Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (1989) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3012765 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Rich4god(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2021
bidexiii:
Local Vigilantes arrest fleeing Bandit alongside his family members in Bakori LGA of Katsina.

So bandits too get family. And the wife and children are comfortable with what their father is doing. SMH

Reminds me of the Fulani woman that once said her husband has gotten a job with FG under kidnaping.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2021
Rich4god:

So bandits too get family. And the wife and children are comfortable with what their father is doing. SMH

[/b]Reminds me of the Fulani woman that once said her husband has gotten a job with FG under kidnaping.[b]

shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lami1996: 10:18am On Sep 11, 2021
ugo4u:

This is a Chinook helicopter, we don't have this in our inventory neither do we have any Pilot that is typerated on it. I remember GEJ made moves to get some from the Israelis but it was blocked by the US because of human rights violation accusations then.
Most likely that photo was Photoshopped.
It wasn't photoshopped,we ordered it during the military regime but sanctions blocked the delivery,it's still in the US though,I guess our government isn't just interested again ni,America is alot of stress

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2021
JOSCOFELIX:
oga odunayaw na your handwork be this grin wink
If na me nothing go remain at all. Grenade na your mate? grin

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaddyGoo: 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
MAN1960:
Please guys any info on this aircraft, I have search the entire Nigerian air force but active and none active helicopters through the help of Google but still can't find anything on this aircraft

We ordered (or planned to order) 7 airframes.

Even Boeing was afraid of US Government not approving the sale.

https://history.state.gov/historicaldocuments/frus1977-80v17p2/d22

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
An academic research from a lecturer in Usman Dan Fodio University on the whole banditry problem, how it started and how it is being sustained. This is just excerpts by daily news, I will be glad if anyone can share link to the full publication.

https://dailytrust.com/how-banditry-started-in-zamfara

The name of the publication is : I am a Bandit: A Decade of Research in Zamfara Bandit’s Den

Found a video on YouTube but the audio quality is very poor.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Odunayaw:
If na me nothing go remain at all. Grenade na your mate? grin
noooo cheesy
shocked
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
About 4 days ago, a bandit group released all its victims because they could no longer feed them as logistics has been cut off. Just read now that another bandit group is now demanding for food from families of victims. There are also reports that some of those escaping and attacking villages in their paths are doing so for food. The publication also mentioned how easier it is to get guns among the bandits but food is something no one will give you.

How can we weaponize hunger against them?

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Some pages from the publication with the profiles of some fo the bandit groups.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 12:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
Whyem15:
Some pages from the publication with the profiles of some of the bandit groups.

Good find Boss, I think we dwell too much on Kinetic solutions to our security problem.

The quality of work our Academics Chun out on solutions is mind-boggling. we really Ain't doing enough.

This picture best explains an all-inclusive approach to tackling instability

This approach is best shown in the NE theatre.

Dry season campaigns, raid raids(2 Ds), Mass surrender facilitated through the DSS's Suhul program(2 Ds).

resettling IDPs and reconstructing destroyed towns and Villages(Mallam Fatori etc 2Rs) Reintegrating low level BHTs and conscripts(2Rs)

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Toju200(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nigeria navy Helicopter pilots

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
lebuhsi:

Anybody interested in the University lecture " I AM A BANDIT" can get the PDF on the telegram group

Fascinating excerpts. unfortunately, there's no "bull in a China shop" solution to this problem. These guys are just going to disperse and it's business as usual once the heat dies down.

https://dailytrust.com/banditry-military-operation-falters-as-gunmen-choke-from-lack-of-fuel-others

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oasis001:

..... then I believe those people fetching woods and leaves in the forest would have come across the Bandits, known their Locations, yet couldn't help Security Agents with Information.

Let's just end the Discourse brother. I understand your Stance, apparently you don't want military to shed blood of innocent Nigerians.

Do you really believe that for decades the NA have not been absolutely aware of the location of various Islamist misguided groups like Boko and ISWAP .

However, The will from the very top to end this charade is simply not there.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Whyem15:
An academic research from a lecturer in Usman Dan Fodio University on the whole banditry problem, how it started and how it is being sustained. This is just excerpts by daily news, I will be glad if anyone can share link to the full publication.

https://dailytrust.com/how-banditry-started-in-zamfara

The name of the publication is : I am a Bandit: A Decade of Research in Zamfara Bandit’s Den

Found a video on YouTube but the audio quality is very poor.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cm6m7o9imdgsEdsE2ejeknNAQ0i1c48_/view?usp=drivesdk

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba24072: 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
lebuhsi:

Fascinating excerpts. unfortunately, there's no "bull in a China shop" solution to this problem. These guys are just going to disperse and it's business as usual once the heat dies down.

https://dailytrust.com/banditry-military-operation-falters-as-gunmen-choke-from-lack-of-fuel-others

I want to believe this write up...but what is ak 49? What is German ak 47? What's Apg?

