Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin (48267 Views)

Names Of The 44 Aspirants Jostling To Clinch APC ONDO State Gubernatorial Ticket / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by UnimkeAk(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
tbaba1234:

Jonathan got significant number of votes in the North west in 2011, 400,000 in Katsina, 300,000 in sokoto,.

Without those votes, he would not have won.

The south east never gave buhari those numbers.

What are u trying to imply ?

Did Johnathan not give appointments from every region.

The SFG should go to the east.

Let the east 4gt about the senate.

APC can as well shove their appointments into their ass

With the rate of tribalism ; religious and ethnic bias,

Regionalism is the best thing that can happen to this country.

So tensions can go down.

The APC should be careful least the tear down this country.
Every zone must be carried along.
Like previous administrations.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 1:12pm On Apr 05, 2015
GentleToks:

Well written and more grease to your elbow. However, the truth must be spoken at all time and that is why I am saying this. Undoubtedly Igbos voted for Jonathan not cos of second chance but all out to spite the South west and the North.

I expected Igbos who usually cried about marginalisation; who claimed to have felt the negative impact of marginalisation to do the right thing when the opportunity presented itself but it was even worse than what it has always been prior to Jonathan government. And guess what, It was the same story under Aguiyi Ironsi regime.

Nothing last forever in life. Can Igbos come forward today and talk about marginalisation in this 21st century Nigeria?

Obansanjo administration brought the likes of: Soludo, Bath Nnaji, Ngozi Iwealla, Oby Ezekwedili, Andy Uba, Nafdac lady, Nnamani, Okadigbo, Wabara etc

Now look at Hausa/Fulani tenure, they are already opened to all possibilities from the East so as to integrate them into this new administration. Why is life all about me not others should be a topic among Igbos.

peace out

Well said bro......well said.......tell them.....let them hear, that's if they've got ears.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by olas24u(f): 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
geophyscist:
pls is jonathan,obasanjo and fayose a thief.

The economy was mismanaged and money was alleged to be missing ,the electricity was never fixed ,the trains were outdated ,the military had budgets every year for 6 years,the healthcare system has made Nigerian prefer Babalawo and traditional doctors.He is responsible because he his the head and the ball stops at his desk.

Why did he not probe Obj ,he also did not fix the electricity and refineries ,Fayose uses thuggery and intimidation on opponents.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jomoh: 1:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:

You are crying already when I've got 4years to expose this fraudulent change. I just started, get used to it.

Who cares how many years you've got.

You waited for APC to fall, it never did.

You waited for GMB to fall, he never did.

You waited for him to loose the election, he won.

Keep waiting for their exposure.

Eni fe wo iseju akan, yo pe leti omi.

"Anyone waiting to see a crab blink, will stay long by the river".

By the time you realise what you're doing to yourself, you'll have been old and your mates will have moved on to greater things while you're still waiting.

You and your ilks have been waiting for Tinubu for ages yet you got nothing. Only baseless accusations. Even OBJ with all his powers as the president could not get anything against him. The earlier you and your ilks accept the fact that who God has blessed no man can curse. Even if you bring CIA and EFCC if God says they won't see a thing, they won't.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
UnimkeAk:

What are u trying to imply ?

Did Johnathan not give appointments from every region.

The SFG should go to the east.

Let the east 4gt about the senate.

APC can as well shove their appointments into their ass

With the rate of tribalism ; religious and ethnic bias,

Regionalism is the best thing that can happen to this country.

So tensions can go down.

The APC should be careful least the tear down this country.
Every zone must be carried along.
Like previous administrations.

You guys from the east can be funny, what happen to the westerners during Jonathan's tenure?
were they well represented?
nope
they cried out, you guys told them to shut the fork up, that it is their turn to feel the heat.
We all know that during Obj's tenure, things weren't like this..... you Igbos weren't sidelined.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by closearms(m): 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Why are people laughing and saying nonsense?. The worst he can do is
1. Cancel all FG projects in the East.

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against legitimate Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

4.Heavily Militarize the East of the Niger.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know.But i know born Survivalists (Igbos) will survive. Let's watch and and see.

stop all these nonsense... if he wanted to take avengance . he would do even worst .. our president elect has not even resume duty you are saying this rubbish . every Good Muslim has no tym for all this he would not punish all the SS and SE because few ignorant ppl . who don't believe anything good can come from our Amicable GMB

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by IGBOSON2: 1:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
nawtikid:
D southeast who voted for jonathan as a result of sentiments and hatred 4 d northerners nw feel dey shud b considered for a huge government post.

