Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,095 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo (36322 Views)

Nana Akufo-Addo Visits Owerri For Imo Day Of Thanksgiving (pics) / Buratai Looks Corporate As Okorocha Hosts Him & Others To State Dinner In Owerri / Patience Jonathan Visits Owerri, Imo State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 07, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I can bet my life those tribalistic fools will not listen to Rochas Okorocha.
He is really fighting hard for the Igbos but they will show their appreciation by voting him out. The Igbos are ingrates

Pls leave us alone.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Orikinla(m): 10:56am On Apr 07, 2015
Lemon12:
so u mean i should keep quiet... After ur oba threaten to kill all igbos in lagos?
[size=28pt]Stop tribal bigotry.
If the Oba has misfired, the best political resolution is to correct him and make peace and not pouring fuel on hot charcoals of tribal bigotry to worsen the crisis. [/size]

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by 989900: 10:56am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Collynzo9: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
Brandnew2:

Isn't it obvious from the turn of events?
No one listens to his rubbish as the results in Imo state proved.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by cana882(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
Bt y is igbo d only tribe fighting against oda tribes in Nigeria? If u Hv a problem wit every1 den, check well cos ur d problem undecided

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by richidinho(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by richidinho(m): 10:57am On Apr 07, 2015
Okorocha shld make himself available for a ministerial appointment

#Godwin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by ArodeTsolaye: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2015
There is an Igbo adage that says- adighi epu e'ze maka Iji onye ozo( We do not grow teeth for another man's yam). The Buhari govt is a 'yoruba-hausa yam', let them eat. When we harvest our own, we go chop.
Igbo should take over the driving seats in PDP and build it for the future.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by neweraomo: 10:58am On Apr 07, 2015
sai baba

1 Like

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by mpowa(m): 10:59am On Apr 07, 2015
It is exactly thesame reason why I think people should vote for Ambode. IMO Ambode, Jimi, there's no much difference, but think Lagos should feel the government at the center finally after all these years.

But course people have the right to make their choice, if the Igbos wants to use it to make a statement against just a ceremonial king and Ambode loss, well na these Lagos we all dey na! if heaven will fall, it'll definitely affect everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Collynzo9:
No one listens to his rubbish as the results in Imo state proved.
Okay sir. cheesy
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
Orikinla:

[size=28pt]Stop tribal bigotry.
If the Oba has misfired, the best political resolution is to correct him and make peace and not pouring fuel on hot charcoals of tribal bigotry to worsen the crisis. [/size]
no the best thing is the jail him for this hate speech

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by babestella: 11:00am On Apr 07, 2015
abduljabbar4:
I can bet my life those tribalistic fools will not listen to Rochas Okorocha.
He is really fighting hard for the Igbos but they will show their appreciation by voting him out. The Igbos are ingrates

I think the most igbos are not really interested in politics. Whoever rules, no wahala as long as the igbos have peace in their domain and they can do their business peacefully, they are ok. One important thing you should know is that everyone cannot vote one party, but the winner of the presidential race must carry everyone and evey region along. Don't we have democracy again?

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by modath(f): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2015
Collynzo9:
Seems like your reasoning is upside down. Since the election results were announced, Igbos have accepted it, but others especially Yorubas keep castigating Igbos for rejecting APC totally. So who is crying more than the bereaved here?

Seems,but its not i assure you..... everyone is entitled to their political stand but the word betrayal should never be applied.. Okorocha is a good governor (according to imo people) but the reason he is being vilified now is cos he is in APC... whatever the igbos do is their concern.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by sophtaf(f): 11:01am On Apr 07, 2015
modath:
The election is over and done with,the winner has promised to work for everyone, while the loser has asked for everyone's co operation for the incoming regime but some still insist on crying more than the bereaved.
hehe
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by blazetitov: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Lemon12:
so u mean i should keep quiet... After ur oba threaten to kill all igbos in lagos?

How is that possible Lets be reasonable abeg. Blowing what is not out of proportion will not solve anything, moreover, the Oba will not be breathing down anybody's neck on election date to vote for his choice. So this is a non issue as far as am concerned. From the video i saw, the Oba only meant those who will make lagos ungovernable and not law abiding Igbos who are doing their legitimate businesses. I wonder why all the so called Eze Ndigbos present clapped for the monarch after the speech.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Collynzo9: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2015
modath:

Seems,but its not i assure you..... everyone is entitled to their political stand but the word betrayal should never be applied.. Okorocha is a good governor (according to imo people) but the reason he is being vilified now is cos he is in APC... whatever the igbos do is their concern.
Who are the Imo people you discussed with before concluding that Okorocha is a good governor?

