Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1003) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3012641 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
persius555:

Have you been shortchanged? grin grin grin
grin grin grin
Apparently.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 7:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
Toju200:
. U think so Broda.....If Boko Haram or ISWAP heads now to Benin republic...hmm grin it is finished ooo...it won't be easy for Dem at all...Now I get ur points though but if it happens it will be another #Mali Intervention

If BokoHarem engaged in a serious invasion of The Benin Republic today most likely threw Niger with no Nigerian intervention. Come next week Abubakar Shekau would be on live international television beheading Patrice Talon.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
So the Nigeria police wants to send some of its personnel back to Gajiram? Kai too bad human sacrifice loading........ embarassed

I wept the day i saw a policeman in Gajiram with a tear gas gun angry. The Commissioner of police should sleep in Gajiram for two weeks.

The Nigerian Army should improve it's game in the Northern Borno axis. We should not always wait for Bokoharam to bring the war to us, we should be able to take it to them from Doron Baga to Cross Kauwa to Marte and Gudzamala. cool

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
#COIN
#GAJIRAM

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Covert1: 1:06am On Sep 22, 2019
Another learned mind. We can't be all wrong. If the head is bad the body will be bad. Good read.

https://punchng.com/buharis-govt-deficient-in-terms-of-critical-thinking-prof-dankofa-abu/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 1:47am On Sep 22, 2019
seankafor:
ordinary border we block sef..dem don dey feel the heat grin

Naija is politically corrupt no doubt..but believe you me when it comes to defending this country..no african country can dare try her in any warfare be it economic or battle.. I can beat my chest to that.

Egypt & Algeria will roast Nigeria militarily while SA will bury Nigeria economically.
There are several dynamics Jingoism hardly put into consideration.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:41am On Sep 22, 2019
Xbee007:

grin grin grin
Apparently.

sad

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:23am On Sep 22, 2019
nemesis8u:

sad
grin grin
Seems I am not alone.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
I'm not quite sure, but it seems to me that BHT/ISWAP elements are taking a battering this few weeks, but information from the north-east seems to be water-tight right now....but from what we are getting, their amirs looks to be on the run....I heard this morning a HVT was arrested today in maiduguri...and from press releases, more HVTs dead....can anyone confirm this?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:57pm On Sep 22, 2019
PRESS RELEASE

THEATRE COMMAND OPERATION LAFIYA DOLE COMMENCES “OPERATION POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION”

The Theatre Command Operation LAFIYA DOLE has commenced an operation nicknamed “OPERATION POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION”.

The operation is aimed at searching for and arresting all suspected erstwhile Boko Haram/ISWAP criminal elements that roam some parts of the North Eastern part of the country. This has become necessary following credible information that some of the fleeing criminals are hibernating in some towns and villages of Borno and Yobe States in particular and North East in general.

Consequently, members of the public are enjoined to always carry valid means of identification when moving or passing through the states of Adamawa, Borno and Yobe. Our troops have been instructed to strictly check valid means of identification such as National Identification Card, Voters Registration Card, Drivers' License and International Passports, or other valid official identification, before allowing such person passage.

We therefore once again enjoin all to fully cooperate with troops and security agencies in carrying out this exercise.

The Theatre Command also wish to state that anyone not positively identified will attract further scrutiny and comprehensive investigation to determine his or her activities with the insurgents or otherwise.

The general public is please requested to bear with this measure as it is in their best interest and our national security, as well as efforts to end the madness called insurgency as perpetrated by the erstwhile Boko Haram/ISWAP fighters.

ADO ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director Army Public Relations OPLD
22 September 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:04pm On Sep 22, 2019
Say hello

Egyptian Air Force #Rafale ��

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
lebuhsi:
I'm not quite sure, but it seems to me that BHT/ISWAP elements are taking a battering this few weeks, but information from the north-east seems to be water-tight right now....but from what we are getting, their amirs looks to be on the run....I heard this morning a HVT was arrested today in maiduguri...and from press releases, more HVTs dead....can anyone confirm this?

