Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,864 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (674) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3011334 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2018
More

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:34am On Sep 17, 2018
Jordanian army @ BRIGHT STAR 2018

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 3:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
NAF fighter jets were flying so low in Abuja's sky today.
I just learnt they are preparing for an aerial display.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
Xbee007:
Independence Day parade

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE COMMENCES REHEARSALS FOR AERIAL DISPLAY IN ABUJA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) will carry out aerial display as part of activities to mark Nigeria's 58th Anniversary Celebration. Consequently, there will be movement of NAF aircraft within the Federal Capital Territory from now till 2 October 2018 as NAF pilots commence rehearsals for the occasion. Fighter aircraft would be flying at low level during the rehearsals. The NAF therefore wishes to advise members of the public not to panic but to go about their normal businesses.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public
Relations & Information

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by foxtrot101(m): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
Xbee007:
I saw a couple of drones too...or were my eyes deceiving me?

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2018
foxtrot101:

I saw a couple of drones too...or were my eyes deceiving me?
That will be interesting.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen TY Buratai seen inspecting trench with soldiers in the war front !!!

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by doziex: 4:18am On Sep 18, 2018
Finally, hesco barriers which is the mordern way of rapidly engineering an impregnable base defense. I had suggested NA adopt it asap since 2012 on beegeagles blog. To no avail.
The US used it all thru Iraq and Afghanistan. US introduced it to Amisom how have done a good job with it, but have also suffered some harrowing base overruns with it as NA has with out it.

Anywho, I am seeing buratai deploy hesco barrier defense technology for the first time.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2018
Joint Naval Special Forces drills as a part of the Military Ex #Brightstar18.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2018
#Egyptian Infantry members with theircounterparts from the Jordanian army during conducting assault to clear urban area from terrorist elements within #BrightStar2018 Ex.

Egyptian Infantry Members showed as always with lack of equipments & tactical gears.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by horlams: 7:42am On Sep 18, 2018
doziex:
Finally, hesco barriers which is the mordern way of rapidly engineering an impregnable base defense. I had suggested NA adopt it asap since 2012 on beegeagles blog. To no avail.
The US used it all thru Iraq and Afghanistan. US introduced it to Amisom how have done a good job with it, but have also suffered some harrowing base overruns with it as NA has with out it.

Anywho, I am seeing buratai deploy hesco barrier defense technology for the first time.

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2018
Joint Command Post Exercise B/w #Egypt-ian Army & @USArmy during Bright Star Military Ex.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 7:52am On Sep 18, 2018
#Egypt Paratroopers & #Russian Airborne units to held the Joint Military Ex “Protectors of Friendship-2018” next November.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:04am On Sep 18, 2018
Also another Rare pic of the first demonstration of #Egyptian locally made launching vehicle of #Chinese HJ-73B&C ATGMs by #AOI

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:06am On Sep 18, 2018
Rare pice of the first demonstration of #Egyptian launching vehicle of #British wire-guided anti-tank missile Swing Fire which was produced locally by #AOI Arab British Dynamics company

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 8:17am On Sep 18, 2018
#LYBIAN ARMY; Some photos showing the sniper training element - in context, very high quality (in terms of both equipment and tactics) .

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by BlackBaron: 8:45am On Sep 18, 2018
doziex:

It's interesting they prefer trenches. Is it better for stacked barriers like a fence around the base to prevent easy entry to their base?

Away from hesco, The North East insurgency is now nearing its 10th year!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2018
BREAKING: Boko Haram kills health worker abducted in Borno, threatens Leah Sharibu

Saifura Ahmed, one of the three humanitarian workers abducted in Rann, Kala Balge local government area of Borno state, has been killed by the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of Boko Haram.

The victim was abducted during a raid on a military facility in the area on March 1.

At least four soldiers, policemen and three humanitarian workers were killed in the attack.

Hauwa Leman, one of the workers abducted, had sent an audio to one of her friends, demanding that her parents be informed that she had been kidnapped. Read more; https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-boko-haram-kills-health-worker-abducted-borno-threatens-leah-sharibu/amp?p=288945&__twitter_impression=true
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Litmus: 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2018
bidexiii:
BREAKING: Boko Haram kills health worker abducted in Borno, threatens Leah Sharibu

Saifura Ahmed, one of the three humanitarian workers abducted in Rann, Kala Balge local government area of Borno state, has been killed by the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP), a faction of Boko Haram.

