Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,148 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

My Take On The Obas Speech. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Take On The Obas Speech. (2839 Views)

Afenifere Asks South West Govs, Obas To De-recognise Eze Ndi Igbos In Yorubaland / Fashola Insulting The Obas Not Knowing They Are His Father / Awujale To Jonathan: Obas Don’t Campaign For Politicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
I am igbo and I am not Happy with what the oba said.

That being said. I want to look at this from another angle.

I live in ABA, which is a natively owned by the Ngwa people. ABA can be considered as a no man's land because more than 80% of it's citizens are foreigners.

Now in ABA, even as densely populated by foreigners as it is, no foreigner holds any political post concerning ABA. mind you the foreigners we are talking about here are still igbos.

let's take this to Lagos. Lagos is the biggest Yoruba nation. this has never being in doubt. igbos migrated to Lagos because of their favourable business environment and I bet you, Lagos has being good to my brothers.

Lagosian are good host, that I can attest to.

As I being a non ngwa man would not contest for a political position in ABA, as s mark of respect to my host, I wouldn't still expect any igboman to contest for political position in Lagos. just as an Hausa man would never be allowed to take office in Enugu.

As guests, I think the igbos should be as apolitical as possible. You done come to a man's house, kidnap his wife and rape her in his presence!

I think the oba was provoked and is doing what any very grounded traditional ruler in the east Would have done If he is to be in his shoes.

Shachris

10 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Sweetguy25: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Enyia shut the hell and go to sleep. You're not making any sense

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
Bros, You wrote rubbish!!!

8 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Bros, You wrote rubbish!!!

What would obi of onitsha do If Hausa men take up 4 HOR seats in anambra state?

5 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by hummerwise(m): 8:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
The Oba has really bleeped up....we Yorubas are not this Rude to other tribes..the oba was caught in the mood and He deserve all the insults he has been getting...

Vote whoever you want, its ur right..
Nufin can ever seperate this country even the monarchs..

For the educated who r less tribalistic, Am sure the comment made by the less-enlightened OBA would be seen...as an EPIC!! SLEEP OF TONGUE

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 06, 2015
hummerwise:
The Oba has really bleeped up....we Yorubas are not this Rude to other tribes..the oba was caught in the mood and He deserve all the insults he has been getting...

Vote whoever you want, its ur right..
Nufin can ever seperate this country even the monarchs..

For the educated who r less tribalistic, Am sure the comment made by the less-enlightened OBA would be seen...as an EPIC!! SLEEP OF TONGUE

True But I still hold that he was provoked.
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

nwanne it has not come to this na.
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by hummerwise(m): 8:34pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

True But I still hold that he was provoked.
Bros like you rightly said you are an igbo man and I be full blooded Yoruba dude...
There are no 2 ways about this, truth be told..NO matter one's tribe or position one has no right to threaten others or tribe not even at this sensitive period when evErything counts..
Now most igbos are now using his unguarded statement as propanganda of starting a tribal war...
It is a disgrace...and am sure my yoruba brothers who are civilised wud understand my stand and criticise this...

It is not acceptable Simple!!

To set the record straight I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF ANY PARTY just voicing out my mind.

#We r one...

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by braine(m): 8:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:
No, you shut up! HE'S CORRECT!
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Sweetguy25: 8:39pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

nwanne it has not come to this na.

Come to what?

Is Jimi agbaje an Igbo man? Is he not only asking for the support of igbos (and other ethnic groups) living in Lagos?

Has Ambode not done the same thing Jimi did?

Where is the provocation coming from?

How did Igbos provoke anybody by saying they will support a yoruba man to become governor of Lagos?

What about the yoruba people who support Jimi? Are they going to be thrown in the lagoon too?

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by ChangeisHere: 8:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

I live in ABA, which is a natively owned by the Ngwa people. ABA can be considered as a no man's land because more than 80% of it's citizens are foreigners.

Now in ABA, even as densely populated by foreigners as it is, no foreigner holds any political post concerning ABA. mind you the foreigners we are talking about here are still igbos.

let's take this to Lagos. Lagos is the biggest Yoruba nation. this has never being in doubt. igbos migrated to Lagos because of their favourable business environment and I bet you, Lagos has being good to my brothers.

