Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 AM

Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think (29806 Views)

How Much Will 10m Go In Building A Storey Building Of 6 Flat / Distress Or Auctions Sales! Block Of 6 Flat 20 Millions / Cost Of Building 2 Flat Of 3 Bedroom Each In IBADAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2015
Recent.

Gd Morning, am trying to start this building (pics below), just been given an estimate of 1m for foundation.
It's a 2bedrooms of 6 flats.

Is 1m a reasonable estimate? Pls note this does not include filling just blocks to dpc.

I understand it's impossible to know exact without the measurements . Just need a figure for a standard six flat foundation.

Below is the plan of my proposed 6 flat with 2 beds each.

As they say two heads are better than one,
so please have a gud look contribute ur thoughts and suggestions.

am thinking the foundation will be in June so we have time to make changes.

And also, the decking thing is scaring me , shud I just make it 3 flat bungalow?
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 10:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
smiley

1 Like

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by weemee: 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
Where is the second stair case for fire safety?
and the entrance to the flat upstairs is only through the kitchen?
The doors and window placements could be better for functional furniture arrangement.
My suggestion for you is to engage a professional and save yourself of this headache.
This is an Architects work, you will definitely get value in return for engaging good one.
Cheers.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 1:35am On Apr 06, 2015
What is the size of your plot? And please when was this plan drawn?
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by mufutau55(m): 3:06am On Apr 06, 2015
darenyx:
Darenyx, post one better affordable design for the Mama Bebe2 here, so she go change her mind from the above... as I don see your better work.
Simply she wants 6 Units of 2 Bedrooms Flat.. or better 6 Units of 3 Bedrooms Flat... all nah the cost to build go decide.

Hajji M.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by Nobody: 3:41am On Apr 06, 2015
mufutau55:

Darenyx, post one better affordable design for the Mama Bebe2 here, so she go change her mind from the above... as I don see your better work.
Simply she wants 6 Units of 2 Bedrooms Flat.. or better 6 Units of 3 Bedrooms Flat... all nah the cost to build go decide.

Hajji M.

I thought she was also considering 3 unit of flats?
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 6:54am On Apr 06, 2015
CityNG:

Okay sir.... Will post a recent work I did for someone here on nairaland... It's a four unit of two bedroom flats....
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 8:31am On Apr 06, 2015
4 units 2 bedroom bungalow

2 Likes

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 8:34am On Apr 06, 2015
8 units of 2 bedroom blocks of flats

2 Likes

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 10:08am On Apr 06, 2015
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

Morning bros,

U think d plan is am expensive one?
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 10:12am On Apr 06, 2015
darenyx:

The total plot is 100ft by 108ft .

But we are building the 6 flat on one side of the plot leaving the other half for another project.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2015
CityNG:

I am, the cost of decking it's swaying my decision.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 10:24am On Apr 06, 2015
bebe2:

But we are building the 6 flat on one side of the plot leaving the other half for another project.

The land is big and would accommodate what u intend building.... But what I would advice is that u get a more modern design and an economical one also, it's pays... And of you are afraid of reinforced concrete slab I.e decking... Go for a bungalow and make it four units of 2 bedrooms flats.. Or units of three bedroom.... Or mixed living, but it should be eyecatching at least
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 06, 2015
bebe2:

I am, the cost of decking it's swaying my decision.

Because this is a money making venture you should sit down with a property management company for some advice on the rental temperature for your location.

2 Likes

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by Royal30: 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Where is it located?

bebe2:

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 12:12pm On Apr 06, 2015
Royal30:
Where is it located?

quote author=bebe2 post=32401131]

It's in OPIC estate, AGbara, badagry express way.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
darenyx:

The land is big and would accommodate what u intend building.... But what I would advice is that u get a more modern design and an economical one also, it's pays... And of you are afraid of reinforced concrete slab I.e decking... Go for a bungalow and make it four units of 2 bedrooms flats.. Or units of three bedroom.... Or mixed living, but it should be eyecatching at least

I think It might be too small for 4 units.

Will probably stick with the 3 unit bungalow.
Not even sure of the rental yet.

It's a new area.
The second pic is d land.

1 Share

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 12:26pm On Apr 06, 2015
CityNG:

Because this is a money making venture you should sit down with a property management company for some advice on the rental temperature for your location.

Yeah. Dat will be my next step.

But wit me not being on ground dat might be an issue.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 1:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
bebe2:

I think It might be too small for 4 units.

