Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,986 members, 7,806,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? (1740 Views)

When Size Doesn't Matter: Pre-Wedding Photos / Bride Twerking Romantically For Groom On Their Wedding Day / If Your Wife’s Ex Did This On Your Wedding Day, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 11:52am On Apr 06, 2015
This may sound funny but it really happened in one wedding ceremony I attended in Ogbohill, Aba. It was my friend's elder brother. He had just returned from Austria to wed a girl who is barely 20, the handiwork of the mamas. I gathered from my friend that his brother had been sending money home to the girl's parents . . .another story had it that he even helped renovate their dilapidated house. So on the D-Day, the stage was set, DJ doing his thing gently, hall already filled with people in shiny clothes. I was sitting next to my friend when his brother, the groom, and his best man marched in. A different car had brought them to the marriage ground. The bride, they said, was on her way; they blamed it on the traffic. 20 minutes later, still no show, and I could see the groom walking out of the hall, making a call and looking worried. He came back ten minutes later, wearing the faint smile of a loser, and said loudly, "Eat and drink, my people. We're all here to party, aren't we? So, please, don't be disturbed about what just happened. DJ.." he signaled "more music!". It was then the MC made the announcement. The little bride had run away! She took off while still in her wedding gown and none of the bride's maids could stop her. Was it planned?
So what would you do if the same happened to you, be you the groom or the bride? smiley
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Ezerbullet(m): 11:53am On Apr 06, 2015
Form sickness
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by saaedlee: 11:56am On Apr 06, 2015
Op ur story try sha, buh na lie
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2015
I will just excuse myself to use the bathroom. Na waka I don waka be that. They can eat drink party and even gossip behind my back. grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2015
saaedlee:
Op ur story try sha, buh na lie
It's true, sir
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 06, 2015
Get another girl sharp sharp..
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by vizkiz: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
that is why we have the best man/best lady...if the bride no come, na to carry her best and marry her! No time undecided
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
I will peacefully leave the gathering and cry my fvckin eyez out at home embarassed but make God no jez lemme see am again till she die! or else. . . i comment my reserve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tydies:
Get another girl sharp sharp..
Bros, dem no dey buy girls na. Marriage no easy like that
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
vizkiz:
that is why we have the best man/best lady...if the bride no come, na to carry her best and marry her! No time undecided
You're not serious. What if your bride's maid has any disability? grin
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by DahtzFestjayz: 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
Faints
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by dharay99: 12:02pm On Apr 06, 2015
funny buh I dont even wanna tink abt dat on me embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
it'll never happen to me
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:05pm On Apr 06, 2015
kitnah:
it'll never happen to me
Amen
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by vizkiz: 12:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
Cammo:

You're not serious. What if your bride's maid has any disability? grin

can you make a cripple her bestie on that day?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by saaedlee: 12:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Cammo:

It's true, sir

How does the disappearance of
Cammo:
The little bride!
stop a wedding from going on, for Christ's sake she isn't even the bride!

Besides, from what you typed is seems it is the Wedding reception that the little bride absconded from and not the wedding itself. Most wedding recptions don't feature the little bride !
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by XBLadez: 12:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nonsense! The family will either refund my money or give me change! The man too is highly silly! Arranged marriages are useless! If you can't woo a girl yourself cut off your manhood!
Bullshit!!!

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
saaedlee:

How does the disappearance of "[ stop a wedding from going on, for Christ's sake she isn't even the bride!

Besides, from what you typed is seems it is the Wedding reception that the little bride absconded from and not the wedding itself. Most wedding recptions don't feature the little bride !
By "little bride" I mean she's quite a young girl, sir. The man is like 15 years older. Don't doubt this, please, I attended the wedding smiley
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Tallesty1(m): 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Go through your list of side chicks and friendzoned sisters and promote one.

Then later, much later when blood is calm, you buy an iron pant for the run-away bride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by saaedlee: 12:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Cammo:
This may sound funny but it really happened in one wedding ceremony I attended in Ogbohill, Aba. It was my friend's elder brother. He had just returned from Austria to wed a girl who is barely 20, the handiwork of the mamas. I gathered from my friend that his brother had been sending money home to the girl's parents . . .another story had it that he even helped renovate their dilapidated house. So on the D-Day, the stage was set, DJ doing his thing gently, hall already filled with people in shiny clothes. I was sitting next to my friend when his brother, the groom, and his best man marched in. A different car had brought them to the marriage ground. The bride, they said, was on her way; they blamed it on the traffic. 20 minutes later, still no show, and I could see the groom walking out of the hall, making a call and looking worried. He came back ten minutes later, wearing the faint smile of a loser, and said loudly, "Eat and drink, my people. We're all here to party, aren't we? So, please, don't be disturbed about what just happened. DJ.." he signaled "more music!". It was then the MC made the announcement. The little bride had run away! She took off while still in her wedding gown and none of the bride's maids could stop her. Was it planned?
So what would you do if the same happened to you, be you the groom or the bride? smiley

Then do som'in bout your grammar first before u think of marriage
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Been who i am, tears wont stop flowing that day.

i pray i dont get such on my wedding day..Amen.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
saaedlee:

Then do som'in bout your grammar first before u think of marriage
Lmao! Why do you keep attacking me? grin I said it happened to my friend's elder brother and I attended the wedding. Where are the grammatical errors in my post? Kindly point them out and I'll correct them. Thanks smiley
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
Midehi:
Been who i am, tears wont stop flowing that day.

i pray i dont get such on my wedding day..Amen.
Amen
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
Go through your list of side chicks and friendzoned sisters and promote one.

Then later, much later when blood is calm, you buy an iron pant for the run-away bride.
I don't dig this part. Why do you need the iron pant?
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Tallesty1(m): 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
Cammo:

I don't dig this part. Why do you need the iron pant?
Her gift for breaking your heart and wasting you money.
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by ShakurM(m): 12:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Even Jega go vex in that occasion

But no worries, bae is always full of surprises kiss
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:25pm On Apr 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
Her gift for breaking your heart and wasting you money.
Lol! Ok
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by spartan2709(m): 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
hmmmmmmm..................... lets just say I shudnt see her ever again
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
Left to me, the whole fault lies on the guy. Igbo guys are fond of waiting on their parents to find wives for them. You don't just expect a young girl to accept your hand in marriage because you're living abroad and you have money
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sign the necessary court papers before the d-day and no need for high BP kiss
Re: What Would You Do If Your Partner Doesn't Show Up On Your Wedding Day? by Cammo: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
lolaredvelvet:
Sign the necessary court papers before the d-day and no need for high BP kiss
You're right, that concept can minimize the risk of having a bride on the run. She'd know the marriage union is now legal. But, all the same, a girl who intends to run away will still run even after the engagement

(1) (Reply)

12 Sercrets You Guys Should Know About Girls / Do You Really Need Money To Date Girls: A Personal Story / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.