Battering how?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:18pm On Sep 22, 2019
3 days ago #Algeria-ANP discovers another weapons cache in Tamanrasset (#Niger-#Mali borders) including:
- fully assembled KPV (!)
- 2 AKs, 3 SKS
- 10 82mm mortar shells.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Battering how?
well they lost high ranking amirs just few days ago, a lot of people would consider that a Huge blow, wouldn't they?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 1:22pm On Sep 22, 2019
A day ago; #Algeria- another day, another interesting cache catch by ANP in Tamanrasset (#Mali-#Niger border):
- RPG-2 & 2 PG-2s
- 5 tubes described as "BM-13" (looks like improvised large caliber launchers)
- 47 converted 82mm shells
- 3 AKs, 1 SKS.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2019
lebuhsi:

well they lost high ranking amirs just few days ago, a lot of people would consider that a Huge blow, wouldn't they?

Who said they lost them. My brother don't swallow news from the Military 100% wink

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 1:28pm On Sep 22, 2019
kiss
SamuelAnyawu:

Who said they lost them. My brother don't swallow news from the Military 100% wink
alright, got it!.....fresh from the man on the Frontlines!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nicheey(m): 3:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
jpphilips:

Egypt & Algeria will roast Nigeria militarily while SA will bury Nigeria economically.
There are several dynamics Jingoism hardly put into consideration.

How will SA bury Nigeria ecomomically? Bruh dont make me call you a douse.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 4:16pm On Sep 22, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

My broda, You are right!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
#COIN
#NORTHCENTRAL.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 4:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Bidex111 wats up what of pics of some indigenous military hardware....new ones it's been a while....U should still try and reach Henry240 perhaps he might have some
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
bidex111:
#COIN
#NORTHCENTRAL.

Idleness coupled with mismatched gear

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:31pm On Sep 22, 2019
Egyptian Naval SF units

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:37pm On Sep 22, 2019
Fynline:

Idleness coupled with mismatched gear

Your opinion about been idle, is a shallow thinking.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
bidex111:
#COIN
#NORTHCENTRAL.

How is it that these SF guys aren't issued a secondary weapon such as a pistol? Should our elite forces be better funded and equipped?

I once saw a picture of the SF guys from Nigerian Airforce, Panthers, and they had what looked like a Beretta M9. Can anyone here confirm if this is standard practice?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:11pm On Sep 22, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

How is it that these SF guys aren't issued a secondary weapon such as a pistol? Should our elite forces be better funded and equipped?

I once saw a picture of the SF guys from Nigerian Airforce, Panthers, and they had what looked like a Beretta M9. Can anyone here confirm if this is standard practice?
Pistol are useless outside 45/50m, rather have one more mag for your rifle.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by shadowprimezero: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
Nigerian Navy's new logistics vessel DB ABUJA sighted in the Netherlands yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqrlhBFNJ2M

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Fynline(m): 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2019
bidex111:

Your opinion about been idle, is a shallow thinking.

Hmmm congrats I no get your time
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:35pm On Sep 22, 2019
Xbee007:

grin grin
Seems I am not alone.

No laughing matter sir

It always the poor fellas who gets cheated on his share undecided

I would have been a multi millionaire

Now I am barely a multi hundredaire grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EVarn(m): 10:51pm On Sep 22, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

In that line of work, if things gets so bad that you have to use a pistol, then you are as good as dead.

But I get your point, at least a side arm will add another layer of protection in case shit hits the fan.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 22, 2019
Coming to issues which is more relevant

Is it only me that who seems surprised that when it comes to the calibre of weapons being used operationally and most commonly , there seems not be much difference between the inventory of NA and BH ?

( Let's not involve tanks because it's unsuited interms of the nature of conflict and the enormous cost it's imposes interms of logistics and maintenance )

To have a asendency in comparative firepower one needs to have a inventory of superior calibre suitable for the day to day operational requirements in the field and importantly impose deterrence of fear in the case of hostiles and confidence in the case of users.

Miniguns ( interms of volume of firepower ) , 20 to 30mm calibres ( interms of range and effectiveness ) can turn the tables considerably.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 12:59am On Sep 23, 2019
Nicheey:

How will SA bury Nigeria ecomomically? Bruh dont make me call you a douse.

Weak brains call names on faceless fora, you will understand the economic advantage South Africa has over Nigeria when you grow up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) (1006) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.