Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East (9497 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Baby Who Was Raped By Husband Of Her Mother's Friend. Photos / Buhari Visits Brigadier-Genera Aliyul In A Hospital At Berlin Germany (Photo) / Aisha Buhari Visits Mbaka In Enugu (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
anonimi:

[s]Anyone who does not reason like you in saying shame on a people for expecting the president to be for the enitire nation does not reason well, abi

Is that cabalocracy dictatorship or generalised demlcracy?[/s]
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by anonimi: 2:26pm On Apr 08, 2015
[quote author=EUROBOMBER post=32483775][/quote]

Someone who reasons well does not strike off other people's comments except he is a patient of yaba left!

Is that your case EuroBomber

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Nobody: 2:30pm On Apr 08, 2015
anonimi:

[s]Someone who reasons well does not strike off other people's comments except he is a patient of yaba left!

Is that your case EuroBomber [/s]
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
So what happened to APGA? You think Igbos can play an opposition when they couldn't even manage APGA well?

Sorry bro,we Igbos are AGIP agents and we are not ready to form an opposition.
you talk for yourself not all of us buddy..
make use of i not we

2 Likes

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by farem: 3:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]
Change2015:
Please state what Jonathan offered and what he did then we will start from there. The East was invited at the formation of the APC and you all made your choice. It is not for you to hold anyone hostage now. You made a gamble and lost. People live with the consequences of their actions.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria

As many who ventured to join the trained were cursed and dis-owned. Thank God Gburugburu is no longer alive, he would have been disowned if he joined train with Ngige et al. You only need to be under a curse or blessing in Igboland for one reason: oppose or support 'Azikwe'. (FFK/Fayose and Okoroacha/Ngige on my mind)!APGA (APUGA) is just in mouth. afterall the gburugburu himself (someone big and qualified to rule Nigeria) was betrayed in far less significant political position

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by sheymoni(m): 4:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
You cannot work for zenith bank & expect salary from GTB
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by pazienza(m): 4:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Let us be logical here. Nobody knew Obasanjo would be a bad president until after his performance was assessed when he wanted to go for his second term. He used his power of incumbency to win his second term against Buhari something a Jonathan could not do that is why we must be very careful how we support people next time.

It is wrong to accuse the SW of voting for Buhari on tribal grounds simply because of Osinbajo their son. The same Yorubas voted massively against Buhari in 2011 and against their own son Tunde Bakare. Buhari did not even get up to 400,000 votes from the Yorubas so how can you accuse them now of voting out of tribalism? Your argument does not stand here please. Jonathan lost because of poor performance and lack of political tact. His loss in Benue state says it all!

Under Buhari, The APC cannot be a Yoruba party, it will be a national party and already looking that way. Buhari will be president on May 29th and not Tinubu, I hope you know that and he is not the devil most of our people are trying to paint him as. I have told you that the Yorubas have respect for Rochas and they accept him, I believe he would enjoy support from the Yorubas when the time comes.

And yes, on moral grounds, the Yorubas have every right to enjoy huge benefits from the APC which is about to take the center because they worked very hard for it after staying in opposition for many years!

We know what happened in 2011, Yoruba votes were divided between. Ribadu and Buhari who both presented Yoruba VPs, the rest, Tinubu sold to GEJ, it was strategic from Tinubu.

History shows that Yorubas always voted for a Yoruba candidate, OBJ was a worst president than GEJ, but in 2003, Yorubas chose him over Buhari who is now presented as a messiah by them. The question is, was Buhari not a Messiah in 2003.

Nothing is wrong with voting for one's ethnic group member, infact, that's what I am trying to promote amongst Ndiigbo, but every thing is wrong with trying to package tribal politics as performance based politics, it's an insult to our intelligence.

Power is not given, you work for it. It is very naive of you to believe that Buhari is going to hand over to Okorocha solely on a sense of justice.
If you don't know it, know it now, the Yorubas have their eyes on the presidential slot come 2023, APC owes them, and will bend to their whim and caprice, they control the APC apparatus, Okorocha will be dumped and compensated, they couldn't give him the VP, they are certainly not going to give him the presidency, they already have the reason/ excuse they will sell to naive ones like you figured, Tinubu have it all figured.

