Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family (19260 Views)

Why You Shouldn't Date Or Marry A Poor Girl / Ladies Will You Rather Date Or Marry This Guy? / LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by kolidave: 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2015
Dont know if this is the right place to post this but the mods can help me post it to the right place.
So here goes the problem.......
A friend's cousins are in this current position. She told me that both are cousins are dating 2 brothers from the another family. The eldest cousin knew one of the brothers first and started dating him. The younger cousin unknowing to her met the other brother fell in love with him. now both of them are ready to take the relationship to the next step which is marriage. They later discovered that they've been dating each other's siblings for quite a while now and considers it a taboo. The elder brother came to a decision that hes going to leave his own girlfriend so that his younger brother can get married which to me i think its unfair.
My friend wants to know if its ideal for her two cousins to go ahead and proceed to the marriage or just stop the relationship.
Over to you nairalanders,i need to give my friend an advice.
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
nothing is wrong. they are not related by blood. so it cant be a taboo.
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 1:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
Well ops, I don't know what to say seriously because am also confused here. I don't think is adviceable for two people from the same family to marry from another set of two people from the same family also. It doesn't make sense at all. My opinion though.
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Princecalm(m): 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
There is nothing wrong, but it looks akward to people watching them in reality.
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by kolidave: 1:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
feran14:
nothing is wrong. they are not related by blood. so it cant be a taboo.
so I said ooo but when one of them marries,they become related by law. Hence they become brother and sister inlaws
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
kolidave:
so I said ooo but when one of them marries,they become related by law. Hence they become brother and sister inlaws

does the law forbid it??

cc: justfollowit
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by FLAWLES(f): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pple for this Romance section no even know book....Nothing is wrong jooor; they should carry d relationship pass the other level's level

1 Like

Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by jamex93(m): 1:23pm On Apr 09, 2015
It is very possible and 100% ok

There is nothing bad in it
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by dharay99: 1:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
yhu ppl keep bringing out ds same question again n again,

Oya hold ur ears Op, I askd this man down here(IFA Oracle) and he said there is nuffin wrong wid it.

#happy fhuckinq life.
tongue

Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by kolidave: 1:31pm On Apr 09, 2015
feran14:

does the law forbid it??

I dont really know. Buh as long as theres "brother" or "sister" with the "in law" I think it bounds them as siblings
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by emperorchedda(m): 1:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
sameer1212:
Well ops, I don't know what to say seriously because am also confused here. I don't think is adviceable for two people from the same family to marry from another set of two people from the same family also. It doesn't make sense at all. My opinion though.
Please what's your reason? You wrote up to 6 lines yet no single reason.

I don't see anything wrong OP. Blood isn't involved
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
emperorchedda:
Please what's your reason? You wrote up to 6 lines yet no single reason.

I don't see anything wrong OP. Blood isn't involved
It looks weird na. For the girls,no be only them they na, and for the boys too. People will look at them like they are insane and our society always have influence on our marriages because we are africans.. The parents will not feel comfortable also.
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Acekidc4(m): 2:04pm On Apr 09, 2015
Pls wait @Op, let me Consult my Forefathers!!

Esu lalu ogiri okogrin
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Chidonc(m): 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2015
All I can say is dat the elder brother neva really loved is girlfrnd, if not y is he ready 2 leave her so dat is younger brother should get married, if this was a nigeria film,,,,,,,it would be title brothers blood

1 Like

Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
feran14:

does the law forbid it??

Yes it does.
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Daresh(f): 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2015
kolidave:
Dont know if this is the right place to post this but the mods can help me post it to the right place.
So here goes the problem.......
A friend's cousins are in this current position. She told me that both are cousins are dating 2 brothers from the another family. The eldest cousin knew one of the brothers first and started dating him. The younger cousin unknowing to her met the other brother fell in love with him. now both of them are ready to take the relationship to the next step which is marriage. They later discovered that they've been dating each other's siblings for quite a while now and considers it a taboo. The elder brother came to a decision that hes going to leave his own girlfriend so that his younger brother can get married which to me i think its unfair.
My friend wants to know if its ideal for her two cousins to go ahead and proceed to the marriage or just stop the relationship.
Over to you nairalanders,i need to give my friend an advice.

My father's cousin married my mother's sister. All is fine and good. A friend of mine had her father's sister, marry her mother's brother. They are genetically siblings and all look alike. Your friend is safe

1 Like

Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
Justfollowit:

Yes it does.

really?? why nd how?
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2015
feran14:

really?? why nd how?

I guess it was made for policy reasons. It is incestous relationahip for goodness sake and no sane human would deem it morally and legally right for the consititution to legalize such relationship
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
Justfollowit:

I guess it was made for policy reasons. It is incestous relationahip for goodness sake and no sane human would deem it morally and legally right for the consititution to legalize such relationship

hmm k
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Ndipe(m): 5:31am On Dec 11, 2018
It's quite common in America, but to me, that's a no-no. You and your sibling sharing the same parent inlaw? Nope!
Re: Can Two Siblings Date Or Marry Two Other Siblings From Another Family by Johnny1013(m): 11:27am On Dec 11, 2018
for me I think they can go ahead ....love is a beautiful thing..

(1) (Reply)

Is Waiting Until Marriage An Outdated Concept? / I Will Savor, Eat, Suck, Kiss, Relish And Fùck This Cute Guy (pics) / This Girl Has Got So Many People Taking About Her boobs See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.