Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,969 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3005907 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
9/11 is just like Boko Haram attack on a UN building in Abuja. Did the 9/11 attack even last up to a day? And this attack was what lead to the invasion of Afghanistan.

I'm talking of a situation whereby the likes of bandits go on a killing spree in the USA, or a situation whereby a terrorist group dey attack US military formations in the USA. They won't last up to a day.

The number of Nigeria military formation that has been overrun by terrorists in Nigeria is far more than the number of USA formation that were overrun in Iraq and Afghanistan combine(that's even if any got overrun).
DLD, do a google search on the numbers of violent deaths in US and come back. Because theirs is not BH/ISWAP/BANDIT doesn't make it any better, they got drug cartels, gangsters, and all sorts of gun related deaths yearly. To each it's own.
NOTE: i am not crediting NA or discrediting US, at all, just stating an obvious fact.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I don't see any politician or a civil servant standing as surety for him again, but I hope Nnamdi Kanu is ready sha, because he will surely be incarcerated till GMB leaves office. I no com know wetin fit happen after he leaves office sha.

Let's just pray the FG don't fall for the temptation.

If they mess this up like that of Yusuf.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
Odunayaw:
That was quick!
ENTERED country SUNDAY, faced court MONDAY, remanded till JULY 26 for further hearing.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 4:22pm On Jun 29, 2021
lol, terrosits are alive and well in the USA. extremist groups are here and heavily armed. difference is, in the US, those who support certain extremist ideology carry out lone wolf attacks, without the entire group being involved. And since its in the constitution for people to have right to bear arms, these guys openly display their weapons, and that ain't illegal until it's used in committing a crime. Of course such groups are under constant surveillance

MUTERIKA:
SERIOUSLY? When you compare US experience in IRAQ/AFGHANISTAN to NIGERIA's experience in-country while saying terrorism will not last a day in US. 9/11 was not imported you know. Bulk of it's planning probably took place on US soil. That US performed wonderfully well in another country where they can kill nearly every hadjis without consideration doesn't mean they would do same when faced with terrorism at home, where they factor in civilians, environment, development and all.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PetroDolla2020: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
You kidding me? How will terrorists “invade” Ghana? As they will march into Ghana just like that?

Ghana has sufficient firepower to deal with threat to its security, overt or covert. You guys should worry about Nigeria and leave Ghana to handle its security affairs.

DubaiLandLord:
Mtchewww

So did Shekarau and his men crossed over from Niger republic or Chad into Nigeria? The Ghanaian Airforce have 5 or so Super tucanoes.

The Ghanaian army have Armoured fighting vehicles and Artilleries. All this is enough to fight a light infantry men like Bandits and other terrorists group.

How the Ghanians military will perform if terrorists try to invade Ghana is what I do not know, but what I know is that, they crushed armed Fulani heardsmen, and they are smart not to let terrorists gain access into their country.

If you check around, you won't see terrorists groups operating freely in well organized countries around the world. Check the list of countries terrorists they operate freely, they are mostly disorganized and failing countries.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
demolition:

Let's just pray the FG don't fall for the temptation.

If they mess this up like that of Yusuf.

His case can't end up like that of Yusuf, it will just be like that of Ibrahim Zakzaky.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

You kidding me? How will terrorists “invade” Ghana? As they will march into Ghana just like that?

Ghana has sufficient firepower to deal with threat to its security, overt or covert. You guys should worry about Nigeria and leave Ghana to handle its security affairs.

Learn to read and understand boy.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
INSECURITY: CAS EMPHASIZES NEED FOR REGIONAL COLLABORATIONS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao has stressed the need for enhanced regional cooperation in the fight against insurgency and terrorism in the West African sub-region. He made this known while hosting the Inspector General of Senegalese Armed Forces (SAF), General de Division El hadji Daouda Niang in his office. According to the CAS, the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) and other armed forces in the Region must synergize their efforts in view of the transnational nature of terrorism and its impact on the security of the entire Region. According to the CAS, past collaborations between the various armed forces in quelling and resolving conflicts in Liberia, Sierra Leone and of recent The Gambia, are indicative of the import of regional cooperation and collaboration. In his words, ‘Now more than ever before is the time for us to come together to curb the current security challenges in West Africa.’ He went on to commend the Senegalese Armed Forces for always being on hand to collaborate with the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) whenever the need arose. According to him, the collaboration between the NAF and SAF during its deployment to The Gambia in 2017 which led to the deployment of 200 NAF personnel as well as air assets to Senegal prior to Operation Restore Democracy in The Gambia is indicative of what synergy, cooperation and collaboration can achieve.

