Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,837 members, 7,802,681 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:44 PM

All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed (244948 Views)

These 4 Online Jobs Can Make A Nigerian Unemployed Graduate Rich / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates / Please Help Other Find A Job. Post Job Vacancy Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by izutex007(m): 12:01am On Apr 08, 2015
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by izutex007(m): 12:19am On Apr 08, 2015
flyca:
Friends, I'm a Master's degree student here in China, for those who will consider studying abroad. The country is still very receptive of foreign students. There are many scholarships you can apply for. Some schools give free tuition, especially for further studies. You can explore this option on line. I advise you to do it yourself, don't pay anyone a dime for it. Most schools have online correspondence.

Good Luck!

bro. Pls Drop websites wch wl b helpful in this quest

thanks
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by izutex007(m): 12:20am On Apr 08, 2015
flyca:
Friends, I'm a Master's degree student here in China, for those who will consider studying abroad. The country is still very receptive of foreign students. There are many scholarships you can apply for. Some schools give free tuition, especially for further studies. You can explore this option on line. I advise you to do it yourself, don't pay anyone a dime for it. Most schools have online correspondence.

Good Luck!

bro. Pls Drop websites wch wl b helpful in this quest

thanks

PS
google might lead one bt can also lead to false websites

4 Likes

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 08, 2015
tolaly:
Help a sister out, I studied Computer Science with Economics, already through with NYSC. I can be reached on misstolaly@gmail.com. Location is ibadan/Lagos.
Check my Post:My Miracle Job without connection and you will know how to go about it
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by izutex007(m): 12:40am On Apr 08, 2015
I am a biochemist.
Graduated with 2.1
Gifted and eager to learn
proficient in MS packages.
Profiecent in Management (Trained @ Nigeria Institute of Management)

Ready to work....

Reach me on izutex4real@gmail.com. Thanks
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 08, 2015
eledacedar:

I understand but not all are very expensive. I know Danvic Concepts have a one week training that cost about 35k. I know Petroplays also have a course innthat range too.

On the other hand, you can get some tutorial videos and some versions of these softwares- petrel, OpendTect, Geographix, Hampson-Russel, Geolog etc and do hands-on training. I believe with your IT skills, you wont find these too difficult. Seismic and well data abound all around. You might only need to get a suitable computer.

As a geoscientist, i believe you can make the best of whatever you can lay your hands on.

There are guys out there who are into foundation studies (geotechnics) abd they also make huge money.

Another suggestion i can make is that you align yourself with a professional body like NMGS, NAPE, AAPG, SEG etc. Having a suitable profile on linkedin is also good. This will help you network with professionals in the industry.

Most of all, be prayerful.
Thanks am the three last organisation you mentioned, I have even gone to some nape conference,
Can you hook me up with your mail, iron sharpens iron
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by osadudu(f): 2:17am On Apr 08, 2015
This is the kind of thread NL needs, OP keep up d gud work and Godbless evry1 who contributes. My sis is a graduate of Biochemistry, still serving (batch c) but is intrested in entry level/ fresh graduate jobs in lagos, pls any vacancies can be sent to osadudu@gmail.com, thanks.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by CaptainCodes(m): 3:38am On Apr 08, 2015
Hey guys,

In search of Building Constructions, Architectural designs, Real estates network.

Thanks.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Romeozigs: 6:36am On Apr 08, 2015
Ferdybaba:

Oh...quite early. My coy accepts interns much later in the year

pls i av dis nephew of mine dat needs an IT placement.he is an OND holder in Banking n Finance(upper credit).i wont mind if u can b of help.its for 1yr IT
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Keziehenry(m): 6:55am On Apr 08, 2015
Cc: seun
ishilove
lalasticlala
pls help us do the needful. Tnx
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by pweetichi(f): 8:07am On Apr 08, 2015
Hy! Gud a.m evry1, am Favour a graduate of Insurance and Actuarial Science,Currently serving in Ekiti State (batch c),am currently running an ICT programme n by Oct by God's grace i will b writing CIIN exam. Pls if u r working in d Finace industry,urwud luv 2 no u n b frens(Iron sharpens Iron) Thanks!
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 08, 2015
icons!!!. I love your testimony sir.
Thanks alot. that's a great inspiration. I will study harder.

for chy
kzrian4life@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by mrnuur(m): 8:40am On Apr 08, 2015
Nice thread, though a fresh graduate about to start NYSC In May.

