Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG (61116 Views)

Lion Attacks A Lady Tourist In Zimbabwe Who Posed For Pictures(pics) / Nigerians In Cameroon Deported In Cattle Trucks (Photo) / Lion Attacks & Kills An Antelope While Tourists Watch From Their Cars (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by kuuljay(m): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2015
na waoo! how did we get to this point of hate.i can't believe the kind of comments am reading here,why do we hate ourselves so much,why do we place tribe above every other thing,out there we are seen as nigerians but back home we see ourselves as tribal enemies.what baffles me more is that it's the elders who saw the wave of blood shed to keep this great nation together that are still fanning the embers if hate while the youth spreads it like wild fire...soo much hate.its a pity

3 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by dayodare49o: 7:27am On Apr 10, 2015
agarawu23:
drug Lord FG can't save you guys over there . except from students and business ppl over there, most Nigerians in SA are criminals , I have been there and I know wats happening.

no good jobs there for hustlers so better come back home because Nigeria will be different with BUHARI but that doesn't mean you will start plucking money on the tree o
They should come and be trained by boloari and go back to southafrica to kill Zuma.
Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Nobody: 9:12am On Apr 10, 2015
dayodare49o:
They should come and be trained by boloari and go back to southafrica to kill Zuma.

Goodluck to them, South Africans don't talk much the do much!
Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by lovat(m): 9:58am On Apr 10, 2015
[quote author=chibecan post=32527772][/quote] I stayed in SA for 4yrs and I can tell you that a lot of yoruba guys who couldn't cope in London are there trying to eke out a living. South Africans are lazy and blame everyone but themselves, that's why apartheid lasted for years because they were lazy to stand up and fight it.

Try to come out from that abbatoir in oko oba agega and do something meaningful with your life and stop claiming Lagos where your father don't even have property or a roof over his head.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by vandalZA(m): 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2015
lovat:
I stayed in SA for 4yrs and I can tell you that a lot of yoruba guys who couldn't cope in London are there trying to eke out a living. South Africans are lazy and blame everyone but themselves, that's why apartheid lasted for years because they were lazy to stand up and fight it.

Try to come out from that abbatoir in oko oba agega and do something meaningful with your life and stop claiming Lagos where your father don't even have property or a roof over his head.
uhlanya kamnandi you should give me your direction so that I will visit you show you what lazy IS!
Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by dayodare49o: 3:13pm On Apr 10, 2015
BluIvy:

Goodluck to them, South Africans don't talk much the do much!
Of cause you are right. What do they know than to talk little good and do more evil. Can life offer them that that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 2:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
BluIvy:

3. There are no jobs in SA, some get into crime out of desperation.
It is stretching our security forces capabilities to the extreme.
We do not use army so the police force is it.
Adding to security and crime issues. We budgeted security for own criminals now we have extra acquired criminals
Our justice systemis not capping, so is our justice prison system.
Police budgeted focus used to be :
1 Police /56 People ( this was still a trech
But Now at 1 Police to 389 People ( too much of strech
Opens SA ECONOMY to insecurity, ISSIS recruiting from SA ( Rumoured). Becouse of security force neglect of local issues.
Etc!

And the resolution to this is killing and looting peoples property.

How civilized?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2015
BluIvy:

Burden to economy =
1. They run petty businesses, not paying tax but sending money to their homes

Jealousy!

BluIvy:

2. Health care is free - who pause for it? SA tax payers
3. Free education - who pays SA tax payers

RIght 49 million vs 6 million is a substantial enough ratio to justify xenophobia, Why not just bar them from school and hospitals?

BluIvy:

4. Infrustratural, Road, Water, Sanitation Rates - ?

Not worth a response.

BluIvy:

5. Environmental pollution/ lettering by these on street business- who pays for cleaning, garbage collection?
90% Of SA economic and political immigrantsare into micro/small business, other criminal activities and menial jobs = Not Applicable to Pay Tax
In their business they flood SA with exports, Chinese, Fake products, = No additions to SA economy but threat to local producers and manufacturers. = Loss of jobs, high inflation. Who wants that?
Most don't have banks so money kept privately = No REINVESTMENT

Again a silly justification for burning people and killing them but then again you guys are an angry lot so that's how you have been trained to react like animals. Your illiterate backward kings make statements and people die.

Shame!

[I]http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/12/i-was-crying-inside-the-container-while-i-was-burning-xenophobia-victim

On Friday night the 22-year-old became the latest victim of a spate of xenophobic attacks that has engulfed Durban.

Marcus died at Prince Mshiyeni Memorial Hospital in Umlazi at 8pm on Friday night with third-degree burns.

His brother Alex, 24, was also burnt when a mob locked them inside the container in which they had set up their shop and torched it.

His brother sustained burn wounds on his head, left arm and both legs.

