Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . - Foreign Affairs (881) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . (3013537 Views)

“If Mugabe Dies, We Will Field His Corpse As A Candidate For Election” - Wife / Photos: What Some Countries Gives Their Soldiers To Eat On The Battle Field. / Video Of Frightened Black Man Forced Into A Coffin By White Man Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (2201) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 6:56am On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Source? I didn’t see L39NG in 2019 budget mate
The deal was struck when a Czech ambassador visited NAF headquarters.

https://www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video/871#77221539

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Kalapizim(m): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2019
Air option is important to the Army but not a priority now as these armoured vehicles will address more pressing needs which also includes less hilux. Only question is what will the pilots already trained do now ?

This is my opinion !
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by oyinpr(m): 7:55am On Apr 18, 2019
SupremeCourt:

NAF has settled for 2019 budget procurement of new advanced trainer jet l-39 ng next generation. The new jet has guiding laser bomb and air to air missiles unlike old l-39 ordinary non-guiding weapons. NAF will mix total conversions and fully brand new, the body will be new mixed with old engine for conversion, while new ones will be fully new to be delivered 2020-2022. Senegal saw NAF alpha jet actions in Gambia and decided to compete, Senegal is building new powerful air force with same l-39 ng and will join NAF in West Africa flying this new jet. For NAF this may kill yak-130 trainer option, since l-39 ng next generation is very advanced for lead in 4th gen and 5th gen trainer/light attack jet. As soon as 2019 budget NAF allocation is paid out, NAF is paying for this jet confirmed.

http://www.l-39ng.cz/ - - https://archivengr.com/czech-republic-seeks-partnership-with-naf-on-aircraft-acquisition/
been waiting for this for a long time, the L-39ZA we fly is a very tough machine. Getting the next gen only makes it better

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 7:56am On Apr 18, 2019
SupremeCourt:

NAF has settled for 2019 budget procurement of new advanced trainer jet l-39 ng next generation. The new jet has guiding laser bomb and air to air missiles unlike old l-39 ordinary non-guiding weapons. NAF will mix total conversions and fully brand new, the body will be new mixed with old engine for conversion, while new ones will be fully new to be delivered 2020-2022. Senegal saw NAF alpha jet actions in Gambia and decided to compete, Senegal is building new powerful air force with same l-39 ng and will join NAF in West Africa flying this new jet. For NAF this may kill yak-130 trainer option, since l-39 ng next generation is very advanced for lead in 4th gen and 5th gen trainer/light attack jet. As soon as 2019 budget NAF allocation is paid out, NAF is paying for this jet confirmed.

http://www.l-39ng.cz/ - - https://archivengr.com/czech-republic-seeks-partnership-with-naf-on-aircraft-acquisition/
hmmm
Good news, but the yak is more advanced than the l 39ng in all perimeter .

Their decision their choice.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by rka2: 10:04am On Apr 18, 2019
SupremeCourt:

- - https://archivengr.com/czech-republic-seeks-partnership-with-naf-on-aircraft-acquisition/

I saw this story, but didn't want to get too excited until I saw confirmation. Let's hope it will be followed through.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
Troops of MNJTF Sector 2 (Chad) and Sector 3 (Nigeria) while on clearance operation in consonance with operation YANCIN TAFKI on Tuesday 16 April 2019 have neutralized 39 members of BHTs in Cross Kauwa village in the Lake Chad Region.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:06pm On Apr 18, 2019
Xbee007:

The deal was struck when a Czech ambassador visited NAF headquarters.

https://www.nairaland.com/2239266/battle-field-discussion-picture-video/871#77221539

that not a purchase order bro, in fact, there is no mention of signing any document or striking any deal in that NAF publication,

"reactivation/overhaul of 3 L-39ZA aircraft, were doing an excellent job, despite the current high temperatures. He highlighted that upon completion of the life extension of these 3 aircraft, the Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) on the aircraft, which is provided for in NAF’s 2019 Budget, would commence as soon as the budget is passed and funds released. He noted that this would pave way for the eventual transition to the L-39NG by acquiring the necessary engines and avionicsreactivation/overhaul of 3 L-39ZA aircraft, were doing an excellent job, despite the current high temperatures. He highlighted that upon completion of the life extension of these 3 aircraft, the Periodic Depot Maintenance (PDM) on the aircraft, which is provided for in NAF’s 2019 Budget, would commence as soon as the budget is passed and funds released. He noted that this would pave way for the eventual transition to the L-39NG by acquiring the necessary engines and avionics"

in summary, Czech republic through their ambassador is saying: "oh by the way we've done business with NAF and you bought our aircraft in the past, we want to futher improve that relationship with training and collaboration and we have a brand new successor to the L39ZA we want you to buy.