I'm nt in anyway tribalistic, but I think dey brought dis discomfort upon demselves

I jst hope baba will du justice to dis matter

As 4 Tinubu, only God knws d intentions of dis crook

sai Buhari

^^^Why don't you get off the South Easts nuts!

You claim the South East hates Northerners?.....I suppose this is in stark contrast to the unbridled love Northerners have for the South East abi?

Listen mate!.....For as long as the South East is part of this country, and regardless of who they love or who they voted for, they are well within their rights to expect to be considered for ministerial positions; now whether the positions are huge -as you say- or not is up to Buhari.....he can do whatever he likes!

Can we have a time out on this sickening pretense of 'caring' and 'crying' for the Igbos!?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by oluamid(m): 1:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
Rexxie:
Whatever. The incoming regime cannot do without integrating the se and ss in its govt as that wud certainly prove critics(not as though they were wrong) right that apc is all about politics of bitterness n vendetta.. They aint gonna like the outcome if they dont do that..
By the way,has the president elect issued any Easter message to christians already or is that nolonger relevant?...

In your bid to reduce GMB to the level of bigotry you have, you are expecting him to issue an easter message. He's the president-elect. GEJ is still the president and is the right person to issue any message. Besides, I don't think I've seen it written anywhere in the Constitution where the president is obligated to reel out statements on religious events. Nigeria is a secular state afterall.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by IGBOSON2: 1:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
closearms:

stop all these nonsense... if he wanted to take avengance . he would do even worst .. our president elect has not even resume duty you are saying this rubbish . every Good Muslim has no tym for all this he would not punish all the SS and SE because few ignorant ppl . who don't believe anything good can come from our Amicable GMB

^^^Care to elaborate on the bolded? You reckon he has reasons to take vengeance?

The person you quoted is talking from experience so cut him some slack!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by UnimkeAk(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
kazmanbanjoko:
APC wants to make lagos more beta place for lagosians but without the federal support, they cant do it alone. So now that they got federal support, lets support them to make lagos a better place. We should not go back to old times in lagos now that we have the chance.
Vote Ambode for governor.
Vote APC.

Lagos state doesn't have federal support ?

What will states lyk cross river and jigawa now say
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 1:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

I have already started laughing. When the pain starts, i will live the with the consolation that my people never voted the government in power. The funny thing is the ingrate yorubas now claim that Jonathan never appointed any of them into his cabinet. This life is very funny.

Just listen to this one.

Chai !!!! , bros you can lie oooooo.... where in my post did I mentioned that Jonathan never appointed the Yorubas, I said he sidelined the Yoruba which is quite different from not appointing the yorubas.
It was later part of the administration that he gave the Yoruba one of the most powerful post in his administration which is the Chief of Staff.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Seun360(m): 1:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Chinom:
Like I said earlier, Yoruba's will end up holding the wrong end of the stick with Buhari. They will be shocked at how Buhari will sidetrack them. GMB knows that Tinubu financed his election with STOLEN public fund. He will not be in a hurry to reward him for that after all that shout about fighting corruption.
Buhari also knows that Tinubu and APC cannot achieve their aim without him as presidential candidate. It was a pre-condition for the merger of CPC and ACN. Hence, I don't think Buhari owes Tinubu anything. GMB may eventually appoint qualified non-politicians as ministers.

As for Igbos losing out ?. Hell NO. Igbo technocrats will play a major role in GMB's administration just like they did in OBJ's. There is absolutely no regrets in voting for GEJ. We felt and still feel that he was the best of the two. History will vindicate Ndigbo and SS people.

That Senate president seat is inconsequential for Igbo people. I would prefer we are give a powerful ministerial post. A senate president cannot effect any tangible change.

E go be you like snake in da monkey shadow. Igbos must face the consequences of their actions.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by sandland: 1:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
Iam an Ibo man and we have always been foolish politically.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:
That shows that those consortium of undemocratic and criminally minded hawks have no concrete plan for Nigeria. We don enta one chance o

Na you enter one chance. Not me

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by naijafresh: 1:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Acekidc4:
Me go just Manage Minister of Petroleumcheesy

See your mouth, Ole! grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by naijafresh: 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
CR77:
Seen!