The victim was abducted during a raid on a military facility in the area on March 1.

At least four soldiers, policemen and three humanitarian workers were killed in the attack.

Hauwa Leman, one of the workers abducted, had sent an audio to one of her friends, demanding that her parents be informed that she had been kidnapped. Read more; https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-boko-haram-kills-health-worker-abducted-borno-threatens-leah-sharibu/amp?p=288945&__twitter_impression=true

If I had any part to play in it, we will never negotiate with these terrorists. I wouldn't care what experts in the West advice, Ethiopia and Rewanda can rehabilitate all the Oromo fighters and Hutu murderers they want, such would never be accepted by my team as examples of the value of reconciliation, I would be advising we pursue and jig the dance of death with Bokohram all the way to hell if this is what it takes to crush them to nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by olapluto(m): 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
Litmus:

If I had any part to play in it, we will never negotiate with these terrorists. I wouldn't care what experts in the West advice, Ethiopia and Rewanda can rehabilitate all the Oromo fighters and Hutu murderers they want, such would never be accepted by my team as examples of the value of reconciliation, I would be advising we pursue and jig the dance of death with Bokohram all the way to hell if this is what it takes to crush them to nothing.
I was at a dinner last year and a lady (not Nigerian) brought up the issue of BHT hostages. We discussed at length (about 6 at the table, 4 Europeans and 2 Africans), and we concluded that it was never going to end well negotiating with BHT. Terrorists that kill women, non combatant men, school children, etc should never be negotiated with. I said then that most hostages are killed.
I felt a very cold chill in my spine when I heard this news yesterday. It seems there are people outside that influence the negotiations to give the BHT upper hands in the negotiations. BBOG will pressurize the govt to negotiate irrespective of the conditions. Salkida will do his own too, and BHT will get all they want. Its a shame.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2018
bidexiii:
The Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen TY Buratai seen inspecting trench with soldiers in the war front !!!
It’s not a trench, they’re just standing behind it, i think it’s the cameraman’s angle.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2018
NAF COMMISSIONS RESIDENTIAL ACCOMMODATION FOR PERSONNEL IN ILORIN

In its effort to address personnel accommodation problems and enhance the welfare of its personnel for effective and efficient service delivery, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has commissioned 3 new blocks of 10 by single-bedroom transit residential accommodation for airmen/airwomen at 303 Medium Airlift Group (303 MAG), NAF Base, Ilorin, Kwara State. The newly constructed residential quarters were commissioned today, 18 September 2018.

While speaking during the commissioning ceremony, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who was represented by the Chief of Administration (COA), Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Kingsley Lar, reiterated the commitment of the current NAF leadership to enhancing the welfare of personnel to enable them perform their statutory roles more effectively. According to him, the need to create a very conducive environment and ensure better living conditions for personnel and their families, informed the decision to embark on construction of new accommodation and renovation of old structures in NAF Bases across the country. He enjoined beneficiaries of the new buildings to make sure that the facilities are properly maintained.

Earlier in his remarks, the Commander 303 MAG, Group Captain Patrick Obeya, expressed his profound appreciation to the CAS for providing additional residential accommodation for NAF personnel in Ilorin. He noted that this would no doubt motivate the personnel for better performance of their duties while enhancing command and control, and improving the Unit’s ability to respond to threats and emergencies.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:37pm On Sep 18, 2018
Photos

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

JOINT TRANS- BORDER OPERATION: TROOPS NEUTRALISE 5 BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS

1. Troops of 21 Special Armoured Brigade deployed in Operation LAFIYA DOLE, in a joint trans-border operation with troops of the Cameroonian Defence Forces, neutralised five (5) Boko Haram Terrorists in the border villages of Yabiri Kote and Bula Dadobe of Bama Local Government Area Borno State.

2. The joint operations, nicknamed: "Operation RAINBOW 15" which was conducted from Saturday 15 - Sunday 16 September 2018, came on the heels of the discovery of makeshift bases, established by the terrorists in Yabiri Kote and Bula Dadode from where they launched attacks on villages in Cameroon and Nigeria.

