Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,853 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:40 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2045) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (2977416 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) ... (2198) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2021
An example of how a response to the attack on the rail line should be is to launch a thorough investigation to determine the particular camp that carried out the attack but while at that, most of the countries operational attack aircrafts, artilleries and other long distance weapons that have wide area effects should be deployed to attack all known terrorists and bandits camps across the country to let them know that there are certain lines that should never be crossed and if they do, not even a million human shields will save them.
Even animals understand messages passed with violence.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by cutievik: 6:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Lol grin

I can see you finally got some orgasms..... Topnotch!!!

Hope their 'Mighty Military in real life' has won some wars in recent times?

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
cutievik:

I can see you finally got some orgasms..... Topnotch!!!

Hope their 'Mighty Military in real life' has won some wars in recent times?

I don't have an answer to your question

But the UK is more peaceful than Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
And the same should be done with school abductions, it is only because those who carried out the first set of abductions lived to tell the tales that is why it has been recurring.

Government should attempt to negotiate the release of the students, then make sure they kill all those involved immediately after.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2021
Vaccination - chosen as the word of the year in South Africa.
Brings to mind this useful facility which incorporates all the data on vaccination on the continent, in one place: courtesy of the Africa Data Hub [Disclosure: various of my clients are invested in the Hub].
See what your country is doing; see what other countries are doing; see what vaccine your country is buying; see whether you depend on donations; etc...

https://theconversation.com/want-to-know-about-vaccine-rollouts-in-africa-click-on-a-country-here-and-find-out-168621

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2021
A slow but steady descent into chaos. That's what I'm seeing with this our country. More and more the government is losing control and every day we are less safe, more stressed, more hungry and more desperate.

Everyday new threats emerge and the security agencies are stretched even more thinner. Their focus these days seem to be on containment, but it's looking like they will soon be overwhelmed.

This is not gonna be pretty.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Your father is a blockhead while your mama nah dog

Own the homosexuality, batty boy
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Whyem15: 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
GabrielYulaw:
A slow but steady descent into chaos. That's what I'm seeing with this our country. More and more the government is losing control and every day we are less safe, more stressed, more hungry and more desperate.

Everyday new threats emerge and the security agencies are stretched even more thinner. Their focus these days seem to be on containment, but it's looking like they will soon be overwhelmed.

This is not gonna be pretty.

What would you advise?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GabrielYulaw(m): 6:58pm On Oct 21, 2021
Whyem15:

What would you advise?

Nothing. I'm done with giving advice.

It's not like the solution to our varied problems requires our going to Mount Olympus to consult Zeus and the old gods and beg for wisdom from Athena. The solutions we need are right in the open, but the government and elites are not interested in fixing anything.

The biggest issue is that the problems we face grow worse and worse the longer they are not fixed. For example, was insecurity this bad in October last year? Were bandits so bold the same time last year? These days they are confidently attacking military installations and shooting down our fighter jets.

I don't know about you all, but it's like I'm watching a high speed train crash in slo-mo and I'm helpless to stop it.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Thank you oooo, i was writing a response, then deleted it. why bother lol.
these are called soft targets for a reason.
cameras go do wetin,? lol.

Some just find it just float ideas or point fingers. I'm waiting for responses
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko: 7:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

It's not like the solution to our varied problems requires our going to Mount Olympus to consult Zeus and the old gods and beg for wisdom from Athena. The solutions we need are right in the open, but the government and elites are not interested in fixing anything.

The biggest issue is that the problems we face grow worse and worse the longer they are not fixed. For example, was insecurity this bad in October last year? Were bandits so bold the same time last year? These days they are confidently attacking military installations and shooting down our fighter jets.

I don't know about you all, but it's like I'm watching a high speed train crash in slo-mo and I'm helpless to stop it.
No security till we totally reform the satanist Nigerian Police Force. Tanks, jets, IFVs can’t fix this. The incompetence and corruption is costing us big.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Lurker4Long: 7:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

My man, you shall set forth at dawn; a great many of your compatriots have done so, never giving up; and none of us can!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQBC5URoF0s

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacino26(m): 7:46pm On Oct 21, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

Even the old gods will freeze in thoughts. The fact remains we didn't get here overnight. The events of today are evidence of systematic neglect to infrastructure and human capital.

We stopped expanding our social amenities and resorted to palliative importation; job loss in power, water works and feeder companies who provided auxiliary services to that sector. Same thing happened our rails, roads, Steel plants, the military and paramilitary services. The result is a cataclysmic boom of confusion everywhere.

We spend more to import military equipment because already the naira got no value, we are adjusting military doctrines because at time the men and women in the military were serving as bodyguards in Niger Delta, population is incredibly growing in the North with little or no education, the demographics shows the active bandits are within same age range with their pals down South doing yahoo and omonile. We have borrowed more than we generate and there's no end in sight for items naturally we shouldn't be doing that getting loans for. So even the old gods will advise we returned to our separate houses and come back when we have an idea what we want as a nation.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2021
Faithful007:
GabrielYulaw ocelot2006 JohnEagle96.