Happy Easter 2 Goodluck Jonathan my Hero

God bless nigeria

Goodluck one chance motor go soon comot from motor park, I can see you are sitting next to him with your eyes closed.
Goodluck to you
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by UnimkeAk(m): 1:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
ThimmyWood:

You guys from the east can be funny, what happen to the westerners during Jonathan's tenure?
were they well represented?
nope
they cried out, you guys told them to shut the fork up, that it is their turn to feel the heat.
We all know that during Obj's tenure, things weren't like this..... you Igbos weren't sidelined.

You guys from the west aint funny ba !

One thing I know about the east is that they don't wait for govt..

Appointments to the elites doesn't even affect the masses !
So APC can shove it up their Ass

All I'm saying is that this govt shuld carry all her citizens along.

Cuz they way things are panning out; only time will tell !

Mind you I'm not from the South east!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by geophyscist: 1:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
olas24u:

The economy was mismanaged and money was alleged to be missing ,the electricity was never fixed ,the trains were outdated ,the military had budgets every year for 6 years,the healthcare system has made Nigerian prefer Babalawo and traditional doctors.He is responsible because he his the head and the ball stops at his desk.

Why did he not probe Obj ,he also did not fix the electricity and refineries ,Fayose uses thuggery and intimidation on opponents.
tinubu is a saint during his rule in lagos he never owed his workers salary, he never supported the people we call agbero in lagos(they don't work yet they dispose people of their hard earn money) and he was dead when fashola increase lasu school fees from #25,000 to #250,000.op you are a party loyalist
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by specco(m): 1:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
nawtikid:
D southeast who voted for jonathan as a result of sentiments and hatred 4 d northerners nw feel dey shud b considered for a huge government post.

I'm nt in anyway tribalistic, but I think dey brought dis discomfort upon demselves

I jst hope baba will du justice to dis matter

As 4 Tinubu, only God knws d intentions of dis crook

sai Buhari

What discomfort? Whatever that concerns the SE is always blown out of proportion. As has been observed, the NW did not vote for Jonathan in 2011 presidential election, Jonathan came second behind Buhari in all the NW states in 2011 just as Buhari came second behind Jonathan in all the SE states in 2015 presidential polls. Despite not giving Jonathan their votes in large numbers in 2011, the NW still got :
The Speaker of the house
The IG of police
The NSA
The Defence minister
Chief Justice of Nigeria

So likewise should apply to the SE now. Or is it different strokes for different folks?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ruskiee(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hopefully they will employ the right people to the right positions. undecided
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Defcon1(m): 1:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
missionmex:
Of what importance will the position do for the ordinary man in the east? Make power steady, make it easy to do business and see how well it will be for the ordinary man in the east. Dem no dey share them money with the ordinary man there.
My brother, l have been asking this same question, but some people who claim to be political gurus have been insulting me, saying it is because of people like me that the lgbos committed political suicide

We had Evans/Evan Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo and Anyim Pius Anyim as senate president.
How did that benefit the common igbo man on the street
I always believe in letting the best man do the job irrespective of his party, tribe or religion
As long as the president performs his federal functions in the states everybody will benefit, irrespective of the ethnicity of the senate president.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 05, 2015
ellechrystal:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
my love, long time. How are you?
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by UnimkeAk(m): 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
closearms:

We Aqaeda ; we begbomb to differ !

What has religion got to do with this thread.
Bigot !!
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ellechrystal(f): 1:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
barcanista:
my love, long time. How are you?
Lol. I dey kampe
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Baroba(m): 1:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
Seun360:

E go be you like snake in da monkey shadow. Igbos must face the consequences of their actions.

What consequences? Maybe you need to study politics 101 to grasp what Democratic process means, people are entitled to vote for who they like.

Don't fool yourself, the same politicians that have robbed and pillaged our resources under Obsanjo, GEJ will be recycled as ministers under APC.

I have seen enough of our politicians to know they don't give a damn, it's all about them and their families.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by kazmanbanjoko(m): 1:44pm On Apr 05, 2015
UnimkeAk:

Lagos state doesn't have federal support ?

What will states lyk cross river and jigawa now say
advertisement strategy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ThimmyWood(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
UnimkeAk:

You guys from the west aint funny ba !

