Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu (37280 Views)

Oyegun Got N10m To Make Abdullahi APC Spokesman - Timi Frank / PDP, Not APC, Killed Alameiseigha‎, My Husband - Magareth Alameiseigha / APC Spokesman, Lai Threatens To Sue PDP Spokesman, Metuh Over Libel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by chiefbamo(m): 4:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is not a member of the All Progressives Congress and cannot speak on behalf of the party.

Tinubu said this at a rally in Iganmu, Lagos, while reacting to the controversial comments of the monarch on Tuesday.

The APC National Leader, who noted that he was the first Yoruba governor to ever appoint an Igbo commissioner, said the Peoples Democratic Party, having failed to win last week’s presidential elections, were desperately trying to pull the APC into the Akiolu controversy.

He said the Coordinator of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, Ifeanyi Ubah, and the PDP leader, Bode George, were only making baseless accusations against the APC.

Tinubu said, “The oba is not a politician. His job is to accommodate all political parties, whether PDP, APC or SDP. So, what did he (Ubah) go and do at the palace?

“To you Igbos, don’t we pay your children’s school fees like others? Or is it the palace that pays for it? When we conducted an exam and a spelling competition, an Igbo boy, Ebuka, from Anambra, came first and he became the governor for one day.

“Those that won the competition three times in a row were Igbo. Ebuka was sent to Switzerland computer school and then Obafemi Awolowo University. We did not say he was an Igbo boy and he would not enjoy. He became an executive in Oando and he is now in Canada.

“Another boy, Felix, won and went to Switzerland and OAU. We paid his scholarship; we did not deny him because he is Igbo.”

In a separate statement, the Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary, Joe Igbokwe, said the monarch spoke out of anger.

He urged his kinsmen not to take out their anger on the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who knew nothing about the incident.

The statement read, “Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos is not a card-carrying member of APC. He is not a leader in the APC. He does not speak for the APC. He did not speak for Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state.

“He did not speak for our national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He did not speak for the incoming governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode. His Royal Highness is at liberty to speak for himself and he spoke for himself only.

“Lagos APC appeals to Ndigbo not to take the statement as the position of the party in Lagos. We passionately appeal to Ndigbo not to carry the statement credited to Oba Akiolu too far so as not to put a knife on things that have held us together for more than 50 years now.

“If out of annoyance, you throw your cap away, a mad man will take it and use it forever.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/akiolu-not-apcs-spokesman-tinubu-igbokwe/

78 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 07, 2015
They should use their head,becuz all I can see is no way PDP can win Lagos state.
Am advising my Igbo brothers to play Lagos politics with brain and not cry marginalization after the election.

Former police officer,something is really wrong somewhere,since he said jimi agbaje is his blood relative,he might be working for him indirectly.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by ozoigbondu: 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tinubu too has denied the toutish oba.....Akilou you are on your own see how your boys are abandoning you cheesy

Ndiigbo should vote whosoever they want since this is not the postion of APC rather that of an Oba.But we will still have a lagoon party to celebrate whosoever wins..........who doesn't swimming and partying

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Jk210(f): 5:00pm On Apr 07, 2015
ezex:
They should use their head,becuz all I can see is no way PDP can in Lagos state.
Am advising my Igbo brothers to play Lagos politics with brain and not cry marginalization after the election
In fact there are several threads in the politics section already pointing to the fact that the whole Akiolu saga is a PDP tactic aimed at fuelling ethnic tensions and garnering votes

In one Pat Utomi testifies that the Oba is the type used to cracking crude jokes and in another there's a link to the Eze Ndigbos reply where they're all laughing& jesting.

Clearly that's not the first time the Oba's spoken to them that way. They know he's a jester and didn't take his words seriously.

Someone in PDP latched on the story and decided to politicise it.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by WisdomFlakes: 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
All the rabble-rousers are PDP agents who weren't going to vote for Ambode to begin with. But dem don fail already. cheesy

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by seunmsg(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
Good response from Tinubu. We really need to stop getting unnecessarily emotional about this matter. This politicians will only divide us to gain political power, once they get to office, they all behave in the same manner. Beside, Lagos has endured a lot as an opposition state since 1999. In fact, Lagos is the centre of opposition movement in Nigeria since the return to democracy. Now that the struggles of Lagos has paid off with the victory of a Lagos propelled opposition party at the federal level, we should not allow this emotional outburst to deny Lagos the benefits of enjoying the dividends of having the same party at the centre. All Lagosians irrespective of tribe will benefit from the massive development that will occur in Lagos as a direct result of federal support. We should not deny our dear Lagos this great opportunity for emotional reasons.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by chiefbamo(m): 5:08pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jk210:

In fact there are several threads in the politics section already pointing to the fact that the whole akiolu saga is a PDP divide and rule saga

Look,whatever it is,my advise to the Ambode campaign team is to go do person to person,house to house,neighbour to neighbour campaign,this has done much more damage than what condemnation of the oba cn resolve.