Speaking from his hospital bed yesterday - unaware that his brother had died - Alex recounted how they were trapped inside the burning container for an hour.

It was only after Point Sindane, 67, the owner of the property on which their shop stood, in Umlazi's W section, managed to open the door with a crowbar that they were able to get out. Sindane used a hosepipe to extinguish the flames eating away at their bodies.

"My body is still burning," said Alex yesterday. "I was crying inside the container while I was burning. We were locked inside for almost an hour."

He said his brother had joined him only four months ago to help him run the spaza shop. Their goods, worth more than R20000, were burned to ashes inside the container.

"It's painful what they are doing to us. We are all Africans. My brother and I were just working - why kill us?" said Alex.

Despite the attack he is determined to remain in South Africa.

xeno 1.JPG

The brothers' story is similar to that of thousands of other foreigners - from Malawi, Ethiopia, Somalia, Mozambique, the DRC and Tanzania- who have been driven from their communities since the attacks started in Isipingo, south of Durban, three weeks ago.

The displaced families are living in transit camps at Isipingo Beach and in Chatsworth.

The attacks on foreigners have been linked to King Goodwill Zwelithini, who, in Pongola on March 20, urged the government to expel them.

This week hundreds of foreigners fled their homes in Chatsworth and Sydenham after coming under attack. Their properties were ransacked and looted on Tuesday night, and dozens of people were injured in Umlazi on Thursday night.

On Friday, there were attacks in the Unit 11 informal settlement in Chatsworth and in Umlazi resulting in dozens of families taking refuge at the local police station.

They were taken to a local football ground, where a temporary camp and marquees were erected to accommodate them.

SA Human Rights Commission spokesman Isaac Mangena said the alleged utterances of the king, and the comments last week by President Jacob Zuma's son, Edward, were being investigated.

The president's son reportedly told News24.com: "We need to be aware that, as a country, we are sitting on a ticking time bomb of them [foreigners] taking over the country. We can't rule out the possibility of a coup in the future."

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
BluIvy:

3. There are no jobs in SA, some get into crime out of desperation.
It is stretching our security forces capabilities to the extreme.
We do not use army so the police force is it.
Adding to security and crime issues. We budgeted security for own criminals now we have extra acquired criminals
Our justice systemis not capping, so is our justice prison system.
Police budgeted focus used to be :
1 Police /56 People ( this was still a trech
But Now at 1 Police to 389 People ( too much of strech
Opens SA ECONOMY to insecurity, ISSIS recruiting from SA ( Rumoured). Becouse of security force neglect of local issues.
Etc!

These are your true issues below. Take note the world is beginning to see your true "rainbow" colors.

PRE 1994....WE are suffering because of APATHEID, . APATHEID MUST GO!

POST 1994....We are suffering because the WHites have all the economic power and wealth. WHITE PRIVILEGE MUST GO!

POST BEE....We are suffering because the tenderpreneurs and government are corrupt. ZUMA MUST GO!

POST 2008 Foreigners migrating into the country.... We suffering because we cant figure out how these foreigners are making money and we aren't. THE FOREIGNERS MUST GO!

POST 2014...We are still suffering..BEcause.......

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by MduZA: 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
morpheus24:

Jealousy!

RIght 49 million vs 6 million is a substantial enough ratio to justify xenophobia, Why not just bar them from school and hospitals?

Not worth a response.

Again a silly justification for burning people and killing them but then again you guys are an angry lot so that's how you have been trained to react like animals. Your illiterate backward kings make statements and people die.

Shame!

[I]http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2015/04/12/i-was-crying-inside-the-container-while-i-was-burning-xenophobia-victim

On Friday night the 22-year-old became the latest victim of a spate of xenophobic attacks that has engulfed Durban.

Marcus died at Prince Mshiyeni Memorial Hospital in Umlazi at 8pm on Friday night with third-degree burns.

His brother Alex, 24, was also burnt when a mob locked them inside the container in which they had set up their shop and torched it.

His brother sustained burn wounds on his head, left arm and both legs.

Speaking from his hospital bed yesterday - unaware that his brother had died - Alex recounted how they were trapped inside the burning container for an hour.

It was only after Point Sindane, 67, the owner of the property on which their shop stood, in Umlazi's W section, managed to open the door with a crowbar that they were able to get out. Sindane used a hosepipe to extinguish the flames eating away at their bodies.

"My body is still burning," said Alex yesterday. "I was crying inside the container while I was burning. We were locked inside for almost an hour."

He said his brother had joined him only four months ago to help him run the spaza shop. Their goods, worth more than R20000, were burned to ashes inside the container.

"It's painful what they are doing to us. We are all Africans. My brother and I were just working - why kill us?" said Alex.

