Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,313 members, 7,780,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:22 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (2977292 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:18pm On Jul 30, 2020
Once again we are getting TOTALLY DIFFERENT narrative from the Governor of Borno state Zulum.

He is saying without any restraint that the miltary have been incompetent in Baga.

Meanwhile if it was SamuelAnyawu that made these disclosures there would be these apologists and sycophantic praise singers of the COAS. Calling him all kinds of names with abuse and trying to discredit him.

OK let them now discredit the Governor and call him unpatriotic.

The way things are going it will not be shocking if Boko attack Maiduguri and attempt to take it over.

21 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:26pm On Jul 30, 2020
Jimi24:
Boko Haram controlling parts of Baga?. How completely redundant this information. Many gangs are controlling many parts of many cities the world over. Is that really control?.
We know Boko Haram can sneak in to commit havoc and melt away but does that really equal 'control'?.
I don't know.
I think Boko Haram sympathizers are many within the NA and feed some cells within the group with information. Based on the info, those cells can organize to carry out actions to awe weak minded people.
All these don't equal control.

Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno, says if the military is unable to secure Baga, he would engage hunters to keep the town safe.

On Wednesday, Boko Haram insurgents attacked his convoy in Baga, while on his way to some internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in Kukawa local government area of the state.

After donating 12 patrol vehicles to security operatives in the area, Zulum also flagged off the reopening of the Monguno-Baga highway after a two-year closure.

Zulum, who had earlier been briefed by the troops that Baga was free of Boko Haram insurgents, returned to ask what led to the attack on his convoy.

“We have over 1,181 soldiers in Baga; 72 officers, 107 solders, 400 soldiers in mile 4 and 1,900 soldiers in Monguno. I see no reason why Boko Haram will stop operate in Baga town,” he said.

“The troops have been in mile 4 for over one year, there is complete sabotage, the problem is not with President Buhari, or General Burutai but the command and control structures. There is need to look into command structure.

“We have over 80,000 IDPs in Monguno, they cannot continue to depend on NGOs and others for food, we have created opportunity for them to go back to their communities and continue with their business and farming activities.

“After Sallah, we will go back to Kukawa. We we will give time to the military; but if they will not clear Baga, we will mobilise our hunters and vigilantes to recapture Baga… we can’t continue like this. People have take their destiny in their hands.”

Reacting to the attack, Sagir Musa, army spokesman, said details of the incident are sketchy and efforts are ongoing to comb the scene of the attack.

“An investigation is also in progress to identify the circumstances that led to the attack,” he said.

“Regrettably, this is an isolated and most unfortunate incident that occurred in a territory where normalcy has since been restored with socio-economic activities picking up. The Nigerian army wants to reassure the general public that this will be interrogated with a view to forestalling future recurrence.”

Over the months, the governor has had face-offs with the troops in the state.

In January, he accused troops of extorting road users and the following month.

https://www.thecable.ng/zulum-to-army-if-you-cant-secure-baga-well-mobilise-hunters-to-do-the-job

Zulum please do not return the IDPs to Baga please. Even Monguno if we do not take things serious it might fall as well. Monguno is already an Island on its own as ISWAP controls all villages around it. Previously the safe route was Monguno - Maiduguri road, but now it's a death sentence

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 10:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
komekn:
Once again we are getting TOTALLY DIFFERENT narrative from the Governor of Borno state Zulum.

He is saying without any restraint that the miltary have been incompetent in Baga.

Meanwhile if it was SamuelAnyawu that made these disclosures there would be these apologists and sycophantic praise singers of the COAS. Calling him all kinds of names with abuse and trying to discredit him.

OK let them now discredit the Governor and call him unpatriotic.

The way things are going it will not be shocking if Boko attack Maiduguri and attempt to take it over.