Ambode to me is a better candidtate and its best the apc wins lagos to atleast reap all their investment in the opposition over the years,but as things are,he would sure lose if something more pragmatic isn't done..

Thing is plenty indigenes and non idigenes who are not igbo do not plan to vote,so imagine a case where igbos in their large numbers turn out to vote against him.hmm

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by WisdomFlakes: 5:12pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:

Look,whatever it is,my advise to the Ambode campaign team is to go do person to person,house to house,neighbour to neighbour campaign,this has done much more damage than what condemnation of the oba cn resolve.

Ambode to me is a better candidtate and its best the apc wins lagos to atleast reap all their investment in the opposition over the years,but as things are,he would sure lose if something more pragmatic isn't done..

Thing is plenty indigenes and non idigenes who are not igbo do not plan to vote,so imagine a case where igbos in their large numbers turn out to vote against him.hmm

Calm down bro. The igbos can't, and I repeat, can't determine the outcome of this election. They couldn't achieve that for GEJ Whom they love as one of there's. They were going to vote for Jimi regardless and made no secret of it even before this Akiolu controversy. With or without them Lagos will remain APC. No more opposition for Lagos.

95 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Jk210(f): 5:14pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:

Thing is plenty indigenes and non idigenes who are not igbo do not plan to vote,so imagine a case where igbos in their large numbers turn out to vote against
him.hmm

That's what I'm hoping they'll do as well

3 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by gists: 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
I am beginning to change my mind towards Tinubu.
Now, I am looking forward to the day he will emerge as the president of Nigeria.
He is just brilliant and doesn't know how to disappoint.
His response is just classic.

You don't have to agree with me but fault his response if you can.
“To you Igbos, don’t we pay your children’s school fees like others? Or is it the palace that pays for it? When we conducted an exam and a spelling competition, an Igbo boy, Ebuka, from Anambra, came first and he became the governor for one day.

“Those that won the competition three times in a row were Igbo. Ebuka was sent to Switzerland computer school and then Obafemi Awolowo University. We did not say he was an Igbo boy and he would not enjoy. He became an executive in Oando and he is now in Canada.

“Another boy, Felix, won and went to Switzerland and OAU. We paid his scholarship; we did not deny him because he is Igbo.”

95 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by chiefbamo(m): 5:18pm On Apr 07, 2015
This picture that I saw on twitter just now best explains what's happneing with lagos politicst right now.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by taharqa: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
I thought some fooooolish APC e-Clowns were saying yterday that the statement from the irresponsible 'oba' didn't mata and we're even defending him.

Why are the real APC chief-Clowns now desperately trying to do damage control and denying the 'oba'?? Why them cone dey beg beg now??

Una nova See anything

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by WisdomFlakes: 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2015
True Lagosians who have her interest at heart clearly understand what is happening. PDP is desperately trying to make Lagos its consolation prize after losing the presidency. But it's all a pipe-dream coz there is no room for them. Lagos rejects opposition politics forthwith! Jimi should stop kidding himself.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Jwonder(m): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
All i see is ENVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just because the Igbo's are adventurous and successful in their land that's why they are angry. An average yoruba man will never leave his father's house to seek for greener pastures else where, all u hear from them is "ILE BABA Mii" smh..Lazy folks.. They prefer going to the garage to collect money they didn't work for. Whether the yoruba like it or not all i know is that its ENVY that is bringing all this, if not, then why have they singled out igbo people to pour their hate on..don't we have Calabar, Niger Deltans and hausa's in Lagos.. Why must it always be "THE GREAT IGBO PEOPLE"

If you like Quote me and say rubbish that's you own wahala, have said my own...

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by WisdomFlakes: 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
taharqa:
I thought some fooooolish APC e-Clowns were saying yterday that the statement from the irresponsible 'oba' didn't mata and we're even defending him.

Why are the real APC chief-Clowns now desperately trying to do damage control and denying the 'oba'?? Why them cone dey beg beg now??

Una nova See anything

Yimu. Hot air things. Nothing will happen and APC will retain Lagos come Saturday. Now choke on that.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Zuria(f): 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
All these tribal politics you all play, would consume us all....

All the candidates for the gubernatorial election for Lagos state are all Yorubas...the only igbo candidate stepped down for Ambode, why the hate?

An average igbo is more concerned about his business than the politics around him...let's stop hating this unique tribe.

"You know a place is habitable when you find igbos living there" -- Chief Obafemi Awolowo, 1871 grin grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by CyberWolf: 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2015
This response is classic..I've always admired Tinubu since the days of OBJ..He should compel the Oba to tender an undeserved apology before we take him serious because I know that those Igbo kids that are beneficiaries of Lagos scholarship scheme will not be happy with the Oba's statement..#ObaAkioluMustApologize cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by onyebuchiokafor: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
This is a nice talk from TINUBU,,, The OBA is speaking for himself,, Xo vote APC for change............

