Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,880 members, 7,802,845 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria (10028 Views)

13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / Budget Weddings : Get A Total Package For 500k / Nigerians Spend Too Much On Weddings (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 9:10pm On Apr 06, 2015
What I will be sharing on this thread is how to plan low budget weddings in Nigeria, as it is believed that weddings in Nigeria has to be expensive to be memorable. The good news is, weddings don't have to be expensive to be memorable. For more tips, promos, deals on how to plan weddings on a low budget, visit www.justbudgetweddings..com[url][/url].

La' Heiress Hospitality Services
Olamide~ The Heiress
5155FEF3
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 10:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
EXPENSIVE WEDDINGS- Is it really wise?

You can look at your wedding in two ways:
1. A wedding day or
2. A first day of your married life.

If you look at it as the first day of  your married life, then you have to think in the best interest of your new family and set your family up from the first day for success as husband and wife and not sink your ship in financial debt.

Buying the most expensive items, looking at the weddings you have attended and following the same venue styles/size, food, expensive wedding cakes, dresses, professional video/camera  crew, entertainment, suits and more guests than anyone can handle. All of these items add up and the pressure cooker doesn’t rise until after the wedding day, when all the bills are sitting on your table and you have a headache like never before in your life. Then reality kicks in and you start to realize how you could have been wise on your wedding day and invested in the future of your marriage instead because trust me, it won't be fun with her if you cant put food on the table.

If you are in it for the long haul and not just for the financial benefits, then enjoy yourselves but keep everything in  perspective and don’t look at others to have fun at your own wedding. You  will therefore have a more relaxed and enjoyable experience all together and you will still be a prince/princess for years to come rather than  just on that day.

I will end by saying, if you have the means for a lavish wedding and you are sure you will not starve after the 'one day event ', then you can decide to have an expensive wedding. But then again, is it wise?

www.justbudgetweddings..com[url][/url]

Olamide~ The Heiress
5155FEF3
olamide@la-heiress.com
bakare.lamide@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
CLIENT BRIEF vs CLIENT BUDGET
Everyone wants to save money these days. But there are always couples who expect a lavish party or event on a very strict budget. Good news! There are ways to keep your costs in check and still give your wedding a taste of luxury!

Set expectations early!

If you are planning the wedding yourself or you hire an event planner, your first duty is to set your expectations right off the bat. You need to understand that your budget won't get you everything you want. Talk with your spouse about where you are willing to scale back to save on costs, and where you want to spend the most. Have examples of some compromises ready for them to choose from.

CUT COST WHERE NECESSARY
LOCATION-  An outdoor wedding would cost more than one done in a hall.

PRINTING- Instead of spending money on printing IV's, create a website for the event and send IV's via emails. Then print IV's for the very important people.

DECOR- Here's where many people break the bank without even intending to do so. Instead of flowers as centrepieces, you can use a simple candle arrangement.

AREAS YOU SHOULD NOT CUT COST ON
These 3 areas are where I would strongly discourage you to save cost on:
- FOOD
- ENTERTAINMENT
- PHOTOGRAPHY- You won't forgive yourself  if you end up with bad pictures, even if the event didn't go as planned.
            At La' Heiress, we find a meeting point between our client's brief and our client's budget, even with small budgets, we would finetune your brief to meet your expectations.

www.justbudgetweddings..com[url][/url]

La' Heiress Hospitality services
Olamide Bakare
5155FEF3
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 1:18am On Apr 21, 2015
It is what we do best! Contact us today!

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 1:21am On Apr 21, 2015
Bridesmaids.

When it comes to choosing your bridal train, make sure you pick wisely. The work that comes with being a bridesmaid is more than it may seem at first and don't feel you must choose an equal number of men and women kiss

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
The response has been great so far, thank you to all the nairalanders that we would be planning their weddings this year, watch out for pictures soon! La' Heiress does it best! For your low budget wedding planners, contact us today and lets turn your fairytale dreams to a reality even with your low budgets!

