Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

What Do You Think Needs To Change In Nigeria And Whats Your Suggestion? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think Needs To Change In Nigeria And Whats Your Suggestion? (867 Views)

List Of 36 States Of Nigeria And Their Meanings / CBN Boss, Emefiele May Resign Over Buhari’s Order To Change Colour Of naira note / Boko Haram Story Will Change In Two Weeks – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think Needs To Change In Nigeria And Whats Your Suggestion? by iukpe: 11:22pm On Apr 07, 2015
Change is on the mind of many Nigerians today. However i know the first things on our minds as would be the basic things, infrastructure, Roads, electricity supply, water supply etc.
But seriously some other things will impact our lives positively too.

Police services and relations.
Our police force needs to be more available for citizens, should be FREE, more friendly patrols, quicker response and independence on carrying out police duties or investigations and not depending on individual funding of police activity, even from the complainant.
For achieving this, I think the police officer's training and job package needs to be improved on and more educated and qualified officers moved to serve the public. The package should be made attractive such that graduates should desire to serve in the force. All of the things to make police duty worth it for officers should be addressed.

Education
For long has been neglected though some governments have addressed the problem one way or the other, but quality of education will be improved not only by facility development but also by checking the conduct of students and school staff together.

Public Complaints Commission
I don't know much about this one, but if its what I think it is then it should almost be accessible to everyone willing to use it today. This should help check poor functionality of public services.

Transportation
I always wonder why Nigeria cannot have very functional city or intercity rail road system or other transport system. Many governments have tried to put transport systems in place but these efforts to me were not started by addressing the fundamental problem that might bring about sustainability. We need to see more secure transport systems operating on safe roads, within the states and interstate. If safer roads could link our states with streetlights and security, that would be a dream come true.

Emergency services
Police, Fire and Ambulance services should be improved and be available on call. With the support of a good public health care system and a well funded casualty unit in our hospitals maybe there could be more meaning to life. There should be some compensation for medical establishments who take up responsibility during emergencies or fatalities.

and more.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Needs To Change In Nigeria And Whats Your Suggestion? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Uninterrupted power supply,uninterrupted power supply and uninterrupted power supply!!!any government that do this in nigeria has just solved 60% of the problems in naija....

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think Needs To Change In Nigeria And Whats Your Suggestion? by abduljabbar8: 1:38am On Apr 08, 2015
wakacome:
Uninterrupted power supply,uninterrupted power supply and uninterrupted power supply!!!any government that do this in nigeria has just solved 60% of the problems in naija....
Seconded.
As for security that one is automatic
Re: What Do You Think Needs To Change In Nigeria And Whats Your Suggestion? by iukpe: 8:40am On Apr 08, 2015
wakacome:

This is true. And will givea boost to security management too.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Sends Traditional Rulers To Beg Tinubu / In Defence Of Jimi Agbaje / Senate Has Failed Nigerians – Ndume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.