In his remarks, General El hadji Daouda Niang stated that he was in Nigeria to seek for collaboration and strengthen cooperation between the SAF and the AFN. He commended the NAF and other Services for their commitment to Nigeria’s internal security as well as the regional security of West Africa. He also used the occasion of the visit to recall his experience working with members of the AFN in Liberia and the high level of discipline and professionalism they exhibited which left a positive impression on him. General Niang also informed the CAS that the Office of the Inspector General of the SAF, which he occupies is domiciled in the Office of the Senegalese President and charged with the responsibility of ensuring the operational readiness of the entire SAF as well as those of other security agencies in Senegal.

General Niang was accompanied on the visit by departmental heads in the Inspector-General’s Office including the Inspector of Services and Logistics, Colonel Mamadou Sarre; Inspector of Administration and Finances, Colonel Babou Faye; Inspector of Health and Veterinary, Colonel Abdoulaye Ndiaye and the Senegalese Defence Attaché in Nigeria, Colonel Guirane Ndiaye. Also present during the visit were some Branch Heads and the Nigerian Defence Attache to Dakar, Senegal.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

29 June 2021

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
sizzorchan:
lol, terrosits are alive and well in the USA. extremist groups are here and heavily armed. difference is, in the US, those who support certain extremist ideology carry out lone wolf attacks, without the entire group being involved. And since its in the constitution for people to have right to bear arms, these guys openly display their weapons, and that ain't illegal until it's used in committing a crime. Of course such groups are under constant surveillance

NOW that's what DLD isn't understanding. BUT i know he just wants what is best for NIGERIA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

DLD, Abeg it’s Shekau not Shekarau our former Kano Governor na grin
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 4:31pm On Jun 29, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Executing him, was probably not part of the terms of extradition.

I did not mention execution oooo.
And then, I heard he was arrested in Cameroon while trying to sneak into the country for photo ops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by PetroDolla2020: 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2021
Una too dey fear joor cool Let the terrorists come now. The Ghana boys scout will finish them. We won’t even deploy troops. grin are you aware there are troops deployed along the border with Burkina Faso? cool

I won’t even lose any sleep over the so-called terrorists. Let them come

Iriruaga100:

We play politics with everything too much in Nigeria. It won’t take the federal government one week to mop up all the Fulani bastard from our forest. Look at the carnage happening every time in Benue and there is an airforce base in Makurdi.
Don’t over hype Ghana, they’re praying right now for the terrorist not to invade their country through Burkina Faso.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

Blue on Blue.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:36pm On Jun 29, 2021
Whyem15:

I did not mention execution oooo.
And then, I heard he was arrested in Cameroon while trying to sneak into the country for photo ops.

Oh my bad,
If the Cameroon story is true, it means FG can do whatever they so please.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 29, 2021
MUTERIKA:
its a shame, and even EASTERNERS felt the brunt of his actions the most. HE is hatred personified. BUT it is what it is. THE cock has come home to roost.
grin

The guy fit dey depressed right now sef, he himself go dey shock for the kin position he dey right now grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 4:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
also America's officials(politicians) has often been reluctant to publicly label these groups as terror groups, it puts a dent on America's image, now journalists are questioning officials why they just won't call these groups what they are. As you know, in the West they leave negative labels for others lol, they don't want that for themselves. Those in the security agencies are not shy to call them what they are though, but the political leaders are the ones who can make it official

MUTERIKA:
NOW that's what DLD isn't understanding. BUT i know he just wants what is best for NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
PetroDolla2020:
Una too dey fear joor cool Let the terrorists come now. The Ghana boys scout will finish them. We won’t even deploy troops. grin are you aware there are troops deployed along the border with Burkina Faso? cool

Amen
It is my prayer everyday, though might be a wrong one, that ISWAP and bandits look beiyond Nigeria and try settling in other countries,
We need the half time.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
MUTERIKA:
UK police arrested him, then extradited him to NIGERIA. INTERPOL something and NIGERIA ATTORNEY GENERAL putting forward a valid case for arrest probably.
It seems the UK police and INTERPOL took the attack on Nigerian police seriously with Nnamdi Kanu. They see an attack on police personnel as an attack on police personnel all over the world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:43pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
It seems the UK police and INTERPOL took the attack on Nigerian police seriously with Nnamdi Kanu. They see an attack on police personnel as an attack on police personnel all over the world.

yup. something about esprit de corps

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
lol. careful what you wish for. it's not about them marching into Ghana, such conflict often spread from remote border areas, as they are pushed out from their home base, they will have no choice but to find a new one by the border. same way ours spilled into our neighbors territories . idea is to never all them to settle there, if they do, then it becomes Ghana's fight, bcoz ur troops will attack, terrorists will retaliate against your troops or civilians and downhill it goes. ghana is a peaceful country, i hope it stays that way

PetroDolla2020:

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by demolition: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
His case can't end up like that of Yusuf, it will just be like that of Ibrahim Zakzaky.