We simply cannot be part of APC, we will play into their hands by doing that, we need a better plan to counter their 2023 plan, we must not be part of APC.

Rochas have to be voted out, if eventually they give him the ticket come 2023, which I know is impossible, then good for us, if they don't, we negotiate with the North in PDP for VP slot and scuttle Yoruba plans in APC.

That's the right way to go.

We have been with the central government for a long time, we need a change.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by tuniski: 6:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Change2015:

The APC accepts rotation, but when the time comes, there must be a viable candidate from the region. After Buhari the next president comes from the west. If Ndigbo don't have the VP slot then, it will be a shame. However we must only present candidates with popular appeal because we are not in the business of losing elections. Osinbajo has proven his value and has the capacity to be president. An igbo VP must show the same.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria
stop referring to me as Ibo, I am a full blooded yoruba! Rochas is just wasting his time even VP he won't smell! APC don't give a damn. Next SW wiith a northern VP then Northerner with southerner VP. Then do the maths. Only PDP comes with the antidote in 2019 with a Ribadu to challenge buhari a SE VP is visible!

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by tuniski: 7:00am On Apr 09, 2015
handie:
Zoning is fundamental to every party.... The only reason power might go to the southwest when it returns to the south is if you ibo lot remain divided and allow greed to overule your common interests. And just so you know, nothing good comes on a platter of gold. Would Buhari be the president elect if the Hausas/Fulani weren't united behind him? It's time you guys have a selfless leader who got a national appeal and can champion the ibo cause just like Azikiwe and Ojukwu. There hasn't been such a fellow for many years now. All you people care about is making a few billionaires when what your region needs is a leader. I see such leader in Owelle Rochas Okorocha(Not comparing him with those aforementioned ibo sons sha). You guys should unite behind him and with his stake in APC, the ibos might have a genuine tilt @ the presidency very soon...... PDP in their bid to recapture power will present a northern candidate come 2019
I am yoruba stop referring me as Igbo. Anyway, the SW/north next and then north/south candidacy only PDP will come with the antidote. Can't wait for the clash of ribadu V Buhari in 2019. God spare us all!
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by idu1(m): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2015
Selfish folks....

We will not give u anything.
Okorocha, amaechi ngige ll be duly compensated.
U think politics is all about selling motor spared parts and hating....
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by owobokiri(m): 7:51am On Apr 09, 2015
It used to be that the ever republican igbos were way tooooooo devided, spoke through many leaders and were grossly incapable of sustaining any alliance with their collective loyalty like, you know nah- the yorubas. Now the new charge is that they are too united for their own good and are political un-sophisticated(that word again) like? you must know nah- the wise ones from the west! It is crazy. This is the first time the SE is finding herself in the opposition under a democratic setting, . You want me to emulate Tinubu by balkanising the igbo votes amongst 3 political parties? Tinubu didn't do that. He is fighting tooth and nail to get rid of Fayose. Ondo people forced Mimiko on him. What am I saying? There is nothing politically naive in voting for a RULING party led by an EASTERN minority whose chances of winning was as bright as that of his challenger. A ruling party surrounded as it were with all the terroristic trappings associated with Nigerias incumbent executives. To say that the east was/is politically naive for towing this line is simply lame.

That said, one is more interested on the way forward. . What is there for the igbo in particular and the former eastern Nigeria in general. Note that I am not talking of igbo presidency, Ogoni or ijaw presidencies yet. No, I am talking about these groups geo political interests irrespective of the ethnicity, religion or political persuasion of the man in power. These without questions are legitimate democratic demands expected in any sane democracy. Democracy is not your best platform to play your tribal zero sum game. . We are aggregating interests,ain't we? I have enumerated some deeds done by Jonathan in the east and mentioned what he planned to do in the future. Where are buharis plans for the east? Is it possible to still locate an empty space to situate legitmate eastern interests in this noisy madness termed buharism? Or did one Okorocha and his liutnants sacrifice the collective interests on the alter of personal ambitions?

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by owobokiri(m): 8:33am On Apr 09, 2015
idu1:
Selfish folks....

We will not give u anything.
Okorocha, amaechi ngige ll be duly compensated.
U think politics is all about selling motor spared parts and hating....

