Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1879) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3013792 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1876) (1877) (1878) (1879) (1880) (1881) (1882) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:55pm On Jul 21, 2021
EricBraven:

So it wasn't a collective effort that made those pilot for the alpha jet and helicopter pilot get winged.
Have you ever tried to know why the flying school is functioning that way?
Oga majority of NAF pilots had their ab-initio training abroad especially the helicopter pilots.
NCAT Zaria have a maximum carrying capacity of 20 students per set(Year) and still at that it will take you almost 4yrs to complete a standard pilot course as against two years, which is the standard. Administration, beaurocratic bottle neck has always been the issue as for the quality of the instructors they have the best instructors, technicians in the West African region, airlines even poach the instructors occasionally, but like I said collectively we can't seem to get out acts right. I have been to both the flight school in Enugu and NCAT Zaria I know the issues they're facing.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2021
ugo4u:

This isn't a fair analysis if they hadn't made overhead passes he would have been captured, that's by the way Pilot extraction in a hot zone that is densely forested isn't easy at all Putting into cognizance the fragile nature of helicopters even a corn shrub can damage the rotor of a helicopter if care isn't taken, you can't even insert troops in the middle of nowhere just like that as that could be also disastrous. Kudos should be given to both the Pilot and the first responders abeg, no be everything we go dey pick fault, even the US surferred a devastating ambush when a Chinook was brought down with soldiers inside in Afghanistan in similar operation to extract one of the special forces agent in 2005. na too much Hollywood dey make us feel say some of these operations are piece of cake.

If i had the time to debate this Sir, I would pick out a dozen loop holes from your explanations.. We hate small shrouds of criticism especially when they are obviously lapses. Imagine yourself or even a loved one in his shoes.

Placing emphasis on the fly past, it helped no doubts, but Sir, was that enough?. Let's analyse briefly, rescue team was sent and yet all his possible locations were invaded by bandit meaning they had the leisure of time to operate, if he were there he would have been captured, that's too much negligence.

Where was the rescue then?!, They barely slept at night, he said, no extraction team came to the village he passed the night in showed how porous the environment was as it wasn't patrolled enough.

That entire area would have been on a mini lock down.

Brethren, this man did 90% of the job to be safe.. AFN didn't do well, lesson are here to be learnt and that's my submission.
take it or leave it as this is my last on the issue.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2021
ugo4u:

This is a flight sim for Typerating and it was just installed recently. You said their are multiple private training and MRO facilities in the country, Oga please name them. We have MROs and yet our airlines fly abroad to do C-check and other maintenance abroad, it's even last year or so Air peace began talks of building an MRO facility in Asaba. Like I said earlier name one privately run aviation school in Nigeria do you think it's child play going into this heavily regulated sector?.
There is one in Maryland Lagos.
I don't remember the name.
They re popular tho.
It is a training school.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 7:58pm On Jul 21, 2021
QuietMynd:

There is one in Maryland Lagos.
I don't remember the name.
They re popular tho.
It is a training school.
Lol!! All those schools bare mushroom schools that don't have license from NCAA of you out your money there e don waka. Them plenty for Lagos, if you want I can even list them for you.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2021
Did I just read “Aircraft shot with an explosive”? I’ll need more clarification on this. Previously I felt Bandits got no AA and very limited RPG

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:
Did I just read “Aircraft shot with an explosive”? I’ll need more clarification on this. Previously I felt Bandits got no AA and very limited RPG

This bandits have access to AA/RPG and other higher calibre weapons.
Zamfara and Niger State have porous borders with Niger Republic, some of these bandits as surrender AAGs, this is no news again.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Coolliot: 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

So you don't know that most antiaircraft ammunition, are incidinery and explosive rounds to create max effect is they hit or explode causing maximum damage?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 9:00pm On Jul 21, 2021
cutievik:

If i had the time to debate this Sir, I would pick out a dozen loop holes from your explanations.. We hate small shrouds of criticism especially when they are obviously lapses. Imagine yourself or even a loved one in his shoes.