My main point isn't even on the helicopter. It is on the people. Nigeria needs to have a Special forces up to the level of green berets or rangers or seals. We can then go further beyond airstrikes, offensives and defence. Imagine shooting or picking up top BHTs at 2am in their own backyard.

The Nigerian Navy SBS are our own Tier 1 Special Ops unit, and they've proven themselves over & over in the fight against Boko Haram.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2021
GabrielYulaw:

What you saw was probably the Baretta ARX 160. Next to the SCAR it is probably the sexiest carbine in the world smiley

Why the prison service is using such a modern gun when most of the NA have rusty AK 47s is what I cannot explain.

EHEN!!!! That's exactly it � . Damn I was impressed with the Prison Service guys. And you've raised an excellent point: if the NPS can arm it's men with the Berreta ARX, why can't the army do away with those damn Nigerian copy (OBJ-006) of a Chinese copy (Type 56) of the Russian AK-47? For the love of God make the Beryl standard issue with the carbine versions reserved for Army Special Ops units and Airborne while we phase out those other damn rust sticks. Hell, even the NSCDC uses newer AK-74s with polymer frames. Our soldiers deserve better.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2021
upko:

The entire police bomb squad was at lekki yesterday, then the DSS were so busy denying lawyers access to court this morning.

We can’t even secure the rail network we spent $800m on, worse part is we still owe the Chinese.
We go learn by force.

The NSCDC, Railway security branch of the NPF, and DSS should be held responsible for this security breach. These attacks are becoming really scary. What I don't get is that Kaduna is pretty much a military state based on the military facilities and institutions there. Just declare a damn state of emergency is the state and roll out the military against the bandits before the cut off Kaduna fully.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Following the explosion that rocked the railway track of the Abuja to Kaduna corridor, the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC) has suspended train services along the route indefinitely.

The managing director of the NRC, Engr. Fidet Okhiria, who confirmed the attack, said the explosives damaged the rail tracks somewhere between Dutse and Rijana.

According to him, “there was an explosive on our rail track somewhere around Rijana and Dutse last night, and this damaged the tracks.

“Efforts are currently ongoing to ensure that the train services along the Kaduna-Abuja route are fully restored,”

The NRC had in a statement on its website, said the services were suspended for the safety of passengers and crew members.

Read more: https://www.newslead.ng/2021/10/21/nrc-suspends-abuja-kaduna-train-service-after-bomb-attack/
The police has released a statement that it wasn't an attack.. grin grin Wai!! It's was a mechanical fault.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ocelot2006(m): 9:11pm On Oct 21, 2021
Whyem15:

How else is the military supposed to take out these bandits? They always have human shields at every time.

The US military is also a gross violator of human rights. Many of their allies are also gross violators of human rights. It is pure politics.
War is ugly, especially when you are fighting people who are not subjected to any moral codes or laws made by man or God.

Maybe it's time we really think unconventionally. We want to carry out surgically, then I think we should really really REALLY look at improving our intelligence gathering and special operations capabilities and invest seriously/heavily in both our domestic intelligence service(s) and the military+police's special ops units/branches. Invest in our personnel, really invest in learning new skills (recon, hostage rescue, direct action, etc), invest in equipment, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SuperSixSeven: 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2021
ocelot2006:

The Nigerian Navy SBS are our own Tier 1 Special Ops unit, and they've proven themselves over & over in the fight against Boko Haram.

What is missing in the lineup is a Tier 2 Force with 2-3 Commando Battalions with capabilities somewhere between SF and regular Army units.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by upko: 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
ocelot2006:

EHEN!!!! That's exactly it � . Damn I was impressed with the Prison Service guys. And you've raised an excellent point: if the NPS can arm it's men with the Berreta ARX, why can't the army

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2021
pacino26:

Even the old gods will freeze in thoughts. The fact remains we didn't get here overnight. The events of today are evidence of systematic neglect to infrastructure and human capital.

We stopped expanding our social amenities and resorted to palliative importation; job loss in power, water works and feeder companies who provided auxiliary services to that sector. Same thing happened our rails, roads, Steel plants, the military and paramilitary services. The result is a cataclysmic boom of confusion everywhere.

We spend more to import military equipment because already the naira got no value, we are adjusting military doctrines because at time the men and women in the military were serving as bodyguards in Niger Delta, population is incredibly growing in the North with little or no education, the demographics shows the active bandits are within same age range with their pals down South doing yahoo and omonile. We have borrowed more than we generate and there's no end in sight for items naturally we shouldn't be doing that getting loans for. So even the old gods will advise we returned to our separate houses and come back when we have an idea what we want as a nation.
These are our real issues and until we see them as they are and address them as such, we will be running around in circles.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2021
SuperSixSeven:

What is missing in the lineup is a Tier 2 Force with 2-3 Commando Battalions with capabilities somewhere between SF and regular Army units.
Strike Group joins chat

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by komekn(m): 10:28pm On Oct 21, 2021
Roan77:
This is the reason it's always bad to buy weapons from US, because it's always comes with fling, and control, why are they stopping NAF from using the Tucano on bandits?
Are bandits not doing even more than terrorists are doing? They have bombed Abuja-Kaduna train.
They keep killing people, and I don't know why Nigerian government don't even want to declare them Terrorists, but they are quick to label Ipob terrorists.

