Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,147 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters (3547 Views)

The Most Commonly Confused Words In The English Language, According To Microsoft / Abubakar Ibrahim Is The "Longest" In Kwara State Polytechnic (PICTURES) / 'longest' Word Has 189,819 Letters, Takes Three Hours To Pronounce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by laryom1(m): 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
The chemical name of a protein called TITIN is the longest word in English. It takes a very fast man 3hrs 30mins pronounce.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061113221628AAxlNn5

That's the link. The word is too long to copy
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by cozy7(m): 7:05pm On Apr 05, 2015
Is that really a word or Buhari's acceptance speech?
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by laryom1(m): 7:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
cozy7:
Is that really a word or Buhari's acceptance speech?
lol. Just one word
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Elslim: 8:49pm On Apr 05, 2015
That word NEEDS CHANGE

3 Likes

Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by walemoney007(m): 9:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
D wind of change go soon blow d orld
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by PilotOz(m): 9:50pm On Apr 05, 2015
pls i want to cram the word.. how long will it take me
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by WIZGUY69(m): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2015
undecided
All I see after clicking that link, is heap of rubbish.
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by medoyin(m): 10:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yepa...
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 05, 2015
rrrrrrrrrrr uuuuuuuuu bbbbbbbbb BBBBBBBBB iiiiiiiiiii sssssssssss hhhhhh undecided
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by lifestyle1(m): 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
Don't even attempt to pronounce it if you no wan run mad. Pronounce at your own risk grin
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Imprida(f): 12:04am On Apr 06, 2015
whats the need for the name if its very difficult to pronoun?
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by ggrin(f): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2015
Op why? crycrycry
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by SoniaFred(f): 12:05am On Apr 06, 2015
Just hope they don't add this to our course outline for those of us that re in chemistry dept cheesy
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Nobody: 12:32am On Apr 06, 2015
PilotOz:
pls i want to cram the word.. how long will it take me
A month wink
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by PilotOz(m): 12:44am On Apr 06, 2015
Adufetohposh:
A month wink
sIsta in a month?? I just clicked on the link to see the word and after scrolling severally to see the entire word, i think i'll finish craming the entire word in NEVERUARY.

1 Like

Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Paolslhhd: 6:10am On Apr 06, 2015
Na wa for Nigeria
Meanwhile Buhari and Tinubu Clash in Abuja resulting to insults Read The News Here
[url=polucbbxbxb..com]Read The Gist Here:
[/url]

[url=polucbbxbxb..com]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/buhari-and-tinubu-clash-abuja-resulting-to-insults-pipeline-in-delta/[/url]
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by engrhorla(m): 7:45am On Apr 06, 2015
WTF!!!

Tot it's some joke!

Anyways, I want a video of someone pronouncing this else...

#idonbilitit
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by hatux: 7:52am On Apr 06, 2015
*faints*
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by MayflowerB(f): 10:42am On Apr 06, 2015
zleemshaddy:
rrrrrrrrrrr uuuuuuuuu bbbbbbbbb BBBBBBBBB iiiiiiiiiii sssssssssss hhhhhh undecided
Lol
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by vicadex07(m): 11:18am On Apr 06, 2015
Is the world going crazy
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Emodeee: 11:47am On Apr 06, 2015
SoniaFred:

u luk ugly. Av u ever been told dat?
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by cee001(m): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2015
shocked
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by dridowu: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2015
dy want to bobo us
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Nobody: 12:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
MayflowerB:

Lol
grin

who so ever that formed that word just kept repeating the same letters undecided
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 06, 2015
In short, the reason why it has such a long chemical name is because it is a very big and very complex molecule. Every bit of it has to be named and all the bits attached to the main structure have to be named as well in the full systamatic chemical name.