3. During the joint trans- border operations, the gallant troops recovered some items from the terrorists.

4. The items include:

a. 3 AK 47 rifles.

b. Two Improvised Explosive Device ( IED) Shells.

c. One primed Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Belt.

d. Two motorcycles.

e. Eight bicycles.

f. Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Vest.

g. One Boko Haram flag.

5. The trans-border operations have successfully cleared the insurgents from the general area of Kote Kura.

6. Members of the general public are advised to report any suspicious movements or activities to the law enforcement agents for prompt action.

7. You are please requested to disseminate this information to the general public through your reputable news medium.

8. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
More

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 6:31pm On Sep 19, 2018
bidexiii:
NAF COMMISSIONS RESIDENTIAL ACCOMMODATION FOR PERSONNEL IN ILORIN

In its effort to address personnel accommodation problems and enhance the welfare of its personnel for effective and efficient service delivery, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has commissioned 3 new blocks of 10 by single-bedroom transit residential accommodation for airmen/airwomen at 303 Medium Airlift Group (303 MAG), NAF Base, Ilorin, Kwara State. The newly constructed residential quarters were commissioned today, 18 September 2018.

While speaking during the commissioning ceremony, the Chief of the Air Staff (CAS), Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar, who was represented by the Chief of Administration (COA), Headquarters NAF, Air Vice Marshal Kingsley Lar, reiterated the commitment of the current NAF leadership to enhancing the welfare of personnel to enable them perform their statutory roles more effectively. According to him, the need to create a very conducive environment and ensure better living conditions for personnel and their families, informed the decision to embark on construction of new accommodation and renovation of old structures in NAF Bases across the country. He enjoined beneficiaries of the new buildings to make sure that the facilities are properly maintained.

Earlier in his remarks, the Commander 303 MAG, Group Captain Patrick Obeya, expressed his profound appreciation to the CAS for providing additional residential accommodation for NAF personnel in Ilorin. He noted that this would no doubt motivate the personnel for better performance of their duties while enhancing command and control, and improving the Unit’s ability to respond to threats and emergencies.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force
una sure say this CAS no wan contest for 2019 Presidential election? ahhn!!!!ahnnnn!!!! this is too much na, projects here and there abi no be the same budget Police, Army, Navy etal they chuuk hand ni? I can't take this any more Magu and his boys should probe the entire Airforce abeg because e be like say Airforce don begin export oyeee. Baba don de become threat to Bubu grin, he wan kee!! person with project haba don Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 9:04pm On Sep 19, 2018
ugo4u:

una sure say this CAS no wan contest for 2019 Presidential election? ahhn!!!!ahnnnn!!!! this is too much na, projects here and there abi no be the same budget Police, Army, Navy etal they chuuk hand ni? I can't take this any more Magu and his boys should probe the entire Airforce abeg because e be like say Airforce don begin export oyeee. Baba don de become threat to Bubu grin, he wan kee!! person with project haba don Allah.

Honestly sometimes I think in that direction about these CAS. grin shocked grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by NNAMDIII(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
ugo4u:

This current CAS is best we ever had, the guy is really trying, not like his predecessors who were thieves..

I'm seeing Abubakar sadique as our next Chief of defense staff. Oboy if he's our CDS he'll really change our military
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 2:07am On Sep 20, 2018
NNAMDIII:
This current CAS is best we ever had, the guy is really trying, not like his predecessors who were thieves..

I'm seeing Abubakar sadique as our next Chief of defense staff. Oboy if he's our CDS he'll really change our military
He won't achieve much, on paper CDS is the boss but last last, the individual service Chiefs wield more powers because they are directly in charge of the arm of service they head.

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SternProphet: 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
jakeporeshenko:

It’s not a trench, they’re just standing behind it, i think it’s the cameraman’s angle.

They are standing inside it. Not a trench. The N.A. will / should continue to combine trench and HESCO for small base defences. HESCO is expensive initially but pays off long term.

Nothing replaces platoon level intelligence, scouting techniques, TTTPs and discipline.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by joshingjosh(m): 2:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
Today's message

(1) (2) (3) ... (671) (672) (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.