Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech (67282 Views)

I Want To Die In The Lagoon Shirts Now Trending In Lagos / “Every Ethnic Group Safe Under Me” - Ambode Disowns 'Die In The Lagoon" Speech / Is This The Audio Of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by nzeadachie: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2015
BUSHHUNTER:
igbos do wat he says to avoid problem
WHO IS HIM? WHICH PROBLEM? MARK MY WORD THE MAN WILL DIE IF HE TRY ANY NONSENSE
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by toprealman: 12:44am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
This video is showing us what exactly transpired . The Oba was laughing with his subjects- the Igbo visitors

This is a false alarm by the enemies! The Igbo elders were laughing and enjoying themselves.

I think all these noise makers should now apologize to the Oba of Lagos!

The statements attributed to him were tongue in cheek comments! They were colloquial statements misinterpreted by evil doers

Thank God the video is now out!

God bless the Oba!

Hit Like for Ambode and Share for the Great Oba of Lagos!
False alarm? Laughing and enjoying themselves? You must be a massive fool to think everyone is as daft as you.
This Akiolu is a massive disappointment. You can feel the hatred written all over his face. Tell the goon that Igbo people are a blessed race. Throw them into the lagoon and they will convert it to an island.
#LagoonLuv

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Bifwoli: 12:46am On Apr 07, 2015
REALODUA:
we Yoruba reject pdp, if Igbo love pdp they can go home and vote them , oba has spoken, vote pdp die in lagoon simple.

Are you wishing Nigeria to see the massive Rwanda + Kenya style bloodshed? Both were done in the name of politics and tribalism.

Good coz Nigerians can now see who is the real national enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by nzeadachie: 12:47am On Apr 07, 2015
Omololu007:
he said it,so wetin una fit do about it?
THUNDER WILL STRIKE THE ANIMAL IF HE TRY ANY NONSENSE
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by LagosStar: 12:49am On Apr 07, 2015
Much as I feel Oba shouldn't have made his point in support of Ambode the way he did, I doubt his comment will change the fortune of next Saturday Gubernatorial race in Lagos. We all know long before now that Igbos are for PDP and it is not the comment of Oba that is making them vote PDP.

Even if Oba should apologise, it will change nothing because we know Igbos will still vote for PDP. So I urge every Yoruba voter in Lagos to stand up and be counted behind Ambode. The battle for the soul of Lagos has long be drawn, it didn't start with Oba's statement.

That said, am not sure Igbo want the hostility of their hosts, and should they massively vote for JK and Ambode wins...... Nuff said.

Saturday is just few days away, I pray Ambode wins.

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by rexzqcom(m): 12:49am On Apr 07, 2015
lastpage:

Its all about NUMBERS!

If the S/East and S/South "combined" have the numbers, what Asari said wouldn't have mattered!
This is the simple truth that Igbos fail to grasp!

Or do you think Yorubas will be stewpid enough to vote for JK......... and make Lagos an opposition state?
Not in a million years!

I know if it is Igbos, they could be tricked to do so! grin grin

Lastpage!

Yes is all about numbers.
Primarily "addition" .
Certainly Asari threats and vulgarities, especially to Danjuma and other middle belt and northerners did not add to the numbers. If anything, guess made undecided voters everywhere weary of his candidate.

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:51am On Apr 07, 2015
REALODUA:
igbo don't know nigeria politics, we Yoruba hold our respected obas in high esteem, I mean respected ones not the jona dollars one, oba of Lagos is the real definition of first class oba. Mark my words, watch ibo obis and politicians come beg him in days. igbos can't joke with their shops this oba is fighting for his unborn generation just before you make a mess of Lagos like your aba and onisha.
BIG FOOL.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by missangela: 1:07am On Apr 07, 2015
LagosStar:
Much as I feel Oba shouldn't have made his point in support of Ambode the way he did, I doubt his comment will change the fortune of next Saturday Gubernatorial race in Lagos. We all know long before now that Igbos are for PDP and it is not the comment of Oba that is making them vote PDP.
Even if Oba should apologise, it will change nothing because we know Igbos will still vote for PDP. So I urge every Yoruba voter in Lagos to stand up and be counted behind Ambode. The battle for the soul of Lagos has long be drawn, it didn't start with Oba's statement.
That said, am not sure Igbo want the hostility of their hosts, and should they massively vote for JK and Ambode wins...... Nuff said.
Saturday is just few days away, I pray Ambode wins.

