Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,019 members, 7,799,479 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3001508 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (2200) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
bidex111:
@perfectdanny

Sorry I didn't expantiate well.

For deployment you will not be paid for housing allowances only field/feeding allowance where it applies.

But if you are been transfered from region X to Y and there is no accommodation in the barracks, then you will be paid housing allowance.
War is no child's play I agree with you but the way the military hierarchy is handling it its as if they don't care. How can they be on one same tactic every year. Boko Haram attacks every raining season and the army on the defensive. Even right now that it's dry season BH has also siezed the initiative from the army. And finally in situations like this what do we see;they begin to change theater commanders,as if that has been able to solve anything. Mtcheeew.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:57pm On Nov 21, 2018
jakeporeshenko:
Clear picture of NAf king air in desert camo cry who’s responsible for this

grin shocked grin

These painting is horrible.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
bidex111:

Dude you are funny, it's really sad that the army is taking a step forward and few steps backward.

But let me tell you the harsh reality; in these type of complex war we will lost good soldiers. Leave it or take it cool there is no shame in it, period.
I've never seen any soldier going to war knowing absolutely that he is going to die. Soldiers fight wars to survive, that's why they prepare and train. If soldiers die it should be because of unavoidable situations.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
CNNNIGERIA1:
Defence: Pakistan Moves Ahead With Sale of 3 JF-17 Fighter Jets to Nigeria
http://www.changednigerianews.com.ng/2018/10/defence-pakistan-moves-ahead-with-sale.html

Good news.. but I don't know why these is taking too much time, all these agreement signing blablablaaaaa......
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:06pm On Nov 21, 2018
Geronimoe:

I've never seen any soldier going to war knowing absolutely that he is going to die. Soldiers fight wars to survive, that's why they prepare and train. If soldiers die it should be because of unavoidable situations.

Who told you that..

The probability of surviving is 50/50. It's a harsh reality of war; MEN DIE !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Iblawi1:
Nigeria and Niger republic sign agreement to allow NAF fighter jets take off from Niger.

This is the kind of corporation we need.

Just watched these on TVC news now; Niger's CAS & Nigerian CAS ....
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2018
bidex111:

Who told you that..

The probability is 50/50. It's a harsh reality of war; MEN DIE !
I totally agree with you that it's 50/50 but will they want to die? That's why they prepare, they want better weapon, body armor than the enemy. I believe that more than 50 % of the military casualty in the North East are avoidable if the army had done what they were supposed do.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
Geronimoe:
I totally agree with you that it's 50/50 but will they want to die? That's why they prepare, they want better weapon, body armor than the enemy. I believe that more than 50 % of the military casualty in the North East are avoidable if the army had done what they were supposed do.
curious me grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Odunayaw:
curious me grin
Some Nigerian soldiers are so confident in their Juju that they will go to battle without body armour.... cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 11:44pm On Nov 21, 2018
Odunayaw:
curious me grin
Since you are curious https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_armor
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 11:45pm On Nov 21, 2018
Field0Marshall:

Some Nigerian soldiers are so confident in their Juju that they will go to battle without body armour.... cheesy grin
Hahaha, now I understand grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
Iblawi1:
Nigeria and Niger republic sign agreement to allow NAF fighter jets take off from Niger.

Is this recent news? I have seeen a picture of MAF alpha jets in niger far back as 2016.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 11:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
Iblawi1:

this is one of the main problems that bh has exploited until now

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 11:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
Geronimoe:
Since you are curious https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_armor
no no no grin. The adjective "better" before the body armor

What's that
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by LTGEN: 12:00am On Nov 22, 2018
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-4627716
CAMEROON FREES ITS OWN HOSTAGES KILLS 2
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 12:05am On Nov 22, 2018
Odunayaw:
no no no grin. The adjective "better" before the body armor

What's that
"better weapon", maybe like David's sling. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 12:09am On Nov 22, 2018
Geronimoe:
"better weapon", maybe like David's sling. grin
Okay the " better" doesn't cover the body armor abi
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:36am On Nov 22, 2018
Field0Marshall:

I swear juju don fork plenty NA soldier....... grin shocked grin

BH maa self no come alone

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 5:41am On Nov 22, 2018
NI are not smiling

4 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 22, 2018
Any idea when the army will recruit at bidex111
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:23am On Nov 22, 2018
Perfectdanny:

Around April next year for "recruit"

Can't tell for DSSC/SSC.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:

Around April next year for "recruit"
Can't tell for DSSC/SSC.
Naf and NN inco?
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 6:40am On Nov 22, 2018
Perfectdanny:

Naf and NN inco?

Hmmmmmm not sure
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:03am On Nov 22, 2018
Perfectdanny:
ssc/dssc is currently on, will close 30th of November.
please choose ssc so you can go to the war front and fight.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:24am On Nov 22, 2018
Iblawi1:

I heard CAS Sadiq Abubakar saying it yesterday on NTA news @9. Best news so far.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by HORRORIZON: 8:57am On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:

We lost some good men but I think these news agencies are inflating the casualty figure.

