Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs (25996 Views)

Please Stop Doing These 9 Things When Applying For Jobs Online / 5 Ways To Successfully Apply For Jobs On A Nigerian Government Website / Discover 5 Tips For Selling Yourself When Applying For Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by techy7: 9:27am On Jun 24, 2016
OVERVIEW

Today, over 98% of industries use automated machines in their production
processes. Be it Oil and Gas, Marine, Packaging, Petrochemical, Food and
Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Mines, Machine Shops, Telecommunications,
Engineering services, Rolling Mills, Power or Agriculture, all automate their
machines to produce more, consistently, quickly and efficiently through the
use of the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).PLCs serve as the
hearts of these machines and allow them to be automatically controlled,
operated and monitored.
A PLC is used for the control of industrial machines and process installations in
order to improve production efficiency, safety and output. The PLC was
designed mainly for this purpose and offers possibility of a flexible
configuration by means of hardware and software to be adapted to the
machine or process which needs to be controlled.
To be relevant in today’s industrial setting, the knowledge of PLC operation,set-up, programming and troubleshooting is a must for all technical personnel. In order to confidently work with automated
industrial machines, today’s workforce must therefore acquire skills in wiring,
programming, operation and troubleshooting of PLC systems

THE TRAINING

The PLC (Automation) training is designed to equip participants/trainees with
little or no experience/knowledge and also working professionals with the tools
necessary to comfortably wire, program, operate and troubleshoot PLC systems
from the scratch.
The training is tailor-made to equip you with the practical know-how and
technical skills needed to become employable and successful in your career.
The training bridges the gap between industry desired skills and theoretical
knowledge.
In this course, you will wire live PLCs with field devices such as switches,sensors etc and create a program, step-by-step, to meet the requirements of a given functional specification. As you build the program, you
will gain experience that can be applied to any industrial machine operations.
Each lesson in the training is devoted to a step in the programming sequence.
Your instructor will present each step and demonstrate the procedure required
to complete it. After each procedure has been demonstrated, you will be given
an opportunity to apply what you have learned by selecting the appropriate
instructions, drafting and programming ladder logic, and
testing your project using live PLCs. You will then be able to compare your
program to an existing example.
This training is a small investment in your future; it makes you more
marketable in today's tough job market.

Course Objective

At the end of the training,participants will be able to
a. Understand PLC Control Principles and Applications with Field Devices
b. Identify and describe the functions of PLC components
c. Connect and Wire Field Devices to PLC Inputs and Outputs
d. Write PLC programs to control machine operation
e. Troubleshoot Failed Input and Output Field Devices, Power Supplies, and
Processors
f.wire and program different motor control starters with PLC
g. Solve real-life exercises and simulate control
h. Use and Configure a Delay Timer and Counter in a Controller
i. Connect a Power Device Using an Interposing Relay
j. Use the Programming Terminal to Troubleshoot Failed Field Devices
k. Determine Address Names for Input and Output Points
l. Use Symbolic Addressing to Speed Development and Troubleshooting
m. Use Address and Function Searches within the Program
n.Interpret ladder logic for the purpose of troubleshooting

Who needs this training?
Holders of B.Sc. HND, ND, C&G, NABTEB etc. in Electrical/Electronic/
Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engineering, Physics and other related
courses, desirous of securing a good job
Working professionals: Operators, Technicians, Engineers etc. looking to
improve their skills

What you will get

*Practical training with live PLC and field devices
*PLC Simulation software
*Comprehensive course materials
*50 PLC Video tutorials
*Over 100 industry based PLC wiring,programming & troubleshooting practice
exercices
*Certificate of completion

For more Info
Contact SofTech Automation on 08099748141,08053323003 (whatsapp only)

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by ESFRANCIS01(m): 12:53am On Jun 25, 2016
Thank God for leading me here. I'm so happy cos it's good to be home. Fresh Graduate yet to serve (Batch B). I've gained a lot going through the thread also surprise to see Mrs. Debbie here, never knew she was an engineer. Pls more experience_sharing so as to awaken my passion all the more.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by loisella(f): 4:05pm On Jul 17, 2016
Wonder1844:
instead of u to pay such huge amount for another supposed theoritical training i wil advice u added it up to like 750k then travel to India nd u wunt regret it.

IIT is a good place, would have gone there but no ladies allowed

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 2:05am On Sep 12, 2016
tboibamz:

IIT ain't theory based, they are practically inclined and structured.. Over ninety percent of their electro-mechanical graduates are in the industry..they introduced mechatronics not quite long that's making poly and uni grads employable.. I plan to go there after my hnd..

Do they provide accommodation for the participants?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 2:06am On Sep 12, 2016
loisella:

IIT is a good place, would have gone there but no ladies allowed

Do they provide accommodation for participants?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by tboibamz: 9:30am On Sep 13, 2016
onyenze123:

Do they provide accommodation for the participants?

No they don't.

I came across LEYLAND TECHNICAL ACADEMY, OYO STATE not long ago on the internet. You can check them out. They provide accommodation.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by JADESOLA15: 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hi, I have opening for Electrical/Electronic Eng for immediate employment in Abuja.
The person should have minimum of 3 to 4years experience in High Speed European machine with electrical panels.

