Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,435 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' (52016 Views)

Breaking: Igbo Traders Condemn Biafra Protests/nnamdi Kanu In Strongest Terms / Twitter Outburst As Patience Jonathan Fails To Show Up At The Inauguration / Olisa Metuh Reacts To Orubebe’s Anti-Jega Outburst At Collation Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 4:17pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dragonking:
@wakacome, I hope you can see the damage the oba has caused? I really pity ambode now because he was on the verge of getting everybodys support only for oga patapata of Lagos to come and spoil everything at the last minute.
Those that will vote for him will vote for him,not every igbo people are too emotional and fall for the tricks the oba is using,did you watch the video??did you see that some igbo people were with him on that day clapping for him when he made that statement?are they supposed to be happy and clapping for him??I smell foul play!!the oba is working for agbaje to gain sympathy votes for him!!!!I know what am saying,don't trust naija politicians,I hope everyone will not fall for this trick,everyone should vote for their conscience and don't get too emotional that will lead to them making wrong mistakes of voting for the wrong candidate just because they feel they want to challenge the oba,..if after four years we have bad government in lagos and the suffering becomes unbearable trust me the masses will be the one to suffer for it and this same oba will travel out of this country anytime he wants...be wise my people...
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
On the contrary it strenghthens the resolve of yorubas who stand against tyranny especially those who initially voted for Change in the Presidentials and will want to vote JK in their Hundreds of Thousand.Human beings are emotional creatures and will align with the persecuted.Observe how cool, calm and neutral JK has been through out this matter....does he strike you as someone pro-igbo?.
Trying so hard to make sense but......
Ranting as usual cool

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by ChinemeOkpan: 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
[s]Cc scatterboss, superstar1, chinemeokpan, manmountain, orlandoowoh come and see what omoluabi wrote.[/s]

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Donchkus(m): 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
[b][/b][quo[center][/center]te author=EmoBoy post=32445115]Too little, too late.

The "King of Lagos" has already done the damage.[/quote]............ur right.[i][/i][color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Mccullum: 4:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
If Igbo like they should vote for JK they can never be up to Yorubas & other tribes in Lagos, can any tribe try that in kano or Anambra, they will build hatred of Yoruba against themselves while they'll be ostracize after election.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Bonuwa: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Oba should prepare his grave cus pdp is taking over d state n ntn wll hapn I swear
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by amolak: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

The "King of Lagos" has already done the damage.
majority of Igbos voted for jonathan, afterall apc won. i don't know why apc is jittery
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
On the contrary it strenghthens the resolve of yorubas who stand against tyranny especially those who initially voted for Change in the Presidentials and will want to vote JK in their Hundreds of Thousand.Human beings are emotional creatures and will align with the persecuted.Observe how cool, calm and neutral JK has been through out this matter....does he strike you as someone pro-igbo?.

For me, im pro Buhari but I think JK is a better candidate simply because of how eloquent he relayed his manifesto However his party I can't trust. He is also performing the divisive politics many PDP members have been known to practice so underneath that calm is manipulation ...... I know lagos will be tough also hope majority desires carry the day....

Are you igbo? Thanks for being mature in your response without insults cos to be honest I haven't gotten anything but abuses expressing my opinion on this matter. bigups.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Texcoco(m): 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
Keegan:

[s]
You are a big fool since time immemorial. I have been saying it and I will say it again. The fault is not Igbos' it is the Yorubas' but sooner than later everything will fall in its rightful place.
Fellow Yorubas where is your wisdow? E ti je dundu gbagbe ada, adiye yin ti gbe igbe e fun kolokolo. Don't ever forget this rule of survival if you don't want to be caught unprepared, if you ever want PEACE always be prepared for WAR. Nobody can predict what will happen next in Lagos or Nigeria as a whole, so if you want to live don't take any slight threat for granted. Be at alert at all time and use your brain. You that are in igboland and other places outside Yorubaland should try and come together and form a union and protect yourselves, your families and business. I know you all know the meaning of the broom aroko as in the APC flag, it stand for UNITY, if you stay alone like a single strand of a broom you will be easier to break but in togetherness no one can break a BROOM. Oju lalankan nfi sori, please be vigilant at all times. E ma se firan, do not provoke your hosts and when you are provoked restrain yourself if you are alone or feel you can't face the opposition, ti owo omode ko ba te eku ida, won kii bere iku to pa baba eni o, be warned! Be alert! Oduduwa a gbe wa lapapo, Ogun o ni feje wa we, apa ota ko ni kawa nile loko! Alafia o![/s]
Speak English...

