Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:48 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1020) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3005527 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 10, 2019
olapluto:
BHts took out about 8 of our men. I am more worried about the isolation of the troops. No matter how good you are, if you find yourself isolated like these guys, then the enemy can pick them out one after the other. We are dancing backwards in this war.

https://www.facebook.com/tonmaharry/videos/2607358525969876/UzpfSTEyODI2Mjg0MTI6MTAyMjAyNjAzODIyODEzNzU/

Only one major take-away from this video...

Most of these soldiers have resigned themselves to the hopelessness of the situation they are faced with, thanks to our military leaders. From recent happenings, it appears that their goal is to let Nigerians know the truth - SOLDIERS ARE DYING IN LARGE NUMBERS!!!

The government has successfully shut the press from reporting anything happening in the North-east, but with more disgruntled soldiers will come more leaked videos of THE TRUTH.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 5:50pm On Oct 10, 2019
CNS ADVOCATES IMPROVED SYNERGY BETWEEN THE NIGERIAN NAVY AND CAMEROONIAN NAVY

The Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS), Vice Admiral Ibok-Ete Ibas has called for improved synergy between the Nigerian Navy and the Cameroonian Navy particularly at the operational level. The CNS made the call during a bilateral discussion with the Cameroonian CNS, Rear Admiral Jean Mendoua on the sidelines of the recent Global Maritime Security Conference in Abuja, Nigeria.

The CNS stressed the need for enhanced interaction between Naval Bases in Douala and Limbe in Cameroon and NNS VICTORY and JUBILEE in Calabar and Ikot Abasi in Nigeria, adding that such level of interaction would check incidences of sea robbery, smuggling and kidnapping in the maritime domain between both countries.

While requesting for access to weekly security reports from the Interregional Coordination Centre in Yaounde, Vice Admiral Ibas emphasised that such collaboration would ensure that ships transiting both countries are sea worthy and comply with international regulations and standards.

The CNS acknowledged several bilateral and multilateral cordial relationships between the Governments of the Republic of Cameroon and the Federal Republic of Nigeria in curbing insecurity and seized the opportunity to extend invitation to his Cameroonian counterpart to attend the 2020 Nigerian Navy International Maritime Conference and Regional Maritime Exercise.

In his remarks, Rear Admiral Jean Mendoua appreciated the improved cordial relationship between the Nigerian Navy and Cameroonian Navy especially along the common borders of the 2 countries and in the effort against terrorism. He expressed optimism for enhanced collaboration between the 2 navies in years to come as the Cameroonian Navy evolves.

Please you are kindly requested to disseminate the information to the general public. Thank you for your usual cooperation.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 5:59pm On Oct 10, 2019
Xbee007:

The day you make a sensible post, I will be shocked.

People fighting for over 6 hours without air support and this is the thrash you can type. I am not surprised this is coming from you though.

This is the type of atrocious lying that needs to get you a well deserved spot at the end of a firing squad. There are literally dozens of videos and photos showing the Nigerian Airforce in action, Yes that includes the past 6 months. Buzz off.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 6:02pm On Oct 10, 2019
bLacKGoLd3:

Only one major take-away from this video...

Most of these soldiers have resigned themselves to the hopelessness of the situation they are faced with, thanks to our military leaders. From recent happenings, it appears that their goal is to let Nigerians know the truth - SOLDIERS ARE DYING IN LARGE NUMBERS!!!

The government has successfully shut the press from reporting anything happening in the North-east, but with more disgruntled soldiers will come more leaked videos of THE TRUTH.

What's large numbers to you? smiley
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 6:03pm On Oct 10, 2019
olapluto:
BHts took out about 8 of our men. I am more worried about the isolation of the troops. No matter how good you are, if you find yourself isolated like these guys, then the enemy can pick them out one after the other. We are dancing backwards in this war.

https://www.facebook.com/tonmaharry/videos/2607358525969876/UzpfSTEyODI2Mjg0MTI6MTAyMjAyNjAzODIyODEzNzU/

I love the determination of the soldiers on ground..if only the determination can be complimented with more apcs, mraps and ifvs for patrol and also increased pay and allowances for our soldiers, they will perform more better.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
AskiaHarem:

This is the type of atrocious lying that needs to get you a well deserved spot at the end of a firing squad. There are literally dozens of videos and photos showing the Nigerian Airforce in action, Yes that includes the past 6 months. Buzz off.

Nigeria Airforce responding to distress calls in the Northeast? I Laff.

