Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin (48269 Views)

Names Of The 44 Aspirants Jostling To Clinch APC ONDO State Gubernatorial Ticket / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory / Patrick Obahiagbon Mocks All The Trekkers Trekking For Buhari's Victory(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by itanija: 2:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Mars88(m): 2:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
Adewunmi84:
lamentation!!!u don't eat ur cake and have it..nowadays,people don't do blind or sentimental politics because it has bad effects.GMB will be so lenient with u guys and I hope you guys have learnt your lesson.You know Jonathan is a good man but Buhari I never know but by the special grace of God,he wl care for u guys
pls what if he is not lenient with them! Will the heavens fall? We all just invade the internet cause we think we have something to say
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by missionmex(m): 2:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Defcon1:

My brother, l have been asking this same question, but some people who claim to be political gurus have been insulting me, saying it is because of people like me that the lgbos committed political suicide

We had Evans/Evan Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo and Anyim Pius Anyim as senate president.
How did that benefit the common igbo man on the street
I always believe in letting the best man do the job irrespective of his party, tribe or religion
As long as the president performs his federal functions in the states everybody will benefit, irrespective of the ethnicity of the senate president.
God bless u bro.of what importance is the position when the ordinary man dose not benefit from it.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by elhakiimed(m): 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
still watching.....
-too much work for buhari
-hide and seek skills of looters

-Jonathan and co. getting fed behind bars

#diarisGod
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
"Stranded south east geopolitical zone left in the lurch the morning after the result"

Now that's what I call funny!

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by HzRF(m): 2:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
nawtikid:
D southeast who voted for jonathan as a result of sentiments and hatred 4 d northerners nw feel dey shud b considered for a huge government post.

I'm nt in anyway tribalistic, but I think dey brought dis discomfort upon demselves

I jst hope baba will du justice to dis matter

As 4 Tinubu, only God knws d intentions of dis crook

sai Buhari
Lol
North has always vote GMB don't dey get position

See lyf
Tinubu don turn crook

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by HzRF(m): 2:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Why are people laughing and saying nonsense?. The worst he can do is
1. Cancel all FG projects in the East.

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against legitimate Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

4.Heavily Militarize the East of the Niger.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know.But i know born Survivalists (Igbos) will survive. Let's watch and and see.
God bless u
I don't knw what's special in these position
Will d beneficiary give money to all ss/se citizens
The best is drag some fg project to d zone
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by HzRF(m): 2:59pm On Apr 05, 2015
tunapawizzy:
I think gmb and tinubu will fall out eventually. I just hope m wrong
Itz d history of Nigeria
Obj/ibb(abdulsalam)
Yaradua/obj
Gej/obj
Gmb/tinubu/northern elements

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 3:09pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
A guardian reader Arinze Nwosu says and i quote-

"No regrets rejecting the APC at the polls by the South East.

North West did not vote Jonathan in 2011, yet they got Speaker House of Reps, Defence minister, National security Adviser, Inspector General of Police, External affairs minister, Education minister, Chief Justice of Federation etc."

The immediate future will prove if the "equity, fairness and justice" we chorus in our anthems are just mere musical verses. cheesy

Tell that to the birds

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by HzRF(m): 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
poiZon:
WHEN will they start paying the 5000 naira subvention money to all unemployed youths?
Naso o I don't forget sef
At least d 5k go take care of subscription each month
Me can't wait oo
See Hw niggas become igbo(chukwu nnamdi),hausa(Musa balaraba)
Real name ,Tunde adeosun
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Icekyng: 3:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

2. Exclude Igbos from all ministerial posts as he did during his days in uniform.

3. Selectively witch-hunt and jail Igbo politicians with EFCC and protect his Hausa-Fulani brothers.

4. Make toxic economic policies against legitimate Igbo businessmen as he did while he was a former head of state.

....and more

How this will make the North and the West better than the East is what i am waiting to see?

The future of Nigeria is pregnant. What it will bear we don't know.But i know born Survivalists (Igbos) will survive. Let's watch and and see.
Tribalistic
Full of hate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by HzRF(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
rusher14:

You are living in the past and deluded denial of the present.

Times have changed and no one except your ilk is interested in alienating any region.

Change is not partial, it is thorough. But it would need your support as well. Otherwise, you'll get torn down by your own constituency . Your very own support base would reject you.

Think of how you can contribute to a new Nigeria in which every region would be accepted even if they cannot appreciate a president from a different region.

Play your role of patriot not villain.

Change is here.
Where is d sense in this
North that has produce most leaders
What did they have to show
All these Igbo ish is rubbish
Until having rep in high position start translating to development of d zond

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by StepG: 3:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
A guardian reader Arinze Nwosu says and i quote-

"No regrets rejecting the APC at the polls by the South East.

