Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,798 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. (38452 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / Bring Back Lagos – Calabar Rail Project---vanguard / Hahaha! See What A Colonial Oyibo Writer Said About ''Eboes'' (Igbo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by flopriddy: 6:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Ambode all the way

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OrigamiIII: 6:41am On Apr 09, 2015
With this development, we advice any or all yorubas resident in the SE to start relocating back home because a cleansing of lagos and the entire SW would soon inevitably commence. Let each side prepare for the D-Day.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 09, 2015
birdman:

kinda reminds me of Afonja. Oluwa o ni fun won se o

Funny man. You really think JK will do an Afonja? It's all about votes man. It is wishful thinking to imagine that JK will win and automatically become Azikiwe, the Igbos are being played.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
meet you for what if i may ask?

please kindly stick to the topic.

So that we can get to know each other more, don't you think that will be cool? cheesy

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cheruv: 7:22am On Apr 09, 2015
cobratail:
[s][/s]

Your senile father must be stupid to feed you with all these jargons, calling other peoples parent drunk shows you were conceived by a local dog who happens to be your deranged mother. Id.iots like you can only hide behind chinko phone to post jargons. Idiat
counter what he said pls
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

So that we can get to know each other more, don't you think that will be cool? cheesy
you are crazy!
Go to romance section and look for your mates to stalk. I am not your mate.

Stoopid!
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by nzeadachie: 7:26am On Apr 09, 2015
oluwabreezy:
i swear if the vote of lagos go the other way round to favour pdp............you will know that the yorubas are not in any way joking at all and not just in lagos the whole south west will fight you igbos to finish.......you better start leaving now or else lagoon will be too small for you.

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cheruv: 7:32am On Apr 09, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

[s]Some Ijaw, Opobo, Andoni and Kalabari also bear the names of their European friends as their surnames[/s].
don't bring in the eastern izon here! angry
we're talking about the awori and epe aborigines of Lagos and you're talking nonsense!
Lagos as a city belongs to the oba of Bini and when Nigeria breaks up,the imperial Biafran army and Navy would make sure Lagos returns to the Bini King
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 7:32am On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
you are crazy!
Go to romance section and look for your mates to stalk. I am not your mate.

Stoopid!

My mates? Have you seen me before to know that I am not your mate? Why all the insults Berem? Was it a sin to admire you again? embarassed embarassed
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by sunboy(m): 8:12am On Apr 09, 2015
unite4real:
Its truly a colonial settlement because names like Epe, Surulere, Egbeda, Ilupeju, Shomolu, Mushin, Ajah, maroko etc are all Colonial names.

Its true again because when the colonial masters came, Lagos was empty. there were no human beings there. So the Colonial masters started speaking Yoruba and began to name all those areas above.

Wow. what a revelation.

You didn't finish it, then the white man named Ikoyi and gave it a king known as Onikoyi who was a white man.
Then names lekki and Oniru too and gave them kings too.

Idiots! I never blame them I blame PDP desperation. They just want to make life difficult for themselves ni , ingrates!!!
They dare not try this shit in the North, Hausa don't joke with sensitive things like this.
Now Lagos is now mans land, Abuja too abi ? PH? Kano?

What piss me off more is when they mention building Lagos! Wtf happened to their villages? The whole of South East don develop finish? Yet call our villages mud houses but won't leave.
Call of Ndi Ofe, but na them eat oil pass!
I remember they are Ajekuta mamumi!

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2015
cheruv:

