Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,826 members, 7,798,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3000943 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jul 21, 2018
Some systems carry their own power source

The DG sets r at the rear

2 or 3 African countries operates the tripod mounted BFSR

U will be spoiled for choice , many companies make them

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MS3ILLQXVE

This shows the BFSR in use with reconnaissance units.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:26pm On Jul 21, 2018
nemesis8u:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MS3ILLQXVE

This shows the BFSR in use with reconnaissance units.

The video isn't available for 3rd world countries. grin grin

SMH
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 21, 2018
Xbee007:

SMH

Seriously ?

Damn the historyTV and YouTube
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 21, 2018
Xbee007:

SMH

How did you know that the Video is not available for "3rd world countries" ? undecided

because we can't watch in Nigeria does not mean people from Ghana or even Niger cant too... Neither does it mean people from United States or Pakistan can actually watch it.

Nemesis8u see the actual response

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 21, 2018
Xbee007:

SMH

If u want

Copy paste this on Ur browser to watch

https://www.you***tube.com/v/8MS3ILLQXVE

It will then override the YouTube and history TV settings

Remove the 3 *** before pasting

Trick is to replace https://www.youtube.com/[b]watch?v=[/b]8MS3ILLQXVE with v/
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 9:42pm On Jul 21, 2018
abiodunalasa:

How did you know that the Video is not available for "3rd world countries" ? undecided

because we can't watch in Nigeria does not mean people from Ghana or even Niger cant too... Neither does it mean people from United States or Pakistan can watch it.

Nemesis8u see the actual response
Relax dude, it was a joke. grin

I have seen YouTube videos of our neighbouring Africans that are not available for Nigerians to watch unless you tweak your IP address.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 21, 2018
nemesis8u:

If u want

Copy paste this on Ur browser to watch

https://www.you***tube.com/v/8MS3ILLQXVE

It will then override the YouTube and history TV settings

Remove the 3 *** before pasting

Bro it's the same thing... It has to do with IP address.
There's nothing we can do from here except you want us to hack YouTube. grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 21, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Bro it's the same thing... It has to do with IP address.
There's nothing we can do from here except you want us to hack YouTube. grin

grin grin grin

Want to see how u look in prison dress

Anyways the video also had some of the samukyta integrated EW system in deployment , u would seen how large it is even with some of the subsystems deployed at 150 vehicles. It also has a satellite interception system shown.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 10:19pm On Jul 21, 2018
Great compile @ nemesis8u

I think also the use of hesco or wire mesh should be introduced. Even a DIY contraption will do, an outer mesh supported by sandbags on the inside. Hesco barriers are just an outer steel mesh or gabion with a plastic tarp on the inside. It's foldable, can be easily stacked unassembled on a truck.

The issue is the without the use of earth moving equipment, it might be a problem to fill them up within a time frame. This then boils down again to doctrine as there looks to be little heavy equipment in the Nigerian army set up.
The Syrians heavily used bulldozers, caterpillars and during their insurgency to regularly build obstructions to the point where they even uparmoured them.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2018
BlackBaron:
Great compile @ nemesis8u

I think also the use of hesco or wire mesh should be introduced. Even a DIY contraption will do, an outer mesh supported by sandbags on the inside. Hesco barriers are just an outer steel mesh or gabion with a plastic tarp on the inside. It's foldable, can be easily stacked unassembled on a truck.

The issue is the without the use of earth moving equipment, it might be a problem to fill them up within a time frame. This then boils down again to doctrine as there looks to be little to no love for heavy equipment in the Nigerian set up.
The Syrians heavily used bulldozers, caterpillars and during their insurgency to regularly build obstructions to the point where they even uparmoured them.

Yes

Anyways the most important thing is selecting the proper location of the base based on terrain and surrounding features.

It will then significantly cut down base build up costs as the defences can be built along the natural defensive features ie exploit the terrain itself.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
CNS with MD Goa Shipyard

“Honoured to host VAdm Ibok-Ete Ekwe Ibas, Chief of the Naval Staff, Nigerian Navy at on 19TH July 2018. Wide range of discussions were held on defence cooperation including long term support by GSL for acquisition of platforms by Nigerian Navy.”