What is the rapacious gloating all about? You lot can be wickedly funny sometimes. The fulani is not even abusing anybody, yet he is the one who won the presidency. . ,but one has to contend with some noisy neighbours desperate to rub whatever in. . . At the risk of throwing courtsey to the wind, let me once again remind you that the vee pee position has been aptly described as nothing but a "spare tire"! Essentially his importance depends largely on the mood of the man in charge. He might end up just taking care of the presidents briefcase. But I don't think you willever get the stunning implications of what I just wrote. Obviously, you are happier with what you have deprived others to the extent you don't care anymore about what you will get. And that is very telling.

Back to the topic. . .

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Change2015(m): 2:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
pazienza:

APC cannot win with a Yoruba president, the Yorubas are minorities in the south, and the North will always vote for a Northern president only. The moment APC presents a Yoruba president, and the PDP presents a Northern president with SS/SE VP, APC will lose, as only Yorubas will vote for them.

Your act in this 2015 election means there can never be a SW president in the future.

You are simply wrong. Most sensible Nigerians accept that a President will not be succeeded by someone from his own region, however well qualified he or she may be. And that rotation is generally agreed to be North and South. If you check your history you will see that Abiola won the vote in the north, and defeated Tofa even in his home state of Kano. After Buhari the president will come from the south, unless (and I dont see any realistic chance) there is an irresistible Ndigbo candidate. I am not sure that person is Rochas. The prejudice you are accusing others of, actually lies within you. The yoruba voting population is larger than that of Ndigbo but the Nigerian constitution is so arranged to make alliances a necessity. The North also gave obasanjo majority votes against all opposition.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Change2015(m): 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2015
tuniski:
stop referring to me as Ibo, I am a full blooded yoruba! Rochas is just wasting his time even VP he won't smell! APC don't give a damn. Next SW wiith a northern VP then Northerner with southerner VP. Then do the maths. Only PDP comes with the antidote in 2019 with a Ribadu to challenge buhari a SE VP is visible!

Exactly where are you referred to as igbo?

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by pazienza(m): 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
Change2015:

You are simply wrong. Most sensible Nigerians accept that a President will not be succeeded by someone from his own region, however well qualified he or she may be. And that rotation is generally agreed to be North and South. If you check your history you will see that Abiola won the vote in the north, and defeated Tofa even in his home state of Kano. After Buhari the president will come from the south, unless (and I dont see any realistic chance) there is an irresistible Ndigbo candidate. I am not sure that person is Rochas. The prejudice you are accusing others of, actually lies within you. The yoruba voting population is larger than that of Ndigbo but the Nigerian constitution is so arranged to make alliances a necessity. The North also gave obasanjo majority votes against all opposition.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria

The SW in the presence of SS/SE are but minorities in Nigerian current political atmosphere. The Yorubas had never had more population than Ndiigbo not even in colonial Nigeria.Ndigbo have always had more population than the Yorubas. The Igbo population is spread all over Nigeria, while the Yorubas population are found mainly in SW, with little or no spread all over the country.

Abiola was a different era. And by the way, see what happened to him. The political climate of that era, is quite different from that of current era, lots of things have changed, for example, the emergence of the SS as a political block to reckon with.

In Obasanjo case, our democracy was only young, he had no Northern challenger in 1999, and in 2003, Buhari had no SE/SS support. He never stood a chance.

In 2023, APC will not produce a southern presidential candidate( that is only what you lots use to deceive the naive ones), they will produce a SW presidential candidate, who will be roundly humiliated by a Northern candidate backed by the SE/SS, if the SS/SE gets their acts together. The North will become eternal president of Nigeria, everything being equal.

Btw, the phrase "sensible Nigerian" doesn't exist, there is nothing sensible about Nigeria or Nigerians, average Nigerians naturally vote based on ethnic/regional and Religious considerations.

And that makes elections in Nigeria, quite predictable.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Change2015(m): 1:16am On Apr 10, 2015
pazienza:

The SW in the presence of SS/SE are but minorities in Nigerian current political atmosphere. The Yorubas had never had more population than Ndiigbo not even in colonial Nigeria.Ndigbo have always had more population than the Yorubas. The Igbo population is spread all over Nigeria, while the Yorubas population are found mainly in SW, with little or no spread all over the country.

