Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise (21510 Views)

Job Offer As A Teacher In Federal College, Should I Take It Or Not? / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? / Should I Take This Job ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by yungcyrus(m): 10:32am On Apr 09, 2015
Kentrasso:
No don't take it
you go feed the guy??...

As an engineer start from scratch
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Mishydoo(m): 10:33am On Apr 09, 2015
First,ask urslf one question...WOULD YOU PREFER TO SIT AT HOME?...u see 40k job u dey jinger,my frnd also a graduate frm EE 2.1 uniport earns 30k and hez been der fr over 1 year...so stop whining and eat ur small cake lyk odas!wen u see smthn better den u cn proudly walk away.till den,Congratulations on ur new job

nw,may i have my share of the first salary pls grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Judelord57: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2015
am laughing in India.you will gain more from them you may not even touch you 40k or what ever.am telling you from experience.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:33am On Apr 09, 2015
Money should not be your focus for now!

Focus on gaining the most experience in the shortest possible time and use it as a springboard to greater height. Don't relent in your search for something better either. cheers

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Osyxcel(m): 10:34am On Apr 09, 2015
Bros, experience 1st. Take the job. Better than being idle & inexperienced... Afterall, you won't use all your money on t-fare.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Kentrasso(f): 10:34am On Apr 09, 2015
yungcyrus:
you go feed the guy??...

As an engineer start from scratch

I modified my post. Thank you
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Any other offer?
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by vislabraye(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:
I just got a job in a growing indian telecommunication company in VI as a Graduate Trainee Network Engineer. I am a 2-1 graduate of Elect/elect and the only experience I have is computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.

It all started after the submission of my application and I was called for an interview.

The indian interviewer made me realise that it's graduate trainee level I can be for now since I don't have a Networking Experience and that I will be on probation for 6months before appraisal and subsequent upgrade to a full staff and the monthly salary is 50k .

The story changed when I was called to the office for further briefing the following week about the offer when another Indian guy interviewed me and told me that the actual salary for trainee is 40k and asked me when I would loved to resume?

My main problem is I'm staying far and my t-fare to and fro is 16k/month.

Please guys help me review the offer. Is it worth it? God bless you as you do.

Lol....Indians no dey try sha. But people have said it.. You just need to get the experience. Just endure, after all, if its about money, teachers earn more..
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by missionmex(m): 10:35am On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:
I just got a job in a growing indian telecommunication company in VI as a Graduate Trainee Network Engineer. I am a 2-1 graduate of Elect/elect and the only experience I have is computer hardware troubleshooting and repair.

It all started after the submission of my application and I was called for an interview.

The indian interviewer made me realise that it's graduate trainee level I can be for now since I don't have a Networking Experience and that I will be on probation for 6months before appraisal and subsequent upgrade to a full staff and the monthly salary is 50k .

The story changed when I was called to the office for further briefing the following week about the offer when another Indian guy interviewed me and told me that the actual salary for trainee is 40k and asked me when I would loved to resume?

sometimes we do things to gain experience.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by vicobosi: 10:36am On Apr 09, 2015
Do it for the experience as it's what biefs your resume for a better offer. I had a friend start with star times as a marketer, they started him with 20k but now he works with Diagio earning a quarter or a million with other benefits just with the experience he got from 20k so do it for the experience...cheers
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by EngrOloye: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2015
Experience is d best teacher.forget abt money for now.go for d job
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Olutola88(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
This is the Level our Leaders have dragged us to. Imagine an Indian coming to exploit us in our own country. I'm sure that motherfucking Indian is a Nobody in his home country but now a local champion in the so-called Giant of Africa. I thought they said we got Independence in 1960; We are nothing but slaves

OP, since you can't change the situation for now, I'll advise you accept the offer if and only if

1. You really wanna build a career in that field( Don't just be jumping around)

2. You are sure the job will give you the time to honour Test and Interview invitations from reasonable coys

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by ibrokola(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
XBLadez:
It's too poor! Indians don't pay well. Why the hell would you wanna work in a company owned by an Indian? Sufferhead
Do you have a better job for him or can you give him experience in your house?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by A14: 10:38am On Apr 09, 2015
You should take it. Experience matters especially in your field. I know someone that started with 35k with these same stingy Indians but is now in one of the biggest O&G coys in Abu Dhabi.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by misspatsy(f): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Its beta u take d job 4 d purpose of experience,that will give you a leverage in your subsequent applications.Don't worry about the pay nothing comes easy in life.its very certain you will get a better offer soonwith the experience to be gathered 4rm them.Some people do voluntary jobs for free just 2 gain experience.ITS KEY!!God help you
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by p1jiobi: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Young man a bird in a hand is....... "Fill in d blank space yourself" This job can be a launch pad for better ones. At least in yor next interview job experience wld not be a challenge
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by jaybee3(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
As a fresh graduate, you need to pay less attention to the salary on offer since work experience which can’t be bought is the single most important factor that will help shape your career journey.

However, you have to pay attention to the specifics (Job description) of the job on offer.

