Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,184 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:19 AM

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin (48191 Views)

Names Of The 44 Aspirants Jostling To Clinch APC ONDO State Gubernatorial Ticket / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Olufemiolaolu(m): 12:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
Eruditor:

16 people endorsed this hogwash? Then Captain Allison Madueke who was appointed military administrator of Anambra state was what tribe? Dikko that was put in a box and headed for Nigeria was what tribe? Make toxic economic policies? Hahahahaha.

Humor us, what did GEJ do for the SE in 5 years? He fixed the Enugu Port? He rehabilitated the roads linking Anambra to Enugu? He built the second Niger bridge? He created favourable economic policies?
Dont mind all these foolish & thoughtless people jare. They re just bitter 4 nothing. That is y is their culture is gradually going on extinction because they re more English than d English men themselves, because they arent real in anything.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Why are people laughing and saying nonsense?. The worst he can do is
1. Cancel all FG projects in the East.

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against legitimate Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

4.Heavily Militarize the East of the Niger.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know.But i know born Survivalists (Igbos) will survive. Let's watch and and see.
Was Umaru Dikko an eastern?
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Chinom(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
APC would not have won the presidency without Buhari. He was the only tangible candidate in their midst. It's not like Tinubu did Buhari a favour. Buhari actually did APC a favour by accepting to be the presidential candidate. After all, he vowed never to contest again after 2011. Tinubu persuaded him with a promise to back him up.

Smart people here will remember my earlier post during the primaries where I asked the Yorubas if they would not like to be President ?. Why couldn't Tinubu present a Yoruba man for APC. The answer is obvious.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by gabriplane(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against legitimate Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know.But i know born Survivalists (Igbos) will survive. Let's watch and and see.
what is this one saying angry undecided
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 12:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

yes i know but very few Igbos are in the Oil industry. If he's going to go after the subsidy fraudsters like Bola tinubu(oando), mike Adenuga(conoil), mai deribe, dangote, i will personally bundle Ifeanyi Uba into my 911 and drag him to Buhari if he's guilty.

Did you just use the adverbial clause "if" for Ifeanyi Uba's guilt as a fraudster?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by dandoki: 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
A guardian reader Arinze Nwosu says and i quote-

"No regrets rejecting the APC at the polls by the South East.

North West did not vote Jonathan in 2011, yet they got Speaker House of Reps, Defence minister, National security Adviser, Inspector General of Police, External affairs minister, Education minister, Chief Justice of Federation etc."

The immediate future will prove if the "equity, fairness and justice" we chorus in our anthems are just mere musical verses. cheesy
The "equity justice and fainess" that was convniently removed from chorus in the last dispensation. Anyway let th east rest a little bit and probably savour the largess garnered in the last four year before the anti corruption wind sweeps it away from their hands!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
Rolly83:
Our company "Student Works"is a UK based
educational agency that provides services to
students coming to the UK & USA for educational
purposes, work programs or to live here.
The services we provide are as follows
*English Courses
*Exam preparation courses
*University studies
*Short summer courses
*Unpaid work programs
*Paid programs
*Host family accommodation
*Student accommodation.
We work and represent many
schools,colleges,Universities, businesses and
landlords in the UK.
If you are interested or need further enquiries,
please contact our representative in Nigeria at
rowlandjumbo@gmail.com
Please Application forms are free.
Thank You.All our services are free of charge.We
don't collect a dime from prospective student
because we get our commissions from our clients
(Schools).
I look forward to the day foreigners will be trooping into Nigeria to acquire educational degree.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by geophyscist: 12:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
olas24u:

People are not guilty until proven guilty by the courts,Tinubu is an innocent man until its proven by the courts.He his very innovative ,strategic and full of ideas and he generated income through innovative ways to reach his dreams for Nigeria.
young man you and i are nigerians we know ourselves.don' talk like a kid if tinubu is not a thief my initial comment should happen to me.the problem with us nigeria is that even when we see the truth we like to cover it then how are we going to move forward as a nation.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by geophyscist: 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
olas24u:

People are not guilty until proven guilty by the courts,Tinubu is an innocent man until its proven by the courts.He his very innovative ,strategic and full of ideas and he generated income through innovative ways to reach his dreams for Nigeria.
young man you and i are nigerians we know ourselves.don' talk like a kid if tinubu is not a thief my initial comment should happen to me.the problem with us nigeria is that even when we see the truth we like to cover it then how are we going to move forward as a nation.am still waiting for you to say amen.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by gabriplane(m): 12:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
fashrola:

Bros the NW did not vote for GEJ but they got appointments in high places... I think GEJ is the only president who is not acting based on tribalism and religion
and what did southwest that voted for Jonathan get?
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Matty33(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
The incoming administration should not use their victory to settle scores, rather they should use it to unite this nation.

Appointments should be made based on merit, integrity...etc, and not based on past grudges with a particular ethnic group.

Truth is Nigeria cannot move forward if we embrace a particular ethnic group and castigate another.

Buhari said it times without number that he's government is going into intensive restructuring of the nations power, academic, sport, agriculture...etc sector. And to achieve this, we have to be united and work together.