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by maum: 11:04am On Apr 07, 2015
babestella:

I think the most igbos are not really interested in politics. Whoever rules, no wahala as long as the igbos have peace in their domain and they can do their business peacefully, they are ok. One important thing you should know is that everyone cannot vote one party, but the winner of the presidential race must carry everyone and evey region along. Don't we have democracy again?

Word. Very well said

1 Like

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by modath(f): 11:04am On Apr 07, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
There is an Igbo adage that says- adighi epu e'ze maka Iji onye ozo( We do not grow teeth for another man's yam). The Buhari govt is a 'yoruba-hausa yam', let them eat. When we harvest our own, we go chop.
Igbo should take over the driving seats in PDP and build it for the future.

Whats wrong with APGA or PPA?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by emerged01(m): 11:05am On Apr 07, 2015
Lemon12:

The guy is right. Quit fuelling hatred. can you decide not to do business with Yoruba simply because of the statement of Oba of Lagos? let it go bro, and if you don't want to let it go,what else can you do than to come on nairaland to burn your mb.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by ramdris(m): 11:06am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.
You wow me with your speech. As a yoruba man with a lot of ibo friends i find it totally ridiculous and outrighlty stupid what the Oba said. That being said, I will join you in appealing to all Ibo's to be mindful of their utterances. No one tribe is stronger than the other cos in war, we all are losers. The talk of "Lagos na no man's land" is very distasteful and annoying. The Ibo's are a blessing to this country and so every other tribes. Let's all learn to respect each other cos believe it or not, we are better together. Long live the great Ibo nation, Long live the Oba and Long live Nigeria!

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 07, 2015
blazetitov:

How is that possible Lets be reasonable abeg. Blowing what is not out of proportion will not solve anything, moreover, the Oba will not be breathing down anybody's neck on election date to vote for his choice. So this is a non issue as far as am concerned. From the video i saw, the Oba only meant those who will make lagos ungovernable and not law abiding Igbos who are doing their legitimate businesses. I wonder why all the so called Eze Ndigbos present clapped for the monarch after the speech.
Eye service.... Cuz they dont want to be thrown into the lagoon immediately
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by emmysoftyou: 11:08am On Apr 07, 2015
BrokenTV:
Who is Okorocha to dictate for ndi igbo.
he is the wisest man ever live to walks on a right path..
Cos he care for ndigbos ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by M4gunners: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2015
Okorocha is a betrayer. We don't need his advice for now. Buhari is elected as president of Nigerians and not for some tribe only. What do we stand to gain by voting APC candidate as governor in the East?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by truefact: 11:09am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=13pt]undecided

IF I WERE BUHARI I WILL MARGINALIZE THOSE IGBOS AND STARVE THEM OF FEDERAL PRESENCE FOR 4 YEARS. VERY HATEFUL TRIBE THAT WON'T FORGET THE PAST AND EMBRACE UNITY
[/size]
Why do you still love them to be in Nigeria?
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by ipleddge: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
The recent happenings in Lagos have created so much tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. There is so much bitterness and hate talk flying around and this will not do us any good.

When you try to break a wall using a sledge hammer, you need to apply several blows before it gives in. You might need to apply a 100 blows but one thing to note is that it is not the 100th blow that breaks the wall, it is a combination of effects from the very first blow. This brings me to the recent statement credited to the Oba of Lagos to the Igbos. I condemn the statement and I believe every right-thinking person should do the same in the interest of peace and civility. What I want to tell my Igbo people is that the Oba's outburst is not just as a result of the forth-coming gubernatorial election in Lagos but a combination of factors. I hear some of our people calling Lagos a no-man's-land and this is just too bad; this is the height of arrogance and disrespect. How can we move into a Yoruba land, enjoying God's blessings and prosperity only to turn round and tell the people that their land belongs to nobody, that we feed them, and that they cannot survive without us and all the other rubbish and provocative stuff??

Clearly the Oba has been harbouring this anger as a result of the arrogance and provocation of our Igbo people and just could not contain it this time and lashed out.

My Igbo brothers, can we sit down and ask ourselves why we have been so aggressive towards the Yorubas? What have they done wrong to us to deserve this provocation and arrogance? The Yorubas are a very peaceful people and we turn round to call them cowards and all sorts of names. What do we want the Yorubas to do to prove to us that they are not cowards, rise up and go on a killing spree? These Yorubas even returned all our properties to us after the civil war something even our close neighbours in the SS didn’t do!

What does it take to respect your host and do as they wish my people for Christ’s sake? We are prosperous in Yoruba land and are enjoying the land and have no problem with the people, all they are for is for us to know our limits and give them their respect is this too much to ask from us? Let me ask my people one honest question, why are we not shouting that Kano is a no-man’s land The Yorubas have been very nice and taking all these insults from us and we turn around to point our fingers in their noses and call them cowards! Jesus! We claim to be Christians and worship God, is it not written in the bible that blessed are the peace makes for they shall be called the children of God?