I Will never stop pouring out the truth on this thread cool

17 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:16pm On Jul 30, 2020
shocked Baga is still in the hands of these thugs! This wan weak me!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2020
Odunayaw:

You know know ni? Babajide of Journalist hangout have being hammering it. He even said the governor should he very careful with his waka waka because many local govt are firmly in the hand of bokoharam.
Gwoza, Kala balge etc he even said one would travel over 85km you would hardly see any community. The truth is that this war is no where near it's end, them just dey tell us another thing for media. Passing through some roads in borno is almost a death sentence for soldiers talk less of civilians

16 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Odunayaw:

Baga is not in the hands of Bokoharam, bokoharam is very active in baga.. There's difference between controlling and being Active..It once fell to bokoharam in 2018 when general adeniyi was still the theatre commander, but I don't think it took up to a week before they took it back..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 2:11am On Jul 31, 2020
ugo4u:

You know know ni? Babajide of Journalist hangout have being hammering it. He even said the governor should he very careful with his waka waka because many local govt are firmly in the hand of bokoharam.
Gwoza, Kala balge etc he even said one would travel over 85km you would hardly see any community. The truth is that this war is no where near it's end, them just dey tell us another thing for media. Passing through some roads in borno is almost a death sentence for soldiers talk less of civilians
Others don't come as a surprise to me, Baga does.

Anyway sha, we de here

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by EricBloodAxe: 4:44am On Jul 31, 2020
youghs:

Bags is not in the hands of Bokoharam, bokoharam is very active in baga.. There's difference between controlling and being Active..It once fell to bokoharam in 2018 when general adeniyi was still the theatre commander, but I don't think it took up to a week before they took it back..
Young man take several seats and shutup. Baga is under bokoharam control. Stop spewing trash here.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2020
A soldier serving with the 202 Battalion of the 21 Special Armoured Brigade, Bama, Borno State, has shot dead his adjutant, Lt. Babakaka Ngorgi, for allegedly refusing to give him a travel pass to enable him resolve his inability to access his salary account, which had been frozen for about eight months.

The private, whose identity could not be ascertained, was said to have fired some rounds at the officer, who was making a phone call in front of the unit headquarters on Wednesday.

https://punchng.com/soldier-goes-berserk-kills-senior-officer-over-frozen-salary-account/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1596156755
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 8:09am On Jul 31, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 10:53am On Jul 31, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

I Will never stop pouring out the truth on this thread cool
please continue to speak facts. It's because of guys like you, I keep following this thread.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 11:53am On Jul 31, 2020
ugo4u:

I remember watching TVC news and the revelations BABAJIDE made and l reiterated them here.

Instead of people to look at this truth and think what we can do. They were discrediting him and me for quoting him.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by guente02(m): 12:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
I think by now Nigerians already know that anything the army says should be taken with a pinch of salt. Cunning lots.

Anything Samuel posts on here is the truth even if there are paddings, I'd still take it to be the truth. I kuku trust saharareporters for this.

Until the army secures the various cities and villages in the North East and other plagued by the insurgency and citizens be able to go back to their communities, they haven't done an exceptional job, we should stop normalising mediocrity.

13 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:08pm On Jul 31, 2020
komekn:

I remember watching TVC news and the revelations BABAJIDE made and l reiterated them here.

Instead of people to look at this truth and think what we can do. They were discrediting him and me for quoting him.
I will continually expose you. How does this your post relate to Baga.
komekn:
I am watching TVC news and he is talking about a situation where soldiers from Niger Republic are responding to distress calls from villagers and protecting them.

Or is Jide a reporter for Sahara reporter or is a unpatriotic Nigerian trying to pull down the NA and the COAS.

Or let's keep posting pictures of a few bandits being killed and classsed as HUGE SUCCESSES.

Jide went on further to talk about a group of soldiers killed by bandits.

What do you hope to gain by cheap lies, sympathy? Disgusting!

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:10pm On Jul 31, 2020
guente02:
I think by now Nigerians already know that anything the army says should be taken with a pinch of salt. Cunning lots.

Anything Samuel posts on here is the truth even if there are paddings, I'd still take it to be the truth. I kuku trust saharareporters for this.