To those who said igbos betrayed the yorubas, you should know that this is democracy, every one has the right to vote whoever he wishes to vote. We joined forces with the south west in 2011 to install GEJ but he failed us. Unfortunately most south easterners preferred to give him a second chance rather than embrace change. It was their choice. The media should stop making it look as if we committed a great sin by voting GEJ.

To my fellow igbos. Well I've said this and I will say it again. Jonathan's administration was of no benefit to the south east. It only enriched a few of our leaders, but had no positive impact on the majority; its time we unite and embrace the new administration.
Look closer, I'm sure he did something for the SE.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 12:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

yes i know but very few Igbos are in the Oil industry. If he's going to go after the subsidy fraudsters like Bola tinubu(oando), mike Adenuga(conoil), mai deribe, dangote, i will personally bundle Ifeanyi Uba into my 911 and drag him to Buhari if he's guilty.

Did you just use the adverbial clause "if" for Ifeanyi Uba's guilt as a fraudster?
I will always maintain my stand, there is no region in this country that is so tribalistic like you southeasterners. Always playing the victims' game.

Bros no offence meant.
peace to you.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by LasoulMacuby(m): 12:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
geophyscist:
if tinubu is not a thief you will live long but if he is guilty you will die today say amen to that to prove your claim.
Are u mentally stable at all? While will he die? He ask you a question, if Tinubu is a thief, while has he not been prosecuted? U fail to answer him and went on sprewing thrash
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 05, 2015
Igbos were not born of men.....we are created by GOD.... No weapon fashioned against us shall prosper.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by olas24u(f): 12:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
geophyscist:
young man you and i are nigerians we know ourselves.don' talk like a kid if tinubu is not a thief my initial comment should happen to me.the problem with us nigeria is that even when we see the truth we like to cover it then how are we going to move forward as a nation.am still waiting for you to say amen.

He his a hero of democracy and suffered a lot for this democracy ,he was in exile fighting Abacha and became a governor and started to increase IGR and made Lagos what it is today ,you can consult for a state you have worked for in the past ,so far you do you business the right way.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jomoh: 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:
With Tinubu at the helm of affairs, the incoming government is already a failed one.

With Amaechi tipped as SGF, Its business as usual. 

With Saraki seeking senate president, Nigerians should forget about any law at the favour of the masses

Ngige who openely agreed to rigging his way into anambra state govt house under PDP is already tipped for a ministerial role..... what greater corruption? 

Okorocha who would be losing his seat next Saturday is also favoured to be part of the new cabinet after his monumental fraud in Imo state

Who is more PDP than Amaechi? .... 8 years as speaker of house and 6.5yrs as governor all under PDP.

Who is more PDP than Bukola? .... 8 years as governor under PDP, Almost four years as Senator under PDP.

Where is the change?

My friend go and sit down and stop whining like a kid.

You lost and you're still acting like a loser
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Collynzo9: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

Guy abeg leave the monkey, i want your salient contribution to the thread.
Me I am just waiting for May 29th to start my criticism. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth from those celebrating now when Buhari starts. Repackaging fit work for campagign but no be wen im dey in power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by luglio: 12:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
geophyscist:
if tinubu is not a thief you will live long but if he is guilty you will die today say amen to that to prove your claim.

This is totally uncalled for and out of line.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Flets: 1:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
jomoh:

My friend go and sit down and stop whining like a kid.

You lost and you're still acting like a loser

You are crying already when I've got 4years to expose this fraudulent change. I just started, get used to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by geophyscist: 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
LasoulMacuby:

Are u mentally stable at all? While will he die? He ask you a question, if Tinubu is a thief, while has he not been prosecuted? U fail to answer him and went on sprewing thrash
i can see that you are a tout like your master tinubu.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by shomutuski(m): 1:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
The incoming administration should not use their victory to settle scores, rather they should use it to unite this nation.

Appointments should be made based on merit, integrity...etc, and not based on past grudges with a particular ethnic group.

Truth is Nigeria cannot move forward if we embrace a particular ethnic group and castigate another.

Buhari said it times without number that he's government is going into intensive restructuring of the nations power, academic, sport, agriculture...etc sector. And to achieve this, we have to be united and work together.

To those who said igbos betrayed the yorubas, you should know that this is democracy, every one has the right to vote whoever he wishes to vote. We joined forces with the south west in 2011 to install GEJ but he failed us. Unfortunately most south easterners preferred to give him a second chance rather than embrace change. It was their choice. The media should stop making it look as if we committed a great sin by voting GEJ.

To my fellow igbos. Well I've said this and I will say it again. Jonathan's administration was of no benefit to the south east. It only enriched a few of our leaders, but had no positive impact on the majority; its time we unite and embrace the new administration.

Of all igbos I have listened to, with the exception of chinua achebe, frank nweke and Ojukwu. Nah only You get pass.. 300 go credits for you..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ellechrystal(f): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:
That shows that those consortium of undemocratic and criminally minded hawks have no concrete plan for Nigeria. We don enta one chance o
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by GentleToks(m): 1:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:

Well written and more grease to your elbow. However, the truth must be spoken at all time and that is why I am saying this. Undoubtedly Igbos voted for Jonathan not cos of second chance but all out to spite the South west and the North.