North West did not vote Jonathan in 2011, yet they got Speaker House of Reps, Defence minister, National security Adviser, Inspector General of Police, External affairs minister, Education minister, Chief Justice of Federation etc."

The immediate future will prove if the "equity, fairness and justice" we chorus in our anthems are just mere musical verses. cheesy
if North with 19 states did not vote for him tell me where the votes that took him to presidency came from.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
oluamid:

Obviously you are a bigot and still smarting from GEJ's defeat. I'm one of the many Nigerians who voted GMB without party or religious affiliation. I'm not going to engage you in silly arguments of the right or wrong of making statements during religious events.

However, I will have you know (once again) that Nigeria is a secular state. Making statements during religious celebrations is a personal choice and not in anyway obligatory. Many Nigerians don't even have a religion.

Peace.

whenever you wanna argue with someone put on your thinking cap,dont come around with a peanut in ur skull..peace and beat it.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by rusher14: 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
HzRF:

Where is d sense in this
North that has produce most leaders
What did they have to show
All these Igbo ish is rubbish
Until having rep in high position start translating to development of d zond

Cynicism and trolling are modern day cousins.

The sense in realising that it's business unusual goes beyond clichés.

Sowing seeds of discord simply to prove you know something most don't will always come back to haunt you.

Play your role in this new Nigeria.

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by oluamid(m): 3:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
Rexxie:

whenever you wanna argue with someone put on your thinking cap,dont come around with a peanut in ur skull..peace and beat it.

He who is unintelligent resort to abuse.

End of.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by CR77(f): 4:00pm On Apr 05, 2015
Same 2 you
GodblessNig247:

Happy Easter to u
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
Mars88:

pls what if he is not lenient with them! Will the heavens fall? We all just invade the internet cause we think we have something to say
he must in order to stand as one entity

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by ngoziama: 4:39pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/buharis-victory-jostling-for-positions-begin/

See me see wahala. That we voted our choice has become a crime.The same north that didn't even vote gej in 2011 was most favoured in his regime.Today the ibos whose blood has been used to wash the lands in the north made a choice and the south west a region one can never trust is making a noise.well, no regrets for the choice made. We are hardworkers, intelligent and business minded so if you like remember us , if you like dont but we shall have a good laugh at the end.please enough of the insults thrown at ndi igbo enough. If you like leave us out of this government, we shall still survive. Mtchewweeew

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Evanscoth(f): 4:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
nawtikid:
D southeast who voted for jonathan as a result of sentiments and hatred 4 d northerners nw feel dey shud b considered for a huge government post.

I'm nt in anyway tribalistic, but I think dey brought dis discomfort upon demselves

I jst hope baba will du justice to dis matter

As 4 Tinubu, only God knws d intentions of dis crook

sai Buhari

Sai Baba or No Sai Baba....... GEJ or no GEJ ..... Leave Igbos with their choice. Igbos are one tribe destined to survive by all means. God has made it so. Forget Nigeria leadership charades.

Chukwu na aku eze
Ahu ba ghi eze ama
Igbo bu enyi

Some people will hold No 1- No 10 citizen yet use it to impoverish majority in their region while a few no benefit. If you listened to TVC in between election result annoucement, they emphasised on the voter's apathy in east esp Anambra state. Am not commending the east but looking at our country leadership style..........mmmmmh. In Nigerian politicians voice " Politics is for the poor", they vote!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by kawkab: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
Defcon1:

My brother, l have been asking this same question, but some people who claim to be political gurus have been insulting me, saying it is because of people like me that the lgbos committed political suicide

We had Evans/Evan Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo and Anyim Pius Anyim as senate president.
How did that benefit the common igbo man on the street
I always believe in letting the best man do the job irrespective of his party, tribe or religion
As long as the president performs his federal functions in the states everybody will benefit, irrespective of the ethnicity of the senate president.

Thank you for your post in OBJ 8 years as President, the SE occupied the senate Presidency, it did not translate to any tangible benefit to the SE.

David Mark was the Senate President for the past 8 years of what benefit was his tenure to the North Central. Though D. Mark was able to influence the siting of a University teaching hospital i Oturkpo.

Please note that in Jonathan's administration the SouthWest was supposed to occupy the office of the Speaker of House of Reps but the ACN members of the house connived with some elements from the North to deny Hon. Mulikat Akande the slot. So it is not GEJ makng that the SW did not occupy any principal posistion in the legistlature.

Moeeover I don't think the SE needs any of these position to do well SEastheners are survivalist so they would always look for a way out. What they need is good policies that is favourable for business.