Consider the following questions:

Is the job aligned with your career aspiration?
Will they offer you real valuable technical experience?
Are you going to be hands on or is it a marketing job?
Are they going to support your learning and development?
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Firefire(m): 10:39am On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:

Do not despise these small beginnings... your challenges does not end there, for your end will be BIG.

Some believe that if the beginning is not full of singing and dancing with whistles and bells from day one, then something is amiss. NO!

Take the offer, acquire the required experience and move higher.

I wish you well.

Shalom!
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by scachy(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:

Indians never pay well even in d most companies they own over here in UAE, de r so selfish n money conscious.
But nevertheless, this is ur life, u r d one in better position to know what is good for u,it's meaningless if we advise u to take up d job wen it can foot ur monthly bills. But because of the condition of Nigeria economy presently, I ll advise u to take up d job, atleast for now y u look for a better alternative. Half a loaf is better than none.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by muhammad23(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2015
Hmm..bro... Lemme tell you my story, I am a full fledged graduate..for over 2 years I've been earning 30k/month ...but I never lost hope and kept gathering experience on the job, but I can tell you in a matter of weeks I will be starting a job that will pay me almost x10 of what I've been earning... If I had ignore the 30k job, I wouldn't have earned the experience that qualified me for this new job...So my bro...if you understand yoruba...."Aforiti" is all that matters.... My advise...Take the job, gather the experience, build yourself on the job, pray to God...and your achievement knows no bound.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by geekybabe(f): 10:42am On Apr 09, 2015
I always say for a start, take your eyes off the money. build experience. build a network in the field. get to meet people and learn so much. Make sure you are adding value to your self against all odds. Accept the offer and start from somewhere. Just understand that you must also start planning your exit out of the place to a better place within at least 6 months.

Telecoms is a field that's really interesting and lucrative too. The money always comes.

Don't let go of that offer. Getting a job isn't that easy.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 09, 2015
If its about the money, then dont take it.
If you are sure u will gain some doppeee experience there, then please take it.

Dont be afraid to fail....
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 09, 2015
geekybabe:
I always say for a start, take your eyes off the money. build experience. build a network in the field. get to meet people and learn so much. Make sure you are adding value to your self against all odds. Accept the offer and start from somewhere. Just understand that you must also start planning your exit out of the place to a better place within at least 6 months.

Telecoms is a field that's really interesting and lucrative too. The money always comes.

Don't let go of that offer. Getting a job isn't that easy.

You cant make any serious networking in a company that pays you 40k.
Loool... na only suffer head people u ho see there.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2015
1stola:
CHAI!! angry angry angry
NIGERIAN YOUTHS ARE SUFFERING AND LEAVIN IN PENURY.
How can a 2.1 engineering graduating be offered a 40k Job while a senator with olevel is receiving 30million naira per month
WOE UNTO ALL OUR CORRUPT LEADERS.
its really sad... sad
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by hotgunz(m): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2015
Moyosoreola:
Thank you very much @ALL I really appreciate your contributions.
I am still expecting more from my great nairalanders

And sincerely speaking I got the job info fron Nairaland Job session.

I believe in u, I belief in me ,I belief in God.
guy bcareful when workin wit those Indians cos I once did, I also study elect and ds same advice was wat I was told go gather experience, I thank God I did get d experience bt it wasn't easy, why because d indian knew ds tactics s wat Nigerian re doin so d limit us to elementary work bt the really programin re been don by dere expertise.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 09, 2015
SaiBuharii:
Depends on your qualifation and what you believe you are worth. To me..it's a no.
Any better offer from you undecided
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Unibentested(m): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Take the job, add the job to ur cv, if possible add the job description too and start applying else were with dat experience from day one...don't dull...previous job was 70K and I used the experience to land a 700k job currently
doctorken:
Sir,as a fresh graduate,your focus should not be on the money you will be paid but on the experience you will get.Indians don't pay well in Nigeria cos they have the belief that they will always have Nigerians begging to work with them no matter the pay.But the advantage of working with them is that you will know the stuff very well cos they can't stand a lazy guy or someone not smart enough.Why not work with them for at list 6months,once you get the experience and they refuse 2 pay u a good sum then you look for other options.
Note b4:While working as a Network Engineer, endeavour to write your networking exams(CCNA,CCNP)...Cheers

1 Like

Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Hempe(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Pls take the offer....look beyond the money nw
In the near future, ur xperience will earn you more. cool
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by cleric(m): 10:49am On Apr 09, 2015
Unibentested:
Take the job, add the job to ur cv, if possible add the job description too and start applying else were with dat experience from day one...don't dull...previous job was 70K and I used the experience to land a 700k job currently
u read my mind.
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Apr 09, 2015
Working hours?

Monday - Saturday?

Any off day?
Re: Should I Take This Job Offer? Pls I Need Your Advise by Venom104: 10:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Your own even better.. 2.1 Bsc and distinction in MSc Architecture.. but i dey earn 20k.. E go better sha.. we all have to start from somewhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Insurance Companies Don't Pay Salary to Marketers? / NIS 2015:CHECK THE LIST OF SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS-3/4/15, DOWNLOAD PAST Q&A / 4 Reasons Why You Are Unemployed Despite Your Constant Application Trials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.