Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3013604 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 6:21pm On May 30, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 6:30pm On May 30, 2020
Buy a boot, wear it for 3 days straight then come back and comment.
Perhaps you might understand things beyond pictures here.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:41pm On May 30, 2020
bidexiii:

To some extent @kabe1 especially necessary kits like boots, bullet proof vest and helmets which are basic needs of troops in the frontline.
They would give you complains about the heat and weight.
I think if discipline comes in to play will see most of our frontline troops with this kits.
discipline aside,

if the lads complained of heat and added weight,then provide them with proper mobility. better armoured trucks, mrap ,APC would do the trick.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 6:53pm On May 30, 2020
bidexiii:

Yeap and also work on soldiers discipline.
We’ve seen European soldiers like France in Mali
and Afghan inside the hot weather well kitted and with 10-20kg bag-pack.
true but their vehicles are air conditioned and they don't get to carry the bag pack always ,they do only when they leave their APCs.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:08pm On May 30, 2020
COAS INSPECTS COMBAT EQUIPMENT, ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS, MINE RESISTANT AMBUSH PROTECTED VEHICLES UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND REPAIRS IN MAIDUGURI

As part of ensuring optimal operational readiness, the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai, who has been leading the fight against terrorism in the North East inspected ongoing manufacture, repairs/overhaul of combat vehicles including Armoured Personnel Carriers and Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles at the 107 Div Equipment Support in Maimalari Barracks, Maiduguri on Saturday the 30th of May 2020.

Gen Buratai was accompanied by the Chief of Training and Operations (Army), Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Chief of Logistics (Army), Chief of Military Intelligence and the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division among others.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:09pm On May 30, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:11pm On May 30, 2020
Concl

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2020
bidexiii:
COAS INSPECTS COMBAT EQUIPMENT, ARMORED PERSONNEL CARRIERS, MINE RESISTANT AMBUSH PROTECTED VEHICLES UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND REPAIRS IN MAIDUGURI

As part of ensuring optimal operational readiness, the Chief of Army Staff Lt Gen TY Buratai, who has been leading the fight against terrorism in the North East inspected ongoing manufacture, repairs/overhaul of combat vehicles including Armoured Personnel Carriers and Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles at the 107 Div Equipment Support in Maimalari Barracks, Maiduguri on Saturday the 30th of May 2020.

Gen Buratai was accompanied by the Chief of Training and Operations (Army), Theatre Commander Operation LAFIYA DOLE, Chief of Logistics (Army), Chief of Military Intelligence and the Acting General Officer Commanding 7 Division among others.
Which one be this again! Standardize for God's sake

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2020
Odunayaw:
Which one be this again! Standardize for God's sake
E tire me too

On the bright side it reduces the number of people who gets to ride in hilux. Better protection for 9 more soldiers.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2020
Kalapizim:
E tire me too

On the bright side it reduces the number of people who gets to ride in hilux. Better protection for 9 more soldiers.
well what can I say 105 Equipment support group are doing their job grin grin grin
If u check am out e make sense o grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:25pm On May 30, 2020
Kalapizim:
E tire me too

Well, you could say that but all these here and there things don't speak well of a professional Army sha.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:44pm On May 30, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

I have left Lake Chad area to Borno Central. Now it's no more ISWAP wahala but JAS. Tho I'm still hibernating in Maiduguri, but will be off to Borno Central next week
grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Yahoonovich(m): 7:52pm On May 30, 2020
Toju200:
Somebody should tell Egypt to slowdown first cry cry cry

According to La Repubblica newspaper, the Italian government is set up to approve soon the MEGA defense deal with Egypt that includes:

-6 Frigates including 2x confirmed FREMM Bergamini
-24 M-346 trainer jets
-24 Eurofighter Typhoon jets
-20 Falaj II OPV
-Military Satellite
Arming up for Turkey.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JohnEagle96(m): 8:01pm On May 30, 2020
cool It is a good step in the right direction let's develop robust maintenance of our platforms for a good mobility of ground troops

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by blacKDalia: 8:36pm On May 30, 2020
kabe1:

There are so many things the army is not providing for front line troops. Appropriate uniforms, bulletproof vests, combat boots so many, many basic things.

You see a Navy guy in the field, you see an Air Force personnel, and you wonder if army guys are from Chad.

Lol@Chad.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2020
bidexiii:

[BREAKING] Murder: Court jails six NAF personnel attached to ex-CDS, Badeh

https://punchng.com/breaking-murder-court-jails-six-naf-personnel-attached-to-ex-cds-badeh/

From the info I read, A Squadron Leader (Amry equivalent of a Major) was also prosecuted... Does this means that someone of such ranking can be doing security details undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by UltimateDreamer: 1:58am On May 31, 2020
tacticalize

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 6:34am On May 31, 2020
Odunayaw:
Well, you could say that but all these here and there things don't speak well of a professional Army sha.
very true at least if they wanted to overhaul maybe Dem nor wan waste all those vehicles Proforce is There (PPP)
Or DICON
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 7:20am On May 31, 2020
joshingjosh:

From the info I read, A Squadron Leader (Amry equivalent of a Major) was also prosecuted... Does this means that someone of such ranking can be doing security details undecided
The rank of major equivalent in any of the services are usually drafted as ADC to the CDS.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:36am On May 31, 2020
joshingjosh:

Them they do oo! esp as ADC infact it's one of the juiciest "appointment" in the military/paramilitary esp when attached to a high profile politician. To get am sef na connections and pressing buttons.
I know a senator in the 8th assembly that served in the police force for 10yrs, most of his posting were high profile postings to politicians. He was an aide to a former FCT minister after which he voluntarily retired from the force after establishing requisite connections in the political space and securing the "bag".

