Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3012524 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2018
allexpensive:

I'm sure Mr President gave the go on on his dismissal. My only issue is with Yomi Shogunle. A young senior officer who lacks professionalism.

I'm waiting for his men to embarrass me again.
Just look @ the pics of those shameless hordes forming commando on armless civilians while true warriors are battling in the scorching heat of the NE.
They should just disarm this guys, they ought to be carrying baton garri stick. Let the CJTF be handed their rifles, e better for us like that since its an abomination for army to carry better gun.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 3:41pm On Aug 07, 2018
allexpensive:

I'm sure Mr President gave the go on on his dismissal. My only issue is with Yomi Shogunle. A young senior officer who lacks professionalism.

That DSS officer with RCCG wristband... Na Osinbajo church member? Looks well fed.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 3:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
giles14:
kudos to the brave heart for their sacrifices
but no body armour, no ballistic helmet.

no even proper means of transportation.
My brother just look at how those DSS guys are dressed/kitted in the pics being posted here, look at their exotic, vehicles and look at how well fed they look, now take a look at those very young men sent to the devils den with bare bodies and lack of adequate transport and you people want to tell me that God will not punish politicians, that's why I don't criticize the army anytime BHT takeover towns or bases, they are humans like us and not magicians. Let those DSS guys be shipped to warzones.
Well, this is Nigeria.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 07, 2018
allexpensive:
DSS DG has been sacked.
Wait, if acting President didn’t give the go ahead for this shit show then who did?? Imagine telling someone to do something then sacking him to make yourself look good undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
lionel4power:

So the Nigerian army have settled for three types of camouflage scheme?

Three ?

Woodland Green
Desert Camo

What's the third one for the Army ?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 4:00pm On Aug 07, 2018
ugo4u:

Just look @ the pics of those shameless hordes forming commando on armless civilians while true warriors are battling in the scorching heat of the NE.
They should just disarm this guys, they ought to be carrying baton garri stick. Let the CJTF be handed their rifles, e better for us like that since its an abomination for army to carry better gun.

The DSS is involved in the fight against terrorism. They are very active here in the north east.

But na fight o. DSS carry you before?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 4:23pm On Aug 07, 2018
abiodunalasa:

Three ?
Woodland Green Desert Camo
What's the third one for the Army ?
The desert camo is off two types..
Also Check the AFSF uniform.... Thats a different camo pattern.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:30pm On Aug 07, 2018
allexpensive:

If it were in much saner countries the man would have been sacked with the manner he replies people.

He blocked me on Twitter after I criticised one of his minions during the #Endsars period.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 4:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
bidexiii:
#BROTHERHOOD
#FRIENDSHIP
#BATTLEFIELD-TESTED
This way of transporting troops is not good at all. They are sitting ducks.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2018
lionel4power:

The desert camo is off two types..

Also Check the AFSF uniform.... Thats a different camo pattern.

AFSF own is different o. They get like three.

I will like to see the 2 diff desert camo of NA sha
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
QuietMynd:

It's Algeria

Nigeria now has the largest foreign reserve in Africa
The increase in the Nigeria’s foreign earnings has helped the Central Bank of Nigeria to sustain forex interventions and reduce pressure on the local currency against major international currencies including the dollar.

https://www.pulse.ng/bi/strategy/nigeria-now-has-the-largest-foreign-reserve-in-africa-id8357806.html
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jpphilips(m): 6:15pm On Aug 07, 2018
allexpensive:
Thanks for this.
The media has taken Algeria out of Africa and then concentrate on Nigeria and South Africa.

Algeria has a very large reserve. I see why they have no issues with military procurement.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 6:28pm On Aug 07, 2018
@Allexpensive....If you guys go out on a mission that takes days, how do you take your birth and brush ur teeth ...Just anxious though.. Anybody can answer

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by mekussa(m): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2018
jpphilips:

Algeria's foreign reserves stood at 97billion USD as at January 2018 and is expected to decline to 85billion USD by the end of 2018. Check online for sacred facts and rely less on someone obviously blowing his trumpet.

https://thearabweekly.com/algerias-foreign-reserves-decline-despite-high-oil-price

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Jelal0007(m): 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2018
ugo4u:

BBC and Al Jazeera documentaries are authored and directed by Jews abi? Ask urself in the entire middle east which country has the technological advancement of the Israeli.
I'm not saying if there is war btw both nations now it will be uhuru for Israel definitely both sides will take heavy casualties but the Israelis will have their way.
a smart man wouldn't be so oo sure. it comes down to planning and proper execution.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 7:02pm On Aug 07, 2018
joshingjosh:
@Allexpensive....If you guys go out on a mission that takes days, how do you take your birth and brush ur teeth ...Just anxious though.. Anybody can answer

Never been outside more than 72 hours before. Those outside FOB for long time do have water tankers, etc with them. They also have stove to cook too, noodles is also available. The available water is for you to clean your face, and keep yourself clean to some extent. Maintaining a very clean hygiene isn't easy when you're far away from your base.

So basically, there's brushing water and water for rub and shine.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by lionel4power(m): 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2018
abiodunalasa:

AFSF own is different o. They get like three.

I will like to see the 2 diff desert camo of NA sha
its on the picture bidexiii posted... Look at it well
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 07, 2018
How it started. A chronology of events that led to Africa's first ever transnational war involving multiple states in modern times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOnM8FONjtg
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by barineh(m): 9:17pm On Aug 07, 2018
olapluto:

That DSS officer with RCCG wristband... Na Osinbajo church member? Looks well fed.

When you involve religion in Nigeria's many problems you become part of the problem.

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by QuietMynd: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
jpphilips:

The increase in the Nigeria’s foreign earnings has helped the Central Bank of Nigeria to sustain forex interventions and reduce pressure on the local currency against major international currencies including the dollar.

https://www.pulse.ng/bi/strategy/nigeria-now-has-the-largest-foreign-reserve-in-africa-id8357806.html
Algeria leads the continent by $97b as at 2017.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-exchange_reserves
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2018
barineh:

When you involve religion in Nigeria's many problems you become part of the problem.
I agree with you.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:30am On Aug 08, 2018
giles14:
kudos to the brave heart for their sacrifices
but no body armour, no ballistic helmet.

no even proper means of transportation.

Every NA soldier in any theatre are been issued with bullet proof vest & ballistic helmet. Most soldiers choose ie prefer not to wear them sometimes; it's individual opinion or choice.

The only thing I don't like is the way we transport troops.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 10:43am On Aug 08, 2018
Tupolev Wednesday.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 11:38am On Aug 08, 2018
bidexiii:

Every NA soldier in any theatre are been issued with bullet proof vest & ballistic helmet. Most soldiers choose ie prefer not to wear them sometimes; it's individual opinion or choice.

The only thing I don't like is the way we transport troops.

I mean better Ballastic bullet proof oo..no be the one wey flat like chosen vest grin grin....No offence though grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2018
Ivory Coast tactical naval exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9v8KrT82hY
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 08, 2018
From yesterday military parade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXk4y97ckAo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
ugo4u:

Boss, don't be surprised if Mamman Daura rejects the sack, Sadly, his loyalty is to PMB. The person I pity most is that Moshood Jimoh. For a young officer to allow politician use him is really sad, the IG has 1yr max in that office but for a young officer like Jimoh what will be his fate when the opposition gets power back? he should have rejected that appointment(PRO) if he knew wasn't gonna be professional like AVM Adesanya the former spokesman of NAF very professional to the core, infact during his time in office the NAF media team was taken to a higher pedestal lots a information and videos about NAF operations was constantly released to inform the public and also help push propaganda against the terrorist. Now the man has being sent to Germany which is promotion for me. Why e be say Police matter for this counry they always get k-leg? the people that cursed the Police force really wicked.
Badt guy where are you getting all this inner caucus information sef?
https://www.nairaland.com/4664325/only-answerable-buhari-daura-osinbajo
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 1:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
bxboss:

Badt guy where are you getting all this inner caucus information sef?
https://www.nairaland.com/4664325/only-answerable-buhari-daura-osinbajo

Its very visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. The mosquito that perches on the scrotum receives the softest slap, he has being the balaclava of the "Cabal" no thanks to the C-in-C's body language.
Meanwhile Saraki just finished a world press conference, FG by their actions and inactions are positioning this guy for the Presidency his political ratings just skyrocketed. The guy is a chess grandmaster he really understudied the game from his father.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 4:03pm On Aug 08, 2018
ugo4u:

Its very visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. The mosquito that perches on the scrotum receives the softest slap, he has being the balaclava of the "Cabal" no thanks to the C-in-C's body language.
Meanwhile Saraki just finished a world press conference, FG by their actions and inactions are positioning this guy for the Presidency his political ratings just skyrocketed. The guy is a chess grandmaster he really understudied the game from his father.