Nonsense!,Jk is a true son of the soil,and even more Yoruba than Ambode from ondo state!

3 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 1:07am On Apr 07, 2015
Those Igbo leaders are cowards for not being able to stand up to the king. All of them were shouting Kabiyesi, none could even stand up to be counted. Yet they are the ones shouting everywhere now. Cowards.

The king should thread carefully and behave wisely. Power is transient. If Akinolu is wise, he would stay far away from politics. He can still support Ambode without showing it to the whole world.

I prefer Ambode to Agbaje but I am not fanatical about it. If Agbaje wins, he will be under intense pressure to perform inorder to keep his seat. So, it's still a win for Lagos. If Ambode wins, he will also perform. So, it's still a win for Lagos.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Jaydenphoenix: 1:09am On Apr 07, 2015
People should be diplomatic . With all the noise being made about this statement, what would happen to the ibos if ambode wins? Would the oba find it funny that he was ridiculed?

On the other hand, if Agbaje wins, how would that affect the oba? He's a Yoruba man and he would still be a subject.

Finally, the oba's statement is unfortunate, however I believe it's something an eze can also say in the SE. Its just that it was recorded.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by quickly: 1:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Liegeria:
Those Igbo leaders are cowards for not being able to stand up to the king. All of them were shouting Kabiyesi, none could even stand up to be counted. Yet they are the ones shouting everywhere now. Cowards.

The king should thread carefully and behave wisely. Power is transient. If Akinolu is wise, he would stay far away from politics. He can still support Ambode without showing it to the whole world.

I prefer Ambode to Agbaje but I am not fanatical about it. If Agbaje wins, he will be under intense pressure to perform inorder to keep his seat. So, it's still a win for Lagos. If Ambode wins, he will also perform. So, it's still a win for Lagos.

NO PDP IN LAGOS EVEN IF YOU HAVE A GOOD MAN LIKE JONATHAN PDP IS FULL OF THEIVES
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Faraidi(m): 1:15am On Apr 07, 2015
raumdeuter:
Well said Kabiyesi

The meaning of Kabiyesi is who dares question you

You have said it and who dares question you
Foolish APC Oba,he has bitten more than he can chew
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by SWDude: 1:20am On Apr 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Ayatullah(m): 1:23am On Apr 07, 2015
MAJORITY OF IBOS ARE GREEDY AND UNGRATEFUL!
The Oba of Lagos should be commended for putting the ungrateful Ibos where they belong. I have not seen a group of wicked, greedy and ungrateful group of people.

Indeed is it possible for any ethnic national to enjoy in Ibo land what the Ibos are enjoying in Lagos?

They always complain of being marginalised, yet they dominate a lot in many spheres of economic activity across Nigeria.

El-Rufai as the FCT Minister then confirmed the Ibos has the largest plot of land in the FCT.

Give the Ibos a chance they will want to dominate, yet they will keep complaining of being dominated.

Kudos to the Oba of Lagos, he is indeed a Great Yoruba Leader of our time.

Long live the king!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by SWDude: 1:23am On Apr 07, 2015
missangela:

Nonsense!,Jk is a true son of the soil,and even more Yoruba than Ambode from ondo state!

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by nzeadachie: 1:27am On Apr 07, 2015
Ayatullah:
MAJORITY OF IBOS ARE GREEDY AND UNGRATEFUL!
The Oba of Lagos should be commended for putting the ungrateful Ibos where they belong. I have not seen a group of wicked, greedy and ungrateful group of people.