The only time i knew of NAF showing early up was in the December Monguno attack.

Even ISWAP were astonished by the quick response of NAF... They lost over 30 ISWAP Dudes that day

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:25pm On Oct 10, 2019
AskiaHarem:

What's large numbers to you? smiley

grin definitely this moniker belongs to someone benefiting from this Insurgency war.

Goodluck to you

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:35pm On Oct 10, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

grin definitely this moniker belongs to someone benefiting from this Insurgency war.

Goodluck to you
He is just a sick troll.

If I were a mod, I would delete his account and anyone he creates after that.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 6:41pm On Oct 10, 2019

Soldiers in rain boots, didn’t know Nigerian soldiers are kitted out in rain boots too (Wellington Types) like those shown by the BBC in one of their documentaries on the conflict in Central Africa When Uganda and Rwanda militaries were being accused of incursions into the CAR. The Documentary or news item were disparaging about some of the armies wearing rain boots and made it seem these militaries could not afford proper, all weather, military boots. The wearing of rain boots and some in rubber slippers became as if symbolic of the amateurish nature of the combatants, personifying their brutality, stupidity and ultimately why such acts as raping of women to death was commonplace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:45pm On Oct 10, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

The only time i knew of NAF showing early up was in the December Monguno attack.

Even ISWAP were astonished by the quick response of NAF... They lost over 30 ISWAP Dudes that day
It's high time we start criticizing NAF. What will it take for NAF to have a single combat aircraft on standby in case there is an attack?
Soldiers in the battlefront have always been complaining about lack of air support.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by oyinpr(m): 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2019
Xbee007:

It's high time we start criticizing NAF. What will it take for NAF to have a single combat aircraft on standby in case there is an attack?
Soldiers in the battlefront have always been complaining about lack of air support.
the army needs a dedicated aviation corp... they've trained pilots and grownd crew so wtf! Are dey doing about induction of platforms?? What happened to the 2 H125m helicopters they paid for?? No blame airforce abeg the army has the capability to have raised an effective air arm by now abeg

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2019
Xbee007:

Hmmmm if the NAF redponds to all attacks Insurgency will end immediately.

There is no attack in the Northeast that did not last over an hour before our Soldiers retreated or ran out of Ammo.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2019
oyinpr:
the army needs a dedicated aviation corp... they've trained pilots and grownd crew so wtf! Are dey doing about induction of platforms?? What happened to the 2 H125m helicopters they paid for?? No blame airforce abeg the army has the capability to have raised an effective air arm by now abeg

I will continually blame the Airforce until i die.
If they cannot respond to attacks they should go home and stop expending tax payers hard earned cash

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Hmmmm if the NAF redponds to all attacks Insurgency will end immediately.

There is no attack in the Northeast that did not last over an hour before our Soldiers retreated or ran out of Ammo.

From the soldiers account, Boko Haram swarmed the soldiers in large numbers. Doesn't that present a rare opportunity for NAF air asset to take out substantial numbers of the enemy? Except if of course both arms of the military dont share a common approach to winning this war.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 7:44pm On Oct 10, 2019
oyinpr:

If the nigerian army decide to go it alone, do they have the resources to sustain it? I just hope we dont get to a point where we begin to think both arms of the military are fighting two separate wars
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:49pm On Oct 10, 2019
oyinpr:
I have never been an advocate of NA getting its own aviation corp cos I never believe they can sustain it. It is just unrealistic. They are stretched too thin already. NA is practically doing the job of police, custom, navy and now they want to start doing NAF job too.

And all these from that paltry budget.

Rather they should spend the money on MRAP, APCs and better gears for soldiers. Most of the devastating ambush on soldiers could have been lessen if they were in armored vehicles or have better situational awareness.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Goodluck to you

You just wrote what I thought of when I initially saw his post.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:40pm On Oct 10, 2019
persius555:

From the soldiers account, Boko Haram swarmed the soldiers in large numbers. Doesn't that present a rare opportunity for NAF air asset to take out substantial numbers of the enemy? Except if of course both arms of the military dont share a common approach to winning this war.

If Airforce responds to all attacks ISWAP will never ever attack any FOBs or military base in the Northeast.

This war is "the more you look the less you see"

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 11:10pm On Oct 10, 2019
olapluto:

pls what's the name of the handle? the link isn't opening
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by persius555(m): 3:30am On Oct 11, 2019
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 5:46am On Oct 11, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Goodluck to you

Stop running from my simple question like a coward and answer it. wink

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 5:48am On Oct 11, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Sorry but easily searchable video evidence contradicts your baseless words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by AskiaHarem(m): 5:49am On Oct 11, 2019
Xbee007:

He is just a sick troll.

