Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses (28981 Views)

Military Men Attack Ondo Residents, Burn Houses - Punch / Fulani Herdsmen Attacked Goska Village, Kill Scores, Burn Houses (photos) / NAF Attacks Boko Haram Terrorist Locations In Borno, Kills Many Of Them(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by lalasticlala(m): 2:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen opened fire on villagers and torched a number of buildings in a new attack in northeast Nigeria, witnesses said Monday.

Resident Ahmad Ali told AFP that roughly two dozen assailants, who were “obviously Boko Haram fighters” stormed the village of Kwajaffa at dusk on Sunday and ordered residents out of their homes.
Locals thought the Islamist insurgents “were going to preach and leave”, but in fact they “opened fire on the crowd”, Ali said.

Ali said the death toll likely passed two dozen but no other eye witnesses could be reached immediately to confirm the figures.

“They then went on setting fire to homes, burning half of the village before they left,” he added.
Kwajaffa lies in the southern part of Borno state, one the regions hit hardest during Boko Haram’s deadly six-year uprising.

Details of attacks often take time to emerge, given the poor communications infrastructure in the embattled region.

Babagana Mustapha said a relative who fled the attack in Kwajaffa arrived at his home in southern Borno’s commercial hub of Biu, 35 kilometres (22 miles) from Kwajaffa, at 11:30 pm (1030 GMT) on Sunday.
This relative reported similar details concerning the attack, including a number of casualties, Mustapha told AFP.
Nigeria’s military — backed by forces from Chad, Niger and Cameroon — has claimed huge victories over Boko Haram in the northeast over the last two months, retaking a series of towns and villages previously under rebel control.

But experts have warned that hit-and-run attacks by the group could increase amid the added military pressure.

The Islamist militants killed seven people going to a market in southern Chad on Friday, and then set improvised landmines on the road close to the Nigerian border.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan’s perceived mishandling of the Islamist insurgency was seen as a main reason for his overwhelming defeat in the northeast in last month’s general elections.
Nigeria’s president-elect Muhammadu Buhari will not take charge of the fight against Boko Haram until late May, but he has vowed to be a more effective commander-in-chief than Jonathan, in part by ensuring that the military is properly funded and equiped.

Aside from the use of force, Buhari has pledged to use so-called “soft power” to stem the killing, including much-needed development programmes targeted specifically at the impoverished region.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/boko-haram-open-fire-on-dozens-in-borno/
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by DickDastardly(m): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
The last of .....
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Firefire(m): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
angry
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by ellechrystal(f): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Old news, RIP to d dead, Abeg who get Nokia small pin here?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by temitemi1(m): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
RIP to the dead!
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by delishpot: 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Na wa o.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Adecephas(m): 2:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
God, please help us!!!

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by StunningCEO: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Suspected Boko Haram gunmen opened fire on villagers and torched a number of buildings in a new attack in northeast Nigeria, witnesses said Monday.

Resident Ahmad Ali told AFP that roughly two dozen assailants, who were “obviously Boko Haram fighters” stormed the village of Kwajaffa at dusk on Sunday and ordered residents out of their homes.
Locals thought the Islamist insurgents “were going to preach and leave”, but in fact they “opened fire on the crowd”, Ali said.

Ali said the death toll likely passed two dozen but no other eye witnesses could be reached immediately to confirm the figures.

“They then went on setting fire to homes, burning half of the village before they left,” he added.
Kwajaffa lies in the southern part of Borno state, one the regions hit hardest during Boko Haram’s deadly six-year uprising.

Details of attacks often take time to emerge, given the poor communications infrastructure in the embattled region.

Babagana Mustapha said a relative who fled the attack in Kwajaffa arrived at his home in southern Borno’s commercial hub of Biu, 35 kilometres (22 miles) from Kwajaffa, at 11:30 pm (1030 GMT) on Sunday.
This relative reported similar details concerning the attack, including a number of casualties, Mustapha told AFP.
Nigeria’s military — backed by forces from Chad, Niger and Cameroon — has claimed huge victories over Boko Haram in the northeast over the last two months, retaking a series of towns and villages previously under rebel control.

But experts have warned that hit-and-run attacks by the group could increase amid the added military pressure.

The Islamist militants killed seven people going to a market in southern Chad on Friday, and then set improvised landmines on the road close to the Nigerian border.

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan’s perceived mishandling of the Islamist insurgency was seen as a main reason for his overwhelming defeat in the northeast in last month’s general elections.
Nigeria’s president-elect Muhammadu Buhari will not take charge of the fight against Boko Haram until late May, but he has vowed to be a more effective commander-in-chief than Jonathan, in part by ensuring that the military is properly funded and equiped.