And ak47 1.2 million naira, where there are surplus black market weapons lying around this market of the world? These few points makes me question the whole write up.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

I want to believe this write up...but what is ak 49? What is German ak 47? What's Apg?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

And ak47 1.2 million naira, where there are surplus black market weapons lying around this market of the world? These few points makes me question the whole write up.

Lack of knowledge and complacency from the researcher, I believe he's just regurgitating HUMINT. German "AK 47" could mean the G3 for instance, it is used widely by bandits in the NW

Apart from a few discrepancies such as this, he has done a very good job.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba24072: 4:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
lebuhsi:

Lack of knowledge and complacency from the researcher, I believe he's just regurgitating HUMINT. German "AK 47" could mean the G3 for instance, it is used widely by bandits in the NW

Exactly my point, the writer just sat down in one place and started been creative with almost no research , but with lots of eccentricity and imagination.....same thing our friendly Twitter mad man does too.
Things like this are the reasons I advocate for links and references to post.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lebuhsi(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

Exactly my point, the writer just sat down in one place and started been creative with almost no research , but with lots of eccentricity and imagination.....same thing our friendly Twitter mad man does too.

Check the PDF, there's at least 2 pages dedicated for references, sources and links.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by fufubear: 4:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

German AK is probably East German MPi-KM. The most easily discernerable variant being the KMS with its distinct side folding wire stock.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 4:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
Whyem15:
Some pages from the publication with the profiles of some fo the bandit groups.
Insights like this are needed on this thread before we have fantasies of military expeditions abroad.

Seems we have a massive demographic problem than we all knew. What are the odds of these groups also responsible for the genocide/insecurity in NC or their willingness to cause further issues for all in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

So you didn't read the PDF
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
A friendly sit out with Humanitarians and our new Brigade Commander.

Very necessary make PTSD no kill person for this Sambisa.

But I don’t understand why the Military spokesman was introducing the Brigade Commander as “The Dragon” shocked

Tho I noticed the badge on his right arm was a Fox or Wolf smiley

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
CAS VISITS FRONTLINE TROOPS IN MAIDUGURI, YOLA, CHARGES THEM TO SUSTAIN ONSLAUGHT AGAINST INSURGENTS

The Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Oladayo Amao has charged personnel of the Air Component of Operation HADIN KAI (OPHK) to sustain the current onslaught against terrorists and insurgents in the North East. He gave the charge while on an operational visit to frontline troops of 105 Composite Group, Maiduguri and 103 Strike Group, Yola. The visits which served as morale booster to personnel of the Air Component afforded the CAS the opportunity to interact with them with a view to addressing some of their immediate operational challenges.

On arrival in Maiduguri, Air Marshal Amao was briefed by the Air Component Commander, OPHK, Air Commodore Nnamdi Ananaba, who gave a summary of the major achievements recorded by the Air Component towards degrading the capabilities of insurgents in Borno State, especially in the last 30 days. The CAS thereafter commended the troops for their commitment to the current onslaught against insurgents in the North east, while urging them to sustain and maintain the momentum. According to him, 'The outcome of our air operations have been very encouraging and positive and we must sustain these efforts to remain on course towards meeting our overall end state of ridding the Region of these criminals.' He went on to charge the troops to remain focused and committed towards their operational objective. 'Absolute commitment, discipline and dedication is required at this point in time for us to get the job done', he said. The CAS also expressed optimism that the security threats confronting the country would soon be a thing of the past as the NAF, in synergy with other sister Services is working assiduously to flush out all criminal elements so as to enable all Nigerians go about their daily lives and businesses without fear. He went on to state that in view of the centrality of air power in joint operations, the NAF would continue to provide the much-needed air support for the surface forces in all theatres of operation in the country.

While at Yola, Air Marshal Amao expressed appreciation to the personnel for their commitment and dedication to duty and charged them to continue to synergize their efforts with other security agencies within their location. He also assured them that the entire Nation remains grateful for their sacrifice and commitment towards keeping Nigeria safe. During the interactive session, several issues pertaining to welfare, promotion and discipline, among others were addressed by the CAS on the spot.

The CAS was accompanied on the visit by some Branch Chiefs from Headquarters NAF and Air Officers Commanding Tactical Air Command and Air Training Command.

Edward Gabkwet
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

11 September 2021

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 10:36pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tobiloba24072:

Two years ago, an AK-47 riffle was sold around 450k+ which the writer acknowledged. So it's possible he's right or almost right.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 12, 2021
AskiaHarem:

Still no clear Photos, videos, or any hard evidence? Just text of faceless eyewitness accounts usual...
grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 12, 2021

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2021

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 9:54am On Sep 12, 2021
abiodunalasa:
But just walk zigzag pass when you see me for front line tongue

Correct guy, more tools dey come to help una finish off miscreants easily.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by MAN1960: 10:01am On Sep 12, 2021
Abeg make ona put the fear of God for their heart

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by JOSCOFELIX: 10:24am On Sep 12, 2021
abiodunalasa:
But just walk zigzag pass when you see me for front line tongue
rugged.they no reach una.abeg remember to the give oga odunyaw treatment to those bastard

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1986) (1987) (1988) (1989) (1990) (1991) (1992) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.