I expected Igbos who usually cried about marginalisation; who claimed to have felt the negative impact of marginalisation to do the right thing when the opportunity presented itself but it was even worse than what it has always been prior to Jonathan government. And guess what, It was the same story under Aguiyi Ironsi regime.

Nothing last forever in life. Can Igbos come forward today and talk about marginalisation in this 21st century Nigeria?

Obansanjo administration brought the likes of: Soludo, Bath Nnaji, Ngozi Iwealla, Oby Ezekwedili, Andy Uba, Nafdac lady, Nnamani, Okadigbo, Wabara etc

Now look at Hausa/Fulani tenure, they are already opened to all possibilities from the East so as to integrate them into this new administration. Why is life all about me not others should be a topic among Igbos.

peace out

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by geophyscist: 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
olas24u:

He his a hero of democracy and suffered a lot for this democracy ,he was in exile fighting Abacha and became a governor and started to increase IGR and made Lagos what it is today ,you can consult for a state you have worked for in the past ,so far you do you business the right way.
pls is jonathan,obasanjo and fayose a thief.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by LasoulMacuby(m): 1:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
geophyscist:
i can see that you are a tout like your master tinubu.
There he goes again. Kontinu
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by seeker121(m): 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
hmnnnnn so the igbos are about to feel what we yorubas went tru 4 the whole of jona's tenure,why are they afraid of being marginalised when they don't knw how to play politics.Patrick Obahiagbon said "there is no differences between APC and PDP because they are all band of elites gathering together to acquire political power and see how the power could be deploy either in service of self or in service of the nation.Why do igbos see APC as islamic or yoruba party,i think we all have to learn alot from this words.

CHANGE HAS COME TO NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by eckersley: 1:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
[quote author=olas24u post=32369558][/quote]
Hy. Spot on opinion.
However, it appeared u didn't quote the individual u intended to reply correctly.
To quote someone(I.e make a direct reference to their comment), go below their comment, click on 'quote' and u will see d text of d person's msg.
Put ur cursor/mouse at the extreme end of this msg n type urs.
No spite meant by this correction
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 1:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
So many hateful and bigot-filled comments and thread from the Igbos since the emergence of Buhari as the President-elect and the emergence of APC as the main ruling party.
I wonder what the fuse is all about?
When Jonathan sidelined the Westerners from his cabinet, you guys were rejoicing, now you guys are crying foul play where there is none.
You guys were part of those that ruined Gej's chances at the poll ranting all over the internet as if the votes from your side is enough for his reelection bid.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by notttty(m): 1:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

....and more

you are simply stupid... first I will say u re a kid that's why u think so low... if the FG marginalise south-east I swear majority of ur people will relocate... do u know what it means to be abandoned.... the few of u dat has the riches to strive will be clamped on especially those that has the chances to create jobs like INNOSON... U re the highest importers of finished good and u will suffer more wen import tariff is at its highest take for example the issue of high conversion rate of the dollar who is suffering most?? the igbo bizness men.... I remember who cried most when GEJ government increase import duties on cars.... My friend if u don't go to school stop talking where learned people are cos u re one of the reason they said Nigerian graduates are half baked..... ur people honestly nd sincerely needbthat second Niger bridge remember.... rehabilitation of ur road all the way to benue is there..... so guy chill and sip ur easter coke cos u just don't know the strength of the federal government when it decide to wills it, ask tinubu how it is when obj dealt with him nd to say that's jus lagos compare to a whole geopolitical zone... al I will say is go and learn

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ArodeTsolaye: 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
Collynzo9:
Me I am just waiting for May 29th to start my criticism. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth from those celeberating now when Buhari starts. Repackaging fit work for campagign but no be wen im dey in power.

I have already started laughing. When the pain starts, i will live the with the consolation that my people never voted the government in power. The funny thing is the ingrate yorubas now claim that Jonathan never appointed any of them into his cabinet. This life is very funny.

Just listen to this one.

ThimmyWood:
So many hateful and bigot-filled comments and thread from the Igbos since the emergence of Buhari as the President-elect and the emergence of APC as the main ruling party.
I wonder what the fuse is all about?
When Jonathan sidelined the Westerners from his cabinet, you guys were rejoicing, now you guys are crying foul play where there is none.
You guys were part of those that ruined Gej's chances at the poll ranting all over the internet as if the votes from your side is enough for his reelection bid.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by kheart(m): 1:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

....and more

#yawn# keep ranting as usual

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by pussyphilia(m): 1:11pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ekweremmadu should please decamp to APC!
He's one of the few good men in the PDP and enjoys great popularity in his state.

He should decamp!!! Even if he eventually fails to get the position of senate presidency, he can actually rebuild APC in the SE and lead the party from that region. Nothing wrong with him decamping because politicians have been doing that since and his own is not going to be different. After all, politics is about interest.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP In Shock, As Uduaghan Defects To APC / Mohammed, Governor Abubakar Badaru's Son Graduates From UK University / Who Is The Dodgey Looking White Man Walking Behind Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.