This is very urgent.

Thanks
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Naazz: 8:14am On Dec 09, 2016
JADESOLA15:
Hi, I have opening for Electrical/Electronic Eng for immediate employment in Abuja.
The person should have minimum of 3 to 4years experience in High Speed European machine with electrical panels.

This is very urgent.

Thanks

What's your email address?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by JADESOLA15: 2:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Naazz:

What's your email address?

lekside11@yahoo.co.uk
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by adejaresalami1(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
JADESOLA15:

This is very urgent.

Thanks
How can we apply sir....I have a vast knowledge on wood working machines and am an experienced electrician.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nice thread good to be here.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by seyilapy(m): 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
ATTENTION SIR.

DBriteLitehouse:
Shout out to my fellow Electrical Engineers in the house.

I believe those writing the September Diet NSE Exams are preparing now.

Holla at me,maybe I could help to give some explanations.

#ProudToBeACOREN-RegisteredElectricalEngineerAndNSECorporateMember.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
seyilapy:
ATTENTION SIR.

replied your mail.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Crespodinho(m): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2016
Good morning I'm a 400L student of electrical electronics in Oou, can you please enlighten me where I can get training as an elect elect engineer in Nigeria
Olacrespo@yahoo.com thanks in advance
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Qlock(m): 3:43pm On Dec 16, 2016
circuit designer
embedded systems programmer/designer

Anyone good in any of the above, please send your CV to careers@grit.systems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by ademasta(m): 4:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
Welldone guys

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jul 20, 2017
Wonder1844:
instead of u to pay such huge amount for another supposed theoritical training i wil advice u added it up to like 750k then travel to India nd u wunt regret it.

Bro do you have any info on institutes in india offering such programs? Your reply would be deeply appreciated.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2017
idonchop:

Yeah,it is. I ve also checked in AETI and GIL but their charges are high too.
I'm visiting the SofTech Automations guys tomorrow to see what they've got in terms of training resources ,their own price is quite reasonable.

Did you finally do any mechatronics course bro? Did you check out any of the institutes, do they make sense?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by jagadab: 8:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
please can somebody post the accurate address of all these institutions listed and any idea of their price am really interested
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by DaGeneral(m): 8:50pm On Jul 23, 2017
I have had trainings in AETI and IIT.. Automation engineering, Industrial Motor controls and RAC respectively. AETI is modelled after IIT because the Head of AETI was once part of IIT.. AETI is more expensive compared to IIT. IIT is males only.both has there strengths n weakness but both will definitely give you value for money.
IIT in located in Isheri after channels TV, AETI is at Bode Thomas and GIL automation is in Daily Times house somewhere in agidigbi
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by jamrid: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2017
Hello House,

I am really happy to be home with my people.......

Please don't let this thread die.

Let continue furnish ourselves with latest doing in Electrical/Electronic Engineering field.

LET KEEP THE SPIRIT OF NAEEE ALIVE!!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 31, 2018
Are you in need of Electrical Electronics Project Topics and Construction, visit us today :
https://www.akifagoelectronics.com
https://www.akifagoelectronics.com.ng

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by fazbuk(m): 10:47am On Jan 31, 2018
Automation training on my mind , but Financially incapacitated..... Looking for Job please , Site work , Industrial, Contract., .OND Holder , Fresh B.Tech graduate.If any opportunity surface please , contact me on 07083240998
Kayoluwaseyi@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by swagifted(m): 10:46am On Aug 17, 2018
idonchop:

Yeah,it is. I ve also checked in AETI and GIL but their charges are high too.
I'm visiting the SofTech Automations guys tomorrow to see what they've got in terms of training resources ,their own price is quite reasonable.
please how much are gil automations charging?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by doshe39(m): 7:43am On Aug 18, 2018
techy7:
OVERVIEW

Today, over 98% of industries use automated machines in their production
processes. Be it Oil and Gas, Marine, Packaging, Petrochemical, Food and
Beverages, Pharmaceutical, Mines, Machine Shops, Telecommunications,
Engineering services, Rolling Mills, Power or Agriculture, all automate their
machines to produce more, consistently, quickly and efficiently through the
use of the Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).PLCs serve as the
hearts of these machines and allow them to be automatically controlled,
operated and monitored.
A PLC is used for the control of industrial machines and process installations in
order to improve production efficiency, safety and output. The PLC was
designed mainly for this purpose and offers possibility of a flexible
configuration by means of hardware and software to be adapted to the
machine or process which needs to be controlled.
To be relevant in today’s industrial setting, the knowledge of PLC operation,set-up, programming and troubleshooting is a must for all technical personnel. In order to confidently work with automated
industrial machines, today’s workforce must therefore acquire skills in wiring,
programming, operation and troubleshooting of PLC systems