we're talking about the awori and epe aborigines of Lagos and you're talking nonsense!
Lagos as a city belongs to the oba of Bini and when Nigeria breaks up,the imperial Biafran army and Navy would make sure Lagos returns to the Bini King
Among the Kalabari you hear names like Lawson, Brigss, Walson, Long-John, etc. Are those names traditionally Kalabari?
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Osakah24(m): 8:50am On Apr 09, 2015
Lagos might be yorubaland,but without the igbos ,lagos will loose its taste,there is no mega city in the world that is made up of a single tribe.it is the multiplicity of tribes that makes a city thrive,with what is happening across the country,this gubernatorial election might be the last straw in an already broken camels back.all eyes was on the centre but the discord is brewing to high heavens,GOD HELP US
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by bakynes(m): 8:56am On Apr 09, 2015
One guy said my mind on page 12, The British colony of Lagos is just a small land space of Marina, V.I At the emergence of Lagos state part of the western region was brought to form the Capital. Ikorodu, Epe, Ajah, Ipaja, Ikeja etc where all taken from Ogun state and Oyo state. Even some say lagos is part of Benin Kingdom, like the fools don't know the first Oba of Bini was a Yoruba crown Prince long before the British or Portugese came dats why you hear some Benin people of present day Nigeria bearing Yoruba names. You know how many states you Igbo will cross to even enter into yoruba land not to talk of Lagos deep down inside yoruba land. I don't hate igbos but stop claiming what isn't yours. Na we say make British govt land our shores con make am capital.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Osakah24(m): 8:57am On Apr 09, 2015
OrigamiIII:
With this development, we advice any or all yorubas resident in the SE to start relocating back home because a cleansing of lagos and the entire SW would soon inevitably commence. Let each side prepare for the D-Day.
stop the noise and go and start the cleansing yourself.YOU THINK LAGOS IS NAIRALAND?

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by cheruv: 9:07am On Apr 09, 2015

Stark illiterate!

Do you think I speak with an accent like you? grin

I said, "TRIPE" - meaning: nonsense.

Igbotic cannibal trying to educate me on use of English with an accent - bwahahaha.
don't mind him pls...he's Korean,they can't differentiate between P & B cheesy

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by otr1(m): 9:21am On Apr 09, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Why warning Igbo to steer clear from the polls? Are you scared of their massive voting for JK and their estimated 47% population ensuring that JK wins a whooping landslide over Ambode in Lagos?

JK can't even get half of the votes GEJ got on 28 March and so victory is not feasible for him. If GEJ couldn't get 45% of the total votes cast even with near 100% votes from the Igbos coupled that of the Yorubas and that of other tribes, what makes you think he can win with near 0% Yoruba support( yes zero, coz he's a sell out)? . You better wake up if you've been dreaming of JK's victory. He has a better chance in Anambra state.
The warning is not for the fear of Igbo votes, but for the fear of their safety coz of their unguarded utterances. It can be disregarded at a risk. The "Lagoonization" threat is real and will be implemented.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by otr1(m): 9:44am On Apr 09, 2015
cheruv:

If you have a functioning brain, you should know that the Bini people are being ruled by someone with the title "Oba". Does that ring a bell? So the Binis will connive with your ragtag Army and Navy( the same that terrorised them during the civil war) to take over Lagos from the Yorubas, their big brothers? Whatever makes you think the Binis will choose you over the Yorubas? Bini Kingdom itself is a subset of the larger Yoruba Kingdom, so if Lagos belongs to Oba of Bini, then the Oba of Bini himself belongs to us ( Eni t'o l'Erú lo l'Erù- he who owns the slave, owns the load he's carrying). Be guided, you punk!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 09, 2015
AgentMS:

We have all condemned his outburst in clear cut terms.

However, we shall not allow some cannibalistic people without culture to insult our traditional institution. they are foreigners and they will forever be.

They should not allow one useless party to use them to debar the progress of our peaceful and prosperous land.
The igbos contributed in making lagos prosperous so stop boosting.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by jaysniggs: 10:08am On Apr 09, 2015
Boss13:

Where are you from? An honest question.

Lagos is in a Yoruba territory, inhabited first by the Aworis.
The Aworis therefore are Yorubas also.
So it is mandatory for other Yorubas from whatever state in The West to defend the land against scavengers.
The Yorubas are one just so you know so I don't get what your headache actually is.
They Aworis are in no way related to Igbo people or any other tribe except the Yorubas.
It is true that whoever the gods want to kill, they first make mad. Igbos are really losing it.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by bayulll01(m): 10:19am On Apr 09, 2015
Awon werey the more they talk,the more they look stupiid and silly,when nigeria divides you come and tell us it is colonial region,and that colonial region is in east pathetic people always looking for troubles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 09, 2015
unite4real:
Its truly a colonial settlement because names like Epe, Surulere, Egbeda, Ilupeju, Shomolu, Mushin, Ajah, maroko etc are all Colonial names.