5155FEF3

VISIT our blog www.justbudgetweddings..com[url][/url]
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 8:29am On May 18, 2015
To all our nairalanders following our thread, we are really sorry for the long silence, its been a pretty busy coupke of weeks for us, we would be sharing pictures soon. In the meantime, lets share some more tips on how to save money on weddings in Nigeria.

Olamide
La' Heiress Hospitality Services.
5155FEF3
bakare.lamide@gmail.com
olamide@la-heiress.com
www.justbudgetweddings..com
www.la-heiress.com
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 3:54pm On May 30, 2015
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 8:20am On Jun 05, 2015
THE WEDDING BUDGET: HOW TO CUT COST ON WEDDING VENDORS
You’ve probably discovered that adding the word “wedding” or “bridal” to a product or service instantly jacks the price up, and it’s super easy to go over budget.

When this happens, you have a choice: You can raise your limit, you can eliminate something you originally wanted, or you can bring in an alternative solution. Alternatives to keep the price of the wedding or reception under control:

DECORATION
Flowers are expensive. Cut back on flowers. You can limit floral arrangements on the tables and the bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids. If you feel that you must decorate the church, keep all the focus at the front.

CENTREPIECES- To rent a piece starts from N1500, you can do without them and have a cup arrangement or opt for floating candles instead.

BRIDAL PARTY
Limit the number of people in the bridal party to the amount you have to spend on gifts.

WEDDING DRESS
Bridal gowns are expensive. You don’t have to opt for the most exclusive designer dress on the rack. This is something that will hopefully only be worn once, so consider choosing something with less embellishment, or if you have exquisite sewing skills, consider purchasing a plain gown and doing it yourself. Another option is to go to a rental store and pick up a dress for a fraction of the original cost.

CATERING
Instead of a hiring a Professional caterer, you can get cooks (olopos) to cook the food, for a guest list of 1000, and depending on what your menu list is, you will need about 5 cooks and the price range starts from N2000 per day per cook. Then rent all the necessary items like the eating plates, chaffing dishes, cutlery, servers for the food etc to set up at the wedding reception.

ENTERTAINMENT
A live band can be quite expensive and you will also have to feed your vendors, so the number also applies. Consider hiring a DJ. If you can’t afford a professional DJ, another option is to record your favorite songs and use the sound system at the reception venue. (That is if your venue will allow for you to use their sound systems)

VENUE
Book your reception venue far enough in advance to make sure you get the places and dates you want. You wil also get a very good discount if you book for your venue early.

Another option is to have your reception in the fellowship hall or multipurpose room of your church or other wedding venue.

Pay all deposits and complete bills by the due dates so you don’t lose the venues.

OUTDOOR WEDDINGS
Outdoor weddings can be more expensive, you will have to put into consideration restrooms for your guests, vendors tend to charge more because of their generating machines for electricity. And you will probably have to rent all the chairs and tables which comes at no extra cost at other venues.

GUESTS
I always advise my brides to adopt a strictly by invitation approach, especially those on a budget. This way, you can eliminate unwanted guests.

But in a situation where more people show up than expected, try to make room for the extra people. Most reception venues are capable of handling an extra 50 people, which is why I advise my brides to go for a hall that can accommodate slightly more than the number of guests they are expecting. It is also advisable to prepare for more food, for atleast 50 people.This is a celebration, you really don't want to create more drama than necessary.

CHILDREN
Some brides and grooms opt to not invite children to their weddings. However, others want them there to celebrate their happy day. If you have children present, keep in mind that they are less predictable with their behavior so be prepared for anything. Most small children will get bored at a wedding reception anyway.

If children are not invited, let the parents know that if the little ones become unruly. This would let them know your expectations without coming across too harsh.

You will be just as married afterward as you would be if you had an elaborate reception.