Placing emphasis on the fly past, it helped no doubts, but Sir, was that enough?. Let's analyse briefly, rescue team was sent and yet all his possible locations were invaded by bandit meaning they had the leisure of time to operate, if he were there he would have been captured, that's too much negligence.

Where was the rescue then?!, They barely slept at night, he said, no extraction team came to the village he passed the night in showed how porous the environment was as it wasn't patrolled enough.

That entire area would have been on a mini lock down.

Brethren, this man did 90% of the job to be safe.. AFN didn't do well, lesson are here to be learnt and that's my submission.
take it or leave it as this is my last on the issue.

The guy ran a distance of 30km, let even say their search radius is within that the exact 30km radius the pilot was which I doubt, how on earth do you lockdown a forest of terrain filled with mix of sandy areas and trees and no road network within 24hours.
Do you know how many soldiers and logistic requirement you'll need to lockdown an area like that within 24hrs.

People who make decisions like this have been in the job for years and have accumulated alot of experience overtime, you don't know more than they do.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:14pm On Jul 21, 2021
kikuyu1:
All this Tuc talk reminds me of the brand-new clean sheet, twin turbo prop attack plan, the TAV, Tactical Aerial Vehicle from Icarus in Quebec.
I FIRST saw the render year and immediately liked the concept.

https://skiesmag.com/news/flight-icarus-canadian-company-proposes-multirole-tactical-aircraft/

Loads of 1st hand experience from BOTH flyguys and ground support has gone into this product.

[url]https://www.icarus-aerospace.com/tactical-air-vehicle-tav//url]

The specs REALLY look good! Check out max payload, speed and G load ISN'T far from the F 16 max of 9 Gs.

I STILL can't see anything on price but this CPFH which frankly is high.

I'm hoping its max FAC is 12-15 $. Its a game changer for not just Africa but a tactical multi role craft. Properly deployed in pairs with sensors working and proper FACs in place BH backers will have to go back to the drawing board.
In fact

Also...

I've said before the world is overdue for a new OV 10 Bronco: this COULD be it, guys!

This aircraft is a hell of platform
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:18pm On Jul 21, 2021
ArabicBerber:

ISWAP "controls" NO significant territory or hold any sufficient sway in the North East. There limited to scavenging around Sambisa and Chad. The Tigray rebels literally control the Tigrey state/region in Ethiopia leaving hundreds of Ethiopian soldiers dead and taking thousands hostage all within a couple months. The Ethiopian President had to BEG the separatists for a ceasefire!

Understatement of the year. The Ethiopian Army got DESTROYED in Tigray.

angry Not this tired old story again. The Ethiopians defeated the Italians because the Italians at the time where the biggest jokes in Western Europe. The weakest of the Colonial Empires. Most African civilizations at the time could have defeated the Italians. The rest of Europe left Ethiopia alone because is wasn't part of the colonial agreements in Europe and the fact Ethiopia was the Sole Christian nation in Africa. If it where the British or French that attacked Ethiopia it would have been game over for Ethiopia.

The Italians came back in WW2 and washed Ethiopia sending the Selassie fleeing to England.

Below are captured Ethiopians soldiers rotting away awaiting that glorious Ethiopian Air support and rescue.

People want to joke about Nigeria, Mali, and Congo breaking but Ethiopia's about to show them up shattering like a vase.

Omo, thank God Nigeria dissolved the regional government crap.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 1:42am On Jul 22, 2021
cutievik:
when my jet got shot with the explosives and my flight controls were destroyed Wetin Bandits use?

NAF platforms overhead also helped me to deter them a lot by making some of them to pin down while I kept running,
all the decisions worked together to save my life.