Until the army secures the various cities and villages in the North East and other plagued by the insurgency and citizens be able to go back to their communities, they haven't done an exceptional job, we should stop normalising mediocrity.
I agree

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:21pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidexiii:

Honestly !
We could get good CORVETTES/ CLASS CUTTERS for such more cheaper rate less than $250m.
Will just need to pay up in tranches.

X

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by FieldMarshall06(m): 12:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Odunayaw:
I agree with you. A brand new frigate or frigates is not coming soon. A good competitive tender and we can give this ship a fighters robe for significantly less than the $250m quotation bandied about.

X
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:26pm On Jul 31, 2020
komekn:

Let me give you a brief story on what played out or what's playing out in Baga.

Baga town is a big fishing community with several islands littering around.

When I arrived Monguno in 2018, we had healthcare centres and livelihood outlets in Baga town. My first visit to Baga town was by road from Monguno to Baga town around 1hr30mins drive. Baba Baga is blessed with a very lucrative fishing industry. Infact I ate a very big cat fish for 500 naira. I then told my friends that I'll buy the smoked fish in trailers and send to Abuja. One of my colleagues told me moving fish is contraband here embarassed

When the Military took over Baga they started imposing heavy tax on this market and where even controlling the Baga fish market down to Maiduguri. Many top military brats in Borno and Baga infact became Multi Millionaires cool

ISWAP too had some areas they controlled and where also imposing tax on fishermen and the business couriers of this fish. Now the businessmen who were directly dealing with the Military where not happy because the tax the military were imposing was so much, while the businessmen who were directly dealing with ISWAP had lower tax and there fishes were cheap due to this low tax.

However, those buying directly from ISWAP were not using the roads to take this fishes to Maiduguri, while those through the military were freely using the roads as they got approvals from the top Generals grin

Now most of the businessmen using the military started moving over to the ISWAP market following the bushy terrains to conduct business with ISWAP as their tax where cheaper of which implies more profits. The military noticed this and started tracking most of the businessmen carrying fishes through the Bushes. Once the Military gets them they burn the cars and the fishes saying it's ISWAP selling to fund arms of which they are right as well grin

After several manhunt on these illegal fishing guys ISWAP were now really angry that most of their business counterparts were not coming forward again due to the massive manhunt by the military in the bushes. This greatly affected ISWAP finances of which they had to do something fast.

In the third-quarter of 2018 the United Nations got a real information that ISWAP will carryout a very massive attack at Baga town because of this fishing industry. The United Nations Security Group immediately told us all to evacuate from Baga town immediately.

A month after this circular ISWAP struck massively at Baga in the late 2018 and throughout 2019 ISWAP controlled the fishing Market 100%. In late 2019 the military went back to the MNJTF base which is 7km into Baga town. Infact while at that Base ISWAP was still in Baga town both of them looking at each other from afar.

After sometime the Military conducted an operation into Baga town. The ISWAP moved over to the several Islands there and till date the locals say ISWAP still stroll in freely especially at nights.

The Fishing market there remains the big deal of the Baga controversy.

This war get as e be cool

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2020
Odunayaw:
You specifically talked about Niger responding to it's villages distress. What do you hope to gain by lying and twisting things, sympathy?
Pls let's not go there abeg grin let's this thread with great minds of You,Komekn, bidexiii,ugo4u, SamuelAnyawu,youghs, Faithful007,Xbee007 and many others I mean think of it..
If some wise and sensible commanding officers are to read these contents on this thread it will be Soo effective in the War.
SamuelAnyawu for example has literally escaped death Abi he knows what is Going on there he's actually there
bidexiii I believe an Ex soilder
Komekn A military commentator
And host of other
Me I'm just here to learn grin and hopefully pick somethings here and share with some Frontline soilders I talk to.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 12:35pm On Jul 31, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:

Let me give you a brief story on what played out or what's playing out in Baga.

Baga town is a big fishing community with several islands littering around.