Olamide~ The Heiress
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by tyde: 8:21pm On Jun 05, 2015
Do you want to spend less but still have that fairy tale event you've dreamt of? At MANNY Events and Decor we offer the best of Royal-like services. contact us on 08168056480,08189302835 BBM: 7E4252EC OR visit our site for more info. at www.mannyevents.com
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 11:16am On Jun 08, 2015
tyde:
Do you want to spend less but still have that fairy tale event
you've dreamt of? At MANNY Events and Decor we offer the
best of Royal-like services. contact us on
BBM: 7E4252EC
OR visit our site for more info. at www.mannyevents.com

this is very wrong. Create your own thread. You should not advertise the samething the OP is advertising on the OP thread. This is all shades of wrong!
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2015
A BAD WEDDING EXPERIENCE YOU SHOULD LEARN FROM

Let me first start by apologizing for not posting as frequently as I should have; my table has been filled with lots to do. But not to worry, I would be posting pictures of what we have been up to soon.

Okay, so I attended a wedding some time ago. I have decided to share my experience at the wedding just to buttress the points I have been making. Like I always advise my brides and couples, if you cannot afford a wedding planner, please get a coordinator. 

The Hall
I really do not understand what happened with the hall. The size of the hall showed it was to seat a maximum of 250 guests, but the seating arrangement was sooo tight! Plus they had over 850 guests (how that happened, I still do not know). To make matters worse, the Air Conditioners were not working. Apparently when the couple went to pay for the hall, they were told that the AC's would be fixed before the wedding day but they weren't fixed; it left the hall hot, coupled with the fact that it was overcrowded as well.

REMEDY
PLEASE IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU WILL HAVE MUCH MORE THAN WHAT YOU ARE PREPARED FOR, PLEASE GET AT LEAST 2 SECURITY OFFICERS TO HELP WITH THE EXCESS CROWD. IT WILL BE MONEY WELL SPENT.

The Decoration
I don't know what went wrong, the hall (I mean the chair and table arrangement) wasn't set until the morning of the event, hence the decorator couldn't finish the decoration. She ended up decorating only the stage and left the chairs and tables not covered (plastic chairs and tables). It was more annoying when I confirmed how much was paid for the decor.

REMEDY
A COORDINATOR WOULD HAVE MADE SURE THAT THE HALL WAS SET AND THAT THE DECORATOR FINISHES THE DECOR. YOU CAN ALSO USE A FAMILY MEMBER OR FRIEND TO TAKE CARE OF THAT.

ORGANISATION
Organisation was very poor. The MC had to keep announcing that they should clear the road for the couple to dance down the aisle. Local photographers and hawkers just won't make room for anyone else. It was a very annoying sight. The local photographers won't even allow the official photographer to take pictures; they were practically pushing him out of the way until the groom got really angry and asked them to leave (imagine that!)

REMEDY
USHERS AND SECURITY. THEY WOULD HAVE HELPED CLEAR THE WAY. A FAMILY MEMBER CAN ALSO TAKE CARE OF THAT BUT HE OR SHE MUST BE ASSIGNED TO DO THAT.

The Food
Funnily, the food was more than enough. The only thing I noticed was that the small chops was served after guests had eaten proper meals. (Small chops is supposed to be a starter, in case you are wondering).

The MC vs The Band
There is always this feud between the Band and the DJ, but this was way out of hand. The Band got so out of hand and started saying annoying things about the couple into the microphone! Like what?!!! Who does that?! Funny, I was still thinking that if he performed well, I would get his contact and start using him but that really annoyed me. He started saying angry words to the DJ, all because he wanted to perform on time and be sprayed money before the guests left. He kept interrupting the MC and insulting her. Thank God she was mature enough not to reply him. It was like he was sent to cause chaos at the wedding ceremony. It was really bad.

REMEDY
A COORDINATOR WOULD HAVE PUT HIM IN CHECK. I ALWAYS ADVISE THAT THE DJ AND MC GET ACQUAINTED BEFORE THE EVENT DAY. THEY SHOULD BOTH COME FOR THE VENDORS MEETING AND ALSO AGREE ON WHEN TO ALLOW THE OTHER TAKE CHARGE.

