Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,046 members, 7,807,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. (26251 Views)

Kaduna State Governorship Election Online Poll:Meet The Favourites / Imo State Governorship Election - Online Poll / Abia Governorship Election Online Poll! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by ewosk: 10:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
Adewunmi84:
To be frank,Ajimobi have done nothing about education in oyo state.I am a corps member in Ibadan.My PPA is a secondary school where I teach mathematics.I remember there was a day rain forced me and the students out of the classroom while teaching.There were no roofs in the classrooms.The students contribute to buy chalk.No markers'board.It is blackboard everywhere except school like GCI,Queens college which are unity schools.Also,dillapidated classrooms everywhere.Teachers in the state just got alert for January salary(last week).Ajimobi government is owing the state teachers 13th month salary for last year,leave allowance,february and march salaries.Corps members are also owed the monthly stipends of #4000.For example,I have not been paid by Ajimobi government since I re-deployed from Anambra state on January 20th,2015.He is owing me 3 months salary.Most of the secondary schools in oyo state are nothing to write home about.That is why he will never be re-elected hadn't been that gubernatorial election were conducted(first) last week.But,as things are now,he will ride on Buhari victory to clinch re-election victory.Ladoja would have beaten him hands down..

Well Said....Tis a pity d likelihood of him winning is 90%

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by jasper83: 10:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
To be candid I'm not from Oyo state but what's it wit civil servant and salary wahala,though its their right to get paid but for any right tinkin person to conclude he/she will bcom rich wit salary increment is a joker. If u want fat salaries why not join private multinationals rather always distract government wit emoluments. And again all the people in these states are too dependent on govt job, I rmemba wen I was living in Ado Ekiti all you will ever hear of is wen will the govt employ na! Dey too like govt job for those states too much that they can crumble the economy and bring the govt to its kneels. Do they tink state resources must be used to pay salaries only. That's why I luv Lagos, hussle hard and bcom great. So let pple see beyond sentiments of salary and allowances. God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by MT: 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
I just stumbled on this thread. How can Ajimobi win the forthcoming election ?. Too much promises without delivering. Loud mouth. Ladoja is the man to beat. Seyi Makinde is the future star.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
We have got to the time to vote the candidate we can trust. People should no longer be deceived by these politicians, when they are canvassing for votes and they continue their lies by saying same party for the 3 tiers of government. Electorates should have learnt to say no to politics of blind followership. That of presidential election was a typical example.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Hasn't paid salaries, my mum had to lend money to one of her friends who asked for the very first time, employed new teachers and hasn't paid and has not kept many of his promises and has turned government into family business (if I may use such words), will be surprised if he comes out victorious. To God, all things are possible.
I won't defend him, but I'll put the federal purse into consideration.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Hasn't paid salaries, my mum had to lend money to one of her friends who asked for the very first time, employed new teachers and hasn't paid and has not kept many of his promises and has turned government into family business (if I may use such words), will be surprised if he comes out victorious. To God, all things are possible.

This is the same issue my mum also had with him

Whereas Ladoja paid the workers promptly with all the entitled benefits grin

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 06, 2015
This Seyi Makinde (SDP) guy looks very much like Funsho Williams (may his soul RIP).
Cool and collected, Guys like him don't win election in my country, so sad. undecided

1 Like

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by bowei(m): 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
Ladoja: tested trusted and reliable, opposed obasanjo third term agenda and Adedibu godfatherism so was federally impeached, labour union in the state loved him, all linked roads in the state attended to, grassroot politician with due process!
Ajimobi:an egomaniac,mortaged the state, most project executed are existing roads dualized in showmanship to passer byes and non habitants of the state, federals roads beautified while state and local roads suffer!
Akala: deposed governor did some recommendable work but lack quality, his tenure also withness alotta violence both within his party and externally, general chaos in the twilight of his tenure.
Folarin: Former senator might be the next governor but not so popular, but an intelligent.tactician scheme Akala out in several was but also lost him senatorial ticket doing so
Makinde so called omituntun, believe he could buy the electorates with cash and gifts! He's racing with senators
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by dsenator: 10:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
I am not an indigene of Oyo state but I've had the privilege of being in Ibadan for three years. The man Ajimobi has brought some dividends of democracy to Oyo state but I must say that this man is an arrogant man that lacks decorum whenever he talks.He has not been good as far as education is concerned in the state,he has not been treating the civil servants very well,the pensioners have not been treated well either,he praises himself more than what he has achieved his wife has practically been the deputy Governor just like Jona's wife.In my candid opinion, if the opposition could form an alliance,this man should be ousted but unfortunately,because of the selfish interest of the opposition candidates,they are not ready to do that and it will make it easier for him to win the election. The best candidate practically speaking is senator Rasheed Ladoja who is a better personnel and administrative manager than the incumbent governor.If Ajimobi had done one tenth of what Bola Ige did in the then Oyo state,I believe he could have referred to himself as an angel.Pls don't quote me because I won't respond,u can reach me on 08032513380 if you strongly have a resentment for my opinion.God bless Oyo state,God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by engrhorla(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
With APC at d national level, all APC controlled states need to ensure they are retained in office..as a result, thr sharing formula may receive a boost!