AMBODE for the people,, APC FOR CHANGE

29 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 5:31pm On Apr 07, 2015
Why is tinubu not the oba
He seems to have a lot more sense than the agbero they put on the throne

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Jwonder(m): 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:
A
“Lagos APC appeals to Ndigbo not to take the statement as the position of the party in Lagos. We passionately appeal to Ndigbo not to carry the statement credited to Oba Akiolu too far so as not to put a knife on things that have held us together for more than 50 years now.

If out of annoyance, you throw your cap away, a mad man will take it and use it forever.”

LoLzz!! Tinubu wicked ooh!! See how he use style insult that Diarrhea Mouth OBA..

8 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 5:34pm On Apr 07, 2015
chiefbamo:
A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has said the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, is not a member of the All Progressives Congress and cannot speak on behalf of the party.

Tinubu said this at a rally in Iganmu, Lagos, while reacting to the controversial comments of the monarch on Tuesday.

The APC National Leader, who noted that he was the first Yoruba governor to ever appoint an Igbo commissioner, said the Peoples Democratic Party, having failed to win last week’s presidential elections, were desperately trying to pull the APC into the Akiolu controversy.

He said the Coordinator of the Transformation Ambassadors of Nigeria, Ifeanyi Ubah, and the PDP leader, Bode George, were only making baseless accusations against the APC.

Tinubu said, “The oba is not a politician. His job is to accommodate all political parties, whether PDP, APC or SDP. So, what did he (Ubah) go and do at the palace?

In a separate statement, the Lagos State APC Publicity Secretary, Joe Igbokwe, said the monarch spoke out of anger.

He urged his kinsmen not to take out their anger on the APC governorship candidate, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode, who knew nothing about the incident.

The statement read, “Oba Rilwan Akiolu of Lagos is not a card-carrying member of APC. He is not a leader in the APC. He does not speak for the APC. He did not speak for Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos state.

“He did not speak for our national leader Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. He did not speak for the incoming governor, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode. His Royal Highness is at liberty to speak for himself and he spoke for himself only.

“If out of annoyance, you throw your cap away, a mad man will take it and use it forever.”

That highlighted portion was quite unnecessary
It belittles the message he was trying to pass on,that is besides the point.

9 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by FrankOguns(m): 5:35pm On Apr 07, 2015
Tinubu is saying that to secure peoples vote, only God knows what happens next after the election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Texcoco(m): 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
That settles it then....Let us vote for whoever we want..

7 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by WisdomFlakes: 5:36pm On Apr 07, 2015
babyosisi:

That highlighted portion was quite unnecessary
It belittles the message he was trying to pass on,that is besides the point.

No o, it was necessary for special effects, coz it seems some SE brethren have short memories at a time like this.

30 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by DivineU: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Damage control but I think Igbo people have already decided to vote for PDP. If APC people do not act fast in order to win the hearts of Igbo people then there is a high probability of not winning Lagos. Remember that Igbo people have a very high percentage of registered voters with PVC in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Mamatee07: 5:38pm On Apr 07, 2015
Good, now let's move on

1 Like

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Borderless: 5:40pm On Apr 07, 2015
WisdomFlakes:

Calm down bro. The igbos can't, and I repeat, can't determine the outcome of this election. They couldn't achieve that for GEJ Whom they love as one of there's. They were going to vote for Jimi regardless and made no secret of it even before this Akiolu controversy. With or without them Lagos will remain APC. No more opposition for Lagos.

E go do you like film trick!

15 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by afoo02(m): 5:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Gud response from Jagaban

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 07, 2015
Texcoco:
That settles it then....Let us vote for whoever we want..
I knew you had brains but what i don't know is why you refused to use it. Well, now that you've used it, i must congratulate you and you must learn to respect your hosts and we must learn to respect you guys too. If we respect each other, no one can disrespect us. Never!
God bless us

17 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by OluwaChinenyenwa: 5:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
Still nonsense.
Nigerians should divide.. The hatred they have for one another can wipe out the whole country

3 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by Texcoco(m): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2015
NaijaTalkTown:
I knew you had brains but what i don't know is why you refused to use it. Well, now that you've used it, i must congratulate you and you must learn to respect your hosts and we must learn to respect you guys too. If we respect each other, no one can disrespect us. Never!
God bless us
We have always know you guys as trickish and very cunning....Regardless,we will vote our candidate and be on the alert for yoruba trouble makers.

8 Likes

Re: Akiolu Not APC Spokesman-tinubu by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Jwonder:

LoLzz!! Tinubu wicked ooh!! See how he use style insult that Diarrhea Mouth OBA..
Tinubu didn't say that. The Lagos State APC publicity secretary, Joe Igbokwe said it. Read it again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alleged Thumb Printing Of Ballots At Ketu, Mile 12 And Other Markets / Text Message On Muslim-Muslim Ticket Is Fake - Tinubu Campaign Organization / PMB Could Have Punished Wike, FFK, Fayose, Bishop Kukah, Others – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.