NAF replies with :we are currently doing life extension and overhaul for 3 L39ZA and your technicians are doing well and we would love to eventually migrate to the superior L39NG after we finish periodic depot maintenance for these 3 aircrafts"

in short the only mention of 2019 budget is that PDM, this is basically a show of interest and yeah we might eventually get those jets but for now no order has been placed, no contract signed and nothing is being manufactured for us.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 18, 2019
Another SAAF aw109 just crashed, that’s like the 3rd or 4th so far, those choppers need to be grounded or something. undecided
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 3:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Troops of MNJTF Sector 2 (Chad) and Sector 3 (Nigeria) while on clearance operation in consonance with operation YANCIN TAFKI on Tuesday 16 April 2019 have neutralized 39 members of BHTs in Cross Kauwa village in the Lake Chad Region.

BHT is getting there assume whooped; I love these tempo the military authority should sustain it.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
bidexiii:

BHT is getting there assume whooped; I love these tempo the military authority should sustain it.

Same, i love the success our troops have been experiencing lately, but we have beaten these insurgents back militarily several times over the years, they blend into the lake chad communities, regroup rearm and enlist new fighters and the whole cycle starts all over again, we need a lasting solution for this conflict, we need to kill the ideology because like play like play Nigeria will end up fighting a 50 year long guerrilla war like Colombia.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Texman21: 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2019
pls wats that staff nigerian generals are carrying for
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by bidexiii: 5:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Same, i love the success our troops have been experiencing lately, but we have beaten these insurgents back militarily several times over the years, they blend into the lake chad communities, regroup rearm and enlist new fighters and the whole cycle starts all over again, we need a lasting solution for this conflict, we need to kill the ideology because like play like play Nigeria will end up fighting a 50 year long guerrilla war like Colombia.

Well said mate.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
Saw this on twitter with no source
“Nigeria Navy has arrested a dangerous American sea robber with his three Greek members,and their African accomplices. They were trying to kidnap Nigerian vessels for ransom.”

3 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Saw this on twitter with no source
“Nigeria Navy has arrested a dangerous American sea robber with his three Greek members,and their African accomplices. They were trying to kidnap Nigerian vessels for ransom.”
Watch the Americans (CNN, Fox et al ) never talk about this grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Marine police with a lot of firepower from Singapore kinetics, I wonder how many NPF officers have handled HMGs

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 18, 2019
Odunayaw:
Watch the Americans (CNN, Fox et al ) never talk about this grin

Baba everybody Dey hustle oh grin but it doesn’t fit the narrative so you can never see it in their media, in their heads the average sea pirate is a tall slender Somali with a weird accent.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 6:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
Some people have problem understanding Nigerian trends and patterns grin grin looking for purchase order of l-39 ng jet. Did we see any purchase order or contract paper published for NAF 6 new aw-109m helicopter gunships till Italy got deal? Keep looking for NAF contract paper to be emailed to your house for l-39ng grin grin

NAF chief of staff: "Highlighted that upon completion of life extension of 3 L-39ZA aircraft, Periodic Depot Maintenance provided for in 2019 Budget commences soon as funds release. He noted that this would pave way for eventual transition to L-39NG by acquiring necessary engines and avionics."

So NAF has not selected l-39 ng next generation? COAS is a joker, he just wants l-39ng transition engines and avionics to play with in his personal flying club in his village? Some people dont know that weapons are first selected before ordered, they cant read that simple paragraph quoted above and comprehend it like adults, they need translation into mother tongue to understand grin grin

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 6:55pm On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

Baba everybody Dey hustle oh grin but it doesn’t fit the narrative so you can never see it in their media, in their heads the average sea pirate is a tall slender Somali with a weird accent.
grin Just Imagine the CNS telling "Them" during Obangame "you're part of the problem"

grin Hustle no know color

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Odunayaw(m): 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Marine police with a lot of firepower from Singapore kinetics, I wonder how many NPF officers have handled HMGs
Last year we saw pix of this being retrieved from Inland pirates undecided
That reminds me, I saw a pic of bandits arrested in Zamfara (I think) and among the recovered weapons was a bloody Tavor!
Hail NPF!
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Xbee007(m): 7:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
Odunayaw:
Last year we saw pix of this being retrieved from Inland pirates undecided
That reminds me, I saw a pic of bandits arrested in Zamfara (I think) and among the recovered weapons was a bloody Tavor!
Hail NPF!
It is likely that they got the Tavor from NAF personnel. There were cases of attack against Nigerian Air Force soldiers killed and their weapons seized in ambushes staged by bandits in Zamfara.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
SupremeCourt:
Some people have problem understanding Nigerian trends and patterns grin grin looking for purchase order of l-39 ng jet. Did we see any purchase order or contract paper published for NAF 6 new aw-109m helicopter gunships till Italy got deal? Keep looking for NAF contract paper to be emailed to your house for l-39ng grin grin

NAF chief of staff: "Highlighted that upon completion of life extension of 3 L-39ZA aircraft, Periodic Depot Maintenance provided for in 2019 Budget commences soon as funds release. He noted that this would pave way for eventual transition to L-39NG by acquiring necessary engines and avionics."