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dragonking: 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
Those that will vote for him will vote for him,not every igbo people are too emotional and fall for the tricks the oba is using,did you watch the video??did you see that some igbo people were with him on that day clapping for him when he made that statement?are they supposed to be happy and clapping for him??I smell foul play!!the oba is working for agbaje to gain sympathy votes for him!!!!I know what am saying,don't trust naija politicians,I hope everyone will not fall for this trick,everyone should vote for their conscience and don't get too emotional that will lead to them making wrong mistakes of voting for the wrong candidate just because they feel they want to challenge the oba,..if after four years we have bad government in lagos and the suffering becomes unbearable trust me the masses will be the one to suffer for it and this same oba will travel out of this country anytime he wants...be wise my people...

watch the video very well, you will notice that they didn't clap after he made that threat at the end. however, I hope tinubu or fashola does something quick to soothe this tension the oba caused because jimi will definitely use this for his advantage. I really wanted to vote for ambode but this oba has provoked me to change my mind. it is not about emotions but about respect. He should learn to respect everybody in his community.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by TopHand: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
EmoBoy:
Too little, too late.

The "King of Lagos" has already done the damage.
HE IS NOT THE KING OF LAGOS, he is only the king of waterside, Lagos state has many kings e.g oba of Badagry, ikorodu, agege, epe, ikeja, e.t.c dont generalize the whole of lagos, everybody is welcomed in Lagos
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by maik: 4:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
Most Yoruba people in my place wants to vote for Jimi Agbaja. All Yorubas cannot vote for Ambode.
I think it is 50-50.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by paullo20: 4:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jimi has my Vote. Ambode you have lost. Sorry oooooo.
It is the Oba that made you lose.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by tonardo(m): 4:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
i smell ibo gov in lagos come 2019
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dragonking:

watch the video very well, you will notice that they didn't clap after he made that threat at the end. however, I hope tinubu or fashola does something quick to soothe this tension the oba caused because jimi will definitely use this for his advantage. I really wanted to vote for ambode but this oba has provoked me to change my mind. it is not about emotions but about respect. He should learn to respect everybody in his community.
Oga if you really want to vote for ambode you will vote for him whether the oba made a wrong statement or not,respect is when you care about the future of your home,what about if you vote for agbaje and later in the future you discovered that agbaje and the oba are the ones that planned all this thrash all this while??those that voted for buhari voted for buhari despite everything said against him,and how will the oba know you voted for agbaje??is that not what he wants before?agbaje is even the oba's cousin!!!!!oba is even going to be the happiest man if agbaje wins,that is the secret many people don't know,even fashola and tinubu know the secret and that is why they are very angry with him!!anyways vote for who you want,if agbaje is who you want to vote for vote for him but remember decisions made with emotions and haste don't end well....goodluck!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by chacoonder(m): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
amolak:
majority of Igbos voted for jonathan, afterall apc won. i don't know why apc is jittery
Honestly,i don't know too.Is a vote difference of over 150,000 a joke?..APC should just remain strong and focused.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by scondy(f): 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
somegirl1:

Is Agbaje Igbo? Was he born of an Igbo mother? Is his wife Igbo? If no, why would an Igbo group be bothered to "plead for support" for him?

so what did they go there for? Is he the governorship candidate?they shd let us know what the courtsey visit was about
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dragonking: 4:39pm On Apr 07, 2015
wakacome:
Oga if you really want to vote for ambode you will vote for him whether the oba made a wrong statement or not,respect is when you care about the future of your home,what about if you vote for agbaje and later in the future you discovered that agbaje and the oba are the ones that planned all this thrash all this while??those that voted for buhari voted for buhari despite everything said against him,and how will the oba know you voted for agbaje??is that not what he wants before?agbaje is even the oba's cousin!!!!!oba is even going to be the happiest man if agbaje wins,that is the secret many people don't know,even fashola and tinubu know the secret and that is why they are very angry with him!!anyways vote for who you want,if agbaje is who you want to vote for vote for him but remember decisions made with emotions and haste don't end well....goodluck!!!!!