That guy is going nowhere. I think he has ended his political career and there is a criminal case pending. His stunts only position him amongst other PDP presidential hopefuls. Believe me, his Presidency rivals in PDP are more worried about him than the Buhari Presidency. Why did Akpabio leave?. I have not heard anything earthshaking from Tambuwal, Kwakwanso, Turaki or Lamido about the invasion,

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2018
SternProphet:

That guy is going nowhere. I think he has ended his career
and there is a criminal case pending. His stunts only position him amongst other PDP presidential hopefuls. Believe me, his Presidency rivals in PDP are more worried about him than the Buhari Presidency. Why did Akpabio leave?. I have not heard anything earthshaking from Tambuwal, Kwakwanso, Turaki or Lamido about the invasion,
Smiles!!!!!!!!! Let's watch and see.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:45pm On Aug 08, 2018
INDIGENOUS AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE CAPABILITY GETS BOOST AS NAF SUCCESSFULLY CONDUCTS IN-HOUSE 400 HOURS INSPECTION ON F-7 AIRCRAFT

Instituting a robust maintenance culture for the sustenance of platforms and equipment serviceability is an important part of the policy thrust of the current Leadership of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF). This imperative has received another boost with the successful in-house conduct of 400 hours scheduled maintenance inspection on an F-7 fighter trainer aircraft by engineers and technicians of the 131 Engineering Group (131 Engr Gp) Makurdi. This was revealed yesterday, 7 August 2018, when the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, conducted an operational visit to NAF Base Makurdi, and the proposed site for the 21 Quick Response Wing (21 QRW) in Agatu, Benue State. The CAS, who was accompanied by other senior officers from NAF Headquarters, was received by the Air Officer Commanding Tactical Air Command, Air Vice Marshal Oladayo Amao.

While briefing the CAS, the Commander 131 Engr Gp, Air Commodore Pius Oahimire, stated that the conduct of such a high level maintenance inspection by NAF personnel, without foreign assistance, was a historic achievement. He noted that the feat had only been made possible through the current NAF Leadership’s intensive human capacity development initiatives which had empowered the technicians with the necessary skills and confidence to do the job. He therefore thanked the CAS for creating the enabling environment that facilitated the realization of the feat including the provision of necessary resources and approval of special allowances for the aircraft technicians involved in the inspection. Speaking further, the Commander stated that the in-house inspection had cost the NAF N3 Million; whereas over N30 Million would have been required if done by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) or an external maintenance repair facility. The 400 hours scheduled inspection was completed in 3 weeks and involved the removal, servicing, testing and re-installation of the aircraft engine and other major components.

During the operational visit, the CAS also inspected the water treatment facility in NAF Base Makurdi which was being renovated and expanded to improve water supply to residents. The on-going work, now at about 75 per cent completion, involved increasing the reservoir capacity from 450,000 cubic litres to 1.35 Million cubic litres as well as overhaul of surface supply tanks and replacement of reticulation pipes. When completed, water supply to the Base would be boosted by over 100 per cent. The CAS later proceeded to Agatu to inspect ongoing renovation work at the proposed base site for the 21 QRW, where he expressed satisfaction with the progress and gave further directives on additional works to be done. The 21 QRW was established to enhance NAF’s response capabilities in dealing with internal security threats along the Benue-Nasarawa corridor. Before departing from Makurdi, Air Marshal Abubakar held a fruitful interactive session with officers, airmen and airwomen of NAF units in Makurdi. The CAS and other senior officers have since returned to Abuja.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 4:47pm On Aug 08, 2018
Photos

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: davefurn, Covert1 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.