Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,506 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. (8676 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Says Buhari Is Wearing N2m Shoes Despite Recession (Pics) / Ben Murray-Bruce: Anambra Doesn't Owe Salaries Despite Not Being An Oil State / Despite Paying N170,000 To Be Elevated, Olubadan Denied Me – Oyediji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by doctokwus: 4:28pm On Apr 09, 2015
My dear nlanders,see me see wahala in this election season.
I renewed my DSTV subscription on 31st March, to beat the price increase of 1st April, as I was advised by a cc agent via a call on 30th march.
My then existing subscription was supposed to elapse on 3rd April.
Surprisingly, since last Sunday 5th April my DSTV channels have been off(E-16 error message). I have tried the reset message several times without success and there 2 cc lines,08039003788 and 012703232,have not been going through anytime I have tried for the past 6days!I have also sent several emails,yet nothing has been done.
Pls anybody with a solution to this problem or have had similar issue.I can't go to their office due to time constraints.
The weekend is approaching and with this election their offices will not be opened.
Abeg,nlanders help me with a way out.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by SPDAZZY(f): 4:29pm On Apr 09, 2015
k
ndo
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 09, 2015
A friend had a similar experience....I think inadvertently you've been subscribed on the new rate.....but you will have to pay the shortfall before your decoded can come up.

Top up your Smartcard account and send RESET XXXXXXXXXX ( the first ten digits of your Smartcard) as an SMS to 30333

Or send a tweet to their Twitter handle @DstvNg asking them to reactive your decoded stating your smartcard number.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by doctokwus: 4:40pm On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:
A friend had a similar experience....I think inadvertently you've been subscribed on the new rate.....but you will have to pay the shortfall before your decoded can come up.
U don't say!
But d problem now is that I can't even get through to customer care.The lines are not just going through.Hearing from them would have given me my correct status.
Thanks anyway,wud keep on trying those damn numbers.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 09, 2015
doctokwus:

U don't say!
But d problem now is that I can't even get through to customer care.The lines are not just going through.Hearing from them would have given me my correct status.

You will spend endless hours trying to reach the CUS....wasting money in the process.

Download the mobile phone app from either the apple store or the Google store. It helps.

You can view you account and see if there is a short fall which you can the pay. If there is no shortfall, you can use the app to clear the error message.

Honestly....you don't need all the stress if you have that app on your phone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by crazygod(m): 4:52pm On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:
Top up your Smartcard account and send RESET XXXXXXXXXX ( the first ten digits of your Smartcard) as an SMS to 30333
Or send a tweet to their Twitter handle @DstvNg asking them to reactive your decoded stating your smartcard number.

But that's wrong. Why should he pay any 'short fall' or whatever u call it? He payed before april 1st which is the date the increment takes effect. I also have this issue. I went to one of their branch offices and it was rectified. But after two days, the issue started again. Tomorrow is my off day, they're gonna hear from me. I think that prophet that predicted that lawyers will make a lot of money this year could be right after all.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 09, 2015
crazygod:

But that's wrong. Why should he pay any 'short fall' or whatever u call it? He payed before april 1st which is the date the increment takes effect. I also have this issue. I went to one of their branch offices and it was rectified. But after two days, the issue started again. Tomorrow is my off day, they're gonna hear from me. I think that prophet that predicted that lawyers will make a lot of money this year could be right after all.

Lolzzzz.....I don't really know the technicalities involved....but I think it has do do with improper payment system configuration.

If you pay before your due date....the payment will probably be in a holding account and it will now be moved into your main Smartcard acount on your due date....that linkage must be responsible for the "shortfall" the smartcard account is experiencing.

My opinion though......it may not be correct.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by gabriel212: 4:59pm On Apr 09, 2015
I experience the same problem until I visit their office in GRA Ikeja before the could reconnect it. if you call them from now till day break they will not respond to your call until you visit their office.
if not that there are many people in their office that day(Saturday 4/4/15) I would have cause trouble in their office for disconnecting me for 3-days
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Bakersfield: 5:00pm On Apr 09, 2015
doctokwus:

U don't say!

I had similar problem with Dstv subscription too. I was disconnected last Sunday even though my account is still active till 4th of May. Luckily am now connected 4 hours ago when Dstv customer support called me for assistance.

Solution : Try visit Dstv office close to you for assistance. OR

Go to Dstv Twitter handle customer service : @DStvNg . State your subscription status and send the receipt of last
payment along. Don't forget to send your Dstv Smart Card number too.

Don't waste your airtime to call. They will not pick your call. Tweet, Twitter, Twittetest. Dstv will surely reconnect and activate your account back. My 2kobo.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Bakersfield: 5:05pm On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:

Lolzzzz.....I don't really know the technicalities involved....but I think it has do do with improper payment system configuration.

If you pay before your due date....the payment will probably be in a holding account and it will now be moved into your main Smartcard acount on your due date....that linkage must be responsible for the "shortfall" the smartcard account is experiencing.

My opinion though......it may not be correct.

You are 105% correct. I was disconnected last Sunday, but I paid my subscription on the 25th of March 2015 to beat the new rate deadline. Alas I got disconnected for prompt payments. Nigeria we hail thee.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by doctokwus: 5:10pm On Apr 09, 2015
Bakersfield:

I had similar problem with Dstv subscription too. I was disconnected last Sunday even though my account is still active till 4th of May. Luckily am now connected 4 hours ago when Dstv customer support called me for assistance.

Solution : Try visit Dstv office close to you for assistance. OR

Go to Dstv Twitter handle customer service : @DStvNg . State your subscription status and send the receipt of last
payment along. Don't forget to send your Dstv Smart Card number too.

Don't waste your airtime to call. They will not pick your call. Tweet, Twitter, Twittetest. Dstv will surely reconnect and activate your account back. My 2kobo.

Didn't bother about their Twitter handle. Thought calling and email would b faster.
I have sent them twit with necessary details. Awaiting their response.
Thanks.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by doctokwus: 5:12pm On Apr 09, 2015
ilugunboy:

You will spend endless hours trying to reach the CUS....wasting money in the process.

Download the mobile phone app from either the apple store or the Google store. It helps.

You can view you account and see if there is a short fall which you can the pay. If there is no shortfall, you can use the app to clear the error message.

Honestly....you don't need all the stress if you have that app on your phone.
Kk.Av sent them a twit. Soon as I have good network would also download their handle. Meanwhile awaiting response to my twit.
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
Channels 140,139 are not showing well on my screen..ilugunboy any idea?
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 09, 2015
Keneking:
Channels 140,139 are not showing well on my screen..ilugunboy any idea?

Why not try to rescan and see.....
Re: DSTV Disconnection Despite Paying For Subscription. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2015
doctokwus:

Didn't bother about their Twitter handle. Thought calling and email would b faster.
I have sent them twit with necessary details. Awaiting their response.
Thanks.

The Twitter handle seems to be the most efficient in resolving such issues as you are assured of prompt response.

(1) (Reply)

Why Moghalu, Durotoye, Ezekwesili, Others Stand No Chance By Deji Yesufu / Kogi Gov’ship: 45 Political Parties Adopt Bello / Bomb Blast Kills 3 In Jalingo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.