So NAF has not selected l-39 ng next generation? COAS is a joker, he just wants l-39ng transition engines and avionics to play with in his personal flying club in his village? Some people dont know that weapons are first selected before ordered, they cant read that simple paragraph quoted above and comprehend it like adults, they need translation into mother tongue to understand grin grin

This attention seeking mad man is back cheesy your statement was that NAF has budgetary allocation to buy L39NG, I proved that you’re lying (as usual) and now you want to talk rubbish about mother tongue and what not, and as a matter of fact when Naf ordered Aw109 replacement it was announced and we saw the down payments in the 2017 and 2018 budget.

Feel free to use any of your other 4 accounts to reply me. Arrow
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by ugo4u: 8:10pm On Apr 18, 2019
jakeporeshenko:
Another SAAF aw109 just crashed, that’s like the 3rd or 4th so far, those choppers need to be grounded or something. undecided
abi they should question the competency of their pilots, because NAF junior pilots dey fly that thing like keke with almost no issues.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by allexpensive: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Please is that a SSM attached to our navy ship? Any navy guy here?

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2019
allexpensive:
Please is that a SSM attached to our navy ship? Any navy guy here?
Nahh our type 056 corvettes don’t have anti ship or anti aircraft missiles, the Chinese versions do, we opted for a large hanger instead and oil spill control tanks

2 Likes

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 1:51am On Apr 19, 2019
jakeporeshenko:

This attention seeking mad man is back cheesy your statement was that NAF has budgetary allocation to buy L39NG, I proved that you’re lying (as usual) and now you want to talk rubbish about mother tongue and what not, and as a matter of fact when Naf ordered Aw109 replacement it was announced and we saw the down payments in the 2017 and 2018 budget.

Feel free to use any of your other 4 accounts to reply me. Arrow

Maybe you own 4 accounts on a mere talk forum that never pays salary for time spent here.

If everybody on Nairaland posting new information you are not aware of, are all liar by your judgement, then your illness no get cure grin

No part says "6 units aw109m attack gunships" in 2018 budget, it only said aw-109 and forum said it's same transporter to replace crashed losses, until 2019 NAF gave detail as attack aw-109m so we all now know.

grin He scored D in WAEC English, same problem disqualified him from decent office job where mental ability to differentiate meaning of WOULD and COULD is condition for employment grin

Unstable upstairs, he created his own words for CAS "We NAF would LOVE to buy l-39ng." Where did NAF chief say "LOVE" in his report? Na u be da real madman o grin

Official website l-39ng, says it's new build or rebuild conversion old stock, a buyer picking pieces of new engine, avionics as NAF said, will mix rebuild of old ones too as upgrade to ng variant. Shallow brain like his, neither fathoms that nor comprehend rebuilding options posted on aero website, once details are complex, he can't analyse it.

I said confirmed, yes cos I asked NAF staff in FCT who knows better, they told me Senegal air force too dey buy ng, also said conversion program NAF starts per budget fund 2019 because l-39ng is needed urgently to join NAF air strike in BHT war. I have liberty to find extra info and post it, I never said 100 new builds are coming 2019 budget, all I said is it's confirmed coming rebuilt old or new, whatever option mix, I didn't say.

You are the baba mugu confusing yourself and anyone dumb enough to follow you as your dysfunctional oblongata needs new generation head conversion upgrade grin I no mind to pay brain doctors to rebuild brain for dis man o, I go seek funds to repair his dwarf size oblongata even if de cost is not in budget grin Ode agbalagba grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 3:14am On Apr 19, 2019
Kalapizim:
Air option is important to the Army but not a priority now as these armoured vehicles will address more pressing needs which also includes less hilux. Only question is what will the pilots already trained do now ?

This is my opinion !

NA is losing focus due to faulty leadership, duplicating NAF air power just to have your own planes, for an army like you say, lacks armoured vehicles and modern tanks to do real army duty, is pure loss of direction and constitutional role of army meant to secure our land not our air. How will NA maintain aircraft fleet when they cannot maintain simple mowag APC and they push it like my neighbors car when engine fails? My boss said, "Gone are the days of Lt. Genenrals like Akinrinade, when army was army."
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 3:27am On Apr 19, 2019
giles14:
hmmm
Good news, but the yak is more advanced than the l 39ng in all perimeter .

Their decision their choice.