THE TRAINING

The PLC (Automation) training is designed to equip participants/trainees with
little or no experience/knowledge and also working professionals with the tools
necessary to comfortably wire, program, operate and troubleshoot PLC systems
from the scratch.
The training is tailor-made to equip you with the practical know-how and
technical skills needed to become employable and successful in your career.
The training bridges the gap between industry desired skills and theoretical
knowledge.
In this course, you will wire live PLCs with field devices such as switches,sensors etc and create a program, step-by-step, to meet the requirements of a given functional specification. As you build the program, you
will gain experience that can be applied to any industrial machine operations.
Each lesson in the training is devoted to a step in the programming sequence.
Your instructor will present each step and demonstrate the procedure required
to complete it. After each procedure has been demonstrated, you will be given
an opportunity to apply what you have learned by selecting the appropriate
instructions, drafting and programming ladder logic, and
testing your project using live PLCs. You will then be able to compare your
program to an existing example.
This training is a small investment in your future; it makes you more
marketable in today's tough job market.

Course Objective

At the end of the training,participants will be able to
a. Understand PLC Control Principles and Applications with Field Devices
b. Identify and describe the functions of PLC components
c. Connect and Wire Field Devices to PLC Inputs and Outputs
d. Write PLC programs to control machine operation
e. Troubleshoot Failed Input and Output Field Devices, Power Supplies, and
Processors
f.wire and program different motor control starters with PLC
g. Solve real-life exercises and simulate control
h. Use and Configure a Delay Timer and Counter in a Controller
i. Connect a Power Device Using an Interposing Relay
j. Use the Programming Terminal to Troubleshoot Failed Field Devices
k. Determine Address Names for Input and Output Points
l. Use Symbolic Addressing to Speed Development and Troubleshooting
m. Use Address and Function Searches within the Program
n.Interpret ladder logic for the purpose of troubleshooting

Who needs this training?
Holders of B.Sc. HND, ND, C&G, NABTEB etc. in Electrical/Electronic/
Mechanical/Industrial/Production Engineering, Physics and other related
courses, desirous of securing a good job
Working professionals: Operators, Technicians, Engineers etc. looking to
improve their skills

What you will get

*Practical training with live PLC and field devices
*PLC Simulation software
*Comprehensive course materials
*50 PLC Video tutorials
*Over 100 industry based PLC wiring,programming & troubleshooting practice
exercices
*Certificate of completion

For more Info
Contact SofTech Automation on 08099748141,08053323003 (whatsapp only)
office location and price of the training
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by engrhope12: 10:16am On Aug 18, 2018
Leyland is a wonderful place to do your automation training i did with them early this year and the training was pure practical and they have equipment for training and professional facilitator. They just open a branch in Lagos state at fiiro oshodi and are doing training on automation and robotic at cheap cost of 100k against the former price of 350k if you want to take this opportunities give me a call or chat me up #07061672507
hope.automaton@yahoo.com
I am automation engineer and i want my fellow engineers to participate in this great opportunity

I came across LEYLAND TECHNICAL ACADEMY, OYO STATE not long ago on the internet. You can check them out. They provide accommodation. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Jhamzy(m): 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2019
If you meet up with the following requirements:

Qualification: B.eng, HND, Electrical/Electronics Engineering

With Experience on: Building & Industrial Installations, Automation & Control, Instrumentation, Power Systems and other Renewables with ability to interprete diagrams and willing to learn more...
You must also be willing to travel alot.

Kindly DM Me or send me a mail on: hamzajatto@yahoo.com

Note: If you meet 50% of the experience listed, still contact me. Also experience on Elevator Assembly & Installation will be and added advantage.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by victory148(m): 8:47pm On Jun 14, 2019
Jhamzy:
If you meet up with the following requirements:

Qualification: B.eng, HND, Electrical/Electronics Engineering

With Experience on: Building & Industrial Installations, Automation & Control, Instrumentation, Power Systems and other Renewables with ability to interprete diagrams and willing to learn more...
You must also be willing to travel alot.

Kindly DM Me or send me a mail on: hamzajatto@yahoo.com

Note: If you meet 50% of the experience listed, still contact me. Also experience on Elevator Assembly & Installation will be and added advantage.
I'm a male is there a chance for me?
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by Tonelro4real: 8:56pm On Feb 28, 2020
Hello All, please can someone tell or email(anthonydibia@yahoo.com) me the list of schools in Nigeria offering Control Systems Engineering at postgraduate levels.
Thanks for your swift response.
Re: A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs by clockwisereport: 8:00pm On Sep 27, 2022
stopdat:

Thank you so much for this
Many a graduate today boast of their HNDs,B.Sc 2.1,2.2,Distinction etc without any other skills apart from the calculus and laplace they learnt in school.There r many graduates out there with first class and distinction but have still not got jobs. Why not separate urself from them and increase your chances of getting a job by going for a professional training.A good example is Autocad ,Instrumentation and PLC training.There r a good number of training centres around that can give you the training.I bet you that there r jobs in Nigeria but for those that go beyond just HND,B.Sc and the likes.
Get a skill and your story will change
Certification na still money. Most of these young graduates can't boast of 10k in their account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? / REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job / Finally Gotten A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.