Like I always say, a wedding doesn't have to be expensive to be memorable. A lot of things could have been avoided at this wedding, even with the overcrowded hall. It is also important that you get good recommendations from other people about a particular vendor you are considering to use. 

A budget wedding may not have everything but it can be as memorable as you want it to be. Focus on what's important, spend money on the important things, make sure you double check on everything and please get a wedding day coordinator. It will be money well spent!

REMEMBER, We do it best at La' Heiress Hospitality Services. Let's make that special day of yours a memorable one for years to come!

Olamide~ The Heiress
5155FEF3
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 12:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
THE WEDDING BUDGET: HOW TO SAVE COST ON NIGERIAN WEDDING VENDORS

Over Budget
You’ve probably discovered that adding the word “wedding” or “bridal” to a product or service instantly jacks the price up, and it’s super easy to go over budget.

When this happens, you have a choice: You can raise your limit, you can eliminate something you originally wanted, or you can bring in an alternative solution. Alternatives to keep the price of the wedding or reception under control:

DECORATION
Flowers are expensive. Cut back on flowers. You can limit floral arrangements on the tables and the bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids. If you feel that you must decorate the church, keep all the focus at the front.

CENTREPIECES- To rent a piece starts from N1500, you can do without them and have a cup arrangement or opt for floating candles instead.

BRIDAL PARTY
Limit the number of people in the bridal party to the amount you have to spend on gifts.

WEDDING DRESS
Bridal gowns are expensive. You don’t have to opt for the most exclusive designer dress on the rack. This is something that will hopefully only be worn once, so consider choosing something with less embellishment, or if you have exquisite sewing skills, consider purchasing a plain gown and doing it yourself. Another option is to go to a rental store and pick up a dress for a fraction of the original cost.

CATERING
Instead of a hiring a Professional caterer, you can get cooks (olopos) to cook the food, for a guest list of 1000, and depending on what your menu list is, you will need about 5 cooks and the price range starts from N2000 per day per cook. Then rent all the necessary items like the eating plates, chaffing dishes, cutlery, servers for the food etc to set up at the wedding reception.

ENTERTAINMENT
A live band can be quite expensive and you will also have to feed your vendors, so the number also applies. Consider hiring a DJ. If you can’t afford a professional DJ, another option is to record your favorite songs and use the sound system at the reception venue. (That is if your venue will allow for you to use their sound systems)

VENUE
Book your reception venue far enough in advance to make sure you get the places and dates you want. You wil also get a very good discount if you book for your venue early.

Another option is to have your reception in the fellowship hall or multipurpose room of your church or other wedding venue.

Pay all deposits and complete bills by the due dates so you don’t lose the venues.

OUTDOOR WEDDINGS
Outdoor weddings can be more expensive, you will have to put into consideration restrooms for your guests, vendors tend to charge more because of their generating machines for electricity. And you will probably have to rent all the chairs and tables which comes at no extra cost at other venues.

GUESTS
I always advise my brides to adopt a strictly by invitation approach, especially those on a budget. This way, you can eliminate unwanted guests.

But in a situation where more people show up than expected, try to make room for the extra people. Most reception venues are capable of handling an extra 50 people, which is why I advise my brides to go for a hall that can accommodate slightly more  than the number of guests they are expecting. It is also advisable to prepare for more food, for atleast 50 people.This is a celebration, you really don't want to create more drama than necessary.

CHILDREN
Some brides and grooms opt to not invite children to their weddings. However, others want them there to celebrate their happy day. If you have children present, keep in mind that they are less predictable with their behavior so be prepared for anything. Most small children will get bored at a wedding reception anyway.

If children are not invited, let the parents know that the little ones can become unruly. This would let them know your expectations without coming across too harsh.

You will be just as married afterward as you would be if you had an elaborate reception.