When I arrived Monguno in 2018, we had healthcare centres and livelihood outlets in Baga town. My first visit to Baga town was by road from Monguno to Baga town around 1hr30mins drive. Baba Baga is blessed with a very lucrative fishing industry. Infact I ate a very big cat fish for 500 naira. I then told my friends that I'll buy the smoked fish in trailers and send to Abuja. One of my colleagues told me moving fish is contraband here embarassed

When the Military took over Baga they started imposing heavy tax on this market and where even controlling the Baga fish market down to Maiduguri. Many top military brats in Borno and Baga infact became Multi Millionaires cool

ISWAP too had some areas they controlled and where also imposing tax on fishermen and the business couriers of this fish. Now the businessmen who were directly dealing with the Military where not happy because the tax the military were imposing was so much, while the businessmen who were directly dealing with ISWAP had lower tax and there fishes were cheap due to this low tax.

However, those buying directly from ISWAP were not using the roads to take this fishes to Maiduguri, while those through the military were freely using the roads as they got approvals from the top Generals grin

Now most of the businessmen using the military started moving over to the ISWAP market following the bushy terrains to conduct business with ISWAP as their tax where cheaper of which implies more profits. The military noticed this and started tracking most of the businessmen carrying fishes through the Bushes. Once the Military gets them they burn the cars and the fishes saying it's ISWAP selling to fund arms of which they are right as well grin

After several manhunt on these illegal fishing guys ISWAP were now really angry that most of their business counterparts were not coming forward again due to the massive manhunt by the military in the bushes. This greatly affected ISWAP finances of which they had to do something fast.

In the third-quarter of 2018 the United Nations got a real information that ISWAP will carryout a very massive attack at Baga town because of this fishing industry. The United Nations Security Group immediately told us all to evacuate from Baga town immediately.

A month after this circular ISWAP struck massively at Baga in the late 2018 and throughout 2019 ISWAP controlled the fishing Market 100%. In late 2019 the military went back to the MNJTF base which is 7km into Baga town. Infact while at that Base ISWAP was still in Baga town both of them looking at each other from afar.

After sometime the Military conducted an operation into Baga town. The ISWAP moved over to the several Islands there and till date the locals say ISWAP still stroll in freely especially at nights.

The Fishing market there remains the big deal of the Baga controversy.

This war get as e be cool
Top brass are the root cause of setbacks.
Zulum said it right

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
FieldMarshall06:

Ok, let me fix this.

We cannot get a Western ship of Aradu standard for less that $400m. That ship has nuclear, biological, chemical (nbc) defence; and is built to unleash as much fire as it can endure hits.

The corvettes you mention at $250m would be inferior to the Aradu both in structure and capability and would not have nbc defences.

Yeap you’re right about corvettes, they’re are not well armed like the Meko 360 Frigates class “Aradu”. But there are some modern corvettes that would give you a run for your money.

Let me give you some list of them I made research on and they’re not more than $250m price. And they all carry enough impressive weaponry to scare enemy ships, forget about there size they’re impressive for countries we can’t afford big frigates and destroyers.

Here are the list:

Fincantieri Multirole Corvette

Damen SIGMA 10514 corvette

Taruntul class (Project 1241)

Sa’ar 5 class

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:56pm On Jul 31, 2020
MORE

Note the 1st and the 2nd picture are the Buyan-M lunching a Kalibr cruise missile.

Project 21631 Buyan-M

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 12:58pm On Jul 31, 2020
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
Toju200:
Pls let's not go there abeg grin let's this thread with great minds of You,Komekn, bidexiii,ugo4u, SamuelAnyawu,youghs, Faithful007,Xbee007 and many others I mean think of it..
If some wise and sensible commanding officers are to read these contents on this thread it will be Soo effective in the War.
SamuelAnyawu for example has literally escaped death Abi he knows what is Going on there he's actually there
bidexiii I believe an Ex soilder
Komekn A military commentator
And host of other
Me I'm just here to learn grin and hopefully pick somethings here and share with some Frontline soilders I talk to.

Dude you’re so so funny grin
What makes you feel am an ex soldier or am not even a service man. I too like you grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidex111:

Dude you’re so so funny grin
What makes you feel am an ex soldier or am not even a service man. I too like you grin
grin you're still serving ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Despite Baga attack, Zulum delivers food aide to 80,000 IDPs in Monguno

... Military commander praises Zulum’s resilience

Despite an atttack on his entourage in Baga, Governor Babagana Umara Zulum continued his humanitarian activities in Monguno, where he delivered food aid to over 80,000 internally displaced persons.