We are all very aware that FG can frustrate a state with allocations especially if that state is in d opposition.

OYO people, think else u will be On Your Own!
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by ogabs20(m): 10:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
All this while, I've been supporting APC, but not Ajimobi because he is a big disappointment, no second term. Ibadan doesn't serve a head twice and certainly not Ajimobi, even Bola Ige tried in futility, I prefer Ladoja of accord party.
Ladoja no be twice, u guys are confuse down there
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by funshint(m): 11:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
Well; the only thing I know is that Ladoja and Akala will share 3rd position...#SaiAjimobi!!!
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Yungwhy(m): 11:19pm On Apr 06, 2015
folik121:
The majority of Oyo state citizens that will vote Alao Akala is not here, but at the real life, some of them are:-
- The Civil savant Ajimobi refuse to pay thier salaries (some are yet to recieve there january salary, while some thier febuary salalry)
- The Masses ajimobi demolish thier house and their only lifelihood (without compeciation)
- The Okada riders ajimobi forced to pay #3000 per year
- The retiries ajimobi refused to pay there pension since july 2011 - The wise people who know local goverment is the closet goverment to the grassroot (while ajimobi refused to conduct local goverment election )
- The civil savants ajimobi sacked
- The Oyo State Contractors ajimobi refused to award contractor for (instead he awarding contract to his masters in lagos )
- The Masses (most of them dont have money to buy data)
You don't sound like you live in Oyo state, Civil Servants don't like Akala as much as they hate Ajimobi. Akala stopped the salary scheme Ladoja created for them.. Civil Servants won't vote for Akala, except those that have personal benefits from his government or those that are sentimental about where he comes from(Ogbomoso peeps)

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by titipeters: 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
Laughing out, ajimobi is my inlaw, he can abuse and talk for Africa... that's just who he is... mind u, he is more exposed than all other contestants... owing of salaries 4 nw isn't his fault, I work with lautech teaching hosp, he pays us over 200million niara as salary and our IGR is less than 5million per month... so what can u say abt dat... politics is a game, vote 4 ur choice...
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:31pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

This is the same issue my mum also had with him

Whereas Ladoja paid the workers promptly with all the entitled benefits grin
Do you live in Ibadan?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Do you live in Ibadan?

Every art of me is Ibadan

I grew up and lived in IB city till my mid teens
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

Every art of me is Ibadan

I grew up and lived in IB city till my mid teens
You didn't answer my question, did you?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
You didn't answer my question, did you?

No, I didn't because I have no reason to undecided
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:41pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

No, I didn't because I have no reason to undecided
Your tone is sounding a bit harsh, have I written anything necessitating such a tone? undecided Just wondered how you have an up to date knowledge of what's happening in Ibadan. sad
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Apr 06, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Your tone is sounding a bit harsh, have I written anything necessitating such a tone? undecided Just wondered how you have an up to date knowledge of what's happening in Ibadan. sad

Come on, I lived in my life a significant part of life and I am an Ibadan babe to the core. My information may not be up-to-date but I do have family members and friends suppling the info.

And I am sorry.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Misogynist2014(m): 11:46pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

Come on, I lived in my life a significant part of life and I am an Ibadan babe to the core. My information may not be up-to-date but I do have family members and friends suppling the info.

And I am sorry.
If you say so. Got nothing to gain pressing further. Hope you're cool?
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by ronald4lif(m): 11:47pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

And I am sorry.

Politician. cheesy

Be keeping me updated with the latest tussle of power in Lagos. grin

Hope say you get PVC wink
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
ronald4lif:

Politician. cheesy

Be keeping me updated with the latest tussle of power in Lagos. grin

Hope say you get PVC wink

I haven't got one cry

Hopefully, I will have one for 2019
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by ronald4lif(m): 11:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
Justfollowit:

I haven't got one cry

Hopefully, I will have one for 2019

Eyah pele, ma binu.

For me, it's Ambode for Lagos. PDP should swerve biko. They're politically dead in Nigeria.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 12:03am On Apr 07, 2015
ronald4lif:

Eyah pele, ma binu.

For me, it's Ambode for Lagos. PDP should swerve biko. They're politically dead in Nigeria.

Half Amen to that

Politics is a full time business in Nigeria, if PDP becomes irrelevant, there are other alternatives which are no different from PDP.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by ronald4lif(m): 12:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Justfollowit:

Half Amen to that

Politics is a full time business in Nigeria, if PDP becomes irrelevant, there are other alternatives which are no different from PDP.

Well that's true. We need a strong opposition in place to checkmate the incoming looters in power. They are all same evil, it's just a case of who is a lesser evil.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Nobody: 12:21am On Apr 07, 2015
ronald4lif:

Well that's true. We need a strong opposition in place to checkmate the incoming looters in power. They are all same evil, it's just a case of who is a lesser evil.