Indeed is it possible for any ethnic national to enjoy in Ibo land what the Ibos are enjoying in Lagos?

They always complain of being marginalised, yet they dominate a lot in many spheres of economic activity across Nigeria.

El-Rufai as the FCT Minister then confirmed the Ibos has the largest plot of land in the FCT.

Give the Ibos a chance they will want to dominate, yet they will keep complaining of being dominated.

Kudos to the Oba of Lagos, he is indeed a Great Yoruba Leader of our time.

Long live the king!
YOU'RE A STUPID ANIMAL, ARE THEY NOT BUYING THOSE PLOTS WITH THEIR MONEY? PUT YOUR FAMILY HOUSE FOR SALE TOMORROW AND I WILL BUY IT, LAZY PEOPLE!!!!!!! IF YOUR SO CALLED OBA DO ANYHOW HE GO SEE ANYHOW

5 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by knxpin(m): 1:33am On Apr 07, 2015
OBA,the last time I bought your last parcel of land in Lagos with my hard earned money,
You told me that you were scheduled to have a brain surgery to remove the Maggots that
was accumulated in your brain,I just found out that the surgery was postponed.Get well soon OBA.

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 07, 2015
REALODUA:
we Yoruba reject pdp, if Igbo love pdp they can go home and vote them , oba has spoken, vote pdp die in lagoon simple.

This one go school?
Ana akogheri! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 07, 2015
yellowman2225:
Ive seen the video and quite agree with Oba Akiolu. He spelt it out loud and clear that whatever you cannot do in onitsha or aba should not be done in Lagos. I believe Lagos in the past has been fair enough to have commissioners of lagos state from igbo origin while other tribes in Nigeria living in Lagos just like the Igbos cannot boast of having anything close to what the igbos have politically. Listenning to one of the interviews of the great sadauna of sokoto in the sixties, he mentioned that the igbos are always trying to outshine their hosts.

How will you come and live with me in my house and you will want to be deciding for me the kind of rule i have in my own household. As long as we cannot do that to you in the east, do not try it here. If east good, why you no stay for yonder. Same hypocrites who shouts oil belongs to ss will come to lagos and shout lagos is no man land. smh

Does any igbo state in nigeria has yoruba commissioners like lagos allow.
Does the igbos disobey their igwe when he speaks just like akiolu has spoken
Do igbos have similar attitude of hosting/ selling lands to stranger in their gully erosion land in the east like yorubaland did and will always do to other tribes.

For your information the Hausas and Yorubas has some things in common like obeying our Kings just as they are tradionally regarded as gods sent -note the small g- i mean deities of the land sent.

We do not wake up in the morning and kixk our fathers in the butt like you do in your state. WE respect our fathers / Kings cos they speak for the gods.

After your goatluck Jonathan has lost, i believe you should learn and follow the part to save your region but you still want to shoot yourself in the legs.

Finally, you need to understand that the only way an igbo man can get to the topmost part politically in Nigeria is to allign with at least 3 other regions to make headway, else you are a gonner. You have only 5 states while every other region has at least six. So, how on earth do you believe 5 can win almost 40. You are politically backword and never ready to learn. SOON, YOU WILL START SHOUTING MARGINALIZATION WHERE THERE IS NONE.

Finally, note that from topmost 1- 20 in goatlord Jonathan administration you can hardly find any yoruba, yet we complained not. Just wait and you will start smelling your shame in the political ladscape of the country.

qoute me and jump jump into the lagoon. grin grin grin tongue tongue kiss cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hail the King.

Remember to put the logos of gully erosion in you biafran flag when you are ready. here are some in case you do not have money to take snapshot

Your god-sent unreasonable king?

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by kasbeats(m): 1:46am On Apr 07, 2015
BUH

[color=#000099][/color]
This King Bleep up sha

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Defcon1(m): 1:52am On Apr 07, 2015
alex406:
Nairaland have succeeded in chasing away matured minds thereby habouring children and grandchildren. The tribal war I see everyday here will definitely not only sink this website but it will go a long way in destroying the country at large and the image of the good people of this nation.
May your days be long and prosperous

3 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by 49cents(m): 1:56am On Apr 07, 2015
adaweezy:
I listened to an mp3 voice on sound cloud purported to be that of Oba of Lagos and showing that Kabiyesi uttered those unfortunate words/threats. 