ok, now he is campaigning for jimi abi? are you now insinuating that the oba lied that he was the one that chose ambode according to the video?
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by hayatou27: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
thunder fire that your nose... ewu gambia... awon omo iran kiran

tonardo:
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by m4una(m): 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Attention plz!! To order for ur life jacket at a cheap price send #Akilu to 11415, thankz.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by bababuff(m): 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
If only this condemnation had been swift in the first place,perhaps things might have been different for Ambode....But we think this is a belated reaction when you look at the excessive clamour and umbrage against Akiolu even newspapers,radio-shows,TV programmes all have picked on this development and most will be keen to see how it ends..Will there be voter backlash against Ambode? Will there be reprisal killings or arson btw both tribes?? What steps can be done to avoid it and Can Lagos survive the ordeal??.....what about thieffnubu? What's his take?

Shut Up!!!
Who are you to decide if the condemnation is swift or not. If you have a PVC go out on saturday and vote.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by baysol: 4:43pm On Apr 07, 2015
tbaba1234:
Fellow Lagosians,

*I received the news of Oba Akiolu's alleged outbursts and veiled threats against the igbos with great consternation, I condemn the high-handedness of the Oba in the STRONGEST terms..

* Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria and the Igbos remain a crucial partner in its development..

*Akiolu's statement doesn't in anyway reflect the thinking in the APC or its govt that have given igbos a fair deal..

* Are you aware that Lagos APC spokesman, Joe Igbokwe is Igbo? Are you aware that the Commissioner of Economic Planning &Budget, Ben Akabueze is igbo? Amongst others..

* Ambode and Agbaje are both Yorubas.. Administrative acumen, cognate experience, financial wizardry should be the KEY parameters with which they should be assessed..

*AMBODE stands tall in all and far above Agbaje whose only speciality is in dispensing drugs!..Lagos is not an hospital or a pharmacy!

* Let's vote for SYNERGY with the Federal Govt for once to speed up development in Lagos..If we love FASHOLA, then we will TRUST his judgement!

* ‪#‎VoteAmbode4Governor‬ ‪#‎VoteAPC4BetterLagos‬ ..Lets continue with the excellence in governance!

https://www.facebook.com/support4ambode/posts/1045412692152827?fref=nf&pnref=story

why are we at loggerheads because of Igbo aliens from the east? this people are not worth all this chaos all over the place. Are they the only ones we are hosting inthe west to pit brother against each other for. Yoruba people must understand that this people represent distraction and destruction but we need to strategize to dislodge this cancer from our midst ASAP.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Endomondo: 4:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
In as much as i am not in support of what Oba Akinolu has said or the curse concerning the Ibos, the Ibos however took a step too far to vote in an ethnic pattern like they did during the presidential election. That action would have drawn the kind of reaction anywhere in Nigeria if jusxtaposed else we are ready to deceive ourselves.

Tell me if what the Ibos did was done in the North, what would have been the result or if Yoruba community in the East did same, would they (the ibos) have taken it lightly.

On a lighter mood, even if the ibos repeat what they did during the presidential election and gave a block vote to Agbaje, it will be inconsequential (Just like it was with Jonathan). Yes APC vote ranking was depleted the marging was still over a hundred thousand which is key and shows that even if you repeat your action, APC will still have the highest vote.

I however advise the ibos to think about the whole episode seriously and know that alligning with the rulling party in the state will be more beneficial to them. I am not a card carrying member of APC but as long as i feel that they will continue to develop Lagos like they have done in the past 16 years, i will continue to support them. Let your voting this time around be based on performance, the PDP we know is Capitalist and will only take care of themselves only forgetting forgetting those that voted them into power.

THINK DEEP

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Keegan: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
Speak English...