Eg, removing my phone from my lap and putting it in my G -suit before pulling the ejection handle (I had to use the compass of the phone and AirNav Pro application to navigate), and making the decision to turn hard 90 degrees immediately the bandits lost sight of me on a sandy cliff where they couldn’t trace my footpath again (the CAS told me they got information that in turn, the bandits kept going straight in the direction I was initially going and they destroyed several villages and camps, killing plenty people, thinking those people harbored me). So much more… The village I eventually entered at night, I told God that the first person I see and call should favour me and that happened, he gave me clothes, pain-relieving drugs, food and water and even malt, and he organized for a bike to carry me to DanSadau

NAF did little, they haven't learnt how to safely locate and extract pilots, imagine using his own phone?! cry

I pity the people in the location he mentioned, the NA won't save them now and the poor Emir... undecided

Not his phone tho,
Every pilot do strap a mini tab on their lap when going for mission.
That's a standard SOP, I have personally seen that in countless videos released by naf.
Ugo4u, am I right.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 7:36am On Jul 22, 2021
willybaby:
your definitely right, but still kudos to the Nigerian Airforce for turning the alpha jets to a monster, they practically made the alpha a super Alpha grin
Armechi M346 this baby needs to have NAF painted on its tail

Absolutely! I think it's fair to say that the NAF's Alpha Jets have seen the MOST combat compared to everyone else.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:35am On Jul 22, 2021
U.S & Ivoirian special operations forces sharpen skills to counter violent extremists

“Training alongside partners not only sharpens our military skills but also builds the relationships we all need in difficult times,” said U.S. Navy Rear Adm. Jamie Sands, commander, U.S. Special Operations Command Africa . "We are proud to work alongside our Ivoirian counterparts as they face violent extremist encroachment on their northern border."

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:38am On Jul 22, 2021
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 9:44am On Jul 22, 2021
cutievik:

Eg, removing my phone from my lap and putting it in my G -suit before pulling the ejection handle (I had to use the compass of the phone and AirNav Pro application to navigate),

NAF did little, they haven't learnt how to safely locate and extract pilots, imagine using his own phone?! cry

I pity the people in the location he mentioned, the NA won't save them now and the poor Emir... undecided

I read this pilots note with great interest.

I have to say a GPS beacon and a satellite phone would have helped to locate the pilot imminently.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 10:54am On Jul 22, 2021
Off-topic

Our vaccination seems to be picking up.
Phase 1 was health care workers;
Phase 2a was over 60s;
Phase 2b was over 50s;
Phase 3 was teachers, police, military and prisons;
Phase 4 currently is over 35s.

And in other news we're now locally producing both Johnson & Johnson (1 jab) and Pfizer (2 jabs) vaccines for SA, the African continent and elsewhere in the world (for poorer countries sourcing through the COVAX facility).

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
j&j is useless, less effective and dangerous side effects. IMHO.
I'm getting my 2nd dose today after work. a bit nervous lol. I've called off work for tomorrow. in case i get fever, chills and headaches. i hate this

Lurker4Long:
Off-topic

Our vaccination seems to be picking up.
Phase 1 was health care workers;
Phase 2a was over 60s;
Phase 2b was over 50s;
Phase 3 was teachers, police, military and prisons;
Phase 4 currently is over 35s.

And in other news we're now locally producing both Johnson & Johnson (1 jab) and Pfizer (2 jabs) vaccines for SA, the African continent and elsewhere in the world (for poorer countries sourcing through the COVAX facility).

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by willybaby(m): 12:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
Massing up for an OP Hadin Kai show dem fire....

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
OPERATION HADIN KAI: COAS ISSUES OFFICIAL VEHICLES TO REGIMENTAL SERGEANT MAJORS OF THE NIGERIAN ARMY

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lieutenant General Faruk Yahaya is walking his talk, as he continues empowering Regimental Sergeant Majors (RSM) of the Nigerian Army to enhance their funtionality.

Lieutenant General Yahaya handed over keys and official documents of a brand new Toyota Hilux to the Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM) of Headquarters 7 Division, Master Warrant Officer Mohammed Babayo, during an operational visit to the Division on Wednesday, 21 July, 2021.

The COAS stated that the move is aimed at restoring the prestige associated with the office of an RSM, whom he described as the custodian of Nigerian Army customs, ethics and traditions. He also said RSMs in the Nigerian Army and the military globally, play pivotal role in refining, grooming, and putting the regimental lives of young officers and soldiers in check, when freshly deployed to the unit, on passing-out from their respective training institutions.