Despite the attack he is determined to remain in South Africa.

xeno 1.JPG

The brothers' story is similar to that of thousands of other foreigners - from Malawi, Ethiopia, Somalia, Mozambique, the DRC and Tanzania- who have been driven from their communities since the attacks started in Isipingo, south of Durban, three weeks ago.

The displaced families are living in transit camps at Isipingo Beach and in Chatsworth.

The attacks on foreigners have been linked to King Goodwill Zwelithini, who, in Pongola on March 20, urged the government to expel them.

This week hundreds of foreigners fled their homes in Chatsworth and Sydenham after coming under attack. Their properties were ransacked and looted on Tuesday night, and dozens of people were injured in Umlazi on Thursday night.

On Friday, there were attacks in the Unit 11 informal settlement in Chatsworth and in Umlazi resulting in dozens of families taking refuge at the local police station.

They were taken to a local football ground, where a temporary camp and marquees were erected to accommodate them.

SA Human Rights Commission spokesman Isaac Mangena said the alleged utterances of the king, and the comments last week by President Jacob Zuma's son, Edward, were being investigated.

The president's son reportedly told News24.com: "We need to be aware that, as a country, we are sitting on a ticking time bomb of them [foreigners] taking over the country. We can't rule out the possibility of a coup in the future."

generally there is no xenophobic attacks in south Africa,,infact there are few incidents ofwhich people like you are making unnecessary exaggeration...majority of south Africans are against such acts that's why millions and millions of these immigrants are not affected...

1 Like

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 4:31pm On Apr 13, 2015
MduZA:

generally there is no xenophobic attacks in south Africa,,infact there are few incidents ofwhich people like you are making unnecessary exaggeration...majority of south Africans are against such acts that's why millions and millions of these immigrants are not affected...

Like your ANC masters, you are still in denial of the growing threat of attacks on "black" foreign nationals.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNlD1u9ph8[/flash]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Unemadu: 4:36pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ayus34:

if u don't add any value ti the economy of urs host,then come back home instead of constituting nuisance and being a burden to the host country. ....a lot blacks leave their countries looking for quickest means to make money and later engage in illicit dealings and giving their respective countries a bad name....if u complain south African are killing u and u can't go to another country,are u also saying ur country of birth is killing you
oga not by force to travel out majority of my family resides abroad and and they 've not complain of molestation because they engaged themselves in meaningful things in other not to endangered themselves. ....if u want to die in another man's country, then goodluck to you......don't come here and cry like a baby!
You have no point my friend. These foreigners are attacked in their shops so its not because they are not adding value. The lazy indegenes are just xenophobic.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Ayus34(m): 4:40pm On Apr 13, 2015
Unemadu:

You have no point my friend. These foreigners are attacked in their shops so its not because they are not adding value. The lazy indegenes are just xenophobic.
ur opinion is useless in another man's land! !!

1 Like

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 4:46pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ayus34:

yes we know because your relatives ran to another man's land to snatch citizenship and are sending you pounds to spend in lagos so you can comfortable talk gibberish from your "face me I face" you flat in oshodi

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Ayus34(m): 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2015
morpheus24:

yes we know because your relatives ran to another man's land to snatch citizenship and are sending you pounds to spend in lagos so you can comfortable talk gibberish from your "face me I face" you flat in oshodi
oponu sowe nu! !!

1 Like

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ayus34:

oponu sowe nu! !!

Kachi buruku'banka

9 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by MduZA: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2015
morpheus24:

Like your ANC masters, you are still in denial of the growing threat of attacks on "black" foreign nationals.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pNlD1u9ph8[/flash]

oh I see....you are one of the angry people that we always see on this forum...you can't even comprehend a simple genuine comment because you have already made your own ignorant conclusion....
Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
MduZA:

oh I see....you are one of the angry people that we always see on this forum...you can't even comprehend a simple genuine comment because you have already made your own ignorant conclusion....

Stop the distractions and stop focusing on my anger. Focus on the anger and jealousy by your comrades that is trying to be deflected here.

No apologist, we need people who will face up to facts.

7 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by V0lv0(f): 7:17pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ayus34:

You are a dumbass. So because one is in another man's land they must just sir back and fold their arms and watch people get murdered. Smh

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by V0lv0(f): 7:23pm On Apr 13, 2015
MduZA:

Am sorry to say this but this is far from the truth. South Africans generally do not like foreigners from the educated to the uneducated. It's not an exaggeration it's the truth. The only foreign country that is exempted from your hate is Botswana and maybe Lesotho

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Unemadu: 8:56pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ayus34:

I guess all ur people are in ur land then. Stop hatered it does u no good.

6 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 8:57pm On Apr 13, 2015
V0lv0:
Am sorry to say this but this is far from the truth. South Africans generally do not like foreigners from the educated to the uneducated. It's not an exaggeration it's the truth. The only foreign country that is exempted from your hate is Botswana and maybe Lesotho
All of sudden they are all quiet, no saffer on nairaland for or against the attacks.