If that is true, I really feel it's a very bad moment of indiscretion for Kabiyesi to have said those things. It is totally unjustifiable. People say worse things in hush tones, they are never for public consumption. 

In any case, I think it's better for the warring parties to sheathe their swords. As unfortunate as those words are, a party may not emerge from it any better.

You do not travel 100 of miles to a foreign land and expect that you can determine who become their king for them. At least, you do not say it LOUDLY or RECKLESSLY.

Those who recklessly play INTRUSIVE POLITICS should do unto others what they can also accept from others. 

As God liveth, AMBODE is the next Governor of Lagos State and any INTRUSIVE gang-up politics that couldn't save GEJ will not safe Jimi Agbaje who is JUST KIDDING.

Just weeks ago, the Awujale said no Oba is allowed toto tell the people whom to voye for?

for your infomation lagos used to be the capital of Nigeria hence the concentration of the non-indigenes

Lagos has been ruled by non-lagsians since 1999

yet it is ok for the OIL in the south south to be termed NIGERIA OIL and the likes of GEJ accused of stealing OUR OIL MONEY

all i see is double standards, shifting goal posts and flagrant tribalisn

are we one Nigeria as we claim?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by 49cents(m): 2:22am On Apr 07, 2015
lastpage:

Actually, that statement was uncalled for.
Traditional Rulers ought to comport themselves and live by decorum so that the respect we have for them can be sustainable, long term.
The Shenanigans of Obas, in recent time, much like that of Pastors/G.O's, is getting annoying.

Even if the Oba was dead serious about what he said, he is still the Oba of Lagos, only his subjects (like Ambode, APC, Lagosians, Yorubas, e.t.c) can offer apologies ON HIS BEHALF.
Dont even dream of expecting the Oba to apologize in person...No tin your dreams.
And "diplomatically", the Oba's office has denied this statement.... which should have been enough to assuage the feeling sof our Igbo brothers but dem no dey hear "leave am", very heady bunch!

But then, l noticed that the Igbos in that meeting were all laughing and even clapping for the Oba!
Why would they do that if the statement is to be taken literally?
They can be that DAFT/ FEARFUL or was the Oba not speaking English, which l believe they understood?

Again, the Oba did not say they would die in the LAGOON as Igbos have twisted his statement.

He said they would die IN THIS [size=18pt]"GUTTER"[/size]
Go listen to it again.

It is apparent that it was really tongue-in-cheek statement and the Igbos should apologize to the Oba and Yorubas in general otherwise, they would be made to pay for this infamy.... ina few days/weeks time.

Insulting your own Eze might be your culture but when you bring that mentality ot the S/West, you are courting real trouble.
A word is enough for the wise.... if dem get sense at all sha. undecided

Lastpage!

i still owe you a rejoinder in the last thread where i had to quote you

The Oba said if igbos dont vote for ambode that that will be the end for for the igbos

he mentioned lagoon ooo

Nigeria is not yet one

Are igbos mining gold in lagos or drilling oil here?

are we not working our asses out like everyone else?

what is this talk of igbo domination everywhere?

we wanted to be on our own, Nigerians fought us to defeat

we have been sidelined from the Presidency

now we cant vote for a yoruba man in Lagos

lets stop deceiving ourselves, by saying one Nigeria

we should just reboot the regional system where non-indigines cant vite

5 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by SkinnyDude(m): 2:31am On Apr 07, 2015
ebamma:
.The owner of this forum doesn't know what he is doing,
Is it all about money and web traffic for u mr Seun?
The sane thing to do here is deleting all the topics related to the oba saga, but u are here bringing it to the frontpage,
what is said online doesn't stay online mr Seun, what is going on here might lead to war out there in the streets of Lagos,
Delete this threads now
1.2 Million views.

