Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms (23623 Views)

Top 10 Richest Lawyers In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository Nigeria / 13 Hidden Secrets Lawyers Won’t Tell Their Client / Why Do Lawyers Wear The Wig And Gown? Here Is Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by georgedapo: 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
Amodsun:
For goodness sake we can be likened to many things but not condom. Those were my exact thought when I came across a discussion on why lawyers are like condoms on Rollonfriday.com.

I quickly read through the discussion and couldn't help but agree with some of the reasons that were adduced on why lawyers could be likened to a condom. Out of the many reasons given, I decided to share these four points I personally believe to be true. So here they are:

1.People get to use both lawyers and condoms because they have to, not that they want to

If given an option, most folks would rather not use both lawyers and condoms. So it now becomes a question of them being left with no other option than to use them; because if they don’t, they would be screwed.

2.Both lawyers and condoms are only used at critical moments

We don’t get to use them every now and then. We only remember them when we find ourselves under certain critical situations. When everything is going on well we don’t remember them; but at those key moments, we quickly reach out for them.

3.When the deal is done, both lawyers and condoms are cast off in disgust

This particular point flows from the above mentioned points. If both lawyers and condoms are only used because people don’t have an option than to use them, and their usage is only needed under critical moments, it becomes predictable that once they have been used, they will be discarded; most times with disgust. More like- “The deal is done; I have no further need of you”.

4.When lawyers and condoms are neglected, the consequences are grave.

Neglect a lawyer and you are most likely going to get yourself into a lot of trouble. Folks have lost great fortune, been cheated, duped, suffered great injustice because they never got a lawyer involved. In the same manner, unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, broken marriages are some of the consequences of neglecting the use of condoms.

As much as comparing lawyers with condoms might not be the cutest thing to do, but hey, you can’t help but to also agree with me that we share some similarities. Let’s hear your opinion on this, and probably other ways we share similarities with condoms.....#Legooo grin
shitty post how do you even get to ftc
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by DrObum(m): 12:31pm On Jul 13, 2015
How did this get to fp please
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Brugo(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
kennygee:
Condoms?

Five years in school (6years if strike no let u), a year in law school and a year of NYSC.

And you get likened to a condom?

Hehehehe but the OP has a point... There are similarities. grin
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by jerflakes(m): 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
NaLaugh:

You automatically win a N10 recharge card to any network of your choice.

NaLaugh, This one no be laugh again.

But look on the bright side,

@N10 per round: 10 rounds = N100.

So, to make N1m, I need 100k rounds.

No be small thing o.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by austentero: 12:32pm On Jul 13, 2015
Makes no meaning.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
I agree with some of the points but not all. Funny enough I still wrote about that number two in my last diary update. People might not like lawyers but when they get into trouble they then appreciate the lawyers.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Whatever that means
Brugo:
Where is my crush FirstEVA? Check this out.
i read it and ignored cos it doesnt make much sense. u dont use and dump a lawyer because his/her services would be needed some other time. but a condom that has been used cannot be re used.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Graccccccccy(f): 12:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
Issokay
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Pope22(m): 12:36pm On Jul 13, 2015
Amodsun:
For goodness sake we can be likened to many things but not condom. Those were my exact thought when I came across a discussion on why lawyers are like condoms on Rollonfriday.com.

I quickly read through the discussion and couldn't help but agree with some of the reasons that were adduced on why lawyers could be likened to a condom. Out of the many reasons given, I decided to share these four points I personally believe to be true. So here they are:

1.People get to use both lawyers and condoms because they have to, not that they want to

If given an option, most folks would rather not use both lawyers and condoms. So it now becomes a question of them being left with no other option than to use them; because if they don’t, they would be screwed.

2.Both lawyers and condoms are only used at critical moments

We don’t get to use them every now and then. We only remember them when we find ourselves under certain critical situations. When everything is going on well we don’t remember them; but at those key moments, we quickly reach out for them.

3.When the deal is done, both lawyers and condoms are cast off in disgust

This particular point flows from the above mentioned points. If both lawyers and condoms are only used because people don’t have an option than to use them, and their usage is only needed under critical moments, it becomes predictable that once they have been used, they will be discarded; most times with disgust. More like- “The deal is done; I have no further need of you”.

4.When lawyers and condoms are neglected, the consequences are grave.

Neglect a lawyer and you are most likely going to get yourself into a lot of trouble. Folks have lost great fortune, been cheated, duped, suffered great injustice because they never got a lawyer involved. In the same manner, unwanted pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, broken marriages are some of the consequences of neglecting the use of condoms.

As much as comparing lawyers with condoms might not be the cutest thing to do, but hey, you can’t help but to also agree with me that we share some similarities. Let’s hear your opinion on this, and probably other ways we share similarities with condoms.....#Legooo grin
I don't really agree with some of ur points. Can you tell me one thing you use when you don't have use or need for it? So, don't say you use condom or lawyer because you have no other option but to use them because you use virtually everything you use because you have no other option and because you have use or need to use them. When you are sick, you take drugs cus u have no other option but to take drugs to be fine, when you want to bath, u use water cus there is nothing elseu would use apart from water, when you are hungry, u eat food cus u have no other option but to eat food. So you use almost everything you use cus you have no other option but to use them not just only condom or lawyers.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:38pm On Jul 13, 2015
Mtcheww, rubbish

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Amodsun(m): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2015
havyou854:
same thing with my profession
are you a policeman?
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by martolux(m): 12:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
wao....like condom in a perverse society... well, I leave the arithmetics of the number of condoms used per day to my NL math guru...it is not how long but how often. a prolific lawyer can be easily identified by d no of cases handled and won.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Amodsun(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
georgedapo:
shitty post how do you even get to ftc
Hmm..wats dis one saying?..how did I get to ftc?? or u meant Frontpage?
unbelievable,someone still can't decipher d difference btw ftc nd Frontpage..d angels in nairaland are weeping for you grin
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by iPopAlomo(m): 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2015
kennygee:
Condoms?

