Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (38526 Views)

Throwback Picture Of Tinubu As A Young Man / APC Considers Akume, Remi Tinubu As Saraki’s Replacement - NationalMirror / US Daily Beast Exposes Tinubu As A Heroin Kingpin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by akins56(m): 12:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
tucky200:
How many people 4 north know tinubu...but sha d guy spend money...majority of nigerians voted 4 buhari o
believe me, am in kaduna, currently, tinubu is very popular among the nottherners.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by slap1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Oduduwaboy:

What are his corrupt background please ! List them out! Hé never ruled at the centre , hé doesn t own an oil block. ...
T. A Orji neither ruled at the centre nor had oil blocs. But since Abacha is not corrupt, I can honestly understand your point.

http://thestreetjournal.org/2015/01/advertorial-pdp-fights-back-names-bola-tinubu-nigerias-most-corrupt-person/

http://www.bribenigeria.com/nigerian-corruption-a-higher-level-tinubus-massive-looting-of-lagos-uncovered/

1 Like

Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Happywoman(f): 1:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
Behold ur likely next vp.
Well for all his fans and detractors alike, Na una tax go hear am.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Leiman100(m): 1:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
This is a simple calculation, Tinubu simply went into alliance with Buhari. With the simple aim of delivering the south-west so as to add credence to the already cult followership that Buhari comand in all the three zones of the north, and that is exactly what happened. Buhari won 16 out of the 19 states of the north, among the 16 states 9 are govern by PDP. Tinubu and co only delivered 5 states out of 6 in the southwest.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by OpraMenu(m): 1:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
JAGABAN ONYE IGBA !
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by bola4dprec(m): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
BabaEleko:
At the mention of "Jagaban" every PDPlgs shall bow! He who does not bow, will have the same fate as Baba Otuoke. Big shallout to all my fellow progressive democrats. And thanks to Orunmila for not letting my nairaland enemy turn me into a laffing stock. Next time i tell y'all something, u better take it to Central bank. SAI ASIWAJU! SAI BUHARI!
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by kenex4ever(m): 1:27pm On Apr 06, 2015
ChangeisHere:
You underestimate Tinubu at your own peril. This is a man that was in control of only one state as at 1999, 16 years later his party has control of both the Senate and HOR, from all indications, the APC will also control majority of states after Saturday's elections.

Without Tinubu, Jonathan would have won the election. He is an astute political strategist- the best in the country.

I laugh at those amateurs that think Agbaje has any chance of winning Lagos governorship elections. If PDP with all their resources and power could not defeat Tinubu at the centre, how can they beat him in his own house??
how many votes did tinubi give buhari from southwest? U probably didn't check d number of votes frm each state during d election...
The master strategist is dat kano state electoral chief dat died recently, IMO, if nt for kano, katsina, n kaduna etc votes, u won't b Making this noise by now.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Kay17: 1:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
slap1:
APC fans are often myopic and quick to condemn anything pro-PDP. How does anyone hail Tinubu as a seasoned politician despite his corrupt background? If this were Bode George or, say, Anenih, the response would have been different.
Our progress will remain in the doldrums as long as people like Tinubu are celebrated.

The truth is corruption is the price of the political patronage the country's politics run on. Politicking cannot be separated from corruption. What would the supporters eat? How will the next elections be funded?! The money has to come from somewhere! Anenih and Bode George lack the personality which people can relate to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Mistaarhlohki(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Boss13:

THIS IS NOTHING BUT HARDCORE TRUTH. What the igbos lack is clear leadership. The alliance is a necessity because 5 states cannot be the entire nigeria. They can either form alliance with the Niger deltans, north central and core north or with the south west, north central and south-south else all we would hear for a long time are stories

From time memorial, the ibos have always lived in separate governments each having its own decrees and sovereignty.... So, it will never be possible to produce a President from that region..

Even, as governors they still are a scattered but enterprising race....I'm not being racist but its the truth...
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by huptin(m): 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=Texcoco post=32401611][color=#1980BC] [b] Where does he get his money?? Ofcourse he is a corrupt kleptomaniac with a heavy dose of nepotism and everything that is undemocratic, don't you see why he's called thieffnubu??....Anyway be that as it may, the igbos don't need the risks of one man wielding such power,we have in our diffused state,survived and progressed a lot more than most folks will give us credit for.It took yorubas years to recover politically and idealogically after the suicide of Awo.

