Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? (2855 Views)

Delta Election Tribunal Throws Out Ogboru's Case Against Okowa / Delta Guber Election: Ogboru Floors Okowa, Pdp In Court / #deltadecides: Ogboru Steps Down For O'tega Emerhor, To Defect From LP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Folksyharry(m): 4:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
THERE were strong indications last night that Labour Party (LP) governorship candidate in Delta State, Chief Great Ogboru, has finally stepped down for his All Progressives Congress (APC) counterpart, Olorogun O’tega Emerhor, as a result of the intervention by some powerful Urhobo leaders.

It was learnt that Urhobo Progress Union (UPU) earlier set up a high- powered committee to persuade Ogboru to let go his personal interest for the general interest of the Urhobo in particular and Delta State in general.

It was also gathered that Ogboru yesterday at about 3:45p.m. decided to step down for Otega in the spirit of Easter.

“There has been wild jubilation across the state especially in Delta Central over this wonderful political landmark achieved by the Urhobo ethnic nationality,” a source said, adding: “By this arrangement Ogboru has agreed to decamp to the APC within the next couple of days.

“It is widely believed that Ogboru and Emerhor will address a joint press conference to point the way forward and urge the LP party faithful and supporters to cast their votes for the APC during April 11 gubernatorial election.”

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/lps-ogboru-steps-down-for-apcs-emerhor-in-delta-gubernatorial-race/

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by sinkhole: 4:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
What was Ogboru doing in LP since, he should have presented a good challenge to that Uduaghan if he has since joined APC!

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
If only this guy understand that Delta is 100% PDP state just like Rivers, Bayalsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and SE states.. Not forgeting Taraba, Plateau, Nassarawa and Adamawa states

Exercise in futility I must say! Okowa all the way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by PassingShot(m): 4:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
PDP is now done and dusted in Delta state
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Ok
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Seamareggae(m): 4:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
If only this guy understand that Delta is 100% PDP state just like Rivers, Bayalsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and SE states..

The same way... U said PDP would sweep South West..

Sorry bro...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
If only this guy understand that Delta is 100% PDP state just like Rivers, Bayalsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and SE states..

Don't be too sure.....the only thing keeping Okowa hope alive is the choice of his Deputy Governor.....and I assure that he will just be a feet away from impeachment all the time if he wins...the Deputy Governor will be the Real governor...
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:

You dey mind them?

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
ilugunboy:

Don't be too sure.....the only thing keeping Okowa hope alive is the choice of his Deputy Governor.....and I assure that he will just be a feet away from impeachment all the time if he wins...the Deputy Governor will be the Real governor...
Impeachment? Lol bros abeg no just talk go that side. Who will impeach who? Since the Presidential election we have seen pro-APC making funny projections, I don't blame them because it's the joy of victory that is blindfolding their objectivity. The truth remains that APC is non existent in Delta State and not even an Ogboru can change that. April 11 will be here and I will follow events in SS/SE and the Middle Belt + Taraba keenly. As for impeachment. Nobody will impeach anybody.

But you funny o, them never even elect person you don de talk impeachment grin
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
Impeachment? Lol bros abeg no just talk go that side. Who will inpeach who? Since the Presidential election we have seen pro-APC making funny projections, I don't blame them because it's the joy of victory that is blindfolding their objectivity. The truth remains that APC is non existent in Delta State and not even an Ogboru can change that. April 11 will be here and I will follow events in SS/SE and the Middle Belt + Taraba keenly. As for impeachment. Nobody will impeach anybody.

But you funny o, them never even elect person you don de talk impeachment grin

Did you read carefully and digest my comment ?

If he step out of line ...the same PDP dominated HOA members mostly made up of Tompolo loyalists will impeach him...
Okowa can't be an independent from those guys
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 07, 2015
ilugunboy:

Did you read carefully and digest my comment ?

