Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,540 members, 7,808,991 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Getting Employed From Outside The Country - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Getting Employed From Outside The Country (895 Views)

USMLE & PLAB Which One Has The Best Chances Of Getting Employed? / What Are My Chances Of Getting Employed As A Microbiologist / What Are The Factors That Determine Getting Employed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Getting Employed From Outside The Country by Tmoni(m): 12:31pm On Jan 27, 2009
Really good topic again, it is the dream of alot of us to work back home in Nigeria and in a way do our own part in nation Building but sometimes, the so called Nigerian Employers really take the mick of u

i recently applied for a job in Nigeria (reputable firm in engineering built a very big FPSO recently) and the first response i got was do u want to be employed as an expatriate or do u want to relocate

i replied in asking for the difference and the company's representative (note, i did not say the company becos i belive management would not approve the reply) says WE DO NOT RECRUIT BLACK AS EXPATRIATE,

i recieve a phone call and i asked ok, if i am relocating back to nigeria, what are the benefits, at least my flight ticket should be paid and she goes No,we would not do that and i promptly told her to forget about it,

its not worth going back to generator fumes & noise, ole & agbero, nepa et al for a company that is as crass as that

i think companies shld employ and train people for HR jobs and not just draft in anybody who has a degree

i am still very much interested in going home some day when the company is sensible
Re: Getting Employed From Outside The Country by FBS: 1:46pm On Jan 27, 2009
Tmoni:

Really good topic again, it is the dream of alot of us to work back home in Nigeria and in a way do our own part in nation Building but sometimes, the so called Nigerian Employers really take the mick of u

i recently applied for a job in Nigeria (reputable firm in engineering built a very big FPSO recently) and the first response i got was do u want to be employed as an expatriate or do u want to relocate

i replied in asking for the difference and the company's representative (note, i did not say the company becos i belive management would not approve the reply) says WE DO NOT RECRUIT BLACK AS EXPATRIATE,
just what does she mean by that? because you are black you cannot be an expat? ara me ri ri l' ode oyo. shocked wonders shall never end.

(1) (Reply)

Teachers Forum / How To Be A Gentleman / How Do You Tell Your Boss She Has Got A Mouth Odour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.