learn!
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 05, 2015
Rochas makes perfect sense. Unfortunately people don't like to hear the truth especially when they are narcistic and the truth doesn't flatter their ego.

Igbos won't be able to come up with an intelligent response to this valid point so they are going to do what they do best; rain insults on Rochas and anyone that agrees with him.

So Rochas and his supporters better get ready. Insults are coming your way.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by lameda07: 9:53am On Apr 05, 2015
chidiebere2020:
Who cares, is d average life of a northerner that have rule dis country 4 many years better than igbo

I don't like your disposition. One Nigeria please.
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by obailala(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2015
DickDastardly:
Open letter to Igbos from JUDAS of Imo cool

FTC with Original C of O wink
..and what makes him a Judas if I may ask?... for daring to see what others refused to see?... for daring to think out of the box?...

If Rochas had decamped 2 weeks to the election into APC then we could say he was a Judas but this is a man who had a foresight a very long time ago and decided to join the bandwagon of change. Now for daring to foresee the future and play his political card properly, he is now a Judas.

Igbos should better wake up, it's unthinkable that a whole ethnic group would collectively fall into a deep senseless slumber.

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by cyril83(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2015
chidiebere2020:

Despite all the advise you still never wake up.
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by owobokiri(m): 10:04am On Apr 05, 2015
Source please, or we will take it that this is another well crafted diatribe deployed from Tinubus situation room as APCs mind games with igbos persist. . Igbo is too republican for one Okorocha to impose his political will. Igbos don't cruise on herd mentality. Okorochs influence even in Orlu is not overwhelming so it will be a huge miscalculation for APCto biuld him up as another Awo of the east. There will never be an igbo Tinubu. Writing abusive missives against the igbo while terming such as letters from Okorocha will only dent his profile in the east. That won't win him much friends outside imo state.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2015
Okorocha will continue gloating in Kirikiri when we boot him out of imo govt house on April 11

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by chidiebere2020(m): 10:10am On Apr 05, 2015
lameda07:

I don't like your disposition. One Nigeria please.
am not preaching against 1 nigeria but we shouldn't see government position as a do die affair
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by egift(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2015
Thank God for Rochas, Ngige and Ogbonnaya Onu.

Those that sold out Ndigbo and fed our people hatred, where are they? How may Ndigbo did Peter Obi, all the Ubahs and Arthur Eze share the billions they got from Jonathan?

Until we start playing Politics of interest and Cooperation, things may be difficult. We must also see ourselves as fully Nigerians and drop the division agenda, to be taken seriously.

I hope we change before it is too late.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by egift(m): 10:15am On Apr 05, 2015
meforyou1:
Okorocha will continue gloating in Kirikiri when we boot him out of imo govt house on April 11
So you are done with "GEJ till 2019" and "No Vacancy In Aso Rock"?

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by chamboy(m): 10:15am On Apr 05, 2015
Igbos should chose their best Senator either in APGA or Pdp n Apply for Apc's form
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Gasout(m): 10:25am On Apr 05, 2015
APC is the party that could've produce senate president in this new administration that is about to come in few days and probably President in the near future in Nigeria if they had supported APC atleast 70percent; trust me. Politics is game that involves permutations. They have forgoting so soon that PDP belongs to the northerners even if Goodluck Won, PDP presidential ticket will never come to the east at the end of his tenure. Only if they had supported APC, i'm very optimistic the next APC presidential ticket would be for the east and the Hausas and Yoruba could've cast their vote for east d way they did for Buhari. but now that they've shown their yansh to the whole world by casting all their eggs in one basket, that dream of an Igbo Man becoming president in the nearest future would be an ilusion

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by ruggedboy01: 10:29am On Apr 05, 2015
Letter from a political prostitute lipsrsealed embarassed

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
egift:
So you are done with "GEJ till 2019" and "No Vacancy In Aso Rock"?
Take it from me. There is no Jupiter on earth that will make rochas not to lose the election. Just take that as the gospel truth from me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by jmoore(m): 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
Nkogheri101.

There is no wisdom in living in the north, earning a living, yet despise the northerners.

Igbo hate Hausa? But they voted for Yar'adua. Or is Yar'adua from Anambra?

- How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

The foolishness exist in your head, Stop generalizing. Are you from Somalia?

Igbos are very bad at politics. Fifty years after independence, we yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns.

What about other tribes? Are they not human beings? The last time I checked we have more than 50 ethnic groups in Nigeria.
Please use the North as a case study, they have produced most of the Presidents. Now compare their situation to those living in the SouthEast. Is the North like Dubai?

Rochas remove your red cap and put your thinking cap, if all you said is true then you are also guilty too. Stop insulting the Igbo race.

Common sense is no longer common.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by egift(m): 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
meforyou1:
Take it from me. There is no Jupiter on earth that will make rochas not to lose the election. Just take that as the gospel truth from me.