Dirty laundry aired, image of the Rainbow nation being smeared. They can't take it.

***Shame*** in South African accent.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by paniki(m): 9:33pm On Apr 13, 2015
Anyone who goes through morpheus24 past posts will see that the dude is obsessed with South Africa.

4 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by IGBOSON1: 9:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
morpheus24:

You want me to stoop down to your St.upidity and ignorant monkey brain.

Again how do you reconcile the attacks on foreigners in South Africa with your glaring bigotry of one ethnic group in Nigeria. Your mental illness is so chronic that you cannot recognize other nationalities in the video who are being attacked. All you see is IBOS..IBOS.....IBOS..... everywhere.

They say obsession is the precursor to madness, you my friend are close to the edge

^^^Morpheus Bros, try not to argue with our own local versions of the 'daft pea-brained South African xenophobe'.......they'll only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience! grin grin grin

Notice how they're acting true to type....getting a bone'r at the mere thought of Igbos being targeted in South Africa! wink

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2015
paniki:
Anyone who goes through morpheus24 past posts will see that the dude is obsessed with South Africa.

Deflection! Projecting! Distractions!.

This is not about Morpheus24 but somehow you want to make it about me. Hmmmmm

5 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 10:19pm On Apr 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Morpheus Bros, try not to argue with our own local versions of the 'daft pea-brained South African xenophobe'.......they'll only drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience! grin grin grin
Notice how they're acting true to type....getting a bone'r at the mere thought of Igbos being targeted in South Africa! wink

I no dey argue bros, na information I dey spread.

4 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by grandstar(m): 10:45pm On Apr 13, 2015
South Africa has many problems and they are either partially or the full root cause of the problem.

1. The country has a very high unemployment.

The country has a rigid labor market which has led to very high unemployment especially amongst unskilled workers. Unemployment in South Africa is over 40%.

The lack of jobs can be particularly tough for foreigners who came there thinking the streets were paved with gold. With no jobs available, many have turned to crime. It was probably their only means of survival.

Also the lack of jobs has made many South African angry.

2. High Crime Rate

The South African government has refused to take on crime as seriously as it should.

Before the end of apartheid, a lot of criminality was hidden behind the apartheid struggle just like militants hide behind marginalisation to commit all kinds of atrocities.

Without the cover of apartheid, the high crime rate could be seen for what it was. The crime wave was also fuelled by the lack of jobs especially amongst blacks.

The South African government worsened matters by refusing to channel enough resources especially by putting enough policemen on the streets to fight these criminals.

We have to remember that the blacks distrusted the police, as they were used by the white regimes to oppress them. Putting a large number of policemen on the streets to combat crime would look like an occupation force. Just think of the dislike black American neighbourhoods have of the police.

If the South African police put enough policemen on the streets, the crime wave would drastically fall. What I am effectively saying is that there should be a surge.

When America had problems containing the insurgency in Iraq, there was a surge of 30,000 troops which helped to take a huge bite from the insurgency.

3. Permission of criminality breeds violence.

Eccl 8:11 says that" Because sentence against a bad work has not been speedily executed, that is why the heart of men is set to do what is bad.

By not punishing criminals, you send wrong signals that other forms of violence may be tolerated. Criminality breeds a culture of violence

This may be why xenophobic attacks have so brazen because those involved know they'll most likely go unpunished. When America started to jail white supremacists in the Deep South, the shameful legacy of legalised segregation began to decline.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Ayus34(m): 11:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
V0lv0:
You are a dumbass. So because one is in another man's land they must just sir back and fold their arms and watch people get murdered. Smh
I don't insult ladies ......I will forgive u,reason I will be civil with my reply here.....just becareful and respect urself!
thanks

1 Like

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by morpheus24: 11:22pm On Apr 13, 2015
Ayus34:

I don't insult ladies ......I will forgive u,reason I will be civil with my reply here.....just becareful and respect urself!
thanks

Ashawo!, she no go give you

3 Likes

Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by Ayus34(m): 11:28pm On Apr 13, 2015
morpheus24:

Ashawo!, she no go give you

I believe her nature of job is different from that of ur mother those days at Allen every night from 8:00pm
Re: Save Us From Xenophobic Attacks, Nigerians In S Africa Urge FG by MduZA: 4:25am On Apr 14, 2015
V0lv0:

if what you are saying was true,there would be no foreigners in SA...Sesotho and Setswana are also our official languages therefore these two countries are part of us..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Inside Kano Porto Golf Resort / Accident In Delta Kills All Passengers, Including NYSC Member Dead (Pics) / Skeleton Of Man Trapped In Lava During Mount Vesuvius Eruption In 79 A.D.(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.