If he step out of line ...the same PDP dominated HOA members mostly made up of Tompolo loyalists will impeach him...
Okowa can't be an independent from those guys
Bros I understand you now. But I hope Okowa won't misbehave
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Plshavmercyamen: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
If only this guy understand that Delta is 100% PDP state just like Rivers, Bayalsa, Cross River, Akwa Ibom and SE states.. Not forgeting Taraba, Plateau, Nassarawa and Adamawa states

SE States? Imo Inclusive? Smh
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2015
Any and everything is possible.
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
SE States? Imo Inclusive? Smh
wait till Imolites make known their statement on Saturday grin
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Plshavmercyamen: 5:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
wait till Imolites make known their statement on Saturday grin
Imolites? And who am I? Lol
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:

you still have mouth to talk?

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by shachris02: 5:48pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:

you are dead wrong on this. I stay in Delta and when it comes to governorship, Delta is very divided. with this move, APC might just win Delta.
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by shachris02: 5:49pm On Apr 07, 2015
this deserves front-page.

seun lalasticala ishilove
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
Imolites? And who am I? Lol
you are an Imolite(singlar). In Imolites I mean majority cool
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:

This was how you came with permutations of PDP winning the South West in March 28 presidential election.

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
firstEVA:
you still have mouth to talk?
Did anything happen to your mouth?

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
grin

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by pazienza(m): 6:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
You see how APC is trying to play the tribal card in Delta state. The one they are currently doing in Lagos is not enough. Urhobo had their eight years rule between1999-2007, Itsekiri is just about finishing their Eight years rule 2007-2015.

The next in line is the Anioma block which is expected to last from 2015- 2023, then the Ijaw eight years rule will commence from 2023-2031, then the Isokos from 2031-2039.

These arrangements were made that way to promote unity and prevent rancor amongst the component ethnic groups in Delta, Urhobos are not due to return to Asaba until 2039, UPU must not allow APC to use them to destroy the fragile Peace in Delta state, they should not allow greed to prevail over common sense!

2 Likes

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
firstEVA:
grin
I love you kiss
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by dunkem21(m): 6:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:

10 Likes for that.

2 Likes

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
barcanista:
I love you kiss
I look forward you having you back in APC.

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 07, 2015
dunkem21:

10 Likes for that.
My oga, I wonder when losing election equates to losing ones right to opinion and freedom. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
firstEVA:
I look forward you having you back in APC.
haba I was about telling tyou to join the umbrella. We need smart ladies like firstEVA kiss

Btw: I love you grin
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Desteenee(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
Barcanista my guy, where hv u been ? Take heart on our election loss, we shall bounce back again!
#DONTLOOSEFAITH

1 Like

Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by oseiwe(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
pazienza:
You see how APC is trying to play the tribal card in Delta state. The one they are currently doing in Lagos is not enough. Urhobo had their eight years rule between1999-2007, Itsekiri is just about finishing their Eight years rule 2007-2015.

The next in line is the Anioma block which is expected to last from 2015- 2023, then the Ijaw eight years rule will commence from 2023-2031, then the Isokos from 2031-2039.

These arrangements were made that way to promote unity and prevent rancor amongst the component ethnic groups in Delta, Urhobos are not due to return to Asaba until 2039, UPU must not allow APC to use them to destroy the fragile Peace in Delta state, they should not allow greed to prevail over common sense!
bros, u harsh oh. no let upu elders see ur post.
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by DaGC(m): 6:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

In my opinion, it would have been the other way around. Otega is not that popular when compared with Ogboru.
Re: Lp’s Ogboru Steps Down For Apc’s Emerhor In Delta Gubernatorial Race? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
Desteenee:
Barcanista my guy, where hv u been ? Take heart on our election loss, we shall bounce back again!
#DONTLOOSEFAITH
if I tell you that I am more strengthened despite the unfortunate loss @ the poll. I am of the opinion that PdP is bouncing back in 2019.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stupid Yorubas And Smart Igbos / What Have People Of Abia State Done To Deserve These From A Clueless Gov'nor / Photo : See What Obama Called Buhari During Their Meeting Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.