Earlier you were beating your rusty chest on how Buhari will lose. Today what do we have? So in case you have not noticed, nobody takes your tiny threats seriously.

Rochas will be reflected as Governor of Imo State and there is absolutely nothing you will do about it.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by meforyou1(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
egift:

Earlier you were beating your rusty chest on how Buhari will lose. Today what do we have? So in case you have not noticed, nobody takes your tiny threats seriously.

Rochas will be reflected as Governor of Imo State and there is absolutely nothing you will do about it.
Ok. April 11 is not far
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by specco(m): 2:41pm On Apr 05, 2015
In 2011 Presidential polls the NW did not vote for Jonathan rather Buhari got their votes in large numbers across all the NW states. Jonathan came second behind Buhari in all NW states but yet the NW geo political zone got these under Jonathan:
The speaker
The NSA
The Defense Minister
Chief Justice of Nigeria
IG of police
Education Minister
External Affairs Minister

Fast forward to 2015 President polls, in the SE, Buhari came second behind Jonathan in all the SE states just as in 2011 Jonathan came second behind Buhari in all NW states. Nevertheless they got all those, now some folks are debating whether SE should get anything in the coming Administration. Haba!
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by mcdokwe(m): 3:14pm On Apr 05, 2015
What's the heck about him being the senate president? What collective goal would it have granted us other than saying an Igbo man is the senate president?

The main reason I believe we still have a lot of growing to do politically in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by ArodeTsolaye: 3:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Gasout:
A time of reflection for Igbos! - Okorocha speaks again.

Dear Igbo compatriots:
One of the closet Igbo man to the president elect is Dr Chris Ngige onwa, a senator who was defeated in the senatorial election.
See how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn't override a pathological hatred for Gen. Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the senate to enhances his chances at senate president in case Gen. Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chances to make history as senate president.
That's what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Arthur Eze, and peter Obi, hustlers after their own interest instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pledged that we were making a huge mistake to our wagon on Jonathan who wasn't going to win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

I hate to gloat.
But maybe, maybe. Only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment but nothing beats being a senate president. Igbos are very bad at politics. Fifty years after independence, we yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns.our answer? Blames others! Only if Hausas didn't do this or yorubas didn't do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won't stop until we learn to coexist with others instead of our better than thou attitude when dealing with the Hausas and yorubas. We are not better than anyone, those folks we thumbs our noses at are God's creatures like us. We don't like the Hausas and we don't like the Yorubas, yet we populate their states in search for our livelihood.

Our politics should mirror our economic aspiration not the other way round. There is no wisdom in living in the north, earning a living, yet despise the northerners. That's being ungrateful. The gods of politics don't like that.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate us from meaningfully seating at the table, making contribution to Nigeria's political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today because we are realizing that we were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbos leaders.

Where they?

Are they at home?

Hmmm! I sincerely hope some people are listening?

Where is your source?. You are a yorubaman who is crying more than the bereaved. APc will be kicked out of douglas house on saturday. there is no doubt about that. Imo people need Rochas to be a minister in GMB's government in Abuja. He must therefore give way for Capt. Iheanacho or ihedioha.
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by BodyKiss(m): 4:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
noblezone:
The best thing that would happen in Igboland is to vote out Rochas Okorocha!

He is among those that betrayed our trust and confidence!

Even PDP members from the North worked for APC, because they see Buhari is "family"!

Okorocha is an "oka nma na ama"!

You mean to say he betrayed your tribalistic and bigoted self?
Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by Eshinwaju: 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
The problem is not so much that ibos did not vote APC, the real problem is the hatred that they harbour in their hearts for others tribes when doing so. Anybody is free to vote as they wish but to hate your neighbour is just confusing They just hate everybody......even themselves... grin things are going to get very bad for ibos across 9jeria because people are now seeing them for what they are... grin I fear for my ibos friends brodas o....... cool

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter To Igbos By Rochas Okorocha by BodyKiss(m): 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
obailala:
It's a shame that the Igbos have reduced themselves to the most vocally tribalistic humans in Nigeria... Others may be tribalistic but at least they hide it but Igbos have just taken this too far.

Hate will do nothing but eat up the soul of the hater; right now the irrational hate for anything with links to APC has been transfered to fellow Igbo men like Ngige and Rochas who were the first to foresee the emergence of a new government at the centre. Perhaps the new found hate for these men is for their effrontery to see what other Igbos refused to see. I may be wrong on this and that is why I ask, what is this hate on Rochas based on?... Is it Rochas that gave Buhari 15million votes to dethrone GEJ?

I'm igbo and sadly, you're right. Take the case of Ngige for example. This man was so loved in Anambra state, but ever since he joined to APC, enormous hates have targeted toward his person for no just logical reason.

Every part of the region has its share of tribalism, but the level my people are taking it saddens my heart.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Gov. Shettima Visits Fashola / ESN Member Constructs Fighther Jet In Enugu - VIDEO, PICTURES / BREAKING: Peter Obi Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.