As I being a non ngwa man would not contest for a political position in ABA, as s mark of respect to my host, I wouldn't still expect any igboman to contest for political position in Lagos. just as an Hausa man would never be allowed to take office in Enugu.

As guests, I think the igbos should be as apolitical as possible. You done come to a man's house, kidnap his wife and rape her in his presence!

I think the oba was provoked and is doing what any very grounded traditional ruler in the east Would have done If he is to be in his shoes.

Shachris

You are a sensible person
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by swtdrms(m): 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
Let everyone shut the Bleep up and stop castigating the Oba unnecessarily, the igbos can go and die if they ain't happy with his comment. In as much as everyone have condenmed the statements of the Oba what else do you want? The Oba is speaking to his subjects, that is the head of Igbo communities in lagos. If u ain't comfortable with it go and vote whoever you feel like and forget whatever statements he made. Igbos have made more inciting statements in the past and no one took it seriously, why the double standards now? This is Lagos, this is the yoruba land and stop playing the victim all the time. We wont give you that chance to usurp our land.pls let all of this die already.
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

What would obi of onitsha do If Hausa men take up 4 HOR seats in anambra state?

Lol. You aren't treating the issue. No igbo is talking about taking up political post as a governor of lagos, but exercising their voting rights to elect a YORUBA candidate of their choice. What is wrong with you Nna?

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by vladimiros: 8:49pm On Apr 06, 2015
swtdrms:
Let everyone shut the Bleep up and stop castigating the Oba unnecessarily, the igbos can go and die if they ain't happy with his comment. In as much as everyone have condenmed the statements of the Oba what else do you want? The Oba is speaking to his subjects, that is the head of Igbo communities in lagos. If u ain't comfortable with it go and vote whoever you feel like and forget whatever statements he made. Igbos have made more inciting statements in the past and no one took it seriously, why the double standards now? This is Lagos, this is the yoruba land and stop playing the victim all the time. We wont give you that chance to usurp our land.pls let all of this die already.

When igbos wanted to leave.. una drag them back..

Now u dey complain

3 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Come to what?

Is Jimi agbaje an Igbo man? Is he not only asking for the support of igbos (and other ethnic groups) living in Lagos?

Has Ambode not done the same thing Jimi did?

Where is the provocation coming from?

How did Igbos provoke anybody by saying they will support a yoruba man to become governor of Lagos?

What about the yoruba people who support Jimi? Are they going to be thrown in the lagoon too?

nwanne m all this problem would have not arised If the igbos had remained as apolitical as possible in Lagos. The political igbos (PDP) is making the oba feel threatened. We are just in Lagos for business and not domination. make ur money. and come back home as our brothers in diaspora are doing. leave Lagos politics for Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 06, 2015
EggovinMma:

Lol. You aren't treating the issue. No igbo is talking about taking up political post as a governor of lagos, but exercising their voting rights to elect a YORUBA candidate of their choice. What is wrong with you Nna?

But we already took up 4. before you know it we would be clocking 10. political domination doesn't start in one day.

Truth be told, you are only voting jk not per his achievement as a person, But only to spite your host....as you see pdp as an igbo party.

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by twosquare(m): 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
I pity this generation....some of you can't even live in the days of artaxerxes and other ancient kings....fallen tribes are even talking. O' foolish human race, when will thou be wise?
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Adegbodolu1: 8:58pm On Apr 06, 2015
hummerwise:

Bros like you rightly said you are an igbo man and I be full blooded Yoruba dude...
There are no 2 ways about this, truth be told..NO matter one's tribe or position one has no right to threaten others or tribe not even at this sensitive period when evErything counts..
Now most igbos are now using his unguarded statement as propanganda of starting a tribal war...
It is a disgrace...and am sure my yoruba brothers who are civilised wud understand my stand and criticise this...

It is not acceptable Simple!!

To set the record straight I AM NOT A SUPPORTER OF ANY PARTY just voicing out my mind.

