Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,749 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll (57553 Views)

Nuhu Ribadu, Hamid Ali Tipped To Replace Magu At EFCC / Nuhu Ribadu Formally Returns To APC / Adamawa - Nuhu Ribadu [PDP], Concedes Defeat, Releases Concession Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by bettercreature(m): 5:38am On Apr 09, 2015
Nuhu Ribadu’s chances of winning the Adamawa governorship election was left in tatters today, following the desertion of his Peoples Democratic Party by party bigwigs to the All Progressives Congress.

Leading the defectors was former Deputy Senate Majority Leader, Jonathan Zwingina. Othes were a former Minister of External Affairs, Idi Hong, and two serving Senators, Bello Tukur and Ahmed Barata, as well as Sadiq Haske.

They announced their defection at a press conference in Yola today.

Zwingina, who spoke on behalf of the defectors, said they decided to pitch their tent with the APC to support the party’s governorship candidate, Bindow Jibrilla.

“We are positive of the change going on now in the country; we believe in the candidacy of Bindow,” he said.

Zwingina and Hong lost in their bid to represent Adamawa Central and Southern district in the National Assembly elections held on March 28.

Earlier in the day they met with the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, who was in Yola to campaign for the APC.http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/04/09/nuhu-ribadu-dumped-2-days-to-polls/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Ezedon(m): 5:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Nigeria politicians jumping from frying pan to fire since 1960

152 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by GboyegaD(m): 5:45am On Apr 09, 2015
It should be a learning point for him that the grass only looks greener on the other side. I wish him whatever he wishes himself though.

22 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by DahtzFestjayz: 5:48am On Apr 09, 2015
Carpet Crossing

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by PassingShot(m): 5:48am On Apr 09, 2015
"Parade has changed gear" for Nuhu Ribadu too.

I dey laugh oooo grin grin grin

Mind you, I do not support all this nonsense decamping. Something must be done to regulate it.

For instance, the National Assembly can pass a law to say that:

1. No defection from one party to another one within one year to an election

2. No defection to/from any party within one year after election

3. No politician may defect at all if he/she has not spent at least three years in his/her current party.

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by bunmioguns(m): 5:55am On Apr 09, 2015
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Chanchit: 5:55am On Apr 09, 2015
Some people have no pride, mark my words this people would still return to PDP or start their own parties when APC starts treating them like outsiders.

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by fitzmayowa: 6:00am On Apr 09, 2015
Chanchit:
Some people have no pride, mark my words this people would still return to PDP or start their own parties when APC starts treating them like outsiders.

GBAM!!!

We have a whole lot of politician with no ideology whatsoever, they are just interested in the party that is "reigning" at the moment...SMH

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by cyril83(m): 6:02am On Apr 09, 2015
I forsee one party system in Nigeria.

The likes of Gej, david mark, fani kayode, sule lamido and babangida aliyu can not put up a fight against the governing party as an opposition.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nutase: 6:03am On Apr 09, 2015
angry
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by bettercreature(m): 6:06am On Apr 09, 2015
Pdp survival depends on Lagos ,GMB can not afford to allow PDP to win Lagos it's going to be a disaster,and PDP is going to be the most brutal opposition ever,but if they loose Lagos,they will be dead and buried

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by omenka(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2015
Ribadu still has my respect any day any time. You don't see a Nigerian honest and dedicated to his duties enough to reject a $15million bribe everyday.

Good man he is.
Hope Buhari can find a spot for him.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by fromnigeria(m): 6:13am On Apr 09, 2015
This is seriously not good for our politics and democracy.
A law should be enacted to restrict or even ameliorate this non sense

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by disloman(m): 6:17am On Apr 09, 2015
fromnigeria:
This is seriously not good for our politics and democracy.
A law should be enacted to restrict or even ameliorate this non sense
SECONDED

16 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Jorussia(m): 6:21am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:
Ribadu still has my respect any day any time. You don't see a Nigerian honest and dedicated to his duties enough to reject a $15million bribe everyday.

Good man he is.
Find a spot for a PDP MAN?Ribadu should suffer the consequences of his POLITICAL LONGER THROAT.RIBADU,is as deceitful, and greedy as every other politician in Nigeria.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by blackjack21(m): 6:25am On Apr 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Mind you, I do not support all this nonsense decamping. Something must be done to regulate it.

whta! He can't blame them after all he decamped for his selfish self too.

Finito

06:25:21
Thu, Apr 9, 2015

13 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Freelancer00(m): 6:29am On Apr 09, 2015
Mr Nuhu Ribadu, How market? The grass isn't always greener on the other side. But our politicians need to learn from Jagaban. Power is also in the hands of the opposition

18 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Pataki: 6:33am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:

Good man he is.

Every politician has a price. Even Ribadu has a price. Unfortunately Ribadu talks more than his mouth should let him do. Ribadu has a price. Over and over again, his price has been found out.

I hope never again would he find relevance in our national history. Rubbish.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 09, 2015
Serves him right,afterall he's a defector too..

Everyone is only after his selfish interest.

4 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by sunkoye: 6:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Nuhu missed it as soon as he decamped to the side he was investigating for maladministration.

All about selfish interest undecided

19 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Wendyslim(f): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by focus7: 6:52am On Apr 09, 2015
Ezedon:
Nigeria politicians jumping from frying pan to fire since 1960
I can see you are finding it hard to align with the reality of change that has come to stay in Nigeria. Let make it clear to you, the gradual extinction of the party called pdp has began, it will degenerate into a regional party of the igbos which all know from history do not have the capacity to sustain any party, apga is case study. From the hand of the igbos pdp will disappear into the oblivions, a new party will emerge from the north that will give a strong opposition to the larger than expected APC, though the new opposition party will be strong it will still not be a match to the ruling APC for a long time to come.

12 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by frankyychiji(f): 7:02am On Apr 09, 2015
PassingShot:

Only the fickle minded speak from both sides of the mouth.Let your yes be yes and your no...

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by ziccoit: 7:09am On Apr 09, 2015
IMO, Ribadu cross carpet to PDP was a political miscalculation. He should have stayed with APC. Now what remain of his integrity and his political image have been eroded by joining killer party. How Ribadu could align with PDP beat every sound reasoning. He may as well go back to APC and start from scratch once again.

8 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by hijacke(m): 7:11am On Apr 09, 2015
Ok
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:15am On Apr 09, 2015
omenka:

Good man he is.
Jez because say na u dats why I click "like" oo! cool
Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 09, 2015
The rate of defection is worrisome..I think all this people are trying to avoid prosecution..This is really not good for our fragile democracy..

3 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by lovat(m): 7:30am On Apr 09, 2015
I still belive Ribadu will win this election because in Adamawa he is their number one candidate

5 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by barbstee(m): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
Ribadu is a Learner!

3 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu Dumped 2 Days To Poll by lovat(m): 7:31am On Apr 09, 2015
All these defectors are political light weights, I just came back from Adamawa and I can tell you that Ribadu has a large following from the masses, he will win the election fair and square

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures of Gov Fayose At A Palm Wine Joint Omisanjana, Ado Ekiti Today / Atiku, Jonathan, Saraki, Uche Secondus Dance On Stage As Davido Sings (Pics) / Governor Ganduje Laughs, Emir Sanusi Frowns: Video Of The 2 Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.