Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,674 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women (35916 Views)

Prescription Painkiller 'Tramadol' Claiming More Lives Than Any Other Drug / The Real Reason Nigerian Hospitals Ask For Police Report In Trauma Patients / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by peteruuu(m): 1:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
The last POINT is sooooo much on POINT.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 27, 2015
TrishaP:
Research says heart attacks are more common among men because they cry less frequently than women. Funny and amazing!

Honestly, sometimes i really wish i culd cry, to shed some stress.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by abachaphilo(m): 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2015
who is the course since men give there life spam to their wife/woman
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by omooba969(m): 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
TrishaP:
Research says heart attacks are more common among men because they cry less frequently than women. Funny and amazing!

Sauce plz.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by soonest(f): 1:41pm On Apr 27, 2015
Number 7 is very true. I have been trying to get my dad to the hospital for the past 6 months all to no avail. Just for routine check up o
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by rajiidowu(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Tallesty1:
It is a fact of life that men enjoy certain physical advantages over women. On average, men are stronger, taller, faster and less likely to be overweight. But none of these attributes seem to matter over the long haul. For whatever the physical virtues of maleness, longevity is not among them.
Women, as a group, live longer than men. Even across the industrialized world, women still live 5 to 10 years longer than men and recent research revealed that among people over 100 years old, 85% are women.

These Are The Few Reasons Men Live Shorter Lives

1. The Burden of Natural Genetic Deficits. While every cell in a woman's body has two large X chromosomes, men have one X and one smaller Y chromosome; the Y is half the size. The "spare" X chromosomes allow women's bodies to compensate when faced with damage in ways that men's cells cannot. In addition, mutations are three to six times more likely in a Y chromosome than an X chromosome.

2. The Big Delay: This is a one big advantage women have over men in terms of cardiovascular disease, like heart attack and stroke. Women develop these problems usually in their 70s and 80s, about 10 years later than men, who develop them in their 50s and 60s.

3. Hard Drugs and Alcohol: Althou women indulge in this too but the rate is higher in men. A lot of men have done horrendous damage to themselves over time with smoking and drinking.

4. The Testostereone Storm: This is the time in the live a guy when the levels of the hormone can be quite high and changeable, and that can induce some pretty dangerous behavior among young men. They start taking risks; they drink too much alcohol; they can be aggressive with weapons and so on and so forth. These behaviors lead to a higher death rate.

5. They Take Risks: Men are biologically more prone to risky behavior, this is sometimes caused by the slower development of the area of the brain that governs judgment and sometimes by the presure the society put on us. For instance, when there's a burning house, the man has to be the one running back in to save others and risk his life!

6. Self-Reliance: It is always good to be able to do things for yourself but there are things you cannot accomplish on you own and some men don't seem to reason that way. We have this mentality of I can do it all on my own. I don’t depend on anybody. I can’t depend on others in society to take care of me, so I need to rely on myself. And because others like my family are depending on me, I really need to take care of myself. This is good to an extent but the disadvantage poses a great risk to our health

7. Men Don't Pay Attention To Their Health: Men pay more attention to their wives' health than their own. When a woman complains of sickness, the man will either take her to the hospital or ask her to see a doctor but when he falls sick, he will take paractamol and wave it off as nothing. Even when we do fall properly ill, we still laugh it off, and pretend it’s nothing so that we don’t look weak - or even risk losing work. There’s a lot at stake if you admit to illness.

8. Some Men Hardly Rest: This group of men are always at work, from morning till night everyday. There is nothing like rest in their dictionary. They work all the time.

9. They Live With Women: No Explanation is needed here.

You Can Add Yours.
reasons why women suppose to pity men, be faithful to them and give them happiness...... God is watching oooo
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by oluwasegun007(m): 1:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thank God am an extra-ordinary man
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 27, 2015
Poverty... shocked
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by eminikansoso(m): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2015
Tallesty1:
It is a fact of life that men enjoy certain physical advantages over women. On average, men are stronger, taller, faster and less likely to be overweight. But none of these attributes seem to matter over the long haul. For whatever the physical virtues of maleness, longevity is not among them.
Women, as a group, live longer than men. Even across the industrialized world, women still live 5 to 10 years longer than men and recent research revealed that among people over 100 years old, 85% are women.

These Are The Few Reasons Men Live Shorter Lives

1. The Burden of Natural Genetic Deficits. While every cell in a woman's body has two large X chromosomes, men have one X and one smaller Y chromosome; the Y is half the size. The "spare" X chromosomes allow women's bodies to compensate when faced with damage in ways that men's cells cannot. In addition, mutations are three to six times more likely in a Y chromosome than an X chromosome.

2. The Big Delay: This is a one big advantage women have over men in terms of cardiovascular disease, like heart attack and stroke. Women develop these problems usually in their 70s and 80s, about 10 years later than men, who develop them in their 50s and 60s.

3. Hard Drugs and Alcohol: Althou women indulge in this too but the rate is higher in men. A lot of men have done horrendous damage to themselves over time with smoking and drinking.

4. The Testostereone Storm: This is the time in the live a guy when the levels of the hormone can be quite high and changeable, and that can induce some pretty dangerous behavior among young men. They start taking risks; they drink too much alcohol; they can be aggressive with weapons and so on and so forth. These behaviors lead to a higher death rate.

5. They Take Risks: Men are biologically more prone to risky behavior, this is sometimes caused by the slower development of the area of the brain that governs judgment and sometimes by the presure the society put on us. For instance, when there's a burning house, the man has to be the one running back in to save others and risk his life!