You're a big fool! I think you understand that?

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2015
The hate just moved from Rivers to Lagos grin
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Herald47: 4:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
ehie:
What is good for the gander is also good for the goose..
Since Igbos have decided not to learn from history and continue to try and take us backwards and also try to destroy Nigeria's Unity because of the Civil War they started, we shall give them the same treatment.

you cannot treat everyone around you like fools and dirt and expected to be treated like heroes... who get unna time?
you started the Civil war with the first coup and forty years you are still playing professional victims.. the sorry we have told you is enough e don do..
if you decide to play tribal politics we will play it well with you.
since you have decided to the rebellious son we will mold you into who we want to be/..stupid set of people. we no go hear word again..

who started the civil war?,go back to your history book and findout it will do you more good than harms,it is not the 1966 coup that led to the civil to war,after nzeogwu carried out the unsuccess coup the westerners and northerners revenged by killing over 300 igbo officials,i think i have e ducated you right?
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by corektchic: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
Dragonking:

ok, now he is campaigning for jimi abi? are you now insinuating that the oba lied that he was the one that chose ambode according to the video?

He could be lying. It could be a strategy to gain sympathy for Agbaje.. politics is a game of interest. .
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by somegirl1: 4:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
scondy:

so what did they go there for? Is he the governorship candidate?they shd let us know what the courtsey visit was about

Whatever the purpose of their visit was, the old man was tactless to have made such incendiary utterances.
What's more amazing is that there are many who support him.
With all the debates on here one would think Agbaje was an Igbo or other non-Yoruba candidate. So much for a united ethnic group.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Endomondo: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
tonardo:

Not possible, Yoruba from another state can anytime but not ibo. The wildest dream.
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by hayatou27: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
Now Igbos want to hold our hands in our Land, I swear to God they will not finish watching this movie, Igbos will run kaba kaba....Don't push us to the wall. Lagos is not Aba or Onitsha....We have endured for too long, if a stranger has over stayed he too will be behaving like house owner....this is not a treat but you cant determine our fate in Lagos , Hausa respect themselves in Lagos...Igbos kilode....Eniduro wotan...
Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by Dragonking: 4:53pm On Apr 07, 2015
corektchic:

He could be lying. It could be a strategy to gain sympathy for Agbaje.. politics is a game of interest. .

then APC, tinubu and fashola should come out and clear the air. why are they keeping quiet? I will vote for ambode but this oba should be heavily cautioned.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Condemns Oba's Outburst In 'strongest Terms' by kimheritag(m): 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
tbaba1234:
Fellow Lagosians,

*I received the news of Oba Akiolu's alleged outbursts and veiled threats against the igbos with great consternation, I condemn the high-handedness of the Oba in the STRONGEST terms..

* Lagos is a microcosm of Nigeria and the Igbos remain a crucial partner in its development..

*Akiolu's statement doesn't in anyway reflect the thinking in the APC or its govt that have given igbos a fair deal..

* Are you aware that Lagos APC spokesman, Joe Igbokwe is Igbo? Are you aware that the Commissioner of Economic Planning &Budget, Ben Akabueze is igbo? Amongst others..
I hate u, ur king and your group
* Ambode and Agbaje are both Yorubas.. Administrative acumen, cognate experience, financial wizardry should be the KEY parameters with which they should be assessed..

*AMBODE stands tall in all and far above Agbaje whose only speciality is in dispensing drugs!..Lagos is not an hospital or a pharmacy!

* Let's vote for SYNERGY with the Federal Govt for once to speed up development in Lagos..If we love FASHOLA, then we will TRUST his judgement!

* ‪#‎VoteAmbode4Governor‬ ‪#‎VoteAPC4BetterLagos‬ ..Lets continue with the excellence in governance!

https://www.facebook.com/support4ambode/posts/1045412692152827?fref=nf&pnref=story

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ihedioha: Women In Black Protest, Cry For God's Intervention For Ihedioha (Photo / 50 Nigerian Soldiers Drowned In Bayelsa Creeks, Not 3 — N’delta Avengers / Church Of Satan Replies Fani-kayode's Accusation Of Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.