Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,896 members, 7,806,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (2046) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3010739 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
Inler77:

I don't think CCTV will cut it, may be a satellite. CCTVs are very easy to destroy especially in remote places.

Satallite is impossible. It will be too expensive and still won't give you the desired result.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by youghs: 11:48pm On Oct 21, 2021
Sizzorkay:
My issue with the cam idea is distance and response time, not to talk about the kilometers the train path passes, it will require tremendous resources.
if the idea is to simply warn , then sure, but no way they will catch the perp

We can dedicate one NAF AW109 or Bell for quick response.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 11:55pm On Oct 21, 2021
Is that the only rail line in Nigeria? just asking, i don't know. if not, what about the rest?
I haven't seen any country that does this ( protecting rail lines), i remember taking the train from New York to Georgia, took about 16hrs or so and the darn thing passed through bushes most of the time lol, there i was thinking i'd enjoy good scenery, nope, just bushes, in other words, unprotected areas.
I think Nigeria should focus on tapering down serious crimes, that's the only way, we don't have the resources for this. Deal with crimes in the country, dominate these forests i keep hearing about and provide opportunities to the youths, otherwise that country will continue to burn.

youghs:

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 5:22am On Oct 22, 2021
youghs:

Do you know how much it cost to operate an Agusta, for just an hour? This is not sustainable at all... We should imploy an all encompassing security strategy and that starts with identifying and attacking the bandits/ cum terrorists and their camps head-on, unrelentlessly. The gov't is still playing politics with banditry otherwise I don't see why they haven't been declared terrorist even though Lai Mohammed came on air to tell us that they can't be declared terrorists because they don't have flags and don't threaten the existence of Nigeria. El-Rufai have been begging FG to declare these guys as terrorists to no avail that's by the way sha the attack on the train was not surprising to me what was surprising is that it took them this long to begin to attack the trains, all the big men abandoned Kad - Abj road for the trains and you think the bad guys won't change strategy?
It will take a while before train services will be restored on that route as it is impossible to monitor the tracks for that distance.
Politicians and high ranking individuals will abandon the trains for the air till Bandits acquire Manpads.. oooo! I even forgot the road leading to the Kaduna airport is even worse in terms of insecurity than the Kad-Abj highway... State/community policing still remains the best way to go an El-Rufai would have taken very decisive decisions if had control of the Police.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 7:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Drones, helicopters, satellites, policemen, ncdc and special forces for Abuja-Kaduna railway line.There's on ground or being constructed or planned......
Itakpe-Warri
Lagos-Kano
Lagos-Ibadan
Port Hacourt-Maiduguri
Port Hacourt-Lagos and
Kano-Maradi railway lines. How many of these can we deploy?
The CHEAPEST and EASIEST solution is... The military Kick their mutherfvcking asses back to the 7th Century. Simple.

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Hundreds of women in Tsafe Local Government Area of Zamfara State on Thursday blocked Gusau-Kaduna Road to protest against persistent attacks by bandits despite security measures by the state government.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/commuters-stranded-as-zamfara-women-block-road-protest-bandits-attacks/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 22, 2021
ugo4u:

State/community policing still remains the best way to go an El-Rufai would have taken very decisive decisions if had control of the Police.
I don't see the FG lead by GMB supporting State Police. Few days ago, the Federal Government said they are going to release money for community policing.

The GMB lead administration have been talking about community policing since their first tenure.

This Government is not so serious about State or Community Police at all.

We suppose don get Community Police as at now.

Only God knows why Nigeria Government no like to dey try new things.

This Government keeps on doing the same thing while Insecurity is getting worst.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
I don't see the FG lead by GMB supporting State Police. Few days ago, the Federal Government said they are going to release money for community policing.

The GMB lead administration have been talking about community policing since their first tenure.

This Government is not so serious about State or Community Police at all.

We suppose don get Community Police as at now.

Only God knows why Nigeria Government no like to dey try new things.

This Government keeps on doing the same thing while Insecurity is getting worst.

Is the presidency responsible for constituting state police or is it the National Assembly? You glorified illiterate

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2021
WoeBetide666:

Is the presidency responsible for constituting state police or is it the National Assembly? You glorified illiterate

I have never seen your comment without insults

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 9:35am On Oct 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

I have a short temper and I love Nigeria like a wife. I nearly killed someone for insulting Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 22, 2021
WoeBetide666:

If you don't know how powerful the President is in Nigeria, even if I explain you will be so daft to understand.

If GMB wants the National Assembly to make sure state police is possible, he will do so before the end of this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/07/28/revealed-how-buhari-put-two-northerners-in-charge-of-federal-character-commission/%3famp=1

Even though is against the law, GMB appointed two Northerners in a position, Some PDP members were against it in the senate, cause is against federal character principle, the senate still gave the two Northerners the go ahead.