How did it take Yorubas years to recover after Awos death? the very first presidential election after Awos death was won by a Yoruba man, the next one was also won by a Yoruba man, A Yoruba man installed the next 2 presidents and now the Yorubas have the vice presidential slot. So you are very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
speak2emmalex:

Your stupidity is astonishing. Can't you make your argument without calling on the Igbo?

The north with over 35 years of ruling Nigeria has not made them better than any State in SE or SS. Polluting Nigeria with almageris and claiming to be Majority those not add to the economy. Why are some people soo primitive and this narrow minded.

The Igbos don't give a sh*t about rulling ONE Nigeria so back off you worthless piss of shi* and the rest of the morons who think like you

That's the problem with the average Ibo man.Most of them are resentful..They can hardly tolerate other tribes.No wonder u can't find a cosmopolitan city like Lagos,kano,Laguna in any se states.They are not diversified.The almajiris you called were the ones that gave gej a total anhilllation in the elections
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Mistaarhlohki(m): 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Boss13:

THIS IS NOTHING BUT HARDCORE TRUTH. What the igbos lack is clear leadership. The alliance is a necessity because 5 states cannot be the entire nigeria. They can either form alliance with the Niger deltans, north central and core north or with the south west, north central and south-south else all we would hear for a long time are stories

From time memorial, the ibos have always lived in separate governments each having its own decrees and sovereignty.... So, it will never be possible to produce a President from that region..

Even, as governors they still are a scattered but enterprising race....I'm not being racist but its the truth...
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
danjumakolo:

That's the problem with the average Ibo man.Most of them are resentful..They can hardly tolerate other tribes.No wonder u can't find a cosmopolitan city like Lagos,kano,Laguna in any se states.They are not diversified.The almajiris you called were the ones that gave gej a total anhilllation in the elections

You just shot yourself on the legs. Almajiris is only useful for election. They have no economic, social or human value. Now you wonder why there is terrorism in the north and nothe forgetting they are the poorest region on the country.

I wonder how the North will be without one Nigeria. Niger Republic will be America to them. Bunch of illiterates
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Babyboy1986(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
U big fool
DikSin:

Come on... That man is down. Wake up you fool. Gej is down!
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by njuwo(m): 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
bellychiz:
See his okporoko head grin
No be your boyfriend pop see?
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
speak2emmalex:

You just shot yourself on the legs. Almajiris is only useful for election. They have no economic, social or human value. Now you wonder why there is terrorism in the north and nothe forgetting they are the poorest region on the country.

I wonder how the North will be without one Nigeria. Niger Republic will be America to them. Bunch of illiterates

I intentionally said they voted thinking you will say they ain't eligible...But for your info they did not vote because ain't eligible.The no of almajiris is not significant such that they are 0.00001 of the northern population.
The almajiris you.see are equivalent of the street hawkers you see in the south.The diff is while the almajiris go begging for food and go.back.to.read,,,the ones in the south hawk in the day and theif in the night.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
njuwo:
No be your boyfriend pop see?

Lol no sir grin grin grin
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Akolawole(m): 2:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
inalegwu99:
Behold

The yorubas

Have got themselves

The new

AWOLOWO

He can NEVER be Awolowo but he is a politician who knows what he's doing. Master Strategist.

I remembered when he was a loner after OBJ finished off all his allies in 2003. He built a strong opposition from the scratch. He suffered so much. I am very happy for him.

1 Like

Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
danjumakolo:

I intentionally said they voted thinking you will say they ain't eligible...But for your info they did not vote because ain't eligible.The no of almajiris is not significant such that they are 0.00001 of the northern population.
The almajiris you.see are equivalent of the street hawkers you see in the south.The diff is while the almajiris go begging for food and go.back.to.read,,,the ones in the south hawk in the day and theif in the night.