Aside from the use of force, Buhari has pledged to use so-called “soft power” to stem the killing, including much-needed development programmes targeted specifically at the impoverished region.

I tot PDP said buhari was BH...... grin...so why r dey still attacking grin

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by spellingcheck(m): 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
R.I.P to the dead

please i need a gun, even hunter gun i'll manage. i need to kill Islamic religion oh sorry Boko Haram.

To my Muslim sisters, i'll smash one of you before i settle down, i really need to know what these virgin hunters are dying to get. Hopefully that vajyjay, has honey, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, chicken etc in side.

Fingers crossed sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Na WA ooo Boko Boyz never stop there wahala....
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Anugod(f): 2:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
. Waiting for Buhari to end this mess. Two months he said angry lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by XBLadez: 2:14pm On Apr 06, 2015
Buhari should be blamed. Whether you like it or not anything that goes wrong in Nigeria henceforth is his fault. Remember we all did same to GEJ. What is good for the goose is good for Uganda.
We are watching cool cool

31 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by MKO4ever(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Nawaooo
I will suggest they handover power to Buhari immediately because May 29 is still too far and I am sure that GEJ is no longer in the mood to do anything, so why wasting a whole 2 months of our national time?

28 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by joedejana(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
I'm tired
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by spellingcheck(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
StunningCEO:

instead of you to be worried about the dead people and how Nigerians will overcome this group, your first comment was to shout to PDP.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
sponsored by one religion.

just imagine this world without that religion = peace

rip.....
rip Kenyans 147

but I know my God will destroy that religion on judgment day

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Texcoco(m): 2:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Why do we feel unconcerned right now??..

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by JayJustus(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
the truth will come out soon...Una biko

BTW I dedicate this award of being on front page to the good news I will get this month.. that girl you must be my gf...thunder faya your big yansh you say no
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by DonaldGenes(m): 2:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
oh no!! Not today

Has our Beloved Soldiers slowed down onslaught Momentum?
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by AutosBay(m): 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
They will stop when he is sworn in, for now they still think it's GEJ that is in power, since they are illiterates they don't know it will take until may 29th before their man enters.

11 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by loomer: 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
ellechrystal:

I de use my own, check next room

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by NaijaTweets(m): 2:17pm On Apr 06, 2015
lalasticlala:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/boko-haram-open-fire-on-dozens-in-borno/

Hmm..I hope those behind all these will be unveiled soonest!
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Kazrem(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
StunningCEO:

Exactly what I wanted to post.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by spellingcheck(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
emperorceaser:
Ok
Texcoco:
Chanji..
Frankmishael:
joedejana:
I'm tired
MKO4ever:
Nawaooo
Anugod:
emperorceaser:
Ok
delishpot:
Na wa o.
Firefire:
angry
DickDastardly:
The last of .....

Boko haram killing, these seun members fighting for FP. May the lord reward your FP struggle

AMEN

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by Nobody: 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
These boko-harams`re becoming more of an unending nightmare.
...Killing, killing and spliling of blood everywhere... What can man do against these mortal beasts frm hell?
This indeed is tragic! so tragic. The deep pain of losing a loved one... Words can`t describe.
The world of men... Everybody hating on each other for no just reason. The heart of man so desperate for wickedness...
Maybe this is a curse! Or so i thought. And bless he who lifts that curse.
We`ll always hope for a better tomorrow.
R.I.P. To the dead. May God lead thy soul to enternal rest.
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by akpanikpe(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
ellechrystal:
you are not looking bad either, but my pin is not small o, if u knw wat I mean wink
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by StunningCEO: 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
spellingcheck:

instead of you to be worried about the dead people and how Nigerians will overcome this group, your first comment was to shout to PDP.

u r rite.....may they find peace n may we overcum book haram..... but question remains.....do we forget that they claimed book haram was buhari's so now dat he has won....why r they still killing..my point is that we must fight together as a country... wink

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by iliyasudaddy(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by MKO4ever(m): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
Frankmishael:
sponsored by one religion.

just imagine this world without that religion = peace

rip.....
rip Kenyans 147

but I know my God will destroy that religion on judgment day
You must be soo drunk at the moment

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Kills Many In Borno, Burn Houses by ellechrystal(f): 2:18pm On Apr 06, 2015
loomer:

I de use my own, check next room
OK. Thanks man, no body dey there o. Chai.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Video Of Muhammed Gudaji Kazaure's Interview Trends, As Nigerians React / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics) / Melaye Prepares Cyberstalling Case Against Sahara Reporters, Publisher In NY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.