The Governor arrived Monguno on Monday for a humanitarian tour of northern part of the state, he supervised the distribution of relief items to IDPs from Marte, Guzamala, Kukawa, Nganzai and Monguno.

Thousands of bags of food grains and cooking oil was distributed to the IDPs and the vulnerable households in the host communities.

Male households received bags of grain, and cooking oil, while females received cash amount of 5,000 naira each.

Meanwhile, Governor Zulum’s resilience was commended by the sector 3 Commander of operation lafiya Dole, Brigadier General I. Garba.

The commendation was made when Zulum paid a visit to the soldiers, and officers of the Nigerian military at the Nasara Barracks, Monguno.

Before leaving Monguno to Maiduguri, Prof. Zulum inspected various ongoing projects, which includes High Islamic Secondary School project, 1000 housing unit project and a Mega Primary School.

While at the 1000 housing and the High Islamic School project sites, Zulum charged the contractor to maintain quality of their work.

“I have seen your job in Uyo, I have seen that of Mbala. By and large the work here is poor. We need to call your attention to stick to the quality. What matters are not the mere construction, but to deliver a quality building.”

[/b]This man right his my best governor, ready to serve the people even if it means risking his own life, he has the fear of God and his a giver [b]

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2020
More

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidex111:

Despite an atttack on his entourage in Baga, Governor Babagana Umara Zulum continued his humanitarian activities in Monguno, where he delivered food aid to over 80,000 internally displaced persons.

The Governor arrived Monguno on Monday for a humanitarian tour of northern part of the state, he supervised the distribution of relief items to IDPs from Marte, Guzamala, Kukawa, Nganzai and Monguno.

Thousands of bags of food grains and cooking oil was distributed to the IDPs and the vulnerable households in the host communities.

Male households received bags of grain, and cooking oil, while females received cash amount of 5,000 naira each.

Meanwhile, Governor Zulum’s resilience was commended by the sector 3 Commander of operation lafiya Dole, Brigadier General I. Garba.

The commendation was made when Zulum paid a visit to the soldiers, and officers of the Nigerian military at the Nasara Barracks, Monguno.

Before leaving Monguno to Maiduguri, Prof. Zulum inspected various ongoing projects, which includes High Islamic Secondary School project, 1000 housing unit project and a Mega Primary School.

While at the 1000 housing and the High Islamic School project sites, Zulum charged the contractor to maintain quality of their work.

“I have seen your job in Uyo, I have seen that of Mbala. By and large the work here is poor. We need to call your attention to stick to the quality. What matters are not the mere construction, but to deliver a quality building.”

[/b]This man right his my best governor, ready to serve the people even if it means risking his own life, he has the fear of God and his a giver [b]

Lol see Rice all over our football field at Monguno grin. That's late Shugaba's aka Scissors house grin

I tap soccer here Wella shaa. May God Continually keep Monguno safe cool
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 1:25pm On Jul 31, 2020
Curious to see if ISWA are launching captured grads or they've got better at rocket manufacture, perhaps even a local version of Syrian-style Fīl (Elephant) rockets.

Notable they've previously failed to hit Maiduguri but now succeeded-if Grads, likely using something like this.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidex111:

The Governor later confessed that there was no Boko Haram in Baga.

The big question still remains, what exactly happened?

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 2:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
bidex111:

Governor Zulum is truly a man of the people buh he won't be doing his state any good if he's not alive. He's currently the best governor in Nigeria today

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2020
Toju200:
The Governor later confessed that there was no Boko Haram in Baga.

The big question still remains, what exactly happened?

These guys always attack baga from lake chad islands and then run back when they are done or repelled that's one the reasons I've been clamouring for border security, we aren't going to win this war without it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1311) (1312) (1313) (1314) (1315) (1316) (1317) ... (2198) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: bidexiii, Chuaathra and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.