Olamide~ The Heiress
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 8:01pm On Jun 29, 2015
CHOOSING YOUR WEDDING VENUE (questions to ask)

When brides and grooms start looking for wedding venues, too often they fall in love with the beauty of the place and sign a contract before they've considered the more practical things. But unless the place is so magical that you're willing to plan your whole event around it, your shouldn't choose between wedding venues until you've decided approximately how many guests you're inviting and the size of your budget.

You'll also need to decide if you want to have your ceremony and reception in the same place, or if you want an all-in-one wedding venue.Once you know these things, and you have a few wedding venues in mind that fit that budget and size, then it's time to start asking questions!

*What's the decor like?

*Does it fit your style and wedding colors?

*Will you have to spend a lot of money on decorations to make it beautiful?

*Do they have an in-house caterer, and do you like that food? (While an in-house caterer can be easier and cheaper, sometimes the food is not as beautiful as the room. So make sure you taste it!)

*Do they have a limitation on which outside caterers you can use?

*Do they have adequate bathroom facilities?

*Is the wedding venue wheelchair accessible? If not, are there many stairs to climb? You have to put into consideration the elderly guests you would be inviting.

*How close is the parking to the ceremony and reception rooms?

*What's the cancellation policy?

*Is there a payment schedule?

*What kind of deposits are required?

*Are there any hidden costs? (Before you sign the contract, read it carefully.)

*What are the overtime charges?

*Do they have a liquor license?

*Will they allow you to bring your own liquor? (This is usually cheaper, even with the customary corkage fee.)

*Is there room in the wedding venue for a band and/or dancing?

*Does the wedding venue already own a sound system with adequate speakers or will that need to be rented?

*Is there a space for the bride and groom to change and/or relax?

*Where will you take photographs? Is there a park nearby, or do the coordinators have recommended spots on the grounds?

*Who will be supervising and troubleshooting before and on the day of your wedding? Can you meet them now?

*Where can your guests park their vehicles? If there is no adequate space, is there an alternative parking area for them?

*Please also remember to ask if they will power the hall, especially for all the vendors that would be needing electricity for their equipments. Some halls only power the hall for the decoration and AC's, which would mean the band and DJ would have to bring theor generating sets and that could make them charge higher.

*Are there extra fees for parking?

*Is the wedding venue convenient to public transportation, especially in big cities? How long will it take your guests to get there?

*Especially in hotels or VIP lounges, restaurants, are there limitations on decorations?

*Do they limit food and drinks to only certain areas of the wedding venue?

*Are candles or other open flames allowed?

* Do they allow overnight decoration? Some hall venues are very big and would need to be set up days before the event.

* How much is their caution fee for the vendors, like the decorator, drinks! E.t.c?

*If its an outdoor location, do they have any backup plans for rain or other inclement weather? If not, is there a place that you can put up a tent? 

WHEN LOOKING AT SEPARATE WEDDING RECEPTION VENUES AND CEREMONY LOCATIONS

*How far is it from one location to the other?

*Do the two places have the same level of formality and a coordinating style?

*Do they both accommodate about the same number of guests?

*Does the wedding reception venue have any experience with weddings from your ceremony location? 

WHEN LOOKING FOR WEDDING VENUES FOR BOTH CEREMONY AND RECEPTION

*Do they own enough chairs for the ceremony, or will they need to be rented?

*Does the wedding venue have an entirely separate area for the ceremony? 

Hopefully, these questions will help you cover the basics while you're looking at wedding venues. In your search for a wedding venue, there will probably be even more questions that arise for you personally. For example, you may want the venue to reflect your heritage, or with a large wedding party, you may need ample parking for limosines.

Hope this will help in your venue searching! Good luck!

Olamide~ The Heiress

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 8:06pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sorry peeps, the last thread was truncated. This is the beginning of the thread. Sorry for any inconveniences

...When brides and grooms start looking for wedding venues, too often they fall in love with the beauty of the place and sign a contract before they've considered the more practical things. But unless the place is so magical that you're willing to plan your whole event around it, your shouldn't choose between wedding venues until you've decided approximately how many guests you're inviting and the size of your budget.
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 10:00am On Aug 05, 2015
We are all about small budget weddings in Nigeria.