If you won't be using your sense before quoting me, I will not just stop replying your mention, I won't even be taking a look at it.

It seems you're so daft to know the National Assembly is presently in GMB pocket grin

If what I post on this thread is fraustrating your life, that's your business... NOT MINe

8 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2021
I thought maybe use of 'palisade fences' might work out for the whole stretch of the tracks with CCTV at intermittent positions assuming electricity wasn't a problem.

Or if this is going to keep becoming a security issue, time to go for TBMs and start doing the tracks underground.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Tobiloba24072: 9:54am On Oct 22, 2021
SamuelAnyawu:

Nah josco second personality.

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2021
There was tension around the palace of Eze Aro in Arochukwu town, Arochukwu local government area of Abia State, following a gun battle Soldiers...

There was tension around the palace of Eze Aro in Arochukwu Local Government Area of Abia State, on Wednesday, as soldiers and militants of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) exchanged gunfire

Security Sources confirmed to our correspondent that five members of the outlawed group fell to the superior firepower of the armed gang.

The IPOB militants were said to have stormed the community to the enforce “sit-at-home” order declared by the outlawed group .

IPOB had asked residents to remain indoors on days that Nnamdi Kanu, its leader, is arraigned in court.

Kanu was arraigned on a 7-count charge at an Abuja court on Thursday and he pleaded not guilty.

A source said immediately residents of the area got news that the IPOB leader had been brought to court, they took to the streets in celebration.

The source said the IPOB members, who were also in a jubilant mood that Kanu is alive, contrary to reports they had been getting about the safety of the separatist leader, marched on the streets.

On arriving the First Bank axis of the town, the IPOB members exchanged gunfire with soldiers.

The security source said five members of the pro-Biafra group bowed to the superior firepower of the troops.

He said the gunshots caused pandemonium in Arochukwu, as residents scuttled into nearby bushes.

https://www.mcebiscoo.com/breaking-ipob-militants-gunned-down-in-abia/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2021
BlackBaron:
I thought maybe use of 'palisade fences' might work out for the whole stretch of the tracks with CCTV at intermittent positions assuming electricity wasn't a problem.

Or if this is going to keep becoming a security issue, time to go for TBMs and start doing the tracks underground.

Fencing can't work. That's a distance of over 200km. It runs through many villages bisecting them. People must cross the railway lines to get to different places or even see their next door neighbours. Cameras can't work either because of distance and remoteness. Don't bring up tracking with helicopter.

Best solution is to hit the criminals hard, pursue and decimate them. Until that is done, there will be no respite. Before, criminals run and hide from people and authorities, now, people and authorities run and abandon space for criminals. You will see a man in clean dress followed by one or two armed military orderly going to take train because oga soja doesn't want to be kidnapped by criminals on highway.

Funnily, some months back, I argued with someone on the train from Kaduna to Abuja that it is only a matter of time before they hijack a train, and once the first happens, many more will follow. The first just happened.

By the way, Monguno said the new Amirof ISWAP, Mallam Bako or whatever, has been killed yesterday.

11 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 10:53am On Oct 22, 2021
homerac7:

Fencing can't work. That's a distance of over 200km. It runs through many villages bisecting them. People must cross the railway lines to get to different places or even see their next door neighbours. Cameras can't work either because of distance and remoteness. Don't bring up tracking with helicopter.

Best solution is to hit the criminals hard, pursue and decimate them. Until that is done, there will be no respite. Before, criminals run and hide from people and authorities, now, people and authorities run and abandon space for criminals. You will see a man in clean dress followed by one or two armed military orderly going to take train because oga soja doesn't want to be kidnapped by criminals on highway.

Funnily, some months back, I argued with someone on the train from Kaduna to Abuja that it is only a matter of time before they hijack a train, and once the first happens, many more will follow. The first just happened.

A bit of planning would be needed. Intersections for human crossing can be made. Deploying a few 100s-1000 personnel is a waste of manpower especially now we do not have enough soldiers.

CCTV can be at strategic spots, eg places with high human traffic. Regular pruning of trees, bushes close to the tracks, occasional patrols might help too.

There are models out there that could be studied to find a solution to this.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 11:18am On Oct 22, 2021
BlackBaron:

A bit of planning would be needed. Intersections for human crossing can be made. Deploying a few 100s-1000 personnel is a waste of manpower especially now we do not have enough soldiers.

CCTV can be at strategic spots, eg places with high human traffic. Regular pruning of trees, buses close to the tracks, occasional patrols might help too.

There are models out there that could be studied to find a solution to this.