6 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:01am On Jul 22, 2018
allexpensive:
Yes but not active on the field. Training and advice.
Good to know
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 9:04am On Jul 22, 2018
allexpensive:

This question is in regards to your exposé on 72MSF

-Is that unit still active or it has been merged with AHSG

-Since AFSF & AHSG are top level units, why not the higher ups designate equipments permanently to them

- I do not understand NAF's SOC, I expect a squadron or two of Helos &/or UAV to be domiciled within the command specifically for special missions
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 9:16am On Jul 22, 2018
[quote author=bidexiii post=69581747][/quote]

How can I message you privately?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:18am On Jul 22, 2018
allexpensive:

Yes but not active on the field. Training and advice.
You superiors will soon force u outta this thread when you are revealing too much... just like they have done to other officers on this noble thread.
Keep your contributions short and rare. And go under the radar every now and then. wink smiley... lest DIA will p*imp your phone.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 22, 2018
nemesis8u:

grin grin grin

Want to see how u look in prison dress

Nah... it's just some basic hacking they won't even know I did it.
Anyways, I have watched the video . Thanks

I hope Indian military enthusiasts are not seeing Nigeria as a threat because of our romance with PAK Army
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

You superiors will soon force u outta this thread when you are revealing too much... just like they have done to other officers on this noble thread.
Keep your contributions short and rare. And go under the radar every now and then. wink smiley... lest DIA will p*imp your phone.
nigg' what's ur own? undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I hope Ind military enthusiasts are not seeing Nige..a as a threat because of our romance with P... Army

Seriously ? grin grin grin

Nobody gives a rat's ass about what military enthusiasts or fanboys think or say.

Those in power will not even glance at the same even if their life depended on it grin

U have my 110% guarantee on that

Though in Ind.. they r concerned about another thing.

Few days ago 2 nige.... were caught in ind... working for i/si.

There was similar incidents in the past.

This is a matter of grave concern.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 12:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
joshingjosh:

How can I message you privately?

Just click on my profile and send me a private/DM.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by samfibby(m): 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2018
ugo4u:
This is the nature of the treacherous terrain troops face especially during the raining season.
Let's always keep them in prayers.

The terrain is just as disadvantageous to our men as it is to BTH, except if of course they have quickly adapted to the condition than we have. This is where we need the Airforce to be more proactive. Seek these bastards out as quick as possible, demobilize the mobility asset.

If we wont walk, then they wont run. But we can fly
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by CaptainStephen(m): 1:38pm On Jul 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

I hope Indian military enthusiasts are not seeing Nigeria as a threat because of our romance with PAK Army
Our romance with both nations go way back.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2018
abiodunalasa:

The rule is not that strict on we officers in as much as we don't give out operational informations or details that when observed can act as a potential information to anyone out there gathering information.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:46pm On Jul 22, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

TROOPS ENCOUNTER BOKO HARAM AMBUSH IN SASAWA

1. Troops of 233 Battalion deployed in Operation LAFIYA DOLE have neutralised scores of Boko Haram terrorists today 21 July 2018 along Sasawa Road in Babbangida Local Government Area of Yobe State while countering an ambush staged by elements of Boko Haram terrorists.

2. The troops encountered the ambush during a fighting patrol to clear the general area of fleeing elements of Boko Haram terrorists who have been on rampage for food and logistics.

3. The gallant troops overpowered and neutralized the insurgents in the fire fight that ensued and successfully extricated themselves from the ambush.

4. Information have so far confirmed that the insurgents whose original mission was to attack and loot the near by Babbangida market for food and other logistics aborted the mission to stage the ambush on getting wind of the troops patrol.

5. Unfortunately, while fighting through the ambush, the troops recorded some casualties.

6. The situation has been brought under firm control by the troops and additional troops have been drafted to the area to reinforce the patrol troops.

7. The Air Task Force is on aerial surveillance of the general area to track down fleeing terrorists survivors .

8. The good people of Babbangida Local Government Area and Yobe state in general are urged not to panic but to remain calm and steadfast.

9. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable medium.

10. Thank you for your kind support and cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2018
Hundreds Benefit From NDA Free Medical Outreach

Over four hundred Nigerians have benefitted from the Nigerian Defence Academy Medical Outreach to residents of Anchuna Sarki community in Zangon Kataf Local Government Area of Kaduna State, an event which was organized by the NDA Medical Centre.