Finally in all we say we shoud be mindful of our comments, we should refrain from casting aspersion on people from a particular part of the country. Everyone has a choice to choose whom to vote for.

Our activities are intertwined as there is nothing we can do about it.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by apolonius(m): 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
The scheming is expected,politicians are just being true to their nature.Of course,Buhari sure has a vision of his expected cabinet and won't easily make concessions.

On the South East push for the Senate President position,it is too late.Mr Bukola Saraki is likely to emerge;George Akume is the plan B.The Igbos were taking a political short-cut and playing parochial politics;they now are cut short!smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by dollyptosh(m): 5:16pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
The incoming administration should not use their victory to settle scores, rather they should use it to unite this nation.

Appointments should be made based on merit, integrity...etc, and not based on past grudges with a particular ethnic group.

Truth is Nigeria cannot move forward if we embrace a particular ethnic group and castigate another.

Buhari said it times without number that he's government is going into intensive restructuring of the nations power, academic, sport, agriculture...etc sector. And to achieve this, we have to be united and work together.

To those who said igbos betrayed the yorubas, you should know that this is democracy, every one has the right to vote whoever he wishes to vote. We joined forces with the south west in 2011 to install GEJ but he failed us. Unfortunately most south easterners preferred to give him a second chance rather than embrace change. It was their choice. The media should stop making it look as if we committed a great sin by voting GEJ.

To my fellow igbos. Well I've said this and I will say it again. Jonathan's administration was of no benefit to the south east. It only enriched a few of our leaders, but had no positive impact on the majority; its time we unite and embrace the new administration.
You're a wise man.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by richidinho(m): 5:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
Wait for April 22

Tank me lerra
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by Chimezie250(m): 5:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
So it's now a crime because we chose GEJ, election is all about choice, we made ours and must be respected, I m proud of my people even though we didn't win but they stand till the end, apc should focus more on how to fulfil all their electoral promises than igbo this igbo that, Nigerians expect them to bettered whatever GEJ did
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by richidinho(m): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
sandland:
Iam an Ibo man and we have always been foolish politically.

Igbo man that is not foolishness

Hausa will rule but remain poorest

Igbo will not rule.....but business empire will benefit all their zone

Yoruba will remain slave to the Ab0kis

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jaytee01(m): 5:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
Deltagiant:
BY 2023 or even before then if Buhari is incapacitated, Yemi Osibanjo will stand as the presidential flag bearer of APC following the right of succession. Will the Yoruba votes be enough to give him victory?

This will be interesting because he will definitely be facing an Hausa-Fulani opponent from Kano or Sokoto. (Ndigbo will certainly prepare such grounds). With an Igbo VP backed sentimentally by the majority in the south.

In that situation, will the Almajiris bypass a young Hausa Fulani from Kano or Sokoto to vote for a pastor?

The game is just begininng

I thought you guys voted GEJ so that he could handover to the SE.
Is that plan no longer feasible?

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by mbulela: 6:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:

....and more

We don't care where his appointees come from.
All we care is that it must not be business as usual.
Having said that, it makes political sense for regions that contributed to his victory to be rewarded accordingly as long as merit does not suffer. Next time, igbo politicians will stop being ruled by their pockets and simplistic calculations.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jpphilips(m): 6:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
What is the difference between this nonsense and how PDP started? we dont care who you choose, neither do we care how you do it, just get the job done.
Re: Buhari’s Victory: Jostling For Positions Begin by jpphilips(m): 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
CrazyMan:
The incoming administration should not use their victory to settle scores, rather they should use it to unite this nation.

Appointments should be made based on merit, integrity...etc, and not based on past grudges with a particular ethnic group.

Truth is Nigeria cannot move forward if we embrace a particular ethnic group and castigate another.

Buhari said it times without number that he's government is going into intensive restructuring of the nations power, academic, sport, agriculture...etc sector. And to achieve this, we have to be united and work together.

To those who said igbos betrayed the yorubas, you should know that this is democracy, every one has the right to vote whoever he wishes to vote. We joined forces with the south west in 2011 to install GEJ but he failed us. Unfortunately most south easterners preferred to give him a second chance rather than embrace change. It was their choice. The media should stop making it look as if we committed a great sin by voting GEJ.

To my fellow igbos. Well I've said this and I will say it again. Jonathan's administration was of no benefit to the south east. It only enriched a few of our leaders, but had no positive impact on the majority; its time we unite and embrace the new administration.

It is not just a great sin but a political suicide! !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Meets Atiku Abubakar At Gucci Store (Photos) / Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter / Kuje Prison Inmates Jubilates As Badeh Joins Them, Rejects Foods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.