You are calling terrorists bandits.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacino26(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Odunayaw:
Strike Group joins chat

Before the proliferation of SFs, the NPF had the PMF, a true force to record with in curbing insurrection and communal wars. Within same PMF they had the QIF (Quick Intervention Force) who deploy within minutes from the state headquarters to offer assistance till such crisis is quelled and they returned to base.
Having SBS as tier one, the AFSF should be the Delta here with the ONSA. 72 SF Makurdi should be upgraded same as other Recce Battalion with full gear to become the Strike/Counter Force. Then a robust QIG Quick Intervention Group with dedicated Air wing and MRAPs. I see no reason we will be loosing young men and women in the field if the military adopt this structure. The regular army can handle mop ups.

As for intelligence gathering, countries are getting past human assets and relying upon communication gadgets and voice matching. Read where the NSA and FBI flooded the dark web with encrypted devices only to use same and track over 300 drug lords within South America and the US. Every handheld device today is a listening device.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by pacino26(m): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
Inler77:

These are our real issues and until we see them as they are and address them as such, we will be running around in circles.

We're running out of circles already.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
ugo4u:

The police has released a statement that it wasn't an attack.. grin grin Wai!! It's was a mechanical fault.
This story will atleast makes us sleep better at night... Pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
So what do you call those women and children we've seen trooping out of the jungle from BH and ISWAP enclaves? aren't they civilians? if anything bh and co have more civilian captives and relatives in their midst. So how does that matter as regards to bandits and not to terrorists? personally i think they are one and thesame by the way

Faithful007:
The reason behind the restrictions on the use of the Tucano's is because of the nature of the current North-West Crisis. "Bandits" take many civilians hostage and live among civilians as well. The Nigerian government in desperation, has adopted a ruthless approach of effective but indiscriminate airstrikes, leading to substantial civilian casualties which may not make the news.

Also, some government officials even suggest an end to payment of ransom, so airstrikes would be conducted, whether civilians are held hostage or not. This would be in direct contravention of the US Foreign Policy. More specifically, Section 502B of the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended in 1978: "No security assistance may be provided to any country the government of which engages in a consistent pattern of gross violations of internationally recognized human rights."

So hope you guys get it, it's not about designation. Peace out.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:19pm On Oct 21, 2021
Sizzorkay:
Thank you oooo, i was writing a response, then deleted it. why bother lol.
these are called soft targets for a reason.
cameras go do wetin,? lol.

Cameras will make you know if there's a threat ahead na. And if there is, the train will be asked to stop or return to station while the security agents move in to probe and neutralise the threat.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFarouq: 11:31pm On Oct 21, 2021
youghs:

Cameras will make you know if there's a threat ahead na. And if there is, the train will be asked to stop or return to station while the security agents move in to probe and neutralise the threat.
Seriously bro, the route through which rail lines passes are remote areas, where there are no network and electricity,
Cameras wouldn't do a thing, because... Let assume we get solar powered ones, what about transmitting visuals to HQ.
It practically impossible as network in such areas are poor and if it will be transmitted through some other modes, u will need to build receiving outpost every 2 kilometres . Now do u know how long the rail line extend from Kano to Lagos...
And as for satellites that a no go, since the area it will be required to cover is across the Nation, the accurate positioning, and no of satellites required to cover this long routes is probably a work of fiction
As someone recently suggested here, we ought to have created a task force that will be focused on handling situations where bandits attack a train and take hostages.. and even provide personnel to escort the train..NSCDC is better option, they should put their so called special forces into this duties...

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2021
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:44pm On Oct 21, 2021
GeneralFarouq:

Seriously bro, the route through which rail lines passes are remote areas, where there are no network and electricity,
Cameras wouldn't do a thing, because... Let assume we get solar powered ones, what about transmitting visuals to HQ.
It practically impossible as network in such areas are poor and if it will be transmitted through some other modes, u will need to build receiving outpost every 2 kilometres . Now do u know how long the rail line extend from Kano to Lagos...
And as for satellites that a no go, since the area it will be required to cover is across the Nation, the accurate positioning, and no of satellites required to cover this long routes is probably a work of fiction
As someone recently suggested here, we ought to have created a task force that will be focused on handling situations where bandits attack a train and take hostages.. and even provide personnel to escort the train..NSCDC is better option, they should put their so called special forces into this duties...

I get your point tho.

Another option is to mount surveillance cameras on the train car so as to detect irregularities on the rail tracks and surroundings before getting to the spot.
This idea may be easier and more feasible.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
My issue with the cam idea is distance and response time, not to talk about the kilometers the train path passes, it will require tremendous resources.
if the idea is to simply warn and stop trains from proceeding, it could work i guess, but still doubt it. , but no way they will catch the perp

youghs:

(1) (2) (3) ... (2042) (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) ... (2198) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.