Abiola was a different era. And by the way, see what happened to him. The political climate of that era, is quite different from that of current era, lots of things have changed, for example, the emergence of the SS as a political block to reckon with.

In Obasanjo case, our democracy was only young, he had no Northern challenger in 1999, and in 2003, Buhari had no SE/SS support. He never stood a chance.

In 2023, APC will not produce a southern presidential candidate( that is only what you lots use to deceive the naive ones), they will produce a SW presidential candidate, who will be roundly humiliated by a Northern candidate backed by the SE/SS, if the SS/SE gets their acts together. The North will become eternal president of Nigeria, everything being equal.

Btw, the phrase "sensible Nigerian" doesn't exist, there is nothing sensible about Nigeria or Nigerians, average Nigerians naturally vote based on ethnic/regional and Religious considerations.

And that makes elections in Nigeria, quite predictable.

Lol. Nigerian elections are so predictable that the pdp is still reeling in shock? Abiola was not a different era. The people and structure that created his victory still exist and are still very much involved in politics. The chairman of APC is a former NADECO official, as is Tinubu, and dozens of others who opposed the military then. Your do not have any argument to support your different era theory. Even the pdp under Obasanjo rotated the presidency to the North, and now that Jonathan has had a go, their next candidate will most likely be from the North. The APC has produced a northern president and when he is done the position will be rotated south.

There are many sound and sensible Nigerians about who understand this rotation is essential until we get rid of the ethnic suspicion and prejudice that exists in far too many Nigerians. Look at even our major unions and professional associations, the same principle can be observed, with the wazobia mix in the top positions. Whatever the source of your prejudices, you have to tackle yourself and not project them on others.

You need data to justify your population claim. As far as INEC is concerned, and the population commission, the voting strength (re pvc registration) and numbers in the East are lower than in the West.

#change
#GMB
#APC
#Ambode-LagosGov
#oneNigeria
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by bakila: 3:10am On Apr 10, 2015
pazienza:
Okorocha and Amaechi. made no deal with Buhari, looking at the way both of them were shoved aside and overlooked for a Tinubu candidate in the race for APC VP solidifies this believe.

Yorubas are sophisticated they say, they want change, so it wouldn't matter if Amaechi or Okorocha gets the VP, they would have still voted for Buhari, right? well that was the lie, the VP matters to Yorubas and Tinubu got the upper hand, Amaechi and Rochas are jellyfishes.

Their alliance with APC is not for regional interest, it was simply personal. Amaechi for his silly vendetta against GEJ and deluded interest of becoming the Tinubu of Rivers state politics, which PEJ obviously wasn't going to have. Rochas for the selfish interest of becoming relevant in national politics and using Imo as a cushion in case of failure.

Imo and Rivers people must Remember this, and send those two jellyfishes packing. We can't afford to have enemy camp within our region.
Can you remember a certain Chuba Okadigbo? When upto today Ameachi Ngige and Okorocha are considered traitors for being in APC?
Power is transient, stay in the opposition and do the Tinubu. First convince your people on the need to lead Nigerians then try in Four years time. From the way you guys behave on Nairaland am sure other Nigerians will not go along with you guys.
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by pazienza(m): 7:28am On Apr 10, 2015
bakila:

Can you remember a certain Chuba Okadigbo? When upto today Ameachi Ngige and Okorocha are considered traitors for being in APC?
Power is transient, stay in the opposition and do the Tinubu. First convince your people on the need to lead Nigerians then try in Four years time. From the way you guys behave on Nairaland am sure other Nigerians will not go along with you guys.

Exactly! Buhari wasn't a messiah to the SW when he had Okadigbo/ Ogbonnaya onu as VP. He became an instant messiah to Yorubas, the moment he made a Yoruba man a VP.

Thanks for buttressing my point about the Yorubas tribal politics, packaged as performance based one to deceive the gullible.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 10, 2015
pazienza:

Exactly! Buhari wasn't a messiah to the SW when he had Okadigbo/ Ogbonnaya onu as VP. He became an instant messiah to Yorubas, the moment he made a Yoruba man a VP.