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oasis007(m): 9:44am On May 31, 2020
bidexiii:
Look at the first and middle soldier; what about the top ?
We can’t say he was not issued with complete wear and here is on duty without it grin cheesy grin

grin

NA is better addressed as Federal Vigilante Group. I've seen many of their Clips on Twitter, to be honest nothing wow with their tactical Discipline and Kits.

At times, you do ask yourself if they are trained at all?! Compare them to NAF recently deploy to tackle Bandits, then you would wonder what's wrong with NA Leadership.

NAF Kits alone would scare off those malnourished Twerps. I wish NAF and SBS can be deployed to replace NA completely in the ongoing Battles, it won't take long to wipe out those bunch of Twits.

Note: last 2 Pics (SBS).

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 11:31am On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

NA is better addressed as Federal Vigilante Group. I've seen many of their Clips on Twitter, to be honest nothing wow with their tactical Discipline and Kits.

At times, you do ask yourself if they are trained at all?! Compare them to NAF recently deploy to tackle Bandits, then you would wonder what's wrong with NA Leadership.

NAF Kits alone would scare off those malnourished Twerps. I wish NAF and SBS can be deployed to replace NA completely in the ongoing Battles, it won't take long to wipe out those bunch of Twits.

If wishes were horses..
NA leadership needs to tackle the issue of Kitting, it makes soldiers look unprofessional.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Guy I get your point but your pics doesn't prove it.
These are special forces u posted they are small unit so I'll say it's kinda easier to maintain their kitting unlike a whole infantry of 3000 soilders or more deployed to the Desert / forest for years dude it's never going to be easy providing them kits regularly but it's possible.So I blame the Top greedy officers
I'm in Delta State I've seen troops of Op Delta Safe And the way you describe them isn't the way they look.
They are infantry soilders of 3 battalion warri
And they got every kit including knee pads and Gloves
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oasis007(m): 12:03pm On May 31, 2020
Toju200:
Guy I get your point but your pics doesn't prove it.
These are special forces u posted they are small unit so I'll say it's kinda easier to maintain their kitting unlike a whole infantry of 3000 soilders or more deployed to the Desert / forest for years dude it's never going to be easy providing them kits regularly but it's possible.So I blame the Top greedy officers
I'm in Delta State I've seen troops of Op Delta Safe And the way you describe them isn't the way they look.
They are infantry soilders of 3 battalion warri
And they got every kit including knee pads and Gloves

grin

How many Years have American Military being in Afghanistan? Iraq?! Do they lack military Gears? Kits?!

Let's call Spade a Spade pls. NA Leadership should stop enriching their Purses at the Expense of their Personnel.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:04pm On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

NAF Kits alone would scare off those malnourished Twerps. [/b]I wish NAF and SBS can be deployed to replace NA completely in the ongoing Battles, it won't take long to wipe out those bunch of Twits.[b]

Ah, when it comes to a major land warfare, no matter how unprofessional our Army may look, they are always the most formidabble force we have..

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oasis007(m): 12:06pm On May 31, 2020
GeneralFarouq:

Ah, when it comes to a major land warfare, no matter how inprofessional our Atmy maynlook, they are always the most formidabble force we have..

No doubt, but they need to be protected and well kitted.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 12:14pm On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

No doubt, but they need to be protected and well kitted.
Agreed, it is always funding, and last i check Nigerians dint care much to hold a protest, maybe we may hands of these politicians
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

How many Years have American Military being in Afghanistan? Iraq?! Do they lack military Gears? Kits?!

Let's call Spade a Spade pls. NA Leadership should stop enriching their Purses at the Expense of their Personnel.
Well u can't compare the US and Nigeria Obviously...
They gat the money and Good leaders
And come to think of It Despite the "Kitting" and Stuffs 18yrs in Afghanistan and still.......
Up to 14 Security operatives where killed in Afghanistan last week immediately after the ceasefire.
Also remember the Hospital seige
Now they want to negotiate with the Taliban
Exchanging Prisoners...
Yes we need the kits but if that's what u put your hope on Guy you'll die grin
Look at the Chadians Those guys with Less kitting they are Very good
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 12:46pm On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Whenever there is a problem, the best thing you should do is try to know the reason for the problem.. Financial Corruption in the military have substantially reduce..The main reason for lack of standard kits is the low funds allocated to the army and sometimes soldiers complaining about the weight n heat..Comparing NA to American military is far out of touch cos the budget of American military is almost twice the entire economy of Nigeria..
The only solution to most of these issues is increased funding for the military that's all.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Oasis007(m): 12:57pm On May 31, 2020
Toju200:
Well u can't compare the US and Nigeria Obviously...
They gat the money and Good leaders
And come to think of It Despite the "Kitting" and Stuffs 18yrs in Afghanistan and still.......
Up to 14 Security operatives where killed in Afghanistan last week immediately after the ceasefire.
Also remember the Hospital seige
Now they want to negotiate with the Taliban
Exchanging Prisoners...
Yes we need the kits but if that's what u put your hope on Guy you'll die grin
Look at the Chadians Those guys with Less kitting they are Very good

grin

My Brother.... I love it whenever I see a well kitted Force. We generally believe that our Army are good, let's compliment it with good kitting.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by kabe1: 1:00pm On May 31, 2020
Oasis007:

grin

Not everything is corruption.

No amount of corruption can cover up a lack of money.

It costs $30,000 to fully kit 1 American soldier every year.

Comparing the Nigerian army to America is dumb to be honest.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 1:14pm On May 31, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1206) (1207) (1208) (1209) (1210) (1211) (1212) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.