If I were a mod, I would delete his account and anyone he creates after that.

I'm a troll for asking for proof and posting statements backed by facts and not blindly swallowing the direahee garbage some of you Drag-Drama Queens squeeze out and slap on to here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 11, 2019
Algerian1:

+ a STRELA 2M (SA-7) and 6 others BM 21 rocket . weapons caches are discovered every two days in the south near borders regions shocked
How do they discover this weapons that are buried in the ground?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2019
Uwaomaokey:

The bandits own is assuming another dimension altogether, they aren’t keeping to the peace pact signed by government, did you read about the recent attack?
Yes I did.

I think the Nigerian Army need an air arm. All the attack helicopters with the Nigerian airforce should be transferred to the Nigerian army.

Buratai once said the Nigerian army will soon operate attack helicopters, I think he even commissioned about 10 guys sef and gave them wing, what's the latest about this guys?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 11, 2019
AskiaHarem:

This isn't a video game where everyone can just radio in airstrikes whenever they want for the smallest reasons and Nigeria isnt a great military power" buzz off.
Do you know soldiers died during that battle? I have their pic, but I didn't just post it. In fact the kin injury wey some get sef made me shock shocked

We're at war bro, I think we should get more drones that can carry bombs too. It won't be as expensive as fighter jets and attack helicopters.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 11, 2019
Xbee007:

The day you make a sensible post, I will be shocked.

People fighting for over 6 hours without air support and this is the thrash you can type. I am not surprised this is coming from you though.
In any battle, Air support is so important, look at the way NATO forces do call in for air support in the war against alqaeda,Isis and the Taliban's. Without air support, the Russians won't be able to defeat ISIS in Syria. Before Russian and Syrian ground forces attack any location, the Russian Airforce do bomb the hell out of those locations before the ground forces move in to finish things up. The Air force would have done about 80% of the job while the ground forces do about 20%.

If we can't always use our jets and attack helicopters all the time, let's get armed drones from China or Israel.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 11, 2019
oyinpr:
If there is no cash to buy new attack helicopters, let the president order the air force to transfer all attack helicopters to the army. I think the Nigerian air force personnel should be peg at maybe 10,000. They should focus more on fighting in the air, securing our air space and their base.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 11, 2019
BabaOwen:
How do they discover this weapons that are buried in the ground?

Yes . a huuudge quantity of weapons was stolen from gaddafi army units after he fall . and was sent to north mali, niger with rebel groups with the help of NATO ( france) and it was also christmas for all terrorist groups in the region. and this guys buried a lot of them in the sahara desert near borders waiting the right moment for them . ( a politic revolution and troubles in algeria for exemple) .

Also a lot of terrorists was eliminated or serrended last years in algeria . and any one who serrender give a lot of informations about weapons caches ect ... To get amnesty accord, Thats why algerian army discover a lot of caches this years

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2019
BabaOwen:
Do you know soldiers died during that battle? I have their pic, but I didn't just post it. In fact the kin injury wey some get sef made me shock shocked

We're at war bro, I think we should get more drones that can carry bombs too. It won't be as expensive as fighter jets and attack helicopters.
Yes!!!!the army should focus on UCAV instead helicopters...we ve seen the damage it capable of dishing out in the libyan war

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 10:33am On Oct 11, 2019
ugo4u:

pls what's the name of the handle? the link isn't opening
Amb Wilton Harry
Check this link again
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kikuyu2: 1:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
BabaOwen:
Yes I did.

I think the Nigerian Army need an air arm. All the attack helicopters with the Nigerian airforce should be transferred to the Nigerian army.

Buratai once said the Nigerian army will soon operate attack helicopters, I think he even commissioned about 10 guys sef and gave them wing, what's the latest about this guys?

Definitely! Also to avoid inter arms delays requesting support across service lines from Army to AF you need your own CAS capability. At least 2 squadrons of cheap,easy maintenance,light attack gunships in an army unit like the 50 Aircav we have here in 3 squadrons,a mix of 500 MDs and 530 Fs,36 in number. Operating in pairs they can put serious hurt on uglies with their .50 BMGs and 2.75 inch rockets.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1017) (1018) (1019) (1020) (1021) (1022) (1023) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.