Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:25 PM

Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. (690 Views)

Barack Obama Poses With The Nigerian Delegates At The Oval Office..photos / Photos Of President Buhari With President Obama In A Meeting At The Oval Office / Handsome Obasanjo And Jimmy Carter In the Oval Office(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. by wills(m): 12:45am On Jan 27, 2009
Mr Obama proposes to invest $150bn in alternative fuel over the next 10 years, he said the US would not be held "hostage to dwindling resources, hostile regimes, and a warming planet”. He called for greater fuel efficiency and an "energy economy" aimed at creating millions of jobs for Americans.
"We (the US Government )will commit ourselves to steady, focused, pragmatic pursuit of an America that is freed from our energy dependence, and empowered by a new energy economy that puts millions of our citizens to work".
Read and read it well Nigerian government, policy makers and anyone who cares, the hand writing is on the wall, since successive government in Nigeria have only payed lip service to creating an economy for Nigeria that is diversified and not heavily reliant on oil, I guess this is a wakeup call.

If the major buyer of your product say he see a future of less dependence on not just you as a supplier, but also on the product you sell in the market, be very sure there is trouble knocking on your door, because sooner or later other buyers will follow suit, especially if your so called major buyer is successful in the venture he proposes.

The Niger Delta issue is well heard and yet not solved, I want to believe that the crude oil coming out of the Niger delta will not fall under the category of what President Obama will describe as hostile regimes,but i find that hard because not that this phrase has anything to do with the US - Nigeria relations, but with the hostility going on in the oil rich region, It’s my guess that Nigerian crude oil will fall under the category of crude oil from a hostile regimes. You won’t blame him, it’s his watch and his most important task is centred on the American people, hence the move to secure their future by the best means possible.

The Good book says “ he that has an ear let him hear” , permit me to say also, He that has brains, let him use it. Nigeria wake up and smell the coffee
Re: Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. by ikeyman00(m): 12:56am On Jan 27, 2009
i think soludo has arleady rang the bell!

hmm u ve been sleeping broda! kia
Re: Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. by SisiJinx: 12:56am On Jan 27, 2009
Black in the Oval Office??

Jeebus!!! I tell ya dramatic people are amusing!!

Anyhoo, we already discussed this topic HERE

Black in the Oval office. . . Lmao!! Oy Veh!!
Re: Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. by SisiJinx: 12:58am On Jan 27, 2009
No way!! IkeyZone and I agree?

Okay now I gotta go kill myself. cry
Re: Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. by wills(m): 1:28am On Jan 27, 2009
Yes!, Black in the oval office,,  I didn’t miss words @sisi Jinx, so go ahead laugh your whatever off and @ ikeyman00 your Ibo brother of the CBN may have rang the bell, and so what? Can’t I ring it my own way?  if you must know the current recession and the fall of the price of  oil in the world market which is also part of the trust of  Chukwuma's bell ringing to the nation, should not be in anyway be confused with the US energy policy change.

While no one even the US saw the coming of the global economic crisis coming, which got fast tracked by the credit crunch and its resultant effect on the demand for oil, but at least we in Nigeria have had over  30year to  see our own problem coming and thus diversify our economy but no!, we didn’t.  We all left the cocoa, rubber, palm oil, groundnut and the hundreds of other resources to tap itself, and then sit back, sell oil blocks to the multinational, allow them drill, and in joint hands with the NNPC, sell oil and share the proceed according to the agreed contracts, and the chunck of the Nigeria share of the loot, gets looted again in the treasury and this has been our history, yet you seat there and tell me Soludo rings the bell, what bell?,,  Why did he wait till obama got into office? Wake up young man and smell the coffee, don’t be bringing soludo all up in my face.

Peace out
Re: Black In The Oval Office, Nigeria Don’t Celebrate Just Yet. by ikeyman00(m): 1:48am On Jan 27, 2009
jinx
No way!! IkeyZone and I agree?

Okay now I gotta go kill myself.

its actually[b] ikeyjinx[/b]

deepjinx i can cuddle u anytime u cry, dnt waste your tissue paper, or shall i say your pampers babes

(1) (Reply)

Chevron Seeks $500,000 Compensation / Nigeria Expects More Looted Funds From Switzerland –yar’adua / Naija Has An Hotel In Cape Town (game!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.