Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,015 members, 7,799,467 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

NYSC Gives Full Information To Corpers On Election Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Gives Full Information To Corpers On Election Allowance (1421 Views)

NYSC Gives Conditions For Payment Of Allowances / Male Corper Carries Two Female Corpers On Both Hands At The Same Time (photo) / NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

NYSC Gives Full Information To Corpers On Election Allowance by darlous(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2015
A friend of mine who stays in abuja sent this to me yesterday.

A press statement has been issued by the NYSC and here it is.

NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE CORPS
National Directorate Headquarters
Yakubu Gowon House
Maitama – Abuja

PRESS RELEASE

1. The attention of the NYSC Management has been drawn to an online publication misinforming Corps members that the allowance due to them for participation in the 2015 General Elections is N53,500.00. The originator of the false publication is also mobilizing them to shun the next election on 11 April unless this total sum is fully paid.

2. Our preliminary investigation has so far indicated that this publication did not emanate from our Corps members and it is a mischievous circulation by some unscrupulous elements to discourage Corps members from participating in the next election for whatever reasons best known to them.

3. To correct the misinformation, Management hereby wishes to put the record straight for public awareness and restate to Corps members in clear terms their true entitlement for the elections. The allowances for each Corps member is as follows:

(a) Training allowance of Four Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N4,500.00) only paid directly by INEC to Corps members for the training held before elections.

(b) For each of the two elections, a Corps member is entitled to a sum of Thirteen Thousand Naira (N13,000.00) only which breaks down to N9,000.00, N3,000.00 and N1,000.00 for honoraria, transportation and feeding respectively. This implies that for the two elections, the total allowance due to each Corps member is Twenty Six Thousand Naira (N26,000.00) only. The fund for these was approved by INEC and remitted directly into each of the NYSC state Secretariat’s account a week before the Presidential and National Assembly Elections.

3. Management has confirmed that the amount of N13,000.00 for the Presidential and National Assembly Elections has been paid and any Corps member who could not receive the payment latest 6pm on Tuesday 7 April should make a complaint through the nec
Re: NYSC Gives Full Information To Corpers On Election Allowance by kayboy4y(m): 7:21am On Apr 09, 2015
H

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I need a Transport fleet/logistic job / Help, I Can't Login to my NYSC dashboard / Rape: Court Turns Down Request For Ex-nysc Member To Strip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.