My Igbo people please see a sample of what is making the Yorubas very angry with us:

1. I WILL ELEVATE EZE NDIGBO TO THE STATUS OF OBA OF LAGOS - JIMI AGBAJE.

2. IGBO WILL DETERMINE WHO RULES LAGOS- IFEANYI UBAH

3. LAGOS IS NO MAN'S LAND.- IFEANYI UBAH DURING TAN CAMPAIGN.

4. IGBO DEVELOPED AND CONTROL LAGOS- JIMI AGBAJE DURING GEJ CAMPAIGN IN AKWA IBOM

5. WE MUST PRODUCE THE NEXT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS- EZE NDIGBO

MY QUESTIONS TO IGBOS,

1. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT ALL THE ABOVE MENTIONED?

2. CAN EMIR OF KANO ACCEPT ....?

3. DO YOU HAVE ANY SINGLE TRIBE IN YOUR CABINET IN THE EAST?

4. CAN ANY TRIBE CLAIM ONITHSA OR ABA TO BE NO MAN,S LAND?

5. CAN OBI OF ONITHSA ACCEPT THE ELEVATION OF SARKIN HAUSA IN ONITHSA TO OBI STATUS?

I want to use this medium to appeal to well-meaning Yorubas to forgive the childishness and foolishness of our people. Please drop any plans of violence being planned against our people and all other diplomatic ways of punishing our people in your land including Lagos.

We recognise that LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND and will respect that. Please I appeal for calm and understanding. I am inviting some Yorubas I respect on this forum to help reach out to your people to be calm, I have personally decided to start a campaign to reorientate our people as God helps me in my own way to change the way we think.

Even God told Moses that if he could find just 10 righteous people he will not destroy Sodom & Gomorrah. Igbos like me are far more than 10 in Lagos and other areas of SW. Please do not bring out the beast in you and and please allow better judgement prevail over emotions.
God will bless ur generation

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by easystudy101: 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
RoyalPriesthuud:
We've heard it time over time, we've seen it all over the place, yet you guys will not stop spamming every thread with it. Methinks these PDP ass-lickers have started again. With your divisive politics, if you make Igbo clash with Yorubas, and ur man JK takes the lead, ruling a divided state won't benefit him/anybody else, except some few elites....

Many Yorubas ave always admired Igbo women, Warri boys are well known to crack jokes and make d hood lively, my dudes in Alaba market and other places are taking profits to d delta and still making more.........let this continue, don't over-eat now so ur grandkids won't be paying the debt all their lives...

Why don't you go tell that to your OBA
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by ZUBY77(m): 11:11am On Apr 07, 2015
irunoobo:
[size=13pt]undecided

IF I WERE BUHARI I WILL MARGINALIZE THOSE IGBOS AND STARVE THEM OF FEDERAL PRESENCE FOR 4 YEARS. VERY HATEFUL TRIBE THAT WON'T FORGET THE PAST AND EMBRACE UNITY
[/size]

Bastaard we don't care about federal government down here.
We survive on our own.
Every Igbo man and woman has survival instincts embedded in the DNA.
We make ways where there is no way. Ask your father.
We go to foreign lands and survive. Read that..
Without federal allocation, you can only starve the greedy politicians..
The general public will move on as always.
Tell Buhari to develop your village first. We already have mansions built by individuals down here.
Why do you think we wanted our own Republic?

Stick your hatred up your asssss.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by emmysoftyou: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2015
cana882:
Bt y is igbo d only tribe fighting against oda tribes in Nigeria? If u Hv a problem wit every1 den, check well cos ur d problem undecided
we re not fighting other tribes,we re fighting for our right,our right to votes without being intimidated by unwise man called riliwan akiolu..undecided

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by elder116: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2015
[b][/b]Okorocha is after what he can get from the already corrupt system. people like him cannot speak for Igbos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by Hadizam: 11:12am On Apr 07, 2015
Sule Lamido
Re: Buhari Visits Owerri As Okorocha Champions The Affairs Of Ndi Igbo by sophtaf(f): 11:13am On Apr 07, 2015
Titan5g:

Seriously, you made this comment? You are educated? Wao , even looking at your sagged breast in your pix tells me you have been overused. Idiot
nawa o..!ros u harsh o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram 'Slaughter Wives' In North Eastern Nigeria: Witnesses / Bashir Ahmad Begs Elon For 100 Ventilators / Lagos CP Debriefs Disbanded SARS And Tactical Teams In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.