Thanks for buttressing my point about the Yorubas tribal politics, packaged as performance based one to deceive the gullible.

Why was he not a messiah when he chose Tunde Bakare a Yoruba son?
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by pazienza(m): 7:49am On Apr 10, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Why was he not a messiah when he chose Tunde Bakare a Yoruba son?

If you don't know, know it now, Buhari popularity in Yoruba land started growing when he made Bakare his VP, there were shouts of BB! by Many Yoruba posters on this forum! But because of the fact that as then, AC still had their own Northern candidate in Ribadu with a Yoruba VP too, the Yorubas were torn between AC and Buhari, which probably enabled Tinubu to easily negotiate the remaining votes for GEJ without out cry from his people.

Fast forward to 2015, Buhari is now part of the AC, it unified the Yoruba supporters( AC supporters and those that supported Buhari/ Bakare ticket), and saw his popularity in the region reach the critical threshold, that it became impossible for anyone else to win elections there.

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by bakila: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2015
pazienza:

My point is that IGBO people did not vote him when he ran with Okadigbo. That was when Igbo people where having a very rough time with the PDP.
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by pazienza(m): 9:22am On Apr 10, 2015
bakila:

My point is that IGBO people did not vote him when he ran with Okadigbo. That was when Igbo people where having a very rough time with the PDP.

My point is that Ndiigbo don't play tribal politics enough, like the Yorubas, who play tribal politics packaged as performance based politics to deceive the gullible.

My point is that it's high time we( Ndiigbo) starts playing tribal politics and totally rejecting APC and all it stands for, is a good way to start!

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 10, 2015
As an igbo that voted apc, I feel kinda weird when folks insinuate that no igbo person voted apc. Some igbos even voted apc in the east and I feel they also matter.
The way people are going bout this sha!!
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by owobokiri(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2015
icebeatz:
As an igbo that voted apc, I feel kinda weird when folks insinuate that no igbo person voted apc. Some igbos even voted apc in the east and I feel they also matter.
The way people are going bout this sha!!

This is a new one. I have read every word posted here, I am not aware of any poster insunuating that no easterner voted APC. The question here is how relevant such votes will be in serving the igbo interest. You don't vote for the sake of voting, you vote to make things happen. I can understand those who voted Buhari because they believe he will fight corruption better. Their choice. But in the general eastern interest, vis a vis the promises made to other regions, will buhari take care of the east better than Jonathan?
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by Nobody: 10:43am On Apr 10, 2015
owobokiri:

This is a new one. I have read every word posted here, I am not aware of any poster insunuating that no easterner voted APC. The question here is how relevant such votes will be in serving the igbo interest. You don't vote for the sake of voting, you vote to make things happen. I can understand those who voted Buhari because they believe he will fight corruption better. Their choice. But in the general eastern interest, vis a vis the promises made to other regions, will buhari take care of the east better than Jonathan?
Did jonathan take care of the east
We made only one request and that is the 2nd niger bridge.
Where is the bridge
Please dont tell me its under construction cos its been under construction for the past 6 years.....

1 Like

Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by owobokiri(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2015
icebeatz:

Did jonathan take care of the east
We made only one request and that is the 2nd niger bridge.
Where is the bridge
Please dont tell me its under construction cos its been under construction for the past 6 years.....

Kindly read my initial post on this thread. I took time to explain some benefits of Jonathans presidency and the promises of his second term.
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by bakila: 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2015
K
pazienza:

My point is that Ndiigbo don't play tribal politics enough, like the Yorubas, who play tribal politics packaged as performance based politics to deceive the gullible.

My point is that it's high time we( Ndiigbo) starts playing tribal politics and totally rejecting APC and all it stands for, is a good way to start!
Na you sabi, you will wallow in your wait for success. We are waiting for how you guys will re-enter the mainstream.
Re: Questions For Okorocha, Ngige, Õnù As Buhari Visits The East by owobokiri(m): 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2015
Is it time to start stoning this three??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nnpc’s Unremitted Funds To Federation Account Are N4.9trn – RMAFC / Nigerian Man Reunites With Family After 3 Years Of Separation Due Lake Chad Cri / Random Pictures From Kano Roads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.