You can appreciate it if you imagine all the bits of a car labelled the same way.
eg left headlamp bulb- left headlight-front bonnet- right headlamp bulb- right headlight - front bonnet - wheel nut 4 - left front wheel- left axle etc
I think that's enough to get the idea .. by the time you name every bit, down to the smallest screw and its exact position, you'd have an extremely long name.
-anonymous
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by PilotOz(m): 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
malailayi:
In short, the reason why it has such a long chemical name is because it is a very big and very complex molecule. Every bit of it has to be named and all the bits attached to the main structure have to be named as well in the full systamatic chemical name.

You can appreciate it if you imagine all the bits of a car labelled the same way.
eg left headlamp bulb- left headlight-front bonnet- right headlamp bulb- right headlight - front bonnet - wheel nut 4 - left front wheel- left axle etc
I think that's enough to get the idea .. by the time you name every bit, down to the smallest screw and its exact position, you'd have an extremely long name.
-anonymous
choi, then we gotta give it to the chemistry students. Dem dey try
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 06, 2015
SoniaFred:
Just hope they don't add this to our course outline for those of us that re in chemistry dept cheesy
which school is dat
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Admissnandjobs(m): 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Passing JAMB does not in anyway
guarantee Admission. Just imagine
How beautiful it would be if
Passing JAMB means automatic
admission into your university of
choice just as it was in those days.
While depending on JAMB for
admission may be successful at
times but most times, It is usually a
frustrating and a life wasting process
that anybody seriously searching for
Admission would prefer an
alternative to. There is an
alternative, a credible one at that.
IJMB is a Direct Entry programme
very
much similar to a pre-degree
programme that is used to gain
Direct Entry Admission in to most
universities in Nigeria, i.e. 200L
Admission. While IJMB can be slightly
difficult, at Winners Academy, we
ENSURE you succeed by all means
and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that you
gain admission with your result
because the aim of any examination
at this level is to get Admission not
just to pass the exam.
Succeeding at the exam without
securing admission at the end is
tantamount to a wasted effort, that is
why OUR EMPHASIS is your
ADMISSION, not exam success.
Registering for IJMB with WINNERS
ACADEMY is registering for your
Admission because that is what we
specialize at.
While it is always necessary to have
your doubt because we live in a
fraudulent Nigeria, It would be
complete foolishness to disregard
this opportunity without VERIFYING it
especially if you really need your
Admission.
To get started and for more Info, Call
or whatsapp 08162682361
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Admissnandjobs(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
hi
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by Admissnandjobs(m): 6:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Passing JAMB does not in anyway
guarantee Admission. Just imagine
How beautiful it would be if
Passing JAMB means automatic
admission into your university of
choice just as it was in those days.
While depending on JAMB for
admission may be successful at
times but most times, It is usually a
frustrating and a life wasting process
that anybody seriously searching for
Admission would prefer an
alternative to. There is an
alternative, a credible one at that.
IJMB is a Direct Entry programme
very
much similar to a pre-degree
programme that is used to gain
Direct Entry Admission in to most
universities in Nigeria, i.e. 200L
Admission. While IJMB can be slightly
difficult, at Winners Academy, we
ENSURE you succeed by all means
and MOST IMPORTANTLY, that you
gain admission with your result
because the aim of any examination
at this level is to get Admission not
just to pass the exam.
Succeeding at the exam without
securing admission at the end is
tantamount to a wasted effort, that is
why OUR EMPHASIS is your
ADMISSION, not exam success.
Registering for IJMB with WINNERS
ACADEMY is registering for your
Admission because that is what we
specialize at.
While it is always necessary to have
your doubt because we live in a
fraudulent Nigeria, It would be
complete foolishness to disregard
this opportunity without VERIFYING it
especially if you really need your
Admission.
To get started and for more Info, Call
or whatsapp 08162682361
Re: Longest Wordin English Language With 189,819 Letters by SoniaFred(f): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Emodeee:

u luk ugly. Av u ever been told dat?
using charlesnneji trick I presume?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Lose Your Pen... / 10 Funny But Extremely Creative Innovations / The University Of Benin Is The Best University In Nigeria. It Has A Serene Environment That Is Suita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.