General Yahaya further disclosed that it is paramount to provide them with requisite logistics to enhance their confidence and competence in order to reinvigorate and empower them for their essential role as a bridge between the Commanders and the soldiers in the hierachy of the NA. He disclosed that he will ensure the construction of tied-down accommodation for the RSMs, as well as renovate existing dilapidated structures in Army Barracks to demonstrate his commitment in this regard.

It will be recalled that the COAS had earlier presented two Hilux vehicles to Army Headquarters and Army Headquarters Garrison RSMs, during the Nigerian Army Day Celebration (NADCEL) 2021 in Abuja.

ONYEMA NWACHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
22 July 2021

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:55pm On Jul 22, 2021
More...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
QuietMynd:

Not his phone tho,
Every pilot do strap a mini tab on their lap when going for mission.
That's a standard SOP, I have personally seen that in countless videos released by naf.
Ugo4u, am I right.
Ya thats the standard globally, even in commercial aviation. I'm yet to see a pilot that flies w/o one in this modern era of aviation.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
sizzorchan:
j&j is useless, less effective and dangerous side effects. IMHO.
I'm getting my 2nd dose today after work. a bit nervous lol. I've called off work for tomorrow. in case i get fever, chills and headaches. i hate this

The bolded being the operative sentiment. I'm going for my 2nd jab on 12 August. Just in time to get my vaccine passport so I can attend my cousin's wedding in Denmark in September.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2021
its an opinion plus fact. wanna risk blood clot? i wouldnt. and its efficacy is also low compared to moderna or pfizer. j&j vaccine now comes with a warning here in the US, due to potentially lethal side effects.
i took pfizer, which has the highest effectiveness of them all
Which one you getting? i believe j&j is single dose.

Lurker4Long:

The bolded being the operative sentiment. I'm going for my 2nd jab on 12 August. Just in time to get my vaccine passport so I can attend my cousin's wedding in Denmark in September.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 4:12pm On Jul 22, 2021
sizzorchan:
its an opinion plus fact. wanna risk blood clot? i wouldnt. and its efficacy is also low compared to moderna or pfizer. j&j vaccine now comes with a warning here in the US, due to potentially lethal side effects.
i took pfizer, which has the highest effectiveness of them all
Which one you getting? i believe j&j is single dose.

I also got Pfizer and i felt bad for about 2 days after receiving the first shot and then suddenly it was all gone. A Strange experience.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by sizzorchan: 5:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
odd, only got a little pain in my arm for a few days, nothing else. usually people dont get much symptoms from the 1st shot.
good thing you didn't catch covid itself lol. would have been bad for you smiley

SuperSixSeven:

I also got Pfizer and i felt bad for about 2 days after receiving the first shot and then suddenly it was all gone. A Strange experience.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
How far with the Wing Loong-2 UAV from China

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
French shipbuilder Ocea SSM has confirmed an order from the Nigerian Navy for a second offshore survey vessel.

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/ocea-2

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
tutudesz:
How far with the Wing Loong-2 UAV from China

Na so them dey ask, seems no one have idea when the drone will be coming in. This babies are very versatile and will change the game alot in insurgents/banditry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Content producer Paul Papel....with the JF-17 Thunder.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:03pm On Jul 22, 2021
[/b]#BREAKING Madagascar president survives assassination attempt.[b]

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by tutudesz: 6:07pm On Jul 22, 2021
bidexiii:

Na so them dey ask, seems no one have idea when the drone will be coming in. This babies are very versatile and will change the game alot in insurgents/banditry.
I hope they arrive soon O!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by RiceProducers: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2021
tutudesz:

I hope they arrive soon O!

One good thing with super tucano and drones is large repertoire of civillian, even commercial applications. There ways the NAF can earn N1bn per plane in a year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1876) (1877) (1878) (1879) (1880) (1881) (1882) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.