We cannot have a strong opposition until our political parties are represented by their common goals, their achievements and efficacy of their policies, instead of ‘we will give you light and construct your roads' undecided
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by qasmah(f): 2:40am On Apr 07, 2015
I am a pure-bred Indigene of Oyo state n I have lived thru the governance of 3 out of these 5 candidates in the state n I can say my bit about them.If anyone has had d interest of the pple of Oyo state at heart,that man is Senator Rashidi Ladoja .He has earned the respect n llove of Oyo state indigenes because he didnt see himself as governor but as a son of the soil n for me he has what it takes to return Oyo state to its pacesetter status.He was not greedy like Akala who connived wt some perverted elders at that time to make his way to hesitate house ,he was not frivolous like him as to waste the resources of the state for his n his family's betterment.Akala claims part of his achievements is upgrading the Adeoyo maternity hospital to a teaching hospital,I ma.ke bold to ask..how many doctors has that hospital produced ?As I speak,even under the governance of Ajimobi,that hospital cannot boast of a single ultrasound machine .I love this state n i must say that just as Gen Muhammad Buhari 's achievements as a disciplined leader n lover of Nigerians paved way for him to become president -elect,Rashidi Ladoja's goodwill will pave way for him too.Semi Mankind has also demonstrated that he has d best interest of the pple at heart but based on experience Ladoja is the man Oyo needs now .Not prodigal sons like Akala ,Teslim or even this ill-mannered,conceited governor called Ajimobi who believes being governor gives him the right to do as he pleases whose track record of lies may not b surpassed by generations to come Please vote wisely for the love of progress

4 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Geeman74(m): 5:09am On Apr 07, 2015
It's LADOJA all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by Rexyl(m): 5:50am On Apr 07, 2015
engrhorla:
With APC at d national level, all APC controlled states need to ensure they are retained in office..as a result, thr sharing formula may receive a boost!

We are all very aware that FG can frustrate a state with allocations especially if that state is in d opposition.

OYO people, think else u will be On Your Own!

at the same time the drivers can be reckless and drive roughly if there are no forces to check him, he can even plunge passengers into trouble. Everywhere strong opposition must be available to guard against atrocities of ruling party.

this time around the electorates should vote with reason, not blindly as they did during the presidential elections that after voting many felt as if they were blindfolded. Many voted against the real candidates of their choice.
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by DrTeeee(m): 5:54am On Apr 07, 2015
BlackHuman:
Many of d people doing dis "voting-likes" do not live in these states..
Very true
Re: Oyo State Governorship Election. - Online Poll. by VICTOFX(m): 6:01am On Apr 07, 2015
ARE YOU A LOCAL GOVERNMENT WORKER IN OYO STATE?
Then this may interest you,first these two questions,
1).How has your life changed in the last four years?
2).What hopes do you have for the next four years?
If you are unable to give a clear cut response to these questions,then the following will help you out .
1).Ajimobis govt has started practicing the OSUN style since he assumed office by not releasing funds from the excess crude account as at when due,if he does,it is half or quarter .
2.Ajimobis govt has refused to conduct the local govt election,you wonder why?Your guess is as good as mine.
To have unfettered access to local government funds through stooge caretaker chairmen.
3).Is it true that federal govt failed to release allocation or reduced it drastically as we experience in the last six months? NO.
The state govt has been stealing the local govt funds under so many guise,there are available records and statistics to this, thereby making life miserable for you,by collecting 50%'60% salaries, too bad.
3).Ajimobis govt has made it impossible for local govts to pay cooperative deductions which hitherto helps you to buy land,car,and pay university student fees Ogao.
4) Ajimobis govt has contracted excess crude account project to his croonies for kickback purposes,there facts to this check all contractors handling your local govt projects and see where they come from,you may ask your Ogas.
5).Ajimobis govt released 11M for the conduct of the presidential election and a further 15M for the gubernatorial .you have started sewing abi,thinking the see e amounts could have given car refurbishment loans in each local govt.pele.these and many more are still coming your way,if you dont listen and listen properly.
6).If reelected,your salaries will be paid from alphabeta consultancy office and stipend will be released as running grants as being done in OSUN state,ask from local govt workers there. He is also proposing down sizing d worker so dt it will b maximum of 150 per local government. Ronu
Time to act is now.

let's use our votes to bring in the man who has the interest of d mercies at heart, he gave jobs to thousands of youths and paid them well, our civil servants built houses and bought cars, it was his dispensation that changed d orientation that a teachers reward is in heaven, he eased up LIFE for people,

INSPITE ALL THESE, CONSIDERABLE AND REASONABLE DEVELOPMENT WAS STILL ONGOING IN THE STATE.

oh what a man moved by the comparison he has for people, and also released himself to be used by God for the interest of people, I'm talking of no other person SENATOR RASHID ADEWOLU LADOJA.

Let's vote in ACCORD PARTY FOR A GOVERNOR WITH LISTENING EARS.

LADOJA DE, IDERA DE.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's Most Powerful Politician - Onyebuchi Ememanka / Senate Passes Bill Allowing Electronic Transmission Of INEC Results / 2023 Presidency: “Tinubu Is The One Mocking Nigerians” – Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.