Let me ask you... Have you travelled the route before? .... I mean at daytime. Have you?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:23pm On Oct 22, 2021
homerac7:

Let me ask you... Have you travelled the route before? .... I mean at daytime. Have you?
In fact en. Some are talking like its intracity light rail. I tire

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
pacino26:

As for intelligence gathering, countries are getting past human assets and relying upon communication gadgets and voice matching. Read where the NSA and FBI flooded the dark web with encrypted devices only to use same and track over 300 drug lords within South America and the US. Every handheld device today is a listening device.
Intelligence analysis is harder than just gathering. Even the NSA struggles Sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by WoeBetide666: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
If you don't know how powerful the President is in Nigeria, even if I explain you will be so daft to understand.

If GMB wants the National Assembly to make sure state police is possible, he will do so before the end of this year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2021/07/28/revealed-how-buhari-put-two-northerners-in-charge-of-federal-character-commission/%3famp=1

Even though is against the law, GMB appointed two Northerners in a position, Some PDP members were against it in the senate, cause is against federal character principle, the senate still gave the two Northerners the go ahead.

If you won't be using your sense before quoting me, I will not just stop replying your mention, I won't even be taking a look at it.

It seems you're so daft to know the National Assembly is presently in GMB pocket grin

If what I post on this thread is fraustrating your life, that's your business... NOT MINe

Copy and paste mumu. What do you know.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by DaddyGoo: 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2021
BlackBaron:

Even worse security wise.

It's a nightmare to defend a tunnel in advanced nations, never mind in this our wahala.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 1:04pm On Oct 22, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 1:26pm On Oct 22, 2021
DaddyGoo:

Even worse security wise.

It's a nightmare to defend a tunnel in advanced nations, never mind in this our wahala.
Many advanced countries don't have this problem. How many terrorists have you heard in tunnels. CCTV covers entry points of tunnels, pray tell how you'll get there.

homerac7:

I haven't.
But if geography and poor planning is why this can't be implemented, then that's on the government and the planners.

Any country deploying troops to secure 200km of rail tracks is already a failed state. Toss it in the bin.

An alternative is to create a Nigerian Transport Police or similar.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 2:13pm On Oct 22, 2021
Double
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nemesis4you: 2:16pm On Oct 22, 2021
Double
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Roan77: 2:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
WoeBetide666:

I have a short temper and I love Nigeria like a wife. I nearly killed someone for insulting Nigeria

grin grin

Calm down Bru, I understand you.

Some of us love Nigeria, but we have terrible leaders.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian security forces have killed the new leader of an Islamic State-linked extremist group blamed for killing hundreds in Nigeria and neighboring West African countries, a senior security official said on Friday.

Nigeria’s national security adviser Babagana Monguno said that Malam Bako, who recently succeeded Abu Musab al-Barnawi as leader of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), was “taken out” by troops earlier this week.

Bako's death could not be independently verified and there was no immediate confirmation from ISWAP. The development would be another heavy blow on ISWAP following last week's announcement by the Nigerian military that al-Barnawi was killed.

Bako was in August appointed a member of the Shura Council, ISWAP’s consultative assembly, as the militants consolidated their position in the Lake Chad basin following the death of rival leader Abubakar Shekau of the Boko Haram extremist group.

Monguno praised Nigerian security forces fighting the extremist rebels in the northeast and the Lake Chad basin for doing “an excellent job” after eliminating ISWAP's leader and his successor within a span of a month.

He said the IS-linked group is facing a leadership crisis and that Nigerian military operations have put “a lot of pressure” on ISWAP and its rival Boko Haram.

The reported killing of al-Barnawi and Bako have refocused attention to the conflict in Nigeria’s northeast, that began 12 years ago with an insurgency launched by the Boko Haram.

The Nigerian military recently announced that about 6,000 militants have so far surrendered following Shekau’s death in June this year. Security experts told the AP that most of those surrendering were forced to join Boko Haram under Shekau or didn't want to associate with ISWAP, which has been Boko Haram’s rival since the groups' 2016 split.

Unlike Boko Haram which often violently targets civilian populations, ISWAP targets the Nigerian military and those who aid soldiers.

IS has also tried to capitalize on Shekau's death by launching a massive recruitment drive and gaining more Boko Haram-held territories especially within the Sambisa forest.

The United Nations Development Program estimates that the conflict has resulted in 350,000 deaths, with 314,000 of those from indirect causes.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Sizzorkay: 3:09pm On Oct 22, 2021
350k deaths? how accurate is that
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by homerac7: 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
BlackBaron:

Many advanced countries don't have this problem. How many terrorists have you heard in tunnels. CCTV covers entry points of tunnels, pray tell how you'll get there.

I haven't.
But if geography and poor planning is why this can't be implemented, then that's on the government and the planners.