#We r one...

[size=15pt]EFULEFU NWOKEM YOU YORUBA? WHO DASH MONKEY BANANA. UMU IGBO NONSENSE[/size]
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Adegbodolu1: 8:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
[size=15pt]THE OBA HAS SPOKEN AND HE IS SUPPORTED BY ALL YORUBA PEOPLE[/size]
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 06, 2015
twosquare:
I pity this generation....some of you can't even live in the days of artaxerxes and other ancient kings....fallen tribes are even talking. O' foolish human race, when will thou be wise?

what exactly are you saying?

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by asha80(m): 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

But we already took up 4. before you know it we would be clocking 10. political domination doesn't start in one day.

Truth be told, you are only voting jk not per his achievement as a person, But only to spite your host....as you see pdp as an igbo party.
stop misinforming people..igbo took two..the remaining are one Yoruba and one urhobo
..and what is this talk about pdp being an Igbo party?when that one start?look nwannee you need to stop all these trying to see any bad in anything an Igbo person does abeg
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by ernieboy(m): 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
Though the obas statement is uncalled for how come the ibos always have problems with their host communities?

2 Likes

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Apr 06, 2015
asha80:
stop misinforming people..igbo took two..the remaining are one Yoruba and one urhobo
..and what is this talk about pdp being an Igbo party?when that one start?look nwannee you need to stop all these trying to see any bad in anything an Igbo person does abeg

thought NL reported 4. anyway the point remains that the igbos are becoming very political in another man's land.
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by bewla(m): 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
E
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

First, I am Igbo, I prefer Ambode.
Secondly, you don't threaten people to get their votes in a democratic and federal system.It's very crude, for a traditional ruler to cause unhealthy rivalry in a multi cultural community, whether he is the host or not! As for the dominating nature of the igbos, I don't care. They should bear it. Once upon a time, they were against the creation of BIAFRA(whatever that means) and fought against it with knives and guns. If they now feel dominated by the same people they forced into being nigerian, their headache!
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
asha80:

I Don't. I just refused to be ruled by emotions.
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:07pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

Shachris

You are a bloody liar. Martin Ezeh, from Igbo Ukwu in Anambra state was a former LGA chairman in ABA. He is now the traditional ruler of Igbo Ukwu in Anambra State.
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by raumdeuter: 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2015
Well said OP

Respect your host
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by hummerwise(m): 9:09pm On Apr 06, 2015
Adegbodolu1:

[size=15pt]EFULEFU NWOKEM YOU YORUBA? WHO DASH MONKEY BANANA. UMU IGBO NONSENSE[/size]
Bros forget that thing ..
Omo tile lemi...have said ma mind aint going bk..
The oba has really bleeped up..

1 Like

Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
EggovinMma:

First, I am Igbo, I prefer Ambode.
Secondly, you don't threaten people to get their votes in a democratic and federal system.It's very crude, for a traditional ruler to cause unhealthy rivalry in a multi cultural community, whether he is the host or not! As for the dominating nature of the igbos, I don't care. They should bear it. Once upon a time, they were against the creation of BIAFRA(whatever that means) and fought against it with knives and guns. If they now feel dominated, their headache!

the obas might not have the best choice of words...it's not everyone that knows How to speak in anger...still his intentions were human.

So do you want to start another as as a retaliation?
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by asha80(m): 9:11pm On Apr 06, 2015
shachris:

thought NL reported 4. anyway the point remains that the igbos are becoming very political in another man's land.
it is only two igbos...have you also considered that there are second and third generation igbos living there that do not know their village and speak only Yoruba?...the thing is the local govt those non yorubas won were also probably voted by yorubas living there
Re: My Take On The Obas Speech. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 06, 2015
Please if your host is trying to trample on your constitutional rights, he should not be respected but castigated.He is just a figure head. He is still under the laws of the LG, a tier of the federal constitution.He should be very careful!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki boasts, 'Nothing Will Happen To Me At The CCT Trial' / Hausas/fulani Now Behaving Like They Own Yorubaland. / Fulani Gun Men Kidnaps Dss Director

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.