Quantity surveying (2:1)

Anywhere I can serve in other to boost my experience and get more exposure.

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 08, 2015
thanks@ olu. u got it.
raayah thanks too for the advice. I was corrected in time past n I changed mine to a combination of my surname n my first name.

meanwhile am a 2nd class upper graduate of Production/ manufacturing engineering university of Benin. I have a six months intern experience in preventive maintenance.
I am currently serving in Ogun state.

I will appreciate any advice and information in engineering and related fields. thank you
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by durosegun(m): 8:58am On Apr 08, 2015
I have 2.1 in Mechanical Engineering. I was part of a team ( as a fitter operator) that fabricated, welded and installed glucose line, malt line, hot water and cold water line, steam line, skids, and other heat exchangers in Cadbury Nigeria PLC.
I finished service last year October and I must confess, it's not easy as I thought it would be. My believe when I was about completing the NYSC was that I would get a job before the end of last year but I was wrong.
My focus is not actually getting a job with huge salary right now, but in getting a job to keep my body and soul together, and also provide me with the needed PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE that will avail me the opportunity to negotiate for a juicy salar

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Google63(m): 9:19am On Apr 08, 2015
moffymichael:
Pls I just got a Test invitation from advans Microfinance bank as a client officer and mobile teller......pls does any one have an idea of the nature of their test?
That's my former place of work. send me a pm to put you through, I don't want to derail this thread .

4 Likes

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 08, 2015
BiggyB242:

Please, how and where did you get those certificate.I'm a mechanical engineer,uniben.

What year did?
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by JAkpayen(m): 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
I only thing I read here is "I have BSc., Masters, Professional Certs, Grad with 2.1 or first class, etc". This is what is killing Nigeria - Qualifications everywhere. It's good but any company that will recruit you may look beyond your qualifications.

I am expecting the unemployed to they can do to help the company. For example, someone who study marketing should list the best way a company in a particular product line can achieve maximum market share thus increase profitability. A practical example is the Guiness new product called "Orijin" which is fast selling in the market. Another is NBC's coca-cola product with names pre-print, I can look for my name, wife's, children, etc. This convert to sales for the company.

Just think, think, think. Truth is that many companies want to grow their profit with lowest cost possible, so they may not think of qualifications per se especially the production/manufacturing companies or those into merchandising.

15 Likes

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 3:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
GG50
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ferdybaba:

What year did?

I meant those HVAC certificate.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by demmy55(m): 8:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello all

2 Likes

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
Ferdybaba:

Oh...quite early. My coy accepts interns much later in the year
do they accept Information Technology interns?
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
Please I'm a 300L Information Technology student, I need an I.T placement in a Good firm. Thank you.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
flyca:

Good Luck!
Do you have any links to the schools that give free or reduced tuition?
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Cajatan: 10:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls am a graduate of Bcs in Geography and meteorology in Environmental science with nycs.my email is agungwuokwudili@yahoo.coM.

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
Icon4s:
I am a Geologist currently working in the Oil and Gas sector.

The period of job search is always the most challenging and trying time for young people particularly young men.

I give Glory to God for where I am today. But each time i look back and remember all my sufferings and challenges it just seems like a dream.

Infact i almost lost relevance even in my father's house bc i had no job so i had no say.
Even when i got a job bt bc the pay was little, i still felt miserable.

But something kept me going: My high self esteem and self worth

I graduated with a 2:1 in Geology abt 12yrs ago.
I prepared my CV immediately i got my statement of result before going for NYSC. I had d hope of securing a job before finishing NYSC.
I started practising GMAT and GRE immidiately i finished project defence while awaiting NYSC.

I used the whole of NYSC period to prepare for my job search. I believed i was so good and was bubbling with high hopes and expectations Cos i was scoring very high in the practise test questions.Infact i applied for jobs during NYSC and wrote NNPC and Shell tests bt was nt succesful (my first encounter with reality on ground).

I came out of NYSC without securing any jobs unlike what i expected. I started sending cv to different companies as they advertised. I wrote Oceanic bank, Diamond bank, UBA and was nt succesful though i got to d interview stage in 2 of them.