The free medical outreach, which forms part of activities around the ongoing Exercise Camp Highland for cadets of 65RC (Army) and 66RC (Navy and Air Force), saw a team of medical experts like doctors, dentists, opticians, nurses, laboratory scientists and other auxiliary medical personnel from the Academy provide free medical services, ranging from treatment to various medical problems , eye sicknesses, dental issues and a host of other medical conditions to residents of Anchuna Sarki and environs.

Flagging Off the event, Commandant of the Nigerian Defence Academy, Major General A Oyebade, noted that the event provides another view of military/civil relations, where the military provides much needed humanitarian services to the civilian population.

He indicated that the event which help broaden the minds of young cadets to fully appreciate the need to affect the lives of civilians around them when they are eventually commissioned as officers of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

In the same tone, the Agwom Ikulu of Ikulu Chiefdom, HRH Yohanah S Kukah, commended the Commandant and the entire staff and cadets of NDA on what he termed a historic event in the life of Ikulu Chiefdom, noting that the medical outreach has given members of his community a sense of belonging.

He further commended the armed forces for their tireless fight against insurgents and extremists in various parts of the country.

Following the outreach, the Academy also donated text books, treated mosquito nets and several items to members of the community.

Further to these, the Commandant, Maj Gen A Oyebade, while reacting to a request by the Agwom Ikulu for NDA to assist the community with the provision of clean source of water, made a solemn premise on behalf of the Academy to provide two boreholes for the community.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by GeneralFeezy(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2018
allexpensive:

The rule is not that strict on we officers in as much as we don't give out operational informations or details that when observed can act as a potential information to anyone out there gathering information.

Boss abeg I've been waiting for Nigerian Army DSSC form for ages. Please can I have a private chat with you on this matter?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 3:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
allexpensive:

Nigeria currently has the largest foreign external reserve in Africa. Wetin you yarn na true.

I made mention about something similar here especially while talking about the tethered blimp. Nigeria lacks some little capabilities that are even expected of it.

This is not an issue of money but something being influenced politically. The CNS wants frigate, corvette etc but politically you need to find a way to make them approve of this. It's not the military or president's fault.

We have the funds but then maybe politicians are being intimidated by military capability. A complete threat assessment for the nation should be done and an executive order should be signed by the president to release funding for the military.
It's Algeria

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
This question is in regards to your exposé on 72MSF

-Is that unit still active or it has been merged with AHSG

-Since AFSF & AHSG are top level units, why not the higher ups designate equipments permanently to them

- I do not understand NAF's SOC, I expect a squadron or two of Helos &/or UAV to be domiciled within the command specifically for special missions
72MSF is still active. I think they now operate with men of the 7th division. I don't have much idea about their current state as I am about air ops here. Most times we need to roll out, it's with the AFSF. We do back up a team in distress if we're the nearest to them.

The operational areas in the north east is very large so AFSF & AHSG are being deployed to various places. You can't field all units with high tech equipments. They also have the phantom with then to monitor their surroundings.

To be precise, AFSF operational area is large that you need huge money to equip them well. That's a normal thing with SFs all over the world but here in Nigeria, we don't have the money. We have non SF unit in the NE and they need the attention too. These boys are doing very well too. Coming under several ambush in a day and not knowing if you'll see the next.

ON SOC

They're working very well. In this war, many things are involved and at times you wonder why? But the answer lies up there. It's a game. We don kill bht, bomb bht, but then no dey finish. At times, ISR don't lead to immediate execution. You need to monitor for days.

Have you heard about the FUSION counter terrorism center? The heart of the Nigerian counter terrorism / insurgency intelligence center.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2018
QuietMynd:

It's Algeria
Thanks for this.
The media has taken Algeria out of Africa and then concentrate on Nigeria and South Africa.

Algeria has a very large reserve. I see why they have no issues with military procurement.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2018
GeneralFeezy:

Boss abeg I've been waiting for Nigerian Army DSSC form for ages. Please can I have a private chat with you on this matter?

I am with NAF and I have few information about that but you can @ me with your email address. I will forward it to a friend who will contact you.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2018
NNSBS

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 3:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
NNSBS
Still the most dangerous asset Nigeria has which is known to the public.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (610) (611) (612) (613) (614) (615) (616) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.