Let's Create your dream wedding while working with your budget.

Contact us today
08187003137 (WhatsApp)
bakare.lamide@gmail.com
olamide@la-heiress.com

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 10:33am On Aug 05, 2015
Did you know?

Recently, we suggested a week-day wedding to a bride of ours. On getting to most reception venues, we were getting really good prices. The venue we finally concluded on, slashed it's price from their normal N650,000 to N250,000. We bet that if most couples knew this, there would be more weekly weddings than weekend weddings.

Having your wedding on a week day will save you much more money than you expect and you will still have a fabulous day!

We are all about small budget weddings in Nigeria.

Contact us today and let's make it happen for your dream wedding on that small budget.

08187003137 (WhatsApp)
bakare.lamide@gmail.com
olamide@la-heiress.com
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 9:39am On Aug 27, 2015
Small and Intimate Weddings

I am always amazed by couples who contact me for small budget weddings and go ahead to say they are expecting 500 to 700 or even 1000guests with a really small budget. Fulky aware of the fact that if you can confidently say that you are catering for 500 guests, then you should actually be prepared for atleast 700 or 800 guests, especially in Nigeria.

When planning a "small wedding" size really does matter. Start off by deciding whether you want a low buget small wedding or an extravagant low-key wedding with a few guests.

When planned right, know that a low-budget small wedding with a few guests can look really elegant and classy. And when it comes to weddings, smaller may actually be better.

There is more time for the bride and groom to spend with their guests, the group really gets to know one another, and everyone contributes to the event in his or her own way.

Intimate celebrations, it seems, have certain advantages. Here, we unveil the truth behind small celebrations...

For more on this topic, visit www.justbudgetweddings..com[url][/url] you will thank me later.

You can have a small and memorable wedding and that's what we do. We make it happen for that bride on a budget.

Contact us today:

08187003137 (whatsapp)
olamide@la-heiress.com
www.la-heiress.com
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 9:43am On Aug 27, 2015
Please visit www.justbudgetweddings..com for tips, promos, deals and features on how to achieve a more for less wedding in Nigeria.

As impossible as it may sound because of the way Nigerian weddings are becoming fast luxury events that gulps millions, it is interesting to know that a wedding can still be small and intimate and still feel as luxurious as you want it to be.

This iswhere we come in.

contact us today and you will be glad you did.

Let's turn your beautiful love story into a beautiful wedding, even with your small budgets.

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by mrsage(m): 7:40am On Sep 09, 2015
Educative

1 Like

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by jessica23: 5:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
Very helpful tips, I learnt a lot already. My traditional wedding is coming up in December, I need help with IV'S of about 20 copies only. Having looked at some recommended sites which have 50 copies as their minimum, could you please recommend a good printer that could do less copies?
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 8:06am On Sep 26, 2015
Hello @jessica23, thank you for your comment. The thing with prints is, the higher the number the less the price and the lower the number the more the price. This is because, printing works by impression, that is, for each plate, it can run a thousand times. If you do 20 pieces , you will still pay the same amount for the plate, whether it is 20 pieces or 500 pieces you make. So telling a printer to print 20 pieces will probably cost you more than a 100 pieces.
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 8:08am On Sep 26, 2015
THE IMPORTANCE OF A PRE-WEDDING CONSULTATION

I cannot over emphasize the importance of a pre-wedding consultation. No bride should plan a wedding without a proper consultation. It will save you a lot of money and stress and also helps you to avoid some critical mistakes which may affect the success of the wedding.

A few days ago, a couple came in for their pre-wedding consultation. After much debate on my consultation fee, the groom eventually agreed and decided to come with his bride-to-be.