My first ever job came as a miracle at Accessbank. I was lying down thinking abt my life when my university class mate called me to come to Accessbank Toyin street Ikeja that they are looking for adhoc staff. I arrived their in no time. I got the offer and also contacted some of my other comrades in the struggle hu also got it.

It was a 1month job.The news of my bank job spread among my extended family and church members like wild fire. Though i didnt tell them it was a 1month contract job.We were paid off at month end and i was back home and hidding from people so they wont ask y i didnt go to work.

Next day i went to visit my girl friend (my wife today). I was still in her place when i received a phone call inviting me for an aptitude test and interview at an Oil Servicng company i sent my application to abt 2 months earlier. They actually requested for minimum of 2yrs experience bt i still applied without experience. I got the job! It was my first break through.

Employed as a trainee in 2005 with a gross salary of 33K was nt so bad to start with. Banks were paying GTs 40-70K then.

I knew my worth. I knew i was worth more than that. I now limited my application to major Oil and Gas companies. I wrote Elf test, didnt scale through the test stage. I wrote Shell and got to the interview stage. I wrote NNPC and got the job. Shell put me on stand-by but no message from them till date not even a regret mail.

I still work with the NNPC till date and not regretting it.

So job seekers know ur worth, prepare well and keep pressing.

You should learn to write story teller.
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by AsherStorm(m): 11:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
demmy55:
Hello all,

I currently work with Cornerstone Insurance Plc as a Financial Planner (Marketer). Most Nigerians have this phobia for marketing but some people are really making the most out of it.
And most of us haven't really given it a trial, we just dwell on the discouragement and perception of other people.

Just in case my working class bros and sis needs a life cover, vehicle, fire and theft, burglary, marine, travelers insurance etc.
You can hit me up on 07039179073.

As for my friends searching for jobs, you can also call if interested.

All the best.

good luck there brov
went for an interview with them 2weeks ago and I was given d marketing job but the pay was so ridiculous ( 20k basic commision monthly if I meet my target + 5% of whatever income i made for the company) for the kind of target in an insurance company... I didn't bother resuming cos I thought about it when I got home and discovered that even the tfare for doing the job will be more than whatever I get at d end of the month
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by AsherStorm(m): 11:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
hello everyone...
good one from the OP...
Im Hazzan, a graduate of biochemistry, OAU... with internship experience with federal medical centre
I have HSE ( health safety and envt) certification
mOSHA (occupational safety and health association)
I finished NYSC Feb,2015 and been applying for jobs since then...
proficiency in Microsoft package
I have good team work ability and good leadership skills
so far, I've gone for interviews with some gnlds and some marketing jobs too which I always end up not taking after I get cos their package is so ridiculous... its not as if I want a well paying job for a start but I still gotta use my brain in deciding if a job is worth taking no matter how desperate I am...

kindly contact me thru my mail for any assistance u can render concerning my job search... alimihazzan@mail.com

thanks
Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Dparagon(m): 12:29am On Apr 09, 2015
durosegun:
I have 2.1 in Mechanical Engineering. I was part of a team ( as a fitter operator) that fabricated, welded and installed glucose line, malt line, hot water and cold water line, steam line, skids, and other heat exchangers in Cadbury Nigeria PLC.
I finished service last year October and I must confess, it's not easy as I thought it would be. My believe when I was about completing the NYSC was that I would get a job before the end of last year but I was wrong.
My focus is not actually getting a job with huge salary right now, but in getting a job to keep my body and soul together, and also provide me with the needed PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE that will avail me the opportunity to negotiate for a juicy salary.
My email address is durowojues@yahoo.com
Going by what you stated in your first paragraph, i suggest you highlight them as part of your achievements to your CV 'Achievements section' at the top. Its catchy and will show case your potentials/value. Best regards

1 Like

Re: All Working Class Lets Meet Here And Help Other Unemployed by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 09, 2015
I can work as a Sales Representative in a pharmaceutical company or production company (FCMG), banks etc. my writing skills isn't bad at all, I love calculations, I hardly make mistakes, I'm good in ms word, office suits, outlook, excel and graphic designs. Thanks in anticipation email: temmyadetola@yahoo.com

1 Like 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (96) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Online Test / Where Do Science Laboratory Technology Graduates Work? / Heritage Bank Aptitude Test On April 13, 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.