Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ (3335 Views)

Remi Tinubu Splashes N75 Million To Drag Me Down - Senator Dino Melaye Says / Aisha Buhari To Drag Fayose To Court If He Fails To Retract His Statements / Igbo Groups Drag Oba Of Lagos To NHRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Dreambeat:
By Austin Ogwuda, Enugu
SON of former governor of old Anambra State, Chief C.C Onoh, Dr. Josef Onoh has vowed to drag the Oba of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu to the International Criminal Court of Justice, ICC over his alleged statement in which he warned that any Igbo resident in his domain who dares to vote against the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Akinwunmi Ambode in Saturday’s poll in Lagos will die.
Onoh, reacting to the threat, described the Oba’s utterance as “a grievous incitement against the Igbos in Lagos”.
According to him, “let it be known that whether Oba Akilou’s threat come to fruition or not, I have concluded to take him to the ICC where he will keep company to the like Charles Taylor and answer to human right charges that will be preferred against him”.
He stated that Oba Akiolu by his treat of sinking Ndigbo into the lagoon if they vote against APC in the April 11governorship election for Lagos State and “inflammatory comment” that should be condemned.
He therefore urged his fellow Igbo brothers and sisters to exercise their fundamental right and vote for whom they want irrespective of the threat.
“I urge all Lagosians and indeed the entire Nigerians to come out in mass on Saturday to vote for candidates of their choice irrespective of party affiliation or tribe”, he stated. .
Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu was quoted as having warned that any Igbo resident who vote against the governorship candidate of the All Progressive Congress, APC, Akinwunmi Ambode in Saturday’s poll in Lagos will die.
Akiolu, who summoned all Eze Ndigbo in Lagos State to his palace on Sunday warned that he would not have anyone or Igbo men stop Ambode from becoming governor.
“On Saturday, if any one of you goes against Ambode who I picked, that is your end. If it doesn’t happen within seven days, just know that I am a bastard and it’s not my father who gave birth to me.
“Jonathan is my son and I speak to him every day, by the grace of God, I am the owner of Lagos for the time being. This is an undivided chair. The palace belongs to the dead and those coming in the future.
On Saturday, if anyone of you, I swear in the name of God, goes against my wish that Ambode will be the next governor of Lagos State, the person is going to die inside this water.
“I am not ready to beg you. Nobody knew how I picked Ambode. Jimi is my blood relation and I told him that he can never be governor in Lagos for now. The future belongs to God.
I am not begging anybody, but what you people cannot do in Onitsha, Aba or anywhere, if you do what I want, Lagos will continue to be prosperous for you, if you go against my wish, you will perish in the water,” he stated.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/i-am-ready-to-drag-oba-of-lagos-to-iccj/

The Igbos are about to be manipulated again. The last time it was Ojukwu who took them to war and when the war became hot sharp man escaped. After many years he came back to drink and laugh with those he called enemies.

This one calling for war will escape from Nigeria once it starts, leaving those in Lagos to sort it out. Between he has zero votes on saturday.
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by proflomo(m): 9:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Nigeria 1 - Ghana 0.

Wetin you go shout? 'Up Hausa'? Or, 'Up Igbo'? Or, 'Up Yoruba'?
No be 'Up Nigeria'?
No matter how wrong our amalgamation could have been, the de-amalgamation or division of Nigeria will be 'worstest'. Believe you me.
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 09, 2015
proflomo:
Nigeria 1 - Ghana 0.

Wetin you go shout? 'Up Hausa'? Or, 'Up Igbo'? Or, 'Up Yoruba'?
No be 'Up Nigeria'?
No matter how wrong our amalgamation could have been, the de-amalgamation or division of Nigeria will be 'worstest'. Believe you me.

There will never be a "de-amalgamation" This is used to excite the naive in our society. It's an opium given to them to give them a false sense of belonging. In the elite class tribalism is a secondary issue. It doesn't come up at all until the sharing formula doesn't favour one party. They will go to those lacking understanding in their region and claim their region is being cheated. But guess who is really being cheated.... a few elites. The unwise will go about ranting, protesting and even dying in some cases until the elites call a meeting to adjust the shares of their fellow elites from the so called aggrieved region. Few minutes later you will see them on the TV telling their sheep to go back home, the matter has been resolved. The sheep will not get anything but will be staisfied that they shouted. "We showed them" they will gullibly echo. In a paradise of fantasy they will rejoice but in reality their life does not improve. Such is the system of Nigeria.
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by etimutuk: 10:44am On Apr 09, 2015
the fact that lagosians made non lagosians comfortable in lagos doesn't make lagos a no mans land... i see that PDP have really deceived so many people to make dem bliv dat lagos is no mans land. think well, if ur dad allow a stranger to stay in his house and the stranger one
day wake up n say this is my house nobody can send me out, how would u feel? be sincere

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by queenetteada: 11:24am On Apr 09, 2015
He need to apologise to the igbos but what i don't understand is PDP using the oba's speech to campaign against the APC, am sure they have evil agenda for lagos. i am voting APC
Re: ‘I Am Ready To Drag Oba Of Lagos To ICCJ’ by etimutuk: 7:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Presidential Chat: Please, Which Country Uses This Flag? / Corruption In The Army Exposed: A Brave Soldier Writes President Buhari / Jonathan Didn’t Announce The Bullet Proof Car You Got – Omokri Blasts Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.