6. Self-Reliance: It is always good to be able to do things for yourself but there are things you cannot accomplish on you own and some men don't seem to reason that way. We have this mentality of I can do it all on my own. I don’t depend on anybody. I can’t depend on others in society to take care of me, so I need to rely on myself. And because others like my family are depending on me, I really need to take care of myself. This is good to an extent but the disadvantage poses a great risk to our health

7. Men Don't Pay Attention To Their Health: Men pay more attention to their wives' health than their own. When a woman complains of sickness, the man will either take her to the hospital or ask her to see a doctor but when he falls sick, he will take paractamol and wave it off as nothing. Even when we do fall properly ill, we still laugh it off, and pretend it’s nothing so that we don’t look weak - or even risk losing work. There’s a lot at stake if you admit to illness.

8. Some Men Hardly Rest: This group of men are always at work, from morning till night everyday. There is nothing like rest in their dictionary. They work all the time.

9. They Live With Women: No Explanation is needed here.

You Can Add Yours.
well said but real reason is[b] WOMEN & FAMILY WAHALA[/b]
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by lavenjcrown(m): 1:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
Too many responsibilities plus thinking.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 27, 2015
am guilty of 8, , I must start taking good rest!!! #damn
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 27, 2015
The Stress Man go through in their lives is unprecedented...

Also men full police

Dem full army

99.99% percent of bus drivers are men.

95% of prison inmates are men

cultist men in universities get killed

Armed robbers are 99% men.

Even police and SARS de arrest men n leave women sef.

Even female Cadaver dey extremely scarce...

In fact come to think of it, All my uncles are dead and all my aunties are very much alive, healthy n none of dem show signs of dying any time soon.

Ma mama dey and ma papa Don die since sef.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by omooba969(m): 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2015
MizMyColi:

You ehn
Ocho Okwu Number 1 of nairaland.

*pulls him close*
Come here joorgrin

*Bear Hugs*
Yes, we're good
wink

Pls wotz 'ocho okwu' ?
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by nerodenero: 2:22pm On Apr 27, 2015
Someone once said that 'men die at a tender age than women because women have no wives'.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
Tallesty1:
Some of us don't even know how to cry.
one of d main reason men die faster.. They rarely cry, rada dey swallow dia pain n increase depression which ll kip piling up to translate physically as one hailment or d oda esp those of cardiovascular. Women on d oda hand, cry off dia pain, dia by reducing depression wch translate to fewer health issues datcan cut short lives..
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by omooba969(m): 2:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
kingstylo01:
thanks for the info.

Wasn't sure when i was typing

Then itz not by force to comment anyway.

Time to contribute(if u av knowledge of it);

Time to be quiet( if u r CLUELESS ).

Plz learn!
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by streetsoldier1(m): 2:43pm On Apr 27, 2015
Chai !, chai !! Chai !!! @ number 9...what's the meaning of that nah
. *in PEJ's voice* dairis Godooo
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Middlefinger1: 2:44pm On Apr 27, 2015
Daniel058:
Guy di sharp inatuzi ujo to book a space?? grin
Brotherly, ima na adighi amacha ama, me Erie ban till 2095(god bless Sexkillz) grin grin
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by omooba969(m): 2:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
WOMEN should have been No. 1 on the list of reasons though. undecided
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by omooba969(m): 2:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
njays24:
God bless our men;fathers,husbands,brothers and friends.

Thanks a lot for this comment & because of this I love you more. kiss
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by xreal: 2:59pm On Apr 27, 2015
Men like to pull stunts.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by omooba969(m): 3:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
Naughtysite:
Poverty... shocked

Good point.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by 14DUI(m): 3:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
njays24:
God bless our men;fathers,husbands,brothers and friends.

God bless you too.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by 14DUI(m): 3:50pm On Apr 27, 2015
xreal:
Men like to pull stunts.

these are highway to heaven
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Valwezzy: 3:58pm On Apr 27, 2015
omooba969:

Pls wotz 'ocho okwu' ?

It's Trouble maker
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by clemz85(m): 4:14pm On Apr 27, 2015
this is fallacy,

the reason simple is:
because of old tradition and culture which navigates women marrying older men by age
difference of 5 - 10 yrs,
why will they not die before women? it all about age in most cases

my 1 penny.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Paulv(m): 4:29pm On Apr 27, 2015
i'm just here to read nd not to comment,gbam!
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by Hollysmile: 5:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
#9, shaa... I like it. That's the number 1 reason why men die earlier... Lol
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by 2kris(m): 5:32pm On Apr 27, 2015
okotv:
number 6&9 sha.

Men fight more wars than women and so the body gets worn out easily. You hardly see a soldier leave above 100. I mean one who was active in the war front not those in offices.
the do even longer than the civilians
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by clemdot: 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2015
Men also r d back bone of d family
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by okotv(m): 5:38pm On Apr 27, 2015
2kris:
I am talking about those who spent Mort of their time fighting wars not office men.
Re: The Real Reason Men Live Shorter Lives Than Women by okotv(m): 5:39pm On Apr 27, 2015
2kris:
I am talking about those who spent most of their time fighting wars not office men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Half Of Married Couples In Akwa Ibom Are HIV Positive! - AKSACA / The 10 Most Abused Drugs In Africa / 3 Myths On Pimples You Believe But Are Not True

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.