I dont think so. The Nigerian army seems very incompetent. They are operating on their home turf against an enemy whom they've been engaged with for like 12 years now, so they SHOULD know everything about them at all times, or have already eliminated them. It's not only sad to hear but is in fact a national embarrassment and red flag toward the realization of just how weak and degraded the Nigerian security apparatus is. I know a lot of this negligence is due to the immense levels of political corruption, greed, selfishness and carelessness of the leaders of that nation, who genuinely don't give a shiat about the young men and women of that nation, including those who risk their lives to join that deathtrap of an army for a chance to make a bit of pocket change, because investment in their future is not on their leaders radar as a worthy expense. But the least those ignorant parasites could do is show these misguided kids some decent respect for their sacrifice by holding a national day of morning. Such wastage of lives do to careless incompetence on a continuous bases is not normal and acceptable of a professional military in this day and age.

I'm not even Nigerian, and this really pisses me off. These kids deserve better than to be continuously stranded like sitting ducks in waiting to be slaughter like chickens.

7 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Geronimoe: 9:47am On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:
NI are not smiling

Nigerian immigration service? Their camo looks better than NA's.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:53am On Nov 22, 2018
HORRORIZON:

I dont think so. The Nigerian army seems very incompetent. They are operating on their home turf against an enemy whom they've been engaged with for like[b] 12 years now[/b], so they SHOULD know everything about them at all times, or have already eliminated them. It's not only sad to hear but is in fact a national embarrassment and red flag toward the realization of just how weak and degraded the Nigerian security apparatus is. I know a lot of this negligence is due to the immense levels of political corruption, greed, selfishness and carelessness of the leaders of that nation, who genuinely don't give a shiat about the young men and women of that nation, including those who risk their lives to join that deathtrap of an army for a chance to make a bit of pocket change, because investment in their future is not on their leaders radar as a worthy expense. But the least those ignorant parasites could do is show these misguided kids [/b]some decent respect for their sacrifice by holding a national day of morning. Such wastage of lives do to careless incompetence on a continuous bases is not normal and acceptable of a professional military in this day and age.
[b]
I'm not even Nigerian
, and this really pisses me off. These kids deserve better than to be continuously stranded like sitting ducks in waiting to be slaughter like chickens.

Thanks for your concern and it's of a truth that the NA authorities as failed.

But from your statements here; some of ur statements are not true "12 years" and abuses ; "misguided kids".
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 9:56am On Nov 22, 2018
Geronimoe:
Nigerian immigration service? Their camo looks better than NA's.

N.I BORDER PATROL CORPS; the camo is only been used by there border patrol personnels.

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/graduation-patrol-corps/amp/

I.D of these weapons.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2018
PRESS RELEASE

ARMY HOLDS SHOW OF FORCE IN BORNO STATE

1. Troops of 22 Brigade deployed in operation LAFIA DOLE, on Saturday 17 November 2018 in conjunction with other security agencies conducted a show of force within Dikwa emirate in Borno State to reiterate their commitment in protection of lives and property as well as build confidence in the people.

2. The exercise is to further showcase the Nigerian Army determination and combat readiness in the ongoing fight against Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) and other crimes in the State.

3. Addressing the troops at the end of the exercise, the Commander 22 Brigade Brigadier General John Ochai commended them for their combat readiness and endurance, urging them to keep fit at all times.

4. He charged the troops to always remain alert while carrying out all assigned tasks.

5. Those that participated in the exercise include, personnel of the Nigeria Police, Nigerian Immigration service, Customs, Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps, humanitarian workers as well as members of the Civilian Joint Task Force.

6. You are please requested to disseminate this information through your medium to the general public.

7. Thank you for your kind cooperation.

TEXAS CHUKWU
Brigadier General
Director Army Public Relations

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidex111: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2018
OPERATION GREEN SWEEP: NAF DESTROYS BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS’ LOGISTICS BASE AT KUSUMA IN NORTHERN BORNO

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Air Interdiction Operation, OPERATION GREEN SWEEP, has continued to record tremendous successes in destroying Boko Haram Terrorists’ (BHTs) facilities in Borno State. On Day 3 of the Operation, the Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE, destroyed a BHT Logistics Base at Kusuma in Northern Borno. The air strikes were conducted on the heels of credible intelligence reports indicating that the BHTs had resumed using the previously abandoned settlement and established a Logistics Base to support their operations in the fringes of Lake Chad. Extensive Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions later identified 2 compounds within the village that were the main logistics hubs in the town. Consequently, the ATF dispatched 2 Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the settlement, recording direct hits on the target buildings and facilities with huge balls of fires seen.

The NAF, working in concert with surface forces, will sustain the tempo of operations with a view to destroying all remnants of the terrorists in Borno State.

IBIKUNLE DARAMOLA
Air Commodore
Director of Public Relations and Information
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 22, 2018
bidex111:

N.I BORDER PATROL CORPS; the camo is only been used by there border patrol personnels.

https://www.google.com/amp/thenationonlineng.net/graduation-patrol-corps/amp/

I.D of these weapons.
It’s a G3 rifle with FAB defense upgrades, bipod, butstock, handguard... I don’t know where the scope and laser are from.

(1) (2) (3) ... (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) (727) ... (2200) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.