So you want to school me about almajiris. Just so you know, every shoe maker, bus driver, suya seller, okada rider..you name it. Are all almajiri at a point. Over 60% of Hausa Fulani are almajiris. They leave off the street, have no idea who their parents are and can't even speak pigin English. You don't argue with me, I have a first hand knowledge about those fellows and I can write a book about them
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Apr 06, 2015
kastonkastrol:
tinubu is really a strategist who understands how Nigeria politics work. Jonathan should have never allowed him to form an alliance with the north. The northwest/southwest alliance is one that can never be beaten in Nigeria. The moment I saw odualand states being won by buhari, I knew that it was game over for jonathan.

Unfortunately, an igboman can never be president if he doesn't form an alliance with one of the majority tribes(yorubas or hausas) and that's the bitter truth. Igbos should drop their "I hate north/southwest" attitude if they really want to be relevant in Nigeria's politics

Baddest politician ever liveth

[img]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXt1-ZjUCImPazpG2xjGET_7odUG-_uPEBA4MNcNqzhnIh2h4-VRyH_egRTA[/img]

In another news;

Ambode 2015
We support
[b]Thesame ibos u yarn poo about wld feed u......rather u are the one hating on the ibos...u have a twisted mind..u cant just focus on the topic, wif out being stewpid or display your ignorant sense of ethnic bigotry.. and this has always being the character of most of you mediocre yoruba plonkers..only a few educated or at least rational ones are able to understand how stewpid the character u have actually displayed thru the gibberish u have spewed, appears...and then plonkers like u wld click on "like" .....u should evolve..u are medieval and backward, they is always a reason behind the choices the ibos make..and if u are so blind to understand the underlying reasons, despite which eva angle u view it...u cld just shut up and stick ur unreasonable crap brain into a toilet or inquire and ask questions..was ekiti state not won by the pdp? was it their choice or was it rigged? since u claim its an igbo thing..are the likes of those fighting buhari and tinubu today in the person of fayose, fani-kayode, doyin okupe..e.t.c not yorubas?..how many ibos has come out so rashly and shamelessly to fight apc? how many?..didnt u hear dat elections were grossly rigged in most part of their states in the south east...yet buhari had supporters from there amidst the tots that they still remember the fact that buhari was part of the lots who were involved in the massacer of ndigbgos during the war..?..so the best the party apc can do now is to embrace this people sayin "it is alryt, forgive n forget" and see the reasons y we all need each other now" the fight is not amongst us, its between us all and corruption(and in this corruption the whole tribes are involved and are a majority of the political elites). so therefore, they inculcate the south east fully into the mainstream of their politics with out bais. and then watch themselves have Nigerian politics locked down....Afterall the region have staunch party supporters frm the south east, who wld go against all odds, even to the jeopardy of their lives to support that party, despite the result of the polls...i my self is a supporter of change...its about the ideology my broda, so you wld be able to embrace every geopolitical zone not ethnic bigotry....[/b]
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by njuwo(m): 2:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
bellychiz:

Lol no sir grin grin grin
I feel say na your guy papa wey no gree you marry him pikin because you too fine for the poor boy. Sha, that insult get bachelor's degree from the university of insult upon injury. Why you come focus the insult on him head? He head dey inconvenience you?
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Icekyng:

Idiot bastard
U will die of hate
D only time east will move Forward is wen dy drop thier hate for north
Dat iş wat killed d igbos in d election
What has just hpnd is to show u United we stand n divided we fall.
Hausas n yorubas United to defeat d east due to ur tribalistic beliefs
Kp hating n kp reversing backwards
u jst sound like a fool and a twisted bigot.. blieve that..its not a fight among tribes..its a fight between the tribes and corruption (and in this all the tribes are involved)..so u should be wise enough to leave all this ur crap on igbos, hausa, yoruba, hate, election, happened, e.tc..and focus on The ideology we all need..b4 spewing ur gibberish..
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
modath:

Bold faced lie... it was masterminded by OBJ, Ibori only provided the funds ..
no b still support and sponsor...?
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
njuwo:
I feel say na your guy papa wey no gree you marry him pikin because you too fine for the poor boy. Sha, that insult get bachelor's degree from the university of insult upon injury. Why you come focus the insult on him head? He head dey inconvenience you?