By temptation I mean. This dude has terror tendencies now.
He should be handled with extreme caution.

One of his biggest critique on the ESN rampage was that he was not on ground.

And if you notice their mode of attack it was always deep penetration of prisons and heavy fortified police posts.

He should be handled with sense.
He has two options and he's taking both.
Get killed somehow or mistakenly slip off and become the next shekau.

He's known to be an idiot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
grin

The guy fit dey depressed right now sef, he himself go dey shock for the kin position he dey right now grin
my first thought when i saw his pic was that he looks sickly

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 29, 2021
youghs:

This is why it's always funny to me when people on this thread say it's easier to fight terrorism at home Like WTF

When you fight terrorism abroad, you can do and undo without repercussion but there are countless and numerous dynamics involved when you're fighting at home. The best way to defeat terrorism is to prevent it by making sure you have efficient and effective law enforcement, cos when it goes full scale then you'll have a big problem on your hand

The only advantage that comes with fighting terrorism at home is that you might be able to keep it at a normal level of crime through good law enforcement system rather than it going full scale and that's it.
If you believe the word in bold about the Nigerian military, then you're lying to yourself.

Nigerian military no dey sabi the difference between armed civilians and unarmed ones.

People were forced to create CTF after the Nigerian army dey burn towns down and killing armless civilians after Boko Haram kill an army personnel in Borno. Odi too dey there .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
sizzorchan:
also America's officials(politicians) has often been reluctant to publicly label these groups as terror groups, it puts a dent on America's image, now journalists are questioning officials why they just won't call these groups what they are. As you know, in the West they leave negative labels for others lol, they don't want that for themselves. Those in the security agencies are not shy to call them what they are though, but the political leaders are the ones who can make it official

WHILE in our country, anything goes.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MUTERIKA(m): 4:46pm On Jun 29, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Amen
It is my prayer everyday, though might be a wrong one, that ISWAP and bandits look beiyond Nigeria and try settling in other countries,
We need the half time.
MHAD OH!

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
Whyem15:
The buhari administration might have made another mistake. Who are they trying to impress by taking him to court and publicizing his arrest? No matter how transparent the judgement is, his supporters and buhari's haters will not release him unless he is set free. Less than 100 people would have known about the plan before the announcement, he should have been made to disappear instead.
After he disappear, wetin the Nigerian government go tell the UK when they asked for the whereabout of their citizen?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Iriruaga100(m): 4:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
PetroDolla2020:

Abeg nor dey make mouth hear!! Ghana has not invested in her military for the last 35 years.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
Iriruaga100:

Abeg nor dey make mouth hear!! Ghana has not invested in her military for the last 35 years.
Even Ghanaian military personnel won't wish for what he is asking for.

I remember when GEJ declare a SOE in 3 NE states, some people were saying(especially GEJ supporters in the politic section) is just a matter of days, the military will crush the terrorists and the fight will be over.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
has he renounced his Nigerian citizenship? UK for where. who are they gonna ask. He is a nigerian first and foremost.
And as for his arrest and extradition, its a political matter, no way UK police alone will make the decision to send him to Nigeria, elected political leaders would be the ones to decide if they should hand him over, cops are simply the tools used
DubaiLandLord:
After he disappear, wetin the Nigerian government go tell the UK when they asked for the whereabout of their citizen?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
Same military that has rescued countless civilians out of arms way and even air lifted some? you get bad belle oga.
so if there's no difference, this war would have been over then right? they wouldn't be cautious about dropping bombs on terrorists hiding among civilians or care about rescuing them. We've lost soldiers doing this, and here you are tarnishing them.

DubaiLandLord:
If you believe the word in bold about the Nigerian military, then you're lying to yourself.

Nigerian military no dey sabi the difference between armed civilians and unarmed ones.

People were forced to create CTF after the Nigerian army dey burn towns down and killing armless civilians after Boko Haram kill an army personnel in Borno. Odi too dey there .

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
sizzorchan:

has he renounced his Nigerian citizenship? UK for where. who are they gonna ask. He is a nigerian first and foremost.
And as for his arrest and extradition, its a political matter, no way UK police alone will make the decision to send him to Nigeria, elected political leaders would be the ones to decide if they should hand him over, cops are simply the tools used
Nnamdi Kanu have a dual citizenship.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Gireiboy(m): 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
See as dem take humble this guy grin

The Nigerian government wan cut off the head of a snake judicially grin They don't want to make the kind of mistake they make during Yusuf own.
grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1808) (1809) (1810) (1811) (1812) (1813) (1814) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.