After the consultation, he asked, " how do you make your profit? I thought there was no need for a consultation fee but now, I don't think you charge enough, i am more than glad i came today, i couldnt even continue jotting, I know and understand more now and he just went on and on..." I was hired on the spot.

We went through all the vendors, one after the other and explained what to know and expect from each one of them. Also giving them ideas on how to bring their dream wedding to life! It took about 4 to 5 hours but it was worth it.

More so, I was able to get a 60k off their photography with whom they had already bargained with, all because of the planner\vendor relationship i had with him.

A pre-wedding consultation is not a luxury, it is a way of avoiding wedding planning mistakes by 80%.

Olamide~ The Heiress

Contact us today:
08187003137 (WhatsApp)

1 Like

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 10:03am On Oct 02, 2015
When choosing a hall for your event, you should take into consideration the hall decoration (the hall itself). Because the setting of the venue may well suggest the color theme for you. If the hall has strong colors, you'll need to select a color scheme that complements.

I mean you wouldn't want your orange and green against a lemonish-blue draped windows, over-pattered carpets and bright red walls. If your heart is set on a color, then you must pick a neutrally decorated hall/site.

However, if you don't succeed in your search for the perfect hall, and get stuck with such over-patterned kind, consider predominantly white and/or cream for the color scheme, as this will be both effective and matching.

This will also allow you to add a touch here and there of your color theme without overdoing it, but you can be sure that these splashes of color will tone down any spartan feel of the white theme.

Olamide~ The Heiress
08187003137 (WhatsApp only)
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by yinkeys(m): 12:42am On Oct 27, 2015
jessica23:
Very helpful tips, I learnt a lot already. My traditional wedding is coming up in December, I need help with IV'S of about 20 copies only. Having looked at some recommended sites which have 50 copies as their minimum, could you please recommend a good printer that could do less copies?
Wow, you've been on NL since 2009 yet you've got very few posts

1 Like

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by LaHeiress(f): 5:04am On Dec 24, 2015
Small Weddings are becoming harder by the day to achieve in Nigeria. Mainly because of social media. Every bride wants their wedding featured by popular wedding blogs (can you blame them? Who no like better thing). More so, upcoming vendors feel they need to increase their prices due to the hype of other famous vendors on social media.

When planning your wedding, think about this...

1. The people you try to please on social media won't pay the debts for you after the wedding.

2. Your wedding pictures will be forgotten the moment another superior wedding is featured.

3. Whether you spend millions or thousands, whether it's a big wedding or a small wedding, you will still be married anyway and is that not the whole point for the celebration?

4. No money after wedding cost isn't the best way to start a new marriage and lack of money is one of the fundamental causes for marital issues.

5. Owing vendors who have delivered their services isn't cool. And trust me, you do not want them burning up your phone every minute of the day. It can destroy a good relationship.

6. And like I always advise, if you have the money and you want a lavish wedding, by all means, go for it, as long as it doesn't end up in debts afterwards.

Olamide~ The Heiress
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by Rossydoll(f): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2018
Are you an Efik/Oron bride and you are confused as to how you'd get to buy or rent bridal hair, combs and staff?? Look no further.. Contact me on the email: rosebasil06@gmail.com
Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by kraspsberr: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
Our 2019 wedding planning package is here. With as low as 1.6 million naira, you can have the wedding of your dreams.

Our Package covers:
Photo|Video|DJ|MC|Food|Drinks|Cake |Cocktails|Chops|Decor|Hair & Makeup |Invitation|Program|Souvenirs| Bouncer
|Ushers|Planning & Coordination

We will be happy to speak with you about your wedding
Please call us on 07037181861
or email storypageevents@gmail.com
visit www.storypageevents.com
or our instagram handle www.instagram.com/storypageevents
to view our work

Re: Small Budget Weddings In Nigeria by Godoora(f): 8:40pm On May 27, 2023
How to plan a low-key wedding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SNCG1FqOGo

(1) (Reply)

How Did You Spend Your Holiday? / Whitelexi!congrats / Winners Of Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.