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by 49cents(m): 2:36am On Apr 07, 2015
alex406:
Nairaland have succeeded in chasing away matured minds thereby habouring children and grandchildren. The tribal war I see everyday here will definitely not only sink this website but it will go a long way in destroying the country at large and the image of the good people of this nation.

it is full of kids i swear

that is why i only read and sometime quote just to educate them every now and then

you know when babies start to talk they will just be talking endlessly walahi

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 2:37am On Apr 07, 2015
Ishilove:
These videos have surfaced online and prove that indeed, His Royal Majesty, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, custodian of the royal throne of Lagos state, did really make the incendiary comments that have sparked massive outrage amongst the good people of Lagos state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXc1S6qO_Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GSSOMC0rV0
Oba Aliolu you will face the anger of God soon. .....
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 2:38am On Apr 07, 2015
Ishilove:
These videos have surfaced online and prove that indeed, His Royal Majesty, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, custodian of the royal throne of Lagos state, did really make the incendiary comments that have sparked massive outrage amongst the good people of Lagos state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXc1S6qO_Xg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GSSOMC0rV0
Oba Akiolu you will face the anger of God soon. .....
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by tpiadotcom: 2:39am On Apr 07, 2015
ebamma:
.The owner of this forum doesn't know what he is doing,
Is it all about money and web traffic for u mr Seun?
The sane thing to do here is deleting all the topics related to the oba saga, but u are here bringing it to the frontpage,

like they will answer or agree with you?

someone will soon point out you "have a contrite heart but unfortunately its always set against every ones opinion and negative, nuff said"

the crap that goes on here is just so annoying.

I hate when people are half baked and refuse to expand their thinking.
Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 2:39am On Apr 07, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
This video is showing us what exactly transpired . The Oba was laughing with his subjects- the Igbo visitors

This is a false alarm by the enemies! The Igbo elders were laughing and enjoying themselves.

I think all these noise makers should now apologize to the Oba of Lagos!

The statements attributed to him were tongue in cheek comments! They were colloquial statements misinterpreted by evil doers

Thank God the video is now out!

God bless the Oba!

Hit Like for Ambode and Share for the Great Oba of Lagos!

Please be quiet
They had to laugh after all they were in his palace
He could kill and use them for rituals
When you see a mad man you better be wise enough to pacify him till you are out of his sight

3 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by perculiarperson: 2:50am On Apr 07, 2015
This man is setting a terrible precedence. Just because he is afraid of losing he has resorted to issuing death threats on people who are industrious irrespective of location...

He has shown his stupidity and folly to the world now! As the bible says folly dwells in the bosom of fools.

In this day and age where things are done through negotiations and lobbying, a man wakes up to threaten.

He has rubbished his throne... Well that throne was that of a Duke not a king... He is meant to be addressed as Chief Akiolu...

Silly and an uncouth man!

2 Likes

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 07, 2015
Let this be an eye opener to Igbos that the lazy good for nothing touts you hear issuing threats online have fathers and grandfathers just like that oba.
Their pain is real
if this is what they have for an oba you can imagine how much depraved his subjects are.
Never seen a set of very little men as far as mind is concerned

Looks like whenever they need a lunatic to speak they know where to find them
Fayose
FFK
Oba akiolu
Guess their common denominator?

1 Like

Re: Video of Oba Akiolu's 'Die In The Lagoon' Speech by nextstep(m): 3:00am On Apr 07, 2015
I think this Oba just made my mind up for me. You can now also cross out Lagos from my list of places to build a factory. If all it takes for me to lose everything is someone stirring up hatred against me, why should I consider staying there? Can't wait until we develop our land, then we'll happily stay away.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

List Of States That Got Bail-Out Funds To Offset Salary Arrears / Rashida Bello In Dubai For Weight Reduction / Ekiti Governor-Elect, Fayemi, Celebrates With Governors After His Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.