Any country deploying troops to secure 200km of rail tracks is already a failed state. Toss it in the bin.

An alternative is to create a Nigerian Transport Police or similar.

It's basically over 200km stretch through open Savannah.

That also tells you why most roads up north can't be so policed. The distance between Zaria to Sokoto is about 7-8 hrs drive through vast expanse of Savannah only seldomly interspersed by settlements, villages and few major towns/cities. Same thing you obtain when you travel eastwards to Maiduguri, and onwards to Ngala

It is difficult to comprehend these things very well when one is only familiar with geography of the southern part of the country. The north is basically an open and sparsely inhabited space.

I think Nigerian military and police should invest heavily in medium and long endurance drones for patrol and tracking, and combine that with QRF actions.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
Amamzalla John Danladi Joseph, the Chairman of Kurmi Local Government Area of Taraba State, has decried the presence of Cameroonian soldiers in some villages of his council.

The foreign soldiers, he said, have been going about harassing and intimidating the villagers with the pretext of searching for their citizens who had fled to the area.

The country, it would be recalled, had in the past years been facing a civil war following the quest for self independence by some sections of the country.

The upheaval has forced some of its citizens to flee to some parts of Taraba as refugees.

Joseph claimed the soldiers were in Mairogo and Tosso.

“The residents of Mairogo and Tosso villages were repeatedly intimidated by the Cameroonian soldiers who claimed they were searching for Ambazonian agitators who fled Cameroon at the heat of their clash recently and took refuge in some communities in the area.”

The chairman, who also said he and the Commanding Officer in charge of the Nigerian Army 93 Battalion in Takum council of the state, in company of no fewer than 60 soldiers, visited the villages at the instance of the state governor, Arc. Darius Dickson Ishaku, said he was displeased with the acts of the foreign soldiers.

He however reassured the people of the affected villages of the commitment of the state government towards protecting their lives and property from external aggression.

Urging the people to remain calm and cease from acts capable of truncating the peace of the areas, the government, according to him, will not only work round the clock to ensure their safety but will also bring to an end the invasion and intimidation being perpetrated by the foreign soldiers.

About five out of the 16 local government councils of the state, play host to persons who fled the country following the breakdown of law and order that have led to wanton destruction of lives and properties.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/22/cameroonian-soldiers-invades-taraba-communities/

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Shaytun: 4:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
NNS ARADU

9 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2021
Sizzorkay:
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigerian security forces have killed the new leader of an Islamic State-linked extremist group blamed for killing hundreds in Nigeria and neighboring West African countries, a senior security official said on Friday.

Nigeria’s national security adviser Babagana Monguno said that Malam Bako, who recently succeeded Abu Musab al-Barnawi as leader of the Islamic State in West Africa Province (ISWAP), was “taken out” by troops earlier this week.

Bako's death could not be independently verified and there was no immediate confirmation from ISWAP. The development would be another heavy blow on ISWAP following last week's announcement by the Nigerian military that al-Barnawi was killed.

Bako was in August appointed a member of the Shura Council, ISWAP’s consultative assembly, as the militants consolidated their position in the Lake Chad basin following the death of rival leader Abubakar Shekau of the Boko Haram extremist group.

Monguno praised Nigerian security forces fighting the extremist rebels in the northeast and the Lake Chad basin for doing “an excellent job” after eliminating ISWAP's leader and his successor within a span of a month.

He said the IS-linked group is facing a leadership crisis and that Nigerian military operations have put “a lot of pressure” on ISWAP and its rival Boko Haram.

The reported killing of al-Barnawi and Bako have refocused attention to the conflict in Nigeria’s northeast, that began 12 years ago with an insurgency launched by the Boko Haram.

The Nigerian military recently announced that about 6,000 militants have so far surrendered following Shekau’s death in June this year. Security experts told the AP that most of those surrendering were forced to join Boko Haram under Shekau or didn't want to associate with ISWAP, which has been Boko Haram’s rival since the groups' 2016 split.

Unlike Boko Haram which often violently targets civilian populations, ISWAP targets the Nigerian military and those who aid soldiers.

IS has also tried to capitalize on Shekau's death by launching a massive recruitment drive and gaining more Boko Haram-held territories especially within the Sambisa forest.

The United Nations Development Program estimates that the conflict has resulted in 350,000 deaths, with 314,000 of those from indirect causes.

How are we killing ISWAP leaders? Through Soldiers on ground or Air strike.
The way our security personnel are reporting these deaths is kinda quite confusing.

Here in Borno it is claimed that Al-Barnawi was injured in an ambush by loyalists of Shekau around mandara area.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2043) (2044) (2045) (2046) (2047) (2048) (2049) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.