One thing I know about the east is that they don't wait for govt..

Appointments to the elites doesn't even affect the masses !
So APC can shove it up their Ass

All I'm saying is that this govt shuld carry all her citizens along.

Cuz they way things are panning out; only time will tell !

Mind you I'm not from the South east!

Nothing do you bros.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
oluamid:

In your bid to reduce GMB to the level of bigotry you have, you are expecting him to issue an easter message. He's the president-elect. GEJ is still the president and is the right person to issue any message. Besides, I don't think I've seen it written anywhere in the Constitution where the president is obligated to reel out statements on religious events. Nigeria is a secular state afterall.
i bet ur whistling arsse buhari was da president in 2011 when he asked for election postponement for christians to celebrate easter,huh? Da constitution doesnt oblige da govt to reel out religous statements on events u squeak but u all apc riff raffs were screaming like beserk chimps and applauded da female reporter who chided gej for not paying visits to mosques during da last presidential chat..
Buhari is elected already and shud be behaving like one already,n even if da constitution states otherwise,whats da big deal in expressing seasons greetings on occasions like easter,more like an appreciation message? Are u saying buhari wud thread this ignoble path if it was id'el ma something? Goddammit

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Acekidc4(m): 1:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
naijafresh:

See your mouth, Ole! grin grin grin

Hehehegringringrin
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by olas24u(f): 1:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
geophyscist:
tinubu is a saint during his rule in lagos he never owed his workers salary, he never supported the people we call agbero in lagos(they don't work yet they dispose people of their hard earn money) and he was dead when fashola increase lasu school fees from #25,000 to #250,000.op you are a party loyalist

somebody that raised IGR from millions to billions and made Lagos a state independent of Federal funds.Do you live in this country .The school fees was done for a particular purpose, to increase the standard of education in Lagos and make the university competitive at the world stage.Many Nigerians pay U.s dollars schooling in Ghana ,Benin republic, Uganda, South Africa Tunisia, Morocco, This are all African countries and Nigerians buy flight tickets ,and pay rent and school fees and develop the local economy o this countries were the school.But it was reversed due to the hardship people are currently facing which is and external factor and the external factor is the Pdp lead government the creators of poverty,which lagos cannot control.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Tinyemeka(m): 2:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
Flets:
With Tinubu at the helm of affairs, the incoming government is already a failed one.

With Amaechi tipped as SGF, Its business as usual. 

With Saraki seeking senate president, Nigerians should forget about any law at the favour of the masses

Ngige who openely agreed to rigging his way into anambra state govt house under PDP is already tipped for a ministerial role..... what greater corruption? 

Okorocha who would be losing his seat next Saturday is also favoured to be part of the new cabinet after his monumental fraud in Imo state

Who is more PDP than Amaechi? .... 8 years as speaker of house and 6.5yrs as governor all under PDP.

Who is more PDP than Bukola? .... 8 years as governor under PDP, Almost four years as Senator under PDP.

Where is the change?

My brother, that slogan "Change" was just a mantra. Short and easy to remember by gullible bumkums.

At least GEJ can go back to rest and collect his presidential pension monthly. The man is a simple man with simple needs.

He should be the happier one.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by oluamid(m): 2:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
Rexxie:

i bet ur whistling arsse buhari was da president in 2011 when he asked for election postponement for christians to celebrate easter,huh? Da constitution doesnt oblige da govt to reel out religous statements on events u squeak but u all apc riff raffs were screaming like beserk chimps and applauded da female reporter who chided gej for not paying visits to mosques during da last presidential chat..
Buhari is elected already and shud be behaving like one already,n even if da constitution states otherwise,whats da big deal in expressing seasons greetings on occasions like easter,more like an appreciation message? Are u saying buhari wud thread this ignoble path if it was id'el ma something? Goddammit

Obviously you are a bigot and still smarting from GEJ's defeat. I'm one of the many Nigerians who voted GMB without party or religious affiliation. I'm not going to engage you in silly arguments of the right or wrong of making statements during religious events.

However, I will have you know (once again) that Nigeria is a secular state. Making statements during religious celebrations is a personal choice and not in anyway obligatory. Many Nigerians don't even have a religion.

Peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Some Projects Done By Peter Obi When He Was Governor Of Anambra State / Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter / Lady Meets Atiku Abubakar At Gucci Store (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.