Will probably stick with the 3 unit bungalow.
Not even sure of the rental yet.

It's a new area.
The second pic is d land.

Not too clear tho... But seems okay.... 3 units of 2 bedroom bungalow would be okay and economical to an extent.... Just carry out proper survey of the area before making your final decision tho....
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 1:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
darenyx:

Not too clear tho... But seems okay.... 3 units of 2 bedroom bungalow would be okay and economical to an extent.... Just carry out proper survey of the area before making your final decision tho....

Will sure do dat . Tnk u
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by mufutau55(m): 2:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
bebe2:

Morning bros,
U think d plan is am expensive one?

Not really.. I am just saying if he can show a good design with smaller cost... Decking slab no be small money o.
But to maximize the use of your land, decking is a MUST, but just make sure you consider the cost aspect.
But with God all things are possible...

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by gabbytabby: 2:49am On Apr 07, 2015
bebe2:

Will sure do dat . Tnk u
with 3 toilets in a 2 bed rental you needto consider the rental income cos the finishing cost will be on the high side.

Cos of heat, I like to position the bedrooms where you can fit 2 windows if at all possible. The position of the doors needs to be finalised.

The plan works but it is likely to be on the expensive side if you are not able to get a rental income of at least 350k
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by gabbytabby: 3:25am On Apr 07, 2015
bebe2:

Will sure do dat . Tnk u
with 3 toilets in a 2 bed rental you needto consider the rental income cos the finishing cost will be on the high side.

The position of the doors needs to be finalised.

The plan works but it is likely to be on the expensive side if you are not able to get a rental income of at least 350k
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by USAutoBuy(m): 4:39am On Apr 07, 2015
For a standard plot of 120 x 60ft, why don't you consider making an L shape design but it will be detached

2 flats on each side. Hope the architect in the house can come up with a better plan

Looking forward to a sketch from the house
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 9:00am On Apr 07, 2015
gabbytabby:

The position of the doors needs to be finalised.

3 toilets? I Only want one.

Will have revisit dat plan. I need it as cheap as affordable
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 9:10pm On Jan 13, 2016
darenyx:
8 units of 2 bedroom blocks of flats

hello bro

pls am ready to start this project ,

pls can u send the interior.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by darenyx(m): 12:13am On Jan 14, 2016
bebe2:

hello bro

pls am ready to start this project ,

pls can u send the interior.

Send me a mail @ darenyxaid@gmail.com
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by amanikondo: 1:34am On Jan 14, 2016
Mama bebe2 still dey build. Exchange rate don dey build macho like garri wey enter water.
I am sure you will milk this land dry oo grin. I can see rental shops at the front. Maximize the land so that you get good ROI.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by bebe2(f): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2016
amanikondo:
Mama bebe2 still dey build. Exchange rate don dey build macho like garri wey enter water.
I am sure you will milk this land dry oo grin. I can see rental shops at the front. Maximize the land so that you get good ROI.

grin yez ooo,

person need use this opportunity do better thing o,

Only say I don't like that my area, really wanted something on the island but no better source to acquire the thing at the moment.
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by nycobama: 5:58am On Feb 17, 2019
I’m sorry to interrupt the Post, but I’m kind of being in same situation. I was planing a project to start soon in Ibadan which is 3 flats with 1 duplex. But I was advised not to do so. I was advised to build 4 flats L shape bongalow to avoid decking expenses. Kindly advise.
USAutoBuy:
For a standard plot of 120 x 60ft, why don't you consider making an L shape design but it will be detached

2 flats on each side. Hope the architect in the house can come up with a better plan

Looking forward to a sketch from the house
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by Juell(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2019
nycobama:
I’m sorry to interrupt the Post, but I’m kind of being in same situation. I was planing a project to start soon in Ibadan which is 3 flats with 1 duplex. But I was advised not to do so. I was advised to build 4 flats L shape bongalow to avoid decking expenses. Kindly advise.
What's the size of ur plot?
Re: Plan Of My 6 Flat, 2 Bedroom Each. What Do U Think by nycobama: 2:46pm On Feb 18, 2019
60 x120

Juell:

What's the size of ur plot?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikoyi Building Collapse: Number Of Survivors Now 15, 42 Dead ― Sanwo-olu / Universal Hotel, Brothel Shuts In Uyo After 30 Years / My Landlord Wants To Throw Me Out! Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.