Temptation of much cheaper multirole jet bro, if na you nko? Just $10 million new build or $5 million rebuild conversion l-39ng ground attacker/air intercept/ISR/trainer for even 5th gen jets like f-35 stealth, 4.5 hours long flight patrol hunt-kill Boko Haram ISWAP even far inside Chad, shey you sef no go troway short range flight, high cost maintenance, huge price $18 million yak-130 ? grin grin grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by giles14(m): 7:44am On Apr 19, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Temptation of much cheaper multirole jet bro, if na you nko? Just $10 million new build or $5 million rebuild conversion l-39ng ground attacker/air intercept/ISR/trainer for even 5th gen jets like f-35 stealth, 4.5 hours long flight patrol hunt-kill Boko Haram ISWAP even far inside Chad, shey you sef no go troway short range flight, high cost maintenance, huge price $18 million yak-130 ? grin grin grin
the conversion option may be cheaper but the yak exceed the l39ng in all parameter .in full the YAK IS A BETTER DEAL.
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by jakeporeshenkoo: 8:22am On Apr 19, 2019
SupremeCourt:

Maybe you own 4 accounts on a mere talk forum that never pays salary for time spent here.

If everybody on Nairaland posting new information you are not aware of, are all liar by your judgement, then your illness no get cure grin

No part says "6 units aw109m attack gunships" in 2018 budget, it only said aw-109 and forum said it's same transporter to replace crashed losses, until 2019 NAF gave detail as attack aw-109m so we all now know.

grin He scored D in WAEC English, same problem disqualified him from decent office job where mental ability to differentiate meaning of WOULD and COULD is condition for employment grin

Unstable upstairs, he created his own words for CAS "We NAF would LOVE to buy l-39ng." Where did NAF chief say "LOVE" in his report? Na u be da real madman o grin

Official website l-39ng, says it's new build or rebuild conversion old stock, a buyer picking pieces of new engine, avionics as NAF said, will mix rebuild of old ones too as upgrade to ng variant. Shallow brain like his, neither fathoms that nor comprehend rebuilding options posted on aero website, once details are complex, he can't analyse it.

I said confirmed, yes cos I asked NAF staff in FCT who knows better, they told me Senegal air force too dey buy ng, also said conversion program NAF starts per budget fund 2019 because l-39ng is needed urgently to join NAF air strike in BHT war. I have liberty to find extra info and post it, I never said 100 new builds are coming 2019 budget, all I said is it's confirmed coming rebuilt old or new, whatever option mix, I didn't say.

You are the baba mugu confusing yourself and anyone dumb enough to follow you as your dysfunctional oblongata needs new generation head conversion upgrade grin I no mind to pay brain doctors to rebuild brain for dis man o, I go seek funds to repair his dwarf size oblongata even if de cost is not in budget grin Ode agbalagba grin
You can go ahead and shut the fvck up with your blabbing bro, you didn’t ask any NAF staff in Abuja, bring proof of your statement or just stop disturbing the thread with your nonsense okay ? Aren’t you the same idiot that woke up one random morning and said the JF17 thunders have arrived ? Lol mad man.

What gives you away each time is the way you construct your sentences, if you like make a 100 different account with different creative names, you’re the same augbubu. Silly kid.

1 Like

Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 8:53am On Apr 19, 2019
jakeporeshenkoo:

You can go ahead and shut the fvck up with your blabbing bro, you didn’t ask any NAF staff in Abuja, bring proof of your statement or just stop disturbing the thread with your nonsense okay ? Aren’t you the same idiot that woke up one random morning and said the JF17 thunders have arrived ? Lol mad man.

What gives you away each time is the way you construct your sentences, if you like make a 100 different account with different creative names, you’re the same augbubu. Silly kid.

When your illogical comments get you defeated by logical arguments, you change to personality attacks, "I know who you are typing on that laptop, you are Dbanj hiding your real identity like Lagbaja." grin Ode! grin

You fit call me 100 different names, doesn't make me same person(s) your cognitive mentalo speaks into your confused hemp polluted brain grin.

Keep hearing strange voices of the mentally unstable and fool yourself that you know everybody's real ID behind their Nairaland monikers names, because you get crystal ball and oracle juju grin

If you don't quote comment where I ever said jf-17 thunder has arrived NAF, may you be struck by multiple thunders and lightnings beyond repair in your young age. Psycho with incomplete WAEC result. grin
Re: Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . by SupremeCourt: 8:57am On Apr 19, 2019
giles14:
the conversion option may be cheaper but the yak exceed the l39ng in all parameter .in full the YAK IS A BETTER DEAL.

Very true, you are right, but economics will prevail over technical quality in a cash tight Naija.

(1) (2) (3) ... (878) (879) (880) (881) (882) (883) (884) ... (2201) (Reply)

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.