Five years in school (6years if strike no let u), a year in law school and a year of NYSC.

And you get likened to a condom?

I've got no pity for lawyers... I'm sorry... but the fact that the OP used condoms is better... I would have used something far awful than condoms... more like manure... for example...

1. not everyone likes to take a dump... if one had a choice he/she wouldn't take a dump... (You know where this is going... right...?)
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
Lawyers, cast off in disgust? Far from it please - I beg to disagree with that point, a lawyer's worth is more than that or do you mean the 'charge and bail' lawyers?

Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by tervishi(m): 1:01pm On Jul 13, 2015
are you a law student in nigeria, add me up on 08093451795 to join the LAWSAN whatsapp group chat
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by NaLaugh: 1:02pm On Jul 13, 2015
jerflakes:

NaLaugh, This one no be laugh again.

But look on the bright side,

@N10 per round: 10 rounds = N100.

So, to make N1m, I need 100k rounds.

No be small thing o.

What are you waiting for?

27.4 rounds every day will require a commitment of only 10 years straight.

Do a few waist exercises, and get to work cheesy
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by iPopAlomo(m): 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2015
Pope22:

I don't really agree with some of ur points. Can you tell me one thing you use when you don't have use or need for it? So, don't say you use condom or lawyer because you have no other option but to use them because you use virtually everything you use because you have no other option and because you have use or need to use them. When you are sick, you take drugs cus u have no other option but to take drugs to be fine, when you want to bath, u use water cus there is nothing elseu would use apart from water, when you are hungry, u eat food cus u have no other option but to eat food. So you use almost everything you use cus you have no other option but to use them not just only condom or lawyers.

There are some things you use... You keep them as a souvenir.... I still have a box (the casing of a perfume) my sister's husband got for me 5 years ago from the uk... the box itself is useless... but have have I thrown it away...? NO...

I've got two unused condoms in my wallet... when I use them do I keep it...?!

I've got no love for lawyers... none whatsoever...
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Brugo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
firstEVA:
i read it and ignored cos it doesnt make much sense. u dont use and dump a lawyer because his/her services would be needed some other time. but a condom that has been used cannot be re used.

grin that's my crush. How you dey?
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2015
Brugo:

grin that's my crush. How you dey?
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by MightySparrow: 1:23pm On Jul 13, 2015
Since April 09. We do not need this thread either OP Barrister at Lie
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by 2scorehigh(m): 1:34pm On Jul 13, 2015
but oga Amodsun, please don't be offended o but I say make I ask you this: do you normally cast away your condoms with disgust after the deed is done? wink cheesy
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Amodsun(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2015
2scorehigh:
but oga Amodsun, please don't be offended o but I say make I ask you this: do you normally cast away your condoms with disgust after the deed is done? wink cheesy
before....shud I start caressing d used condom??
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by edwinkube(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2015
Very soon, u wil cómpare their wig with d hat of a palm wine tapper... Smh
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Amodsun(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2015
Tobetoe:
5. Both Can burst during a rough goinq action.
.. undecided undecided
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Jdesilentkiller(m): 2:00pm On Jul 13, 2015
They are all slippery sonofabit.ches, no offence. If the devil have a profession, he is definitely a lawyer. Many similarities.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Spells(m): 2:41pm On Jul 13, 2015
Op...point of corruption, sorry correction i mean, liars not lawyers...
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by fejicruz(m): 3:21pm On Jul 13, 2015
If the the person who posted this trash knows what it takes to become a lawyer, he won't dare compare the noble legal profession to that thing.
I'm proud to be a lawyer.
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Kcinho(m): 3:33pm On Jul 13, 2015
Like condoms they easily available. Some cheap, others expensive. Some are free too just like free condoms too. So many similarities. #Nodisrespecttothescribes
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by banme(m): 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2015
hw did this make f.p... D mods must b high
Re: Four Reasons Why Lawyers Are Like Condoms by Brytawon(m): 5:57pm On Jul 13, 2015
As brilliant as it must be kicking a ball about with Neymar, Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez in training, there comes a time in every man's life when you've just got to branch out on your own. Get some minutes on the pitch.
Barcelona striker Pedro, 27, has surely got a decent Premier League season or three in him? That's reportedly what Chelsea reckon anyway - they're said to have already put an offer in.
Pedro, who's available for a cool 30 million euros (£21m) after Barca reduced his buyout clause down from 150 million euros (£105m), says "there are offers" for him, but he hasn't said who from, and he hasn't yet said he plans to leave...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Doctor Returns N2.1m Mistakenly Paid Into Her Account (Photos) / Pilot Janet Bunor Steps Out In Thigh-Revealing Outfit In New Stunning Photos / What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.