Its true again because when the colonial masters came, Lagos was empty. there were no human beings there. So the Colonial masters started speaking Yoruba and began to name all those areas above.

Wow. what a revelation.

Lolz

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Canme4u(m): 10:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Me just dey watch...

The wind that will blow these iddiot Igbos enter lagoon is still taking lesson/training under turnado.

They shouldn't worry as they would be placed where they belong soon enough.

Yehyeh dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Alfamann: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
StealthIdeals:
Watch it. I'm specifically refering to you, not the entire Igbos; your end will be bitter.

Mr Yinka Oyewusi, here you are directly threatening another poster. Just like your foolish oba.

Wait let me get your address and let's see who'll see a bitter end.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Had lagos not been a federal capital once upon a time and had white men not pumped every conceivable amount of urbanization plan into its heart, I wonder how developed it would have been today. Laziness and lack of ambition can be attributed to the yoruba majority. Look at the condition of ogun, osun, oyo, benin, ibadan and compare this to ibo indigenous settlements. Hopelessly local bases filled with unschooled yoruba illiterates and farming communities. Simply put, Lagos was developed by "ALL MAN". Simple.

1 Like

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Alfamann:

Mr Yinka Oyewusi, here you are directly threatening another poster. Just like your foolish oba.

Hahahaha, see this muggin. Ur grandfathers pioneered Lagos? It will soon occur to you at night time that this umbrella you wield is a load.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Canme4u(m): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Osakah24:
Lagos might be yorubaland,but without the igbos ,lagos will loose its taste,there is no mega city in the world that is made up of a single tribe.it is the multiplicity of tribes that makes a city thrive,with what is happening across the country,this gubernatorial election might be the last straw in an already broken camels back.all eyes was on the centre but the discord is brewing to high heavens,GOD HELP US

The above is the reason we ask Igbo to know their boundry. We didnt stop you from owning property non business. Just that you should respect your host and whatever Yorubas cannot do in your Eastern part of the country, do not do it here in Western states. What you cannot get do not give.

Moreso, I don't like your LAGOS MIGHT BE YORUBA LAND TOO.
LAGOS IS A YORUBA LAND, THE EARLIER YOU STICK THAT TO YOUR BRAIN THE BETTER.

Are we Yorubas asking for too much?

Thanks but no thanks.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:56am On Apr 09, 2015
Jakpon:
Lazy Yeribas we Igbos are the one that helped them develop Lagos. Useless Ndi ofe people

Buhahahahaha! This one tore my boxers.
Ndi ofe mmanu with menacing tribal marks.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 09, 2015
Alfamann:

I wil even give u my address. Eni Sango ba ti oju e wole koni bawon bu Oba Koso. U already knw Oba Akiolu's palace, what hav u done to him? A f00l of the highest order.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by 0ldirtybastard(m): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
APGA just worsened the whole situation.

Instead of claiming Lagos to be a Portuguese name and insisting it is no man's land,what have they done to stop PDP in the southeast from robbing them of their victory in the elections?

please o! my landlord is a Yoruba man and a very kind hearted one for that matter. I don't want him to have problems with me because of one useless person who claims he speaks for Igbos.

Ndi Igbo,let bygones be bygones!

Goat. You're just scared of being evicted.
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by shizzleStar: 11:03am On Apr 09, 2015
Stunner1:
This madness has got to stop
We do not own LAGOS
I repeat we do not own LAGOS
We are not planning to own LAGOS anytime soon
APGA's spokesperson does not speak for us
Pls let this madness just end haba
War is not good oh ask ppl who experienced it or beta still go watch HALF OF A YELLOW SUN angry angry

Shhhhh!

...and who says we own lagos?? who is claiming lagos?, is it Igbos or yorubas from other South West states who are not even indigenes of lagos that are claiming lagos? how does no mans land mean we own lagos?, is it only Igbos that refer t Lagos as no mans land
Re: APGA Fires Back: Lagos Is A Colonial Settlement, Not A Yoruba Land. by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Goat. You're just scared of being evicted.
it is your entire family that are goats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Sowore Appears In Court For The First Time Since Arrest : Photos / IPOB: We Will Lockdown South-East For One Month If FG Fails To Bring Nnamdi Kanu / Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.