Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? (18941 Views)

10 Apps That'll Make Your Smartphone Smarter / Your Smartphone Is Smarter Than You... Reasons / JUMIA vs Konga: KONGA Will Always Be Smarter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Vicorolex1(m): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
Guys abeg, playing video games of any type: mobile, PC, or console, does it any way make you smart or it just depletes your level of smartness, that is, does it make one dull?
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Smarter: you get to make decisions on the fly. Some RTS games require critical thinking.

8 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by yorex2011: 4:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
Makes you smarter

2 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by David4473: 4:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
I think it also increases our reflex ability

10 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
are you kidding me?... it makes you smarter in every way

improves your memory
makes you come up with strategies on the fly
makes you think faster
improves reflexes
you get to learn new words, player names(football), mystic/ancient deities & so much more

the list long abeg plus it fun & helps pass time during boring days, not to add that it relieves stress after the day's work

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Ishilove: 6:24pm On Apr 05, 2015
It makes you dull and anti-social

9 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Bonapart(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2015
The question is a dumb question though but that won't stop me from helping you....
It makes you smart, you will have the ability to think fast and strategies accurately....
It increases your thinking ability in all aspect of life....
Am a game addict from birth: from terminator-ps1-xbox-ps2-Andriod games-ps3-ps4.... i play game even in my dream

7 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by kamez(m): 6:26pm On Apr 05, 2015
Smarter but if u become addicted, it makes u a punk

14 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
SMARTER.... I have learnt alot from video games, gta, onimusha cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Depends on d game being played.... Some will make you smarter while some will make you dull. wink

5 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by hucienda: 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ishilove:
It makes you dull and anti-social

you already experimented on this hypothesis?
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
Na excess they make person dull
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by ClintonNzedimma(m): 6:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
It makes us smarter.
If you look at games like Call of Duty, Metal Gear, Soccer, the gamer makes split second decisions, the gamer develops tactics and reflexes.
For those love war/ops/espionage games, we learn military terms like Extraction, Alpha 2 delta, hostile at twelve o clock (using the concept of clock for cardinal pointing), hot zone (too much gun fire at an area), intel, Ammo (bullet stockpile), guns like SMG, RPG, Shotgun, WP grenade, C4, aerial assault, ground units, hit the dirt and many more i cant mention
-
-
-
I remember playing GTA vice city, i didnt even use the map the game gave me cos i knew my way round the whole city by air and road.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by horlakunle25(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
Video games make d brain smarter!! Dats why na only "mumu" or dull brain person no dey sabi play game!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by lilwayneme(m): 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
It's fun and it gets you smarter...

my one kobo
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Ishilove: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
hucienda:

you already experimented on this hypothesis?
Lmao! cheesy

Heck no, but I know a few chaps who are living proofs grin
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Richie0974: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by mauricerex: 6:30pm On Apr 05, 2015
If you dull you dull be that nothing can be done game or no game

3 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by LordCenturion(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
It make u look smarter and handsome

2 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by tziz(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
It makes u smarter of course.
Even if it doesn't in some rare cases, at least it wouldnt make u "dull"..

Go watch Ice Cube and Kevin Hart's "Ride Along".

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by RomanceLander(f): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Not all

I love playing chess, Scrabbles and other board games on my laptop.
And I think it's cool

1 Like

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by HyDef(m): 6:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
Smarter. Video games improve your hand-eye coordination, improve your reflexes, test your memory, test your judgement, and improve your knowledge in some cases.

Video games are like a skill that you improve at. Just look at people that play PES, Mortal Kombat and others.

Look at me with my skill in Super Smash Bros. and almost any racing game!

Don't forget that they are 100% fun!

I play video games!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by nekaa(f): 6:32pm On Apr 05, 2015
It usually makes one smarter... Buh if you are playing it in church like the pako fish that sat beside me in church today, its making you stewpid!

1 Like

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
Depends

Play COD(call of duty) cheesy u go smart

Play Rise of nations... Awesome, u must smart

Play sims4... U go dull grin

Mk GTA V shw for PC ooo

4 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by hucienda: 6:33pm On Apr 05, 2015
Ishilove:

Lmao! cheesy

Heck no, but I know a few chaps who are living proofs grin

Ok. Fair enough.
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by RomanceLander(f): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2015
#TEAMPHONEGAME
Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
It's a time waster.

Movies actually make you smarter.

Certain games like Chess also make you think more strategically.

1 Like

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by dipopooo(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2015
Duller yes duller. Games ar games, games ar nt real, games ar nt applicable in real life... Games ar meant 4 kids

1 Like

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Rilwayne001: 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2015
Both

2 Likes

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by TR0UBLeMaKeR(f): 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
WatchDogs cheesy a cool game that can't be played by fools

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Playing Games Make You Smarter Or Duller? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 05, 2015
GAMES MAKE ME SMARTER

AND I DONT GET BORED

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leaked Images Of The New Blackberry 10 L Series Phone Surfaces / My Phone Battery Now Drains Too Quickly / Facebook Fined $5 Billion For Breaching Users' Privacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.