Ah ah make you sef look the head now na Edward they for name sef grin
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by zwar: 3:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Texcoco:
[b] Where does he get his money?? Ofcourse he is a corrupt kleptomaniac with a heavy dose of nepotism and everything that is undemocratic, don't you see why he's called thieffnubu??....Anyway be that as it may, the igbos don't need the risks of one man wielding such power,we have in our diffused state,survived and progressed a lot more than most folks will give us credit for.It took yorubas years to recover politically and idealogically after the suicide of Awo,anything happens to thieffnubu,we shudder to think of the wilderness these folks might be plunged into...We rather have a thousand Peter Obis,Obainos etc than one mighty corrupt Godfather...The northerners especially those at the center will be impressed of the loyal block votes in their numbers from the SE/SS for PDP,moreso they will be doubly impressed at the fierce contest in thieffnubu's own stronghold by this same loyalists-Go figure Oba Akiolu-....what would it take a northern political rival to court these people henceforth neutralizing thieffnubu forever??[/b]

Another dreamer..people like you keep dragging the Igbos into irrelevance..being stubborn gets you no where..however being realistic and you might stand a chance..Awo till today is known worldwide as a legend and genius ahead of his time...Take it or leave it Tinubu is another genius in the making..with regards to you mentioning 'thousands of Peter Obi's and Obiano's..well I guess you have exposed your poor mentality really.. don't need to say more...so many igbos today benefit from the foundation laid by others, yet choose to be ignorant..so sad..I hope we can get a progressive igbo man one day to lead the nation..The present crop just do not cut it...FACT..

1 Like

Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by bezimo(m): 3:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Is it this super corrupt Tinubu that is being celebrated after he is being exposed of almost acquiring Lagos!!! What an embarrassment and insult to our collective sensibility.No wonder Nigeria and Africa can NEVER be developed as the west because corrupt people like tinubu is celebrated.
Rubbish!!! The vast majority of Nigerians voted for Buhari not because of APC or Tinubu.They should Have fielded Atiku, then we would have seen the outcome.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by mpowa(m): 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
pat077:
if tinubu is dat powerfull, how come his candidate perform woefully in 2011? Buhari won bcoz of d massive vote he got in d north...even in lagos where his party is in control, d pdp still got over 40 percent of d vote cast.

Rome is not built in a day, they've not put their acts together in 2011, but 4yrs later, they got it right. Buhari would still get his massive votes from the north as he used to and still not be president, if their was no tinubu to support, 3rdly Gej and his goons made it all easy, he failed the people and every one around him seems to be wrong, people needed change desperately and they found the alternative in APC.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by jumobi1(m): 3:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
It wasn't one man behind GEJ's defeat. Several factors lead to it. Performance, tribalism, Buhari, Tinubu, defectors, GEJ's useless team (Sambo etc).
Tinubu/ACN alone couldn't have defeated GEJ. All Tinubu/ACN did was give BUHAri over half of the SW votes
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by 36STATES: 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2015
Being termed a Machiavellian is not a complement, it is rather an indictment. Financial Times are rather calling Tinubu a crook, which is what we already know in the country.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Acidosis(m): 3:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
Lol, Nigerians celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
speak2emmalex:

So you want to school me about almajiris. Just so you know, every shoe maker, bus driver, suya seller, okada rider..you name it. Are all almajiri at a point. Over 60% of Hausa Fulani are almajiris. They leave off the street, have no idea who their parents are and can't even speak pigin English. You don't argue with me, I have a first hand knowledge about those fellows and I can write a book about them

Hahaha...that's the problem.

I can see you have been living a pond life.Have u visited the north before?....just because the northerners in the south basically do the jobs u have mentioned should not give you the impression that all are like them.The ones you see there are failed people who have no hope.

Dude seems confused by saying 60% of hausas are almajiris..I.don't even need to argue with u again.You are definitely not exposed and need to go out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Was Considering Which Country To Run To - President Buhari Jokes In A Meeting / Shame On You Poor Little Israel, Fani-kayode